Because Love Is Not Enough

By missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... More

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Chapter 9 Family
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 12. Reminscing the past
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 14. Be my queen
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned
Chapter 19 Creeps

Chapter 10 College Day

38 16 11
By missb00kw0rm

Avantika's POV

"What the fuck!"

Gaurav was standing at the entrance of the class. His hair dishevelled in an I-just-combed-it-through-my-fingers way. He was breathing hard which showed that he ran up to the class.

"Sorry for being late." He sent a flirtatious grin to Mrs Gupta which she totally ignored. She just rolled her eyes and told him to take a seat.

He made his way into the class and took the seat next to me. All this while, he didn't even glance at me. He maintained a poker face and opened his textbook.

Did he just ignore me? How dare he? He studies here in my college and he didn't even tell me. And now acting like a total stranger. Fuming, I turned my head and concentrated on what Mrs Gupta was talking about.

"So guys, as I asked you earlier. Does anyone of you want to give a brief summary of Romeo and Juliet."

She gave me warm smile expecting an answer from me but Gaurav raised his hand and stood up to give the answer.

The teacher looked at him puzzled.

"I haven't seen you in this class earlier. Are you a transfer?" Mrs Gupta asked him.

"No mam, this is my first class. Every class was full so I thought of attending this class. I heard people talking about how good our English professor is. So I thought I should check you out. Ehh....I mean check this class out."

The whole mass burst out into laughter. The boys were laughing like cavemen and girls were giggling, twirling their hair and eyeing him like a piece of meat. Gross. He just stood there grinning and rubbing the back of his neck.

First day in the class and he is already everyone's favourite.

He sat back in this chair and the professor busied herself in explaining the beauty of literature.

"In William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a long feud between the Montague and Capulet disrupts the city of Verona and causes tragic results for Romeo and Juliet. Revenge, love, and a secret marriage forces the young star-crossed lovers to grow up quickly and fate cause them to commit suicide in despair. Contrast and conflict are running themes throughout the Shakespeare's play - Romeo and Juliet."

The period was soon over and Mrs Gupta left the class quickly.

The whole time Gaurav didn't even glance at me once. He was busy scribbling something in his notebook.
After the class was over, I collected my books and started to walk away. But a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Avy bear, you left something."

I turn my head only to find Gaurav standing right behind me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. His handsome face showed a little scruff which kinda looked good on him. His left cheek showcasing a dimple which made his smile more infectious than earlier. But I held back myself from smiling this time.

He was holding my scarf. I snatched away my scarf from him, our fingers brushing in the process. He looked at our fingers and then at me. I cleared my throat to decrease the tension.

"Sorry, do I know you Mr?"

He grinned stupidly at my response and stepped forward.

"I am sorry Avy bear if I hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention."

"Oh really, then what was your intention gummy bear?"

"I was just messing with you Avy...... I just wanted to surprise you. That's all."

"Avy bear...."

"What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No...."

"Then why are you staring at the wall like a total creep."

I snap my head toward him and gave him a flat look. He just smiled sheepishly at me.

Actually,, I was quite enjoying this. Our little banter. I was biting my lip so hard to control my smile that it will surely draw some blood.

"Okay...... You are not going to talk to me huh..... Then you have left me with only one option......."

He snatched the scarf from my grasp and sneezed all the gooey mucus present in his nose to my pretty scarf.
Aaahhhh........ I am going to kill him.

"You-are-so-dead!!!!"

With that, he started running away like a madman and I chasing after him like a mad woman. We ran in the college hallways like lunatic. Students were gaping at us like we were a couple of pigs flying in the sky and pooping rainbow.

He was pretty fast and after ten minutes of chasing, he was out of my sight. I stood there panting like a dog. Sweat escaping my skin through the pores. My hair must be all over my face, I thought. I straightened my thick hair with my sweaty hands. Suddenly someone tapped on my left shoulder and I turned to see Gaurav showing his perfect set of teeth.

"Want this scarf, Avy bear? "

I left him there and stepped into the cafeteria to grab something to eat. Running like a neanderthal caused my stomach to grumble. I bought a chicken burger, some fries on the side and a small coke.

I took a seat near the window and Gaurav took the seat in front of me.

"Am I forgiven now Avy bear?"

"Is this a trend of apologising? By making people run after you huh?"

He pressed his lips into a thin line and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked so crestfallen. He looked down like a child who was caught stealing candies. I couldn't hold back my laughter and broke into hysterics.

"Hahahahahahhahaha !!!! Oh my god, look at your face Gaurav. You are so cute hahaha...."

I clutched my stomach to get relief from the slight pain caused due to constant laughing. I wiped away tears from my eyes and looked at Gaurav.

He was smiling at me warmly and picked a fry from my plate. His eyes mirrored an emotion which I couldn't decipher. His eyes felt like two flames that made my wax-like skin too melt.

I couldn't stand the tension and asked him, "What is it? Is there something on my face?"

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and his eyes seemed to trace that movement.

"You are so beautiful Avy bear. You should laugh more often, it looks good on you."

I couldn't meet his eyes and looked at my small hands. But I could feel his eyes boring into my face. I just hummed in response and took a sip of coke to wet my throat.

After hanging out for a while in the cafeteria, he left to attend his music class.

I walked towards my economics class. I entered the class which looked already filled with students.

A group of students wearing nerd glasses were scribbling in their notebooks and discussing some project. Another group consists of girls in tight skirts and jocks with bulky bodies. So high school.....

I averted my gaze from them and saw my best friends waving at me. I waved back and made my way toward them.

Diya, Ahana and I know each other since grade 5. Ahana wasn't too friendly in the starting but she soon came around. We are best friend since that day. She has a strong personality. If she doesn't like something or someone, she makes sure that the person will soon know of her dislike. Her curly unruly hair frames her oval face. Her eyes show her aggressive nature.

Whereas, Diya is quite opposite of her. She is quiet and gentle. She has a beautiful fair face with wavy hair which does wonders to her look. She and I immediately hit it off in our art class.

We took our seats and they started telling me about a celebrity who is going to marry this year.

Ahana interrupted Diya and asked me,"Avantika enough of our nonsense talk. We need answers. If you are not living with your parents then where are you staying at? You don't have any other friends besides us."

I sighed and said,"Ranveer and I had an argument which made things pretty rough between us. I had a fight with my papa. He told me to leave his place if I don't break my relationship with Ranveer, I can't stay at his place. So I left them thinking that Ranveer will comfort me. But when I reached his place, he wasn't there. A girl picked up his phone when I called him. When he came back, we had a huge fight. I left his place after that. In the morning, I met this guy, Gaurav. He offered me to live in his apartment on rent. I didn't know where else to go. Don't worry he is a great guy. He studies at our college. He even gave me his spare phone. I will start working to afford my expenses. So, now you have all your answers right."

They were looking at me with their lips parted.

"Okay..... It's a lot to take in. So what was his name again...."

"Gaurav, uhh Gaurav Malhotra."

They looked at each other and then at me and then screamed in unison -

"Gaurav Malhotra !!!!!!"

**********************************

Hiii readers...... Did you like this chapter? If yes then bombard my comment box with your comments.;) Point out the mistakes grammar nazis and I will correct them right away.

And the question of the day........

What is your favourite song?
Mine is Tera hone lgaHuu - Atif Aslam in Hindi
Love me like you do - Ellie Goulding in English

And don't forget the three magical words.........

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 2.9K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...
152K 3.9K 30
PREVIOUSLY TITLED: The Badass Nerd {BOOK 1 in the Opposites Attract trilogy} As a teenager, growing up without your father is very difficult and hear...
29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...
293 2 12
"Don't Worry Butterfly, You can't escape from me now. I am going to love you in all the possible ways. I want to breathe you, get your name drilled i...