Unfazed

By laboursandleisures

Hey there! Welcome to Unfazed - the story of people who deal with life every day and still look at adversity... More

Intro *cue broadway music*
1. First Day of Vacay (Deeksha)
3. Even After All These Years (Deeksha)
4. Even After All These Years (Stranger)
5. The Ringing of An Old Bell (Harsh)
6. If You Can't Remember Someone, Clap Your Hands - Clap! Clap! (Deeksha)
7. Mommy Knows Best (Rohini)
8. Revelations and Reveries (Deeksha)
9. Ties And Lies Shall Not Suffice (Deven)
10. Unforeseen Complications (Deven)
Author's Note
11. We Are Not One Big, Happy Family... Are We? (Deven)
12. Annual Drama (Deven)
13. Two Lefts Don't Make a Right (Harsh)
14. Some Things Better Not Change (Rohini)
15. The Price You Pay For Ambition (Deeksha)
CAST!!!!
16. I Want To Ram Your Head Into A Wall.. But They Love You (Deeksha)
17. When Life Gives You Lemon After Lemon (Deven)
18. Best Friend? Or Worst Enemy? (Deeksha)
19. The Spineless Truth Or The Strength Of A Lie (Deven)
20. The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same (Nair)
Author's Note
21. Little Things... Aren't So Little (Deven)
22. Of Plans And Actions (Deeksha)
23. Sometimes, Confessions (Deeksha)
24. You Know The Universe Hates You When It Doesn't Let You Sleep (Deeksha)
25. Versions Of Me, You'll Never Know About (Harsh)
26. I'll Speak If You Do (Deeksha)
27. This Means War (Harsh)
28. If Anyone, I Will Be Achilles (Deeksha)
29. Wins And Losses (Sneha)
30. Double The Trouble (Deeksha)
31. So.. Who's Following Whom Now? (Deven)
32. Holding On And Letting Go (Harsh)
33. Wait.. WHAT? (Deven)
34. The Devil Wears Converse (Harsh)
THANK YOU!!!
35. Undeciphered Allegiance (Harsh)
36. Talk About Awkward? (Deeksha)
37. Like You Wouldn't Let Go (Deven)
38. Time's A'Bidding (Harsh)
39. Out, Comes The Story (Harsh)
40. Lost and Found (Deeksha)
41. A Hitched Breath and Faltered Steps (Deven)
42. Unaffected (Deeksha)
43. Nowhere To Hide (Deven)
44. Exasperation (Deeksha)
45. Ask And You Shall Receive (Deven)
46. Wheels Of Time (Rohini)
47. You Too, Brutus? (Deeksha)
48. Burning Rome (Deven)
49. Negotiations (Harsh)
50. Out Comes The Story (Deeksha) - Part 1
51. Out Comes The Story (Deeksha) - Part 2
52. Out Comes The Story (Deven) - Part 3
53. Please Tell Me This Is A Nightmare? (Harsh)
54. New Age, Old Ways (Rohini)
AUTHOR'S NOOOOTTTEEE
55. A Meeting Due For Weeks (Tanay)
56. Melting Ice (Deeksha)
57. Exceptions (Deven)
58. Trouble In Who's Paradise? (Deeksha)
59. Uncertain (Harsh)
60. Reel Or Real? (Alana)
Et Tu, Pere? (EXTRA CHAPTER)
61. Push Comes To Shove - Part 1 (Deeksha)
62. Push Comes To Shove - Part 2 (Deven)
63. Clear? Crystal (Harsh)
64. Testimony (Alana)
65. Back on Track (Deeksha)
66. There's A First Time For Everything (Deven)
67. Cookie Dough (Deeksha)
68. Yikes!! (Harsh)
69. Girlboss (Deeksha)
70. Of Blind Men and Deals (Alana)
71. Solidarity (Harsh)
72. Confessions And Approvals (Deeksha)
73. Dev And Deeksha, Sitting On A Tree (Deven)
74. Sisterhood (Alana)
Random Art and Pics because I feel like it.
75. Clearing The Air (Deven)
76. Consorting With The Enemy (Deeksha)
77. Burning Rome (Harsh)
78. Green Is.. Sometimes, Good (Deven)
79. Rubik's Cube (Harsh)
80. Oblivious Much? (Deeksha)
81. 100 KMPH (DEVEN)
82. Dee and Dev (Harsh)
83. Detour
84. Haunting Memories (Harsh)
85. Panic - Not At The Disco (Deven)
86. Unreachable (Deven)
87. You Spin My Head Right Round, Right Round (Deeksha)
88. Brotherly Instincts (Harsh)
89. Repentance (Viren)
Epilogue (Harsh)
Questions & Answers (Smriti)
100. Cutesy Pics - You're Welcome ^_^

2. A Fairly Good Start-Up Fair (Deeksha)

391 25 9
By laboursandleisures

It took me a minute to realize that the guard had been talking to the lady behind me, who had a pass for a similar fair but on a different date. Calming my slightly anxious self, I had been walking around for about ten minutes in the convention centre, when someone in a "Start Up Fair" t-shirt came up to me, asking me to sign up for a lucky draw called 'Bonanza Lucky Draw'. Though not really interested, "What's the worst that could happen?" I asked myself as I filled in my details. "This draw happens every hour, Ma'am", the volunteer said, "The first one is at ten-thirty today." Thanking him, I continued walking towards another row of stalls.

Inconspicuously checking my watch, I saw that I had a good fifteen minutes before the "draw". Not that I expected anything; I was simply looking to kill time before Harsh came back. Going through a stall with cartoon posters, I was quite impressed. This start-up made customized comics based on a variety of choices for their clients. Sure, not the most money-making forte... But the folks seemed happy doing it, so I was happy for them too.

Soon, the din for the lucky draw began and there was a crowd gathering. Not the biggest fan of suffocation, I lingered towards the back - close enough to hear the results and see everything, but not in the crowd. Out of nowhere, I missed having my best friend from college with me but I was quick to dismiss that thought. While the audience waited, out of the incessant curiosity of my nearly twenty-two-year-old brain, I peeked at my ticket. Number eighty nine, it said.

"And the winner of the first lucky draw of the day, wins a voucher for Rs 500 from our beverage partner," the announcer was saying. "Well, so much for the voucher," I thought. But the mention of the beverage partner made me remember that I didn't grab any breakfast today and I cringed, on hearing the animalistic grumble of my stomach. On stage, as the organizer ceremoniously pulled out a chit from the bowl kept on the stage, a passer-by bumped into my left shoulder, causing me to stumble. In the process of regaining my footing and the courteous apology of that random person, I had missed the declaration of the winner and could only hear the cheering of the audience.

I was about to walk away, when I realized that the cheering and noise had died down. Looking at the stage, I saw that the announcer looked awkward - embarrassed even. Unsure of what was happening, I decided to stay put and watch the rest of the spectacle, when the announcer spoke again, "We invite the recipient of the prize - Token number Eighty-Nine - to come and claim the prize." That, took a minute to register and when it did, I didn't realize I had said out loud "Oh - That's me!"

And that, is how I landed up with a hot-chocolate in my right hand, scrolling through my phone in the other. That I had a muffin in my handbag intended to be split with Harsh later, is out of the question. But I did - which is why I could swear the whole row of shops could smell it. Pretending not to care, I was about to enter a shop, when Ma's call stopped me in my tracks.

"Hello Mrs Rohini Bhalla!" I said cheerfully, "To what do I owe the pleasure?" When Ma asked me, "Dee - what time are you and Harsh likely to be home today?", I had to explain the whole 'Harsh hasn't told me how long this will really be' situation, Ma laughed and said, "Okay Dots - I'm making Ramu make lunch for you people anyway." Cringing at the nickname I had long hoped the world would forget, and by the world, I mean my family, I faked a laugh and said "Okay Ma. I'll see you later. Bye!", emphasizing on the last word.

I had just turned around saying "Bye" when unknowingly, I bumped into something and thought 'Where did this wall come from?' Quickly thought, I straightened myself and realized that it was a someone and I, had sent half the contents of my nearly cold hot-chocolate onto a crisp white shirt. "Oh my goodness! I'm so so sorry", I said instinctively reaching into my bad to grab a wet-tissue that I save for emergencies like these. I continued rambling until I got hold of it, saying "I wasn't looking. I should have been more careful.. Here, we get you cleaned up."

It was only when I held the tissue out to him that I noticed the man standing in front of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
663K 38.3K 52
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...
43.7K 2.8K 36
"Does it ever drive you crazy Just how fast the night changes?.." "Yes...I agree i loved you crazily...maybe i still do...far more than crazily actua...
74.6K 3.4K 63
"I was invisible to him then and I will be forever" ~Nina Suresh "She's mine yet....she's not." ~Arjun Kapoor *~* โ™กNina Sureshโ™ก Fun, loving, selfle...