Scary Stories

By mangareader90

Scary stories I found on the internet. More

Scary Stories
The Slender Poem
The Little Girl in the Red Cape
The Stare
Stalker
Right Behind You
The Face In The Picture
Lost
Dancers
The Farm's Visitor
Don't Open That Doll
Santa?
Tortured By A Dead Man
Evil Spirits In The Mirror
I Didn't Think She Was Real
The Mirror Is Always Watching
The Cat's Perch
The Horror She Caused Me
The Butcher Shop
Hair To Die For
The House With Secrets
A Glimpse In The Windows
The Forever Friend
The Girl That Always Changes
Devilish House Guest
The Devil Within
Have You Seen My Grandaughter?
Undead Friends
Down Below
Dream A Little Dream Of Him
Wave Goodbye
Scratching From The Doorway
Hello, My Name Is Zoe
Liar, Liar
Isabella's Near Death Experience
Hidden Stairs
Something In The Mist
The Grave Teacher
Now You See Me, Now You Don't
The Girl With No Eyes
Giggles From Outside
That's Not My Dad
A Frightening Childhood
Rachel's Ghost School
The Scent Of Honeysuckle
The Rainbow On The Minute
She's So Cold
Video Provides A Glimpse Of Evil
The Haunted House On Main Street
Evil Watches, Evil Waits
Baby In The Padlocked Room
The Watchover Girl
The Cancer Victim's Upset Ghost
Don't Ever Tell
The Beard Man
Always There
The Story I Can't Tell
Girl's Night Out
The Ouji Spirit
Elizabeth's School Spirits
The Forlorn Messenger
So He Never Left
Not All Jigsaw Puzzles Are For Children
Bloody Mary Gone Bad
Let's Play Catch
A Masked Ghost
The Hottest Night
The Girl At The Window
Birthday Surprise
A Taste Of Ice-Cream
Classroom 608
What Happens After Dark
The Ghost Runner
Bloody Bathtub Girl
Hand-Crawling
Nathan And The Bloody Mary
Haunted Conversations

A Gift Of Mother-In-Law

3K 51 5
By mangareader90

This mystic story I heard from mother of my friend Kate, when we were sitting at her kitchen and complaining to each other of mothers-in-law. Everyone, who has such a classical mother-in-law as we, will understand. So we were sitting over a cup of hot tea and putting nails in coffins of our husbands’ mothers.  

Suddenly Kate’s mother Angelica had got in a word. She said that she had listened to us and also that in comparison with her mother-in-law our own in-laws were just angles and that we have to worship them. Kate started to clamor trying to prove that all the mothers-in-law are devil’s incarnations, which exist with only aim – to suck blood of poor daughters-in-law. 

Angelica shook her head and said her mother-in-law was devil’s incarnation indeed. Then she hesitated a bit, gave up and told us her story. 

“I have married quite early being already pregnant for 3 months. My fiancé was a common guy without big money and coat-tails. What is for me – I was just a tatterdemalion. That is how my mother-in-law called me when she got to know that her daughter-in-law had neither dowry, nor rich parents. Thus, we registered marriage and started living in the flat of my husband’s parents. The flat was quite big – a three-room apartment. We had been able to get the smallest room, all the wardrobes of which were jammed with clothes of mother-in-law. She could enter the room without a knock early in the morning and start digging in her clothes paying no regard to me and my husband. Such a behavior offended me and I couldn’t understand why my mother-in-law gave the cold shoulder to me and what she was insulted with. When I started trying to talk to her she either kept silence or mumbled something unclear what led conversation to none. 

On time I delivered Katherine – she was rather loud and restless child, and my mother-in-law started perpetually losing her temper due to her screams and cry. She was irritated with child’s napkins in bathroom, feeding bottles and go-cart in the anteroom. All-in-all one fine day parents-in-law asked us to rent a separate dwelling and not to distress the olds – though by that moment mother-in-law was about 50 years old and she was quite a wholesome woman. 

Thus, we found a room and left. For several years we had been seeing in-laws rather seldom, but by the third Kate’s birthday the miracles began. Mother-in-law came with splendid bouquet of flowers, a doll for Kate and little velvet box, in which there were amazing earrings – an emerald encircled with diamonds. I was astonished yet more when mother-in-law started telling guests that she loved me so much that decided to present me such a gift for lasting memory. 

Of course, I felt something was amiss: I have never been humored with such expensive gifts – what does mother-in-law want? In the mean time she proceeded to chatter something like “Put them on, let me admire you, blah-blah-blah”. Well, I had to put them on. They were really fine-looking, but I was confused with face of mother-in-law – it expressed some latent triumph, some wicked exultance, which, however, glimpsed and quickly disappeared. That day I taken off the earrings just before going to bed and noticed my ears were red a bit. 

Since that time mother-in-law had become a frequent visitor in our house and constantly insisted me to put on those earrings – or she would take offence. So I had to put them on. Later I noticed that the more I wore earrings the worse I looked. My health started going down: one day my head hurts, another day pressure rapidly drops. Plus, constant feeling of tiredness… And my mother-in-law on the contrary became more cheerful and bouncy. 

Then something had happened – even now every time I remember about it, I get goosebumps. I started to notice some shadow near me: either in a window or in a mirror. With time the shadow became more condensed – it was high and lean and as if tried to merge with me. 

By that moment doctors declared that I have a serious gynaecological disease, they had been talking about operation and couldn’t give me an ironclad guarantee that I would survive. Upon that I constantly cried and felt I was a rickety old woman. Forlornly I’ve decided to go to a wisewoman – if she could help? So I went to her. I can remember as it was yesterday –I hardly came in, she howled: “It smells like carrion, you have brought death with you.” I was horror-stricken and the wisewoman just flourished her arms asking me to leave. 

Then I remembered about Kate – what will happen with her, if I die? So I bowed down to wisewoman’s feet, started crying and asking her to help me, to save from death. She grumbled a bit, but invited me to some room where she started to act. She burned candles, poured wax, fanned me with some whip and at last said that I had some item stripped from a decedent and that due to that item I was loosing my vitality. “The only way to save you is to give that item back to a decedent or to a person who made such a present. Otherwise, the decedent will take you with him”, she said. 

Here I remembered about earrings. Were they that present the wisewoman was talking about? I came in great hurry home, grabbed earrings and rushed to in-laws. When mother-in-law opened a door, I hurled earring to her and cried that all the evil she wished to me would backfire on her. Then I came back home, got Kate and left for my mother. Later my husband asked me to return, but I refused. 

Mother-in-law died in eight month after my escape. There was an inoperable tumor found, and she burned away very quickly. What is for me – all the symptoms were completely gone, and doctors just shrugged their shoulders. So, it turns out that mother-in-law tried to pass her disease to me through the earrings that she took from her own dead mother-in-law. So it goes, girls”, - in such a way Angelica finished her story. 
Source: http://scary-story.com/entry/stories-from-life/2014/06/24/a-gift-of-mother-in-law.html

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 47 32
These are just some horror stories I found. I don't own any of these. Enjoy!
559 0 39
um in this im gonna share my experience with maybe me summoning some or the creepypastas and maybe some scary stories
738K 28.6K 138
These are Creepy Stories. Few errors
36.2K 2.1K 31
People on the internet share some of the most terrifying experiences they've had with "ghosts", or things that are just unexplainably out of the ordi...