Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

بواسطة mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... المزيد

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 37 - Dinner

4.5K 152 253
بواسطة mayaxwriter

~Friday~

The next few days were normal. Peter and I both went to school and then in the afternoon went on patrol.

Ned was constantly talking about Spider-Man and Gemini. Peter told me that Ned knows about him being Spider-Man. I would totally tell Ned about me being Gemini, I just don't know if it's a good idea.

I avoided my mom the entire week. I'm probably being a petty self-absorbed teenage girl, but I didn't care. I always wanted to spend some quality time with my mom, but she was always too busy with work, and now she's too busy with her new "boyfriend".

I've been staying with my dad during the day, then I'd go home at night, and then back to my dad's after school. I've really missed him, and it's nice being able to spend some time with him after almost four years.

I've been nervous about my dinner with my family and Peter. My mom hasn't seen Peter since we left, and neither has my dad. I just hope they like him. My dad always liked Peter, he liked that he was very smart and kind of awkward.

I just really hope dinner goes well tonight.

~~

"Hey," Peter catches up to me in the crowded hallway of the school.

"Hey Pete," I look to him, "So dinner tonight right?"

"Yeah, yeah it should be fun,"

I laugh, "I hope so. You haven't seen either of my parents since we left for Michigan."

"What if they don't like me anymore?" Peter stops in the hallway and looks at me.

I take his hand in mine, "Peter, of course they're going to like you. They always have, you have nothing to worry about."

He nodded at me, and we continued to walk down the hallway and to our next class.

~~

After school, I went to my dad's house to hang out and do homework. My dad suggested that we go over to my mom's a little early to help her set the table for dinner.

I unlocked the front door with my key and led my dad inside. He looked around at the house for a bit until my mom walked in.

She paused when she saw my dad, "Hello Marcus,"

He nodded and gave a little wave, "Hey Sherri,"

I break the awkwardness, "Need help setting the table?" I ask.

"Oh yes, thank you," She walks into the kitchen and hands me some plates, I set them on each of our spots.

The doorbell rings just as I finished putting the napkins out, "I'll get it!" I tell my parents.

I run to the door and open it, Peter is standing there wearing the same outfit he went to school in, just like I am. I open the door and he looks at me, "Hey,"

"Hey, Peter," My mom and dad both walk over to greet Peter at the door.

"Oh my gosh, look at little Peter Parker!" My mom exclaims as Peter walks in, "You've turned into such a handsome young man."

Peter blushes, "It's nice to see you again Ms. Y/L/N,"

My dad stares at Peter for a minute and then holds out his hand for Peter to shake it, "It's great to see you again Peter," He says slowly.

Peter shakes my dad's hand. My dad's expression turns shocked, "Hell of a grip," he laughs.

Peter gives a little laugh. "Well I think we should all eat, I'm starving." I tell them.

I guide everyone into the kitchen and we all take our places. Peter and I on one side of the table and my mom and dad on the other.

My mom serves her meatloaf and mashes potatoes and then we all dig in.

"So Peter, what have you been up to all this time?" My mom asks.

"Um, well I've just mainly been working on school, trying to get good grades,"

"Well that shouldn't be too hard for you, you always were very smart," My mom comments.

"Peter has an internship with Tony Stark," I add on.

My mom's eyes grow wide, "Really? The Tony Stark?"

Peter nods as my mom continues, "That must have been very hard to get, do you actually work with Tony directly?"

"Yeah, he's my boss, I see him about four times a week," Peter takes a sip of his water.

I think of more ways to make Peter look good, "He just went on a business trip to Sweeden with Mr. Stark,"

"Oh my goodness, Peter you have been so busy. I'm sure you don't have to worry about your future at all with an internship with Tony Stark." My mom says.

Peter laughs, "Yeah well neither does your daughter, she also has an internship with Tony Stark."

My dad finally speaks up, "You do?"

I shyly laugh, "Yeah,"

"You didn't tell us anything about that!" My mom exclaims.

"I went to the internship while you were at work, after school. I just haven't gone in a few days because I've been with dad."

"When did you get this internship?" My dad asks.

I think for a moment before responding, "About a month ago, I met him through Peter."

My mom looks impressed, but then my dad gets up from the table, "Y/N can I talk to you for a moment in your room?"

I slowly nod and get up and follow my dad upstairs. He leads me into my room and closes my door.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I don't want you seeing Peter." He says.

I can't believe what I'm hearing, "Excuse me?"

"Y/N, on my way home from work I saw Spider-Man swinging around the city, and he landed and took off his mask when no one was looking." He paused for a moment, "It was Peter. Peter is Spider-Man."

My heart stopped when he said that. I can't believe my dad knows Peter is Spider-Man.

"And when I saw him tonight I freaked out. You could be in danger dating Spider-Man. I mean, did you even know about that?"

"Yes! Of course, I knew he was Spider-Man!" I tell him.

"And now I hear you have an internship with Tony Stark, who by the way, is Iron Man in case you forgot. Another dangerous superhero."

My dad paces around the room while I think of what to say next, "Dad, Peter isn't putting me in any danger. I promise you,"

"Y/N, it's dangerous. He also has his partner, Gemini. How do you know he's not cheating on you with her. She's probably your age, and they seem very close."

My mouth dropped as he said that and then I laughed, "Peter would never cheat on me. Yes, Gemini is our age, but Peter isn't cheating on me with her."

"You don't know that!" My dad exclaims.

"Yes, I do!" I snap back.

"How? Tell me how!" He yells and then holds up his hands to end the yelling, "I'm going to go downstairs and nicely ask Peter not to see you, I'm sorry it just has to happen. I don't want you in danger just because you like a boy."

He begins to open the door, but then I hold up my hand and use my powers to close the door and lock it. He instantly turns back to me and sees me with my hand up.

A look of confusion and fear spreads across his face as I walk closer.

"I know because I'm Gemini,"

-

-

-

-

A/N: Uh oh! Now her dad knows! Can you believe he wanted to break the two lovebirds up?? So sorry it was a short chapter and kind of a boring one, I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to write. The next chapter will be better. Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Love you all!

~MJ Xx

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

293K 8.4K 63
"But that's ruins all the fun now, doesn't it sweetheart?" || Determined. Sarcastic. Genius. All words to describe both of the Starks. Peter Parker h...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...
Forever بواسطة Ava

قصص الهواة

1.2K 61 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
39.6K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...