LOVE COMES SOFTLY.

By beautifulandmystery

BOOK THREE OF THE LOVE TRILOGY. A tragic past leaves him bitter to happy endings.... Jovon Phim III doesn't... More

COPYRIGHT.
DEDICATION.
Synopsis.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
E-Mails.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
E-mail II.
X.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
THE DAILY NEWS.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
COCO-ICE MAGAZINE.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVIII.
XLVII.
XLIX.
L.
LI.
LII.
LIII.
LIV.
LV.
LVI.
LVII.
LVIII.
LIX.
LX
EPILOUGE.
CHARACTERS ASK.
DEAR READERS.

XI.

754 48 3
By beautifulandmystery

Pocketing his blackberry, Kaden rolled up the sleeve of the shirt he was wearing as he made his way down the corridor leading to William's office,cracking his knuckles as he went.

He had just pulled into the parking lot when he got a call from Cassie. She sobbed the entire time she narrated what happened to Ella,and how the doctors were still working on her,and the baby. It took everything in him not to punch the steering wheel,because he reserved that for someone who deserved it and was going to get it.

"Mr. Mckade," Sheila Dirk, William's secretary shot to her feet immediately she saw him. "Mr. Mckade said he doesn't want to be disturbed."

Kaden ignored her by breezing past her desk without any acknowledgement. He heard the slap of her shoes against the tiles as she hurried to keep up with him.

"Mr. Mckade please. I don't want to loose my-"

Eyes flashing,Kaden whirled around to face her. "You will loose your job if you don't stop following me."

Sheila's steps became slow and unsure,but she didn't utter another word.

"Good." He pivoted on his heels,and stalked down the hall until he got to the door leading to William's office. Grabbing the steel knob, he turned it and pushed the door open. The sight that greeted him turned his bones into ice.

A busty dark haired hussy was sitting astride on his brother, bouncing up and down,with her eyes closed and head thrown back in obvious pleasure. William was also holding her waist to control the movement of her waist to his pleasure. The smell of vodka was strong in the office,and it almost made Kaden gag.

Marching up to the desk,Kaden grabbed the lady's hair and pulled her off William.

"Hey!" She screamed in protest. "What the-"

"Get out."

She started to talk,but one glance at her had her scampering out of the office with the rest of her things. William shot to his feet, eyes blazing, as he zipped his pant up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Instead of replying, Kaden drew his fist backwards,and let it fly. William was totally unprepared for it. His head snapped back at the force of the blow to his right jaw. Before he could recover,he was cuffed in the right eye.

"You fucking bastard!" Kaden threw another punch at him,and this time he was prepared.

William dodged it,then let his own fist fly too. He hit Kaden on his stomach,and barely had the time to celebrate before he was slammed into the desk. Kaden pinned him down and let his fist fly,hitting everywhere he could reach,while William just lay there and allowed him.

"You fucking prick." Crack! "You fought with your wife all because of a whore?" Hit. "You're a coward." Hit. "I'm so disgusted by you." Hit.

When he saw that William wasn't going to fight back, Kaden pushed himself away from his brother,making sure to put some distance between them,because he wasn't sure if he could restrain himself from hitting the bastard again. In fact, he wished he could beat him until he couldn't move,but Ella needed him now.

William winced as he tried to stand up from the desk. His face and sides were on fire,and he couldn't do anything about it because he very well deserved it. He had been miserable ever since Ella left with the children. He hadn't bothered saying goodbye to them,because it would definitely tear him apart than it already did.

Biting back a groan, he slumped into his office chair,and lifted a shaky hand to his nose. When he brought it back, blood was on his fingers. Kaden must have really done a number on him.

"You have made your point,Kaden. Leave." He said tiredly.

Kaden's eyes flashed. "You're a bastard you know that right? What ever did Ella to do you for you to neglect her and the children? And to think you stooped so low to break your wedding vows." Kaden closed his eyes. "God."

"I already know that." He snapped. "Now leave me alone."

"No. I came here to talk some sense into you. And even though I so much feel like killing you right now. Ella needs you."

Pain forgotten, William sat up straight in his chair,wincing when he felt a sharp stab at his right rib.

"W-what happened to Ella?"

"She's in coma."

~     ***     ~

Cassie was just putting Canishia into her car seat by the hospital bed where Ella lay,when the door was flung open. She turned to see Kaden stroll into the room,hazel eyes tired and angry. She gasped when she saw the bandage around his right fist. Pushing to her feet, they met halfway in the room.

"Oh my God,Kaden. What happened to you?" Her hands moved to cradle his injured one between them. "Are you hurt anywhere else."

"No." He shook his head. "But I can't say about a particular someone."

"W..." She started to ask,but trialed off at the sight of William,all battered and bruised.

And when she said all battered and bruised,His face was the perfect definition of it. His nose was slightly bent to the right side. His right eye was beginning to purple at the edges. He had several cuts on his lips,and a bandage was covering his left cheekbone. His jaw was swollen too. And he seemed to be favouring his left rib,limping a bit as he walked into the room. His left eye had a dark ring circle around it. His shirt was untucked and his hair was messy.

He looked for the worse.

Cassie's heart went out to him,but the anger of him neglecting her friend even after he promised not too, held her firmly to one spot.

"What is he doing here?" She narrowed her eyes at him,even though she was asking Kaden.

"Cass-"

Cassie shook her head. "Don't talk to me ever again. You went back on your promise to take care of her." Tears filled her eyes. "She loved you more than her own self. But it seems that you don't love her,because if you do. You wouldn't have pushed her away just because she's carrying your baby." Cassie barked out a bitter laugh. "Well, was."

William blanched white,his gaze going to the bed where his wife lay,eyes closed and looking pale. The heart monitor beeped steadily,telling him that she was still alive. But the drip... Christ... It was blood. She was receiving blood.

And did Cassie said was?... That meant... She... The baby...Was...

William choked back a strangled sob. His hand flying up to cover his mouth as tears filled his eyes. "Was?" He needed confirmation.

Cassie glared at him. "You got what you wanted,didn't you?"

"No."

"Yes. The baby is dead. And it's all because of you." Cassie's voice cracked at the last word. Her eyes became misty,and Kaden pulled her into his arms as she silently wept into his chest; her shoulder shook heavily with each sound.

"You got what you wanted." Kaden told him. "You killed your own baby with your own hands. I hope you're happy."

No he was not. It felt as if a part of him had died with the baby. And Ella, sweet lord, he had hurt his wife all because of his own selfish reasons. He had neglected his own children because he was blindsided by his own fears.

William sank onto his knees at the foot of the bed,with tears running down his cheeks,and face stinging as salty water touched the bruises and cuts. But the physical pain he was feeling was nothing compared to his emotional one. It felt as if his whole world was coming to an end.

Ella would never forgive him. He knew that she would hate him for taking away her baby. Their baby.

He had tore his family apart with his own hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 167 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
1.6K 131 56
"I cannot tell you anything right now, but promise me, Mama Rica. Promise me you'll take care of him for me, now that I won't be here to." She took t...
2K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
425K 17K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...