The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

1- Oversized Giants

16.5K 356 123
By megumiiseyelashes

(Not a fan of cursing? Suck it up, cuz this female protagonist curses like a damn sailor, well... when she wants to at least)
(Edit: this book was written a LONG time ago, my writing has changed but I'm too emotionally attached to ever get rid of this from my profile. So, proceed with caution and please enjoy:)

"-so in other words, my parents were fed up of my 'rebellious antics' as they like to call it, and decided to send me away to a boarding school isolated from any major cities or cute boys. Say... you still don't talk much do you?" I shrug nonchalantly fiddling with my sleeves.

"Em, leave the poor girl alone. Via's probably homesick like most of the freshman transferring here." Iona said. "But you have been quiet which is very unusual, you sure you're not mute?"

"Via? Homesick? Yeah right." Alex snorts.

"No, I'm still capable of forming words it's just that I frankly don't want to communicate with other people because I have nothing to say in particular. But carry on speaking 'cause I'm totally not zoning out on your rants and pondering about how things would've been if I had hidden under my covers and pretended that my existence is not important." I spoke smoothly turning my head to watch the overly preppy Day-Class students chat excitedly about how they can't contain their hormones for the matter of a few seconds.

"Ooh, and the silent smartass is back. Me likey." Rose grins rubbing her hands together.

"These fresh-meat are absolute nutcases. Can't they shut up or die or something?" Alex groans rubbing her temples.

"You were once a freshman weren't you?" Emma points out.

Alex glares at her. "Your words stand correct, however I was not obnoxiously annoying and petrified of what others thought about me or which boys were total hunks."

Emma sighs in defeat. "Sometimes... I wonder if you're even a girl, do you even find boys attractive?" She gasps. "Are you a lesbian? I always wanted a lesbie bestie." If looks could kill, Emma would probably be praying to good Lord Jesus about all the nasty sins she committed.

"I'm not a lesbian!" She snaps a bit too loudly catching the attention of a few local students who gave her weird looks. "And no. I don't find boys attractive I find proper men who know who to treat woman right attractive. But that's not the point, I think it's time to show Via to her room before Iona and Rose continue to discuss their next, over-extreme pranks that could possibly get them expelled." I snapped out of my observation grabbing my luggage firmly.

Emma, Iona, Rose, Alex and I were friends since we were in kindergarten. Eventually we all had to part ways in life so we weren't able to see each other but only keep in contact with face time, text messages and calls. Soon enough, Aunt Clarissa became financially in debt which meant she could no longer keep me in her care without becoming completely bankrupt so the only decision that she had was to send me to Cross Academy where her close friend works so she didn't have to pay a single penny. Coincidentally, Emma, Iona, and Rose were Juniors like myself whilst Alex is a year older at the Academy (and didn't bother to tell me) so they practically begged the Headmaster to allow me to room with them.

Since the summer break was nearly finishing, Aunt Clarissa thought it would be nice to transfer me at the same time as other freshman students conveying to this school which was nice of her considering she didn't favour me that much. However, my fingers were itching to not rip her head off when she also decided to send her beloved daughter here as well.

Actually, let me rephrase that. She thought she came up with the best idea to send her conniving bitch of a daughter with her niece who can't even stand to even breathe the same air as her because that's how much I despise her quiddity. Luckily enough, the girls also have a bubbling hatred for my dearest cousin so at least I won't be standing like a loser in the 'I-hate-Charlotte-club'.

"You know Via, I'm still hating the fact that you hide your beautiful hair from any human-eyes. It's good to man-up for once in your life and get the attention you deserve instead of that Charlie-girl stealing your spotlight over and over again." Emma lessens her pace to walk in sync besides me.

"Well thing is that I don't mind being out of the picture, honestly it's kind of a shame that my appearance screams 'attention' and my self-conscience just wants to pound my fist into someone's face if they dared to stare at me for more than five seconds." I stuff my left hand into the pocket of my hoodie, making sure my hood covered my hair from sight.

"I agree with Emma, you're beautiful just the way you are and you don't need to care what others think or say about you." Rose smiles placing a hand on my shoulder.

I bit my lip. "But I don't care what they think, I just find it annoying when people constantly stare at you."

"I don't mind if people stare at me, in fact I find it good that someone likes my appearance. It does wonders do my self-esteem." Emma flips her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"People are different." Iona spoke calmly. "Like for you example, you dress stylishly, your clothes are up to the latest trends and you spend your time gossiping about who fancies who, that's your characters. Or Alex, she tends to give the cold shoulder to people she doesn't know but once you do get to know her she's a really nice person to talk to. Via may seem introverted and that she doesn't care about what others think of her, but deep inside she does feel bothered by the fact that people stare at her because she finds it uncomfortable therefor she covers her hair to hide from attention." I blink in surprise avoiding eye contact. Despite our time being far away from each other, the girls still know me the best out of anyone else who were around me.

"I missed your long courageous speeches that give me some sort of inspiration to complete my homework so I don't have to miss the bus because I have a detention." Iona blushed before chuckling.

"And I-" Rose came in between Iona and I swinging her arms over our shoulders. "-miss your delicious strawberry cakes so the faster we get to our dorm the quicker I could fill my empty stomach with those strawberry goodness." I roll my eyes with a small smile entering our dorm.

Two bunkbed's were in each of the corners while a small, single bed sat in between which I assume is mine, the room was quite spacious which is good for a dorm of five people. And a huge window sat behind my bed making me thankful that I could have a breather if I wake up due to my night terrors, I sigh running my fingers through my hair as I fell onto my bed closing my eyes. Heaven, my bed was my sanctuary but also the place where I sometimes feel unsafe in my dreams.

I suddenly scream when I heard a loud horn being blown into my ears as I fall off my bed with a loud thud, I breathe in deeply glaring at Rose who was smiling as if my glare didn't effect her at all.

"No sleeping yet, you still have the get your schedule from the headmaster's office." I groan pushing myself up from the ground noticing my hood fell off my head.

"Is it me or has your hair become more gorgeous the last time I saw it." Emma gasps touching a strand.

"I thought you said you were going to cut it." Alex grunted emptying the spare closet that was now going to be my storage space.

I did say I was going to cut it, but every single time I trimmed a strand it would just grow back so there goes that idea. No matter if I go bold or cut it off entirely it would just grow back which kind of frightens me, so I just decided to wear a hoodie for the rest of my life and actually pretend that I am normal and not weird at all.

I shrug tying my hair into a bun before pulling my hood over my head. "A change of heart I guess. Just because I don't like something about myself doesn't mean I need to exactly change it." Rose raised her eyebrow grinning.

"Look at you, all grown up and mature. You really have changed over the years, you seem different. A good different. Now go, you need to get your uniform and your schedule so that when you come back you can make me that strawberry cake you promised." She ushers me out of the door slamming it on my face.

I blink before my face forms into a scowl. "Thanks a lot guys, for- you know? Showing me to the office." I say sarcastically tugging my sleeves over my hands.

"You're welcome!" I could hear the smile in Rose's voice.

I look left and right at the deserted corridor, for a school with a whole load of new students, this place surely was isolated and eery. I sigh before deciding to wonder towards the right hoping that my sense of direction wouldn't fail me now, I'm pretty good at navigations. If you exclude those hundreds of times where I lost of course...

I could feel my teeth clatter together and my nose drenched with red, one thing I certainly knew was that I definitely enjoyed the cold weather. The sunlight was an enemy to my fair and easily, agitated skin, and all the heat did was make my clothes stick to my skin.

I stuff my hands into my pocket keeping my head down low as I silently walk down the hallways enjoying the comfort of my uneven breaths designating the air with the raggedness. I eye the blonde sweetheart who was chatting away with his tall friend that looked like he'd rather get laid then listen to the other guy blabber probably about some cute girl.

My fuckboy detector is sending bolts of electricity up my arm. Yup, I'm definitely going to be ignoring him. His uniform contrasted with the Day class uniform so I'm just going to consider that they're the 'God-like' (as Emma liked to describe it) night class students who were roaming around Day-Class territory (Wow, I'm making it sound like I'm some crazed, psychotic serial killer who murdered my ex's family because he barged into my house claiming he wanted to get back with me) assumably without permission.

I glance icily at blue eyes mustering the deadliest glare I could possibly give him before I purposefully nudged his shoulder as I walked past, making me jolt in shock from the ominous aura it sent me. Goosebumps arose on my skin as I clenched my fingers together turning towards the left where I finally found the Headmaster's office after what seemed like an eternity of scavenging. (I lied, I'm absolute shit at navigation.)

Not bothering to knock on the door since when did I ever have manners? I barged through sighing in relief that the Headmaster was alone, otherwise I didn't think I would handle being in a room full of people that I neither wanted to communicate with or look at. But when I let my gaze fall upon the blond Principal, my insides immediately churned, the bile arising in my throat. This guy looked like the outcome of a unicorn and spongebob's offspring, blonde and too happy.

"Yes! I've been expecting you, you are Elvia Laurel I presume? Eh, who cares. Welcome to Cross Academy, it's rare to have Junior's transfer this late but you have your reasons so I shall do no snooping but I do need you to sign this application to officially register you to this school. Is that alright?" I nod grabbing the clipboard and quickly signed it before handing it back.

"Perfect!" He chirps making my scowl tighten, just stop smiling. "Here's your schedule and my daughter Yuki is on her way with your uniform so you'd just have to wait here for a few minutes if you don't mind." Oh, I do mind. I shrug sitting down on the wooden, green leathered chair drumming my fingers against the armrest.

The Headmaster was a built guy, that I can say for sure. Literally you can see the outline of muscles bustling through his loose clothes, now that's saying something. His thin glass rested on the bridge of his nose while his medium length blonde hair was tied in a low, beat pony tail behind him. He kind of gives me an impression that he was some sort of retired sumo wrestler who went on a life changing diet and found the sudden need to create a school to pass on his sumo lineage to his students. But I highly doubt it so I'll let that thought rest... for now.

The door opened and in walked a petite brunette with blood, brown eyes wearing a black version of the Night Class guys' uniform with a band around her arm. I became alarmed when a silver head trailed behind her scoffing when he eyed me sitting on the couch, I glared back at him making him blink in surprise. Tch, I guess he's those arrogant dickheads who always has his head shoved far right up his ass, you could say that I'm kind of the same but this guys looks like he's too cocky to have any friends to talk to.

I cross my arms holding my glare, smirking in satisfaction when he let out a 'tch' and looked away.

"Yuki! My dear daughter, come give daddy a hug." Her eyebrows twitch when she dodged him by a centimetre as he sulks on the spot. "Why must you always hurt my feelings?" He pouts anime tears releasing from his eyes like a waterfall.

"Anyways." He cleared his throat seriously, wow someone needs to give this guy a trophy for the world's most fastest personality changer in history. He went from sad to serious in a blink of the eye, now that is what you call pure talent. "I assume you have Elvia's uniform." She nods handing me the uniform which I snatched quite rudely (might I add), I didn't want to give her the impression that I'm friendly or that I want to be friends with her. The only people I trust with my life are the girls, and that's never going to change.

She frowns before quickly covering it up with a bright smile. "Hi, I'm Yuki Cross." I stayed silent, does she want me to introduce myself when she probably already knows my name?

"You don't talk much do you?" She just doesn't give up does she?

"I talk to people that I like, continue to curse my ears with your banshee-like voice that I might as well kill myself to end the torture." Her eyes widen in hurt. Good, it's not like I care what she feels.

The Headmaster looks between us giggling nervously. "Now, now. There's no need-"

"So why don't you?" The head-ass snapped, I guess he's the over-protective boyfriend. Gross.

"Because I don't want to satisfy you with my misery, though I'll gladly end your life for you if you'd like? I'll even pull out the log shoved tightly up your asshole since it seems all your shit has been coming out the wrong way." He scoffs making me rolls my eyes.

I turn to the Headmaster nabbing my schedule before heading out, instantly crashing into a wall-like chest that could've possible made me knock a few teeth down my throat.

"What the fuck-" I curse bending down to pick my fallen schedule before a hand reached there before me.

"Allow me, it was my fault that you dropped your belongings." I slowly stood up blinking at the tall, Calvin Klein model gracing my eyes. His voice- as cheesy as it sounds- was like music to my ears. His skin looked flawless as if puberty was not a bitch to him which is impossible because puberty is a one nasty mother fucker to everyone.

Did I really just say that?

As if hearing my thoughts his lips tilted upwards, I'd be damned if he actually knew what I was thinking about. Luckily, telepathy doesn't exist nor do super humans with abnormal power, otherwise I would've found out about it already and injected myself with some serum that gave me enhanced abilities to destroy the ones who annoy me.

"You're a new student, I assume." He spoke handing me my schedule back.

I hugged my uniform and schedule to my chest giving him a sarcastic look. "No, I've attended this school for hundreds of years, today happens to be my five-hundred and thirty first anniversary. Congratulations to me." I give myself a pat on the back. "Now move out my way, you're kind of blocking my path and I got a strawberry cake to bake." He looks at me as if I just insulted his manhood. Oh look, another arrogant asshole who can't take a good insult to the gut.

"I'd move out your way once I know your name." The stubborn types, my favourite.

It's a good thing that I'm a stubborn bitch too. "Then it looks like I need to take the other way then." I spun on my heels facing the other way before bumping into another hard wall, Jesus does this school have walking walls or is it just a fetish of mine to run into walls?

"What are you, Usain bolt?" I look up to glare at him, damn him and his stupid height.

"You can say that." His eyes twinkle in amusement, I'm glad he's finding my discomfort amusing. I'll certainly have a splendid time when I castrate his baby maker, we'll see if he finds anything amusing then. "And a simple name is all I ask from you otherwise we'll be at it like a cat and mouse the whole day, and I can be a very feisty cat when I need to." He smiles sweetly as if he never threatened me.

The nerve of this guy imma-

"Elvia. Happy? Now move out my way you over-sized giant." I snap stomping past him, using my excellent manoeuvring skills to make my way back to the Sun dorm the last thing hearing from him was,

"Well, that's a new one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 19
The Tsukumo family was a powerful and kind pureblood family. The two parents had a daughter, who inherited a great amount of power, that was sealed i...
153K 4.3K 52
Resha Valentine, born as the strongest of them all, born to fall in love with Kaname Kuran since they're inseparable since they were young, people sa...
222K 6.5K 52
Your whole life has been a lie. Your past is a mystery. When you become closer to Kaname Kuran, a Pureblood vampire, you start to discover more abo...
10.5K 590 22
How can a creature have all the known characteristics of a species but still be another species? That is the number 1 question regarding (Y/n) (L/n)...