The Last Mermaid

By Bandnerdbeauty_07

Description inside! More

Authors note/ disclaimer
Character intro.
Chapter 1: Seeing the Light
Chapter 2: The Beach
Chapter 3: First day of school
Chapter 5: New love
Authors Note! Please read!
Chapter 6: Powers
Chapter 7: She did what?!
Chapter 8: Nightmares and Deadly Confrontations
Authors note! Please read
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: All roads lead to war.
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Secrets Revealed

204 6 1
By Bandnerdbeauty_07

Authors Note: I would like to dedicate this chapter to Lemonade_Rose! I would like to thank you for the vote. This is for you! Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 4: Secrets Revealed

Kim

He smiles at me and it makes me melt. I realize now I can really trust this guy. I think it's time I told him...

Me: Hey Jack?

Jack: Yeah?

Me: Can you meet at the cove over there in a few hours?

Jack: Sure!

Me: Cool. I'm gonna go get ready.

Mika: Hey, do you want some help getting ready?

Her and Julie look at me with hopeful eyes that I can't say no to.

Me: Sure!

Julie/Mika: EEEEEEEP!

Julie: Come on! Let's get you ready at my house.

With that we leave the beach, but not before I look over my shoulder to Jack to smile and wave at him. He smiles and waves back.

Jack

I'm really excited that Kim asked me to go to the cove. I used to go there all the time.

Jerry: My mans got a date, WHOO!

Me: I'm gonna go get ready

With that I go to my house to get ready

Kim

Julie and Mika put me in a white high low dress with real designs on it and spaghetti straps and curled my hair. when Mika put mascara on my eye lashes I start to freak out.

Me: Mika is this water based?

Mika: Yeah, why?

Before I can answer I transform right in front of them

Me: This is why...

Julie: You're a mermaid?!

Me: Shhh! Not so loud some one will hear you! Yes I am. I am the last one...

Mika: It's okay, Kim. We will keep your secret safe.

Julie: Yeah, we promise!

Me: Thanks guys!

We all hug each other.

Julie: Umm.. Can I touch your tail?

Mika: Me too!

Me: Sure!

They both touch it gently and Julie plays with my seaweed like fins while Mika plays with my dark hair.

Mika: So, not that this isn't cool or anything but how do you change back?

Me: It's pretty easy actually. I just think about my blonde hair and legs and steam rises off my tail. Changing me back.

They both nod and I think about my human self, but nothing happens!

Me: Oh no! I'm not changing back! What am I going to do?!

Julie: Just calm down. We'll help you.

She runs into the bathroom and comes out with towels. After a few minutes my tail is dry but no legs!

Julie: It's not working!!

Me: The mascara! It's keeping me from changing.

Mika: I'll get it.

She gets a makeup wipe and wipes off the mascara. I try again to think of my blonde hair and legs when it doesn't happen again I put my hands on my tail and command inwardly 'DRY!'

Steam rises off my tail revealing leg and blonde hair!

Me: Yes!

Mika: Now get going! You're going to be late!

I hug them both and bolt out the door.

Time skip- cove

I swim into the cove and when I come up Jack's not here yet. So I pull myself out of the water and dry off.

Jack: Kim?

Me: Jack? Were are you?

Jack: Right here.

I turn around and he's standing right behind me in a black v-neck, jeans and grey vans.

Me: Hey were'd you come from?

Jack: Over there.

He points to an opening in the rock that I didn't see before.

Me: Oh

Jack: So, what do you wonna do?

Me: Well, there's something I want to tell you.

Jack: Sure. What is it?

Me: First of all. It's. HUGE secret so I need you keep it secret.

Jack: Kim, you can trust me.

I turn towards the water, but before I dive in I walk to Jack and kiss his cheek. He looks at me with a shocked expression and I turn back around and dive into the water.

Jack: Kim!

My dark hair and tail appear and I come up to the surface. Jack's eyes bug out of his head.

Jack: K-Kim w-why is your hair so dark and why does it have green in it?!

I sigh. He doesn't see my tail so I swim up to him and set my arms on the edge of the rock. Letting my tail float behind me. Jack let's his mouth fall open as he stairs at my tail

Me: Jack, please say something!

Jack: Y-you're a m-m-m-mermaid!!!

Me: Yes. I am. I'm the last mermaid.

Jack kneels down in front of me.

Jack: Wait, the last one? What happened?

Me: Well, remember the swimming story I told you?

He nods for me to continue.

Me: It actually happened. My pod and I where all swimming in the Mariana Trench when a large squid attacks us. The men fought while women and children tried to swim away. But the squid smacked a wall, causing a huge rock slide. I was the only one to survive.

Jack: Wow.... I don't know what to say

Me: You're not gonna tell any one, are you?

Jack: No, I promise I won't. Does anyone else know?

Me: Julie and Mika know. But that's only because Mika put water based mascara on me.

Jack: Ah. Kim?

Me: Yes?

Jack: Can I touch your tail?

Me: Sure, on one condition.

Jack: Yes?

Me: You go swimming with me.

Jack: Deal

We shake hands and I turn to the side and float on my back so Jack can touch my tail. He looks in awe as he touches my tail and plays with the fins.

Me: Hey Jack, can you pull me out?

Jack: Yeah sure.

He pulls me out and I dry off regaining my legs and blonde hair.

Jack (When he meets Kim)

Walking through the land entrance to the cove I see Kim in a white high low dress with teal designs. Wow, she looks really pretty.

Me: Kim?

Kim: Jack? Were are you?

Me: Right here.

She turns around and smiles at me.

Kim: Hey, were'd you come from?

Me: Over there

I point to the opening in the rock

Kim: Oh.

Me: So, what do you wonna do?

Kim: Well there's something I want to tell you.

Me: Sure. What is it?

Kim: First of all it's a HUGE secret so I need you to keep it that way.

Me: Kim, you can trust me.

She turns towards the water then walks up to me and kisses my cheek. I look at her with a shocked expression and she turns around and dives in the water. Oh my gosh! She kissed me, well my cheek but same difference! She also just dove into the water fully clothed!

Me: Kim!

When she comes up her hair is a dark brown with dark green streaks in it. What just happened?!

Me: K-Kim w-why is your hair so dark and why does it have green in it?!

She sighs and swims up to me and sets her arms in the edge of the rock.letting a tail float behind her?! I let my mouth fall open as I stare at her tail.

Kim: Jack, please say something!

Me: Y-you're a m-m-m-mermaid?!

Kim: Yes. I am. I am the last mermaid.

I kneel down in front of her.

Me: Wait the last one? What happened?

Kim: Well remember the swimming story I told you?

I nod for her to continue.

Kim: It actually happened. My pod and I where all swimming in the Mariana Trench when a large squid attacks us. The men fought while women and children tried to swim away. But the squid smacked a wall, causing a huge rock slide. I was the only one to survive.

Me: Wow... I don't know what to say.

Kim: You're not gonna tell anyone, are you?

Me: No, I promise I won't. Does anyone else know?

Kim: Julie and Mika know. But that's only because Mika put water based mascara on me.

Me: Ah... Kim?

Kim: Yes?

Me: Can I touch your tail?

Kim: Sure, on one condition.

Me: Yes?

Kim: You go swimming with me.

Me: Deal.

We shake hands and she turns to the side and floats on her back so I can touch her tail. I look in awe as I touch her tail and play with the fins. This is so cool! I also can't believe she wants to swim with me. It'll be so cool to swim with a mermaid!

Kim: Hey Jack, can you pull me out?

Me: Yeah sure.

I pull her out and she drys off, steam rises from her tail revealing her legs and blonde hair.

I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I'm afraid she'll think I'm asking her because she's a mermaid.

Kim

I really want him to ask me to be his girlfriend, I just hope it's nit because I'm a mermaid.

Jack

Me: Kim?

Kim: Yes Jack?

Me: Will you be my girlfriend?

Kim

Jack: Will you be my girlfriend?

Me: Just to be clear, you're not asking me to be your girlfriend because I'm a mermaid, right?

Jack: Kim, I like you for you. Not because you're a mermaid.

Me: Well, in that case...

Author's Note: Ooooooh! Cliff hanger!!

Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 558 56
This story is about a girl who unexpectedly turns into a mermaid while losing everyone she loves, it's hard enough to keep her secret. So many peopl...
313K 6.8K 12
When the rage within threatens to destroy everything... As if firestarter wasn't bad enough, adding assassin to her resume isn't exactly the teenage...
7.9K 786 36
Hecate's life was turned around when Nyx and Devin took her in. Going from basically feral to completely functional was a task in itself, but she cou...
490 62 14
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...