Otherwordly Evil Monarch

By XenSanders

Introduction (by podao001): Jun Xie was the number one assassin in modern earth. His skills and knowledge in... More

Chapters 1~5
Chapters 6~10
Chapters 11~15
Chapters 21~25
Chapters 26~30
Chapters 31~35
Chapters 36~40
Chapters 41~45
Chapters 46~50
Chapters 51~60
Chapters 61~70
Chapters 71~80
Chapters 81~90
Chapters 91~100
Chapters 101~110
Chapters 111~120
Chapters 121~130
Chapters 131~140
Chapters 141~150
Chapters 151~160
Chapters 161~170
Chapters 171~180
Chapters 181~190
Chapters 191~200
Chapters 201~210
Chapters 211~220
Chapters 221~230
Chapters 231~240
Chapters 241~250
Chapters 251~260
Chapters 261~270
Chapters 271~280
Chapters 281~290
Chapters 291~300
Chapters 301~310
Chapters 311~320
Chapters 321~330
Chapters 331~340
Chapters 341~350
Chapters 351~360
Chapters 361~370
Chapters 371~380
Chapters 381~390
Chapters 391~400
Chapters 401~410
Chapters 411~420
Chapters 421~430
Chapters 431~440
Chapters 441~450
Chapters 451~460
Chapters 461~470
Chapters 471~480
Chapters 481~490
Chapters 491~500
Chapters 501~510
Chapters 511~520
Chapters 521~530
Chapters 531-540
Chapters 541-549
Chapters 550-564
Chapters 565-586
Chapters 587-605

Chapters 16~20

4.1K 148 19
By XenSanders

Chapter 016 Li Youran

"The Third Young Master is truly straightforward!" Meng Haizou praised while giving a thumbs up. "As expected from the Third Young Master of the Jun Family, your heroism pierces the Heavens! Your aura resembles that of your grandfather's in his heroic days!" Even though this remark sounded respectful, it was lined with sarcasm. However, the original Jun Moxie may not be able to realize it!

Meng Haizou glanced at Tang Yuan as he spoke. "Earlier, we were playing a game of dice with Young Master Tang, but Young Master Tang was no longer able to continue. How about we continue on with the dice game? I wonder if Third Young Master has the guts for it?" Hearing that, Tang Yuan's face blushed red. Giving a few "heng", he stayed silent.

"A game of dice?" Jun Xie thought aloud. "What does this Young Master have to fear in a game of dice?" He sighed in his heart: Here comes another provocation! If the original Jun Moxie heard this, not being led by the nose would truly be a strange occurrence!

"Count me in!" Dugu Xiaoyi happily chimed in, causing a struggling expression to suddenly appear on Meng Haizou's face.

"Quick, serve the guests some tea!" Li Feng hastily ordered.

A few cups of tea were immediately sent over, each cup being placed before each of them. Tang Yuan finished drinking his cup with one gulp. Wiping his mouth, he said. "Third Young Master, your brother is counting on you. You must help me vent my anger!"

Jun Xie gave out an overbearing laughter and reached for the cup of tea. While doing so, his eyes glanced over the faces of everyone present.

At this moment, Jun Xie could clearly notice that Li Feng and Meng Haizou had become delighted. His heart could not help but feel suspicious. Looking down at the cup of tea, he brought it close to his mouth and sniffed it. "You actually use this type of low-quality tea to serve your customers? Your service is really disappointing." He slammed the cup down on the table.

One sniff was enough for Jun Xie to detect the presence of a psychedelic type of drug within the tea. This strange scent is somewhat similar to the scent of opium; the effect would likely be the same. Consuming it may not cause any harm to the body, but it would likely affect the person's state of mind. Turning his attention back to Meng Haizou's clothing, he noted that it was brightly vivid and the design on it was very disorderly. In addition, it also gave off a strange scent. Normal people would be confused with this strange clothing, but this set of clothing and its strange scent, coupled with the effects of the psychedelic drug from the tea would badly affect a person's emotions.

It seemed there was a problem with not only the tea, but also the clothes and its scent! Furthermore, they were all connected. Behind these men, there was probably a very skilled pharmacist.

No wonder Tang Yuan would even put his wife up in the gamble earlier, this was the reason!

Glancing over towards the cup of tea in Dugu Xiaoyi's hands, he observed that it was crystal clear, without any sign of drugs placed inside. Considering the circumstances, it seemed that they were fearful of provoking the Dugu Family.

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up and change the tea for Third Young Master!" Li Feng cried out. Seeing Jun Xie refusing to drink, he immediately implemented another act.

"Forget it, that will be too much of a bother! I am here to gamble, not to enjoy tea. If I wanted to enjoy tea, I won't be here." Jun Xie languidly said. "There is no need to change this tea," Raising his head, he gulped down the tea.

"Hurry up and start, I am already impatient."

Li Feng and Meng Haizou's faces lighted up. "We will follow your decision then, Third Young Master." After saying that, they ordered a servant to lead the way. They were all brought into a vast empty hall. Within the empty hall, the only thing in sight was a big stone table and several dozen chairs. Even on their way here, they did not meet anyone at all! Looks like they suspended their business today just so then can deal with Jun Moxie...

While on his way here, Jun Xie had suddenly sneezed, spraying his saliva outwards at Tang Yuan, wetting his clothes. Tang Yuan shrieked out loud and quickly wiped it away...

Jun Xie rubbed his nose, spitting out his saliva with a 'pei'. "Strange, why do I feel so dizzy? I also feel like sneezing." Li Feng and Meng Haizou glanced at one another, their faces lighting up in glee: The medicine has begun to show its effect, wah hah hah!

...

The Grand Preceptor's Residence.

The Grand Preceptor Li Shang leaned upon a soft couch with half closed eyes. As he leisurely listened to the melodious song of the singer beyond the curtain, he asked with a smile. "For this matter, why did you entrust it over to those incapable fellows? If they screw it up, then we would have missed out on a good opportunity. That Jun Family brat is nothing to fear, but the old Jun behind him is not someone we can easily provoke. Even if we do not fear him, this matter will still invite trouble for us if he were to find out about it!"

His words seemed to contain reproach, but his tone was soft and relaxed. Even though he brought up the question, his face showed his assurance and confidence towards the person opposite him.

Standing opposite him was a handsome youngster in white robes; Red lips, white teeth, delicate features and a tall stature. This handsome man was seated like a mountain, his each and every movements unhurried, revealing a noble elegance. Hearing the question, he smiled and replied: "Grandfather is always very careful in everything you do, this grandchild feel admiration for grandfather. However, that Jun Moxie is a downright debauchee. To send our more capable individuals against someone like that would be giving him too much face. Considering his character, even if this plan fails, we will still have other opportunities. There is no need to think too much about this. Besides, if we were to send out our more capable members, for them to acquaint themselves with that debauchee would make things look out of place. This could cause our plans to be exposed, leading towards us missing out on this chance."

"Even though Jun Moxie is a debauchee, his evaluation of himself is too high. If we were to send some highly capable person with resourcefulness to deal with Jun Moxie, then the plan would backfire on us."

He raised his eyebrows as his mouth revealed a trace of irony: "Even though Li Feng and Li Zhen are unworthy, they are actually likeminded compared to Jun Moxie. This is where 'everyone has their own uses' come in! Using a debauchee to deal with a debauchee, especially a brainless debauchee like Jun Moxie. With the two of them as the main characters, we might even receive an unexpected surprise. If we were to send out our core members to deal with Jun Moxie, I fear even he would not fall for it. Besides.. haha..." He smiled lightly. His remaining words need not be said for it to be understood: Will anyone use a beef splitter to slaughter a chicken?

An expert was sent out only to deal with experts! A good blade should be used wisely! If an expert was dispatched to easily deal with a defenceless and ordinary person, they would only feel insulted!

If the song 'White Snow in Early Spring' was played before a butcher, not only will the song performer feel baffled, even the butcher will feel drowsy.

"Well said!" Li Shang looked at his eldest grandson, Li Youran with an approving expression. He was completely convinced and satisfied with his statement. His grandson Youran is the leading figure of his generation in the Li Family. His manner of speech and gestures, expression and style of leadership is simply perfect! Both his level of effort and resourcefulness were no less capable. He is also a genius amongst geniuses in Xuan Qi cultivation, having reached the realm of Gold level at the young age of twenty-five. He is the only one with this level of cultivation speed in all of Tianxiang Kingdom!

But the most valuable aspect that Li Youran possessed is his calm and steady mind, he is neither conceited nor hot-tempered and very low-key in his way of conduct. He is also very talented in devising strategies that takes everything into consideration. Even at a young age, he had begun making strategies that allows him to win from a thousand miles away. Not even Li Shang could compare when he was at this young age. He could foresee that if the Li Family wished to soar, then the hope of the next generation lie upon Li Youran's shoulders! With such a capable grandson, Li Shang felt exceptionally proud!

Li Youran's greatest virtue is that he never underestimated anyone. When implementing a plan, analyse every aspect of the plan; when moving against a person, analyse every aspect of that person. Even when dealing against someone like Jun Moxie, Li Youran retained an indifferent attitude, not showing the slightest bit of disdain when discussing about him.

Such a figure would be immediately recognized as a leader, regardless of where they were placed.

"This strategy can be considered thorough, but we must also prevent any possibility of 'what ifs'. It would be for the best if it could succeed in one go!" They believed that it was absolutely impossible for Jun Moxie to escape from this set up. After all, Li Youran personally devised this plan. It was launched through a roundabout way using Tang Yuan; if Jun Moxie could escape then something was certainly going wrong! As long as Jun Moxie falls into this trap, the second phase of the plan will be put into action, making him unable to escape forever! When that happened, even if Jun Zhan Tian still would not serve them, he would fall apart due to this disappointing grandson and can no longer pose any threat!

"What ifs?" Li Youran frowned, every aspect of the plan was instantly recalculated in his mind and he shook his head: "There are no other possibilities! Not to mention, we have included Meng Haizou into this plan. Even though Meng Haizou cannot be considered a talent, he is more than enough against someone like Jun Moxie! Jun Moxie cannot escape the palm of my hands!"

"Then what if he manages to escape your grasp?" Li Shang joked.

"Escape?" He seriously pondered the question before laughing. Li Youran leisurely looked at the door and said: "If that happens, then that person is not Jun Moxie!"

===========

Chapter 017 Really Good Luck

Regular Chapter

Li Youran's strategy against Jun Moxie was indeed perfect, having completely considered Jun Moxie's character and having arranging every aspect in detail. This plan was certainly perfect, but Heaven toys with the will of men. Within this perfect plan, a unique defect had unexpectedly appeared. If the target of this strategy was still Jun Moxie, then the rate of success would be a hundred percent!

However, the Jun Moxie of today was actually Jun Xie, can their plan still proceed smoothly?

......

Thousand Gold Hall.

"Shall we proceed with Third Young Master's usual amount of bet? Starting with one thousand liang? Or... should we increase it a little?" Li Feng asked after everyone were seated.

"From one thousand liangs?" Dugu Xiaoyi cried in surprise, her soft white face was blushed red. "You guys are going to bet so much?" She was the only daughter of the Dugu Family. Normal necessities like food, clothes and others were often prepared beforehand for her. With the exception of buying some gold and silver jewellery, her expenditure was often not much. She originally thought that the one hundred silver liangs she brought with her was a huge sum; how could she have imagined that the minimum bet was actually at one thousand liangs! The total amount in her purse can only amount to one tenth...

This was in fact a very normal thing. A thousand silver liangs weighed at least several dozens in jin (0.60479 kg). Not even a terribly rich family will actually bring out dozens of jin worth of silver liangs as they wander about. After all, this world has something called bills...

"A thousand liang? That amount would take too long. This Young Master do not have that much time to waste. Let us make this merrier, every game starts at ten thousand liangs, no upper limit, lets proceed with this," Jun Xie laughed out loud. "This Young Master have plenty of money. This small sum is not worth mentioning!"

Tang Yuan was shocked. "A thousand liang as the starting line is already no small sum, Third Young Master." He knows all too well that Jun Xie only has fifty thousand liangs with him; if the game truly was played with ten thousand liangs as the baseline, he could end up losing everything in minutes should his luck be bad. But after thinking about it again, losing everything instantly may not be bad. He had already lost so much today. In addition, the note had already been reclaimed. He should not push his own brother towards such a dangerous spot. Losing that fifty thousand liang should not be too big a deal. After pondering about it, he decided not to interfere.

"The Third Young Master Jun is truly a straightforward man! The game of dice happens to be my favourite, a game of luck! Both sides can see the results of the roll, making it fair and reasonable!" Meng Haizou laughed.

"Enough nonsense, how are we going to play this game? The smaller value wins or the bigger value wins? Or are we guessing the values?" Jun Xie looked as though he could no longer wait. If a detailed person were to observe him, he would note that Jun Xie's eyes had become red, signifying that the drugs had begun taking effect.

The time was approaching!

Meng Haizou quietly looked at Jun Xie's eyes and replied. "Let's make it simple and bet on either big or small. What do you think?"

Jun Xie nodded. "Call!"

To be fair, those who participated in this game would first bring out enough silver bills, then proceed to roll the dice. The one with the biggest dice roll would become the banker. Depending on the number of people participating, the number of dice used will differ. If seven people were participating, then seven dice will be used. If six people, then six dice will be used. After that round comes the last round where the winner becomes the banker.

[TL: This was confusing... ]

At the current, Jun Xie, Meng Haizou, Meng Fei, Li Feng and Li Zhen were participating in the gamble. Tang Yuan was already wiped clean and was only qualified to watch by the side. As for Dugu Xiaoyi who came with an overbearing attitude, she did not have enough money on her. Without enough money, even the emperor will not be given any face, and can only sit by the side as a spectator. Her face was flushed red and covered with shame.

The gears within Jun Xie's mind moved, how can he not take advantage of such a powerful backer? "Miss Dugu is a female, it is only natural that you do not join in with us. Why don't Miss Dugu play across the board?"

"What is playing across the board?" Dugu Xiaoyi's eyes lit up.

"The so-called playing across the board is basically making an outside bet. This means that even though you are not participating in this gamble, you can still make a bet! For example, you can make a bet of five silver liangs on me to win. If I lose, then I would have dragged you down and you would have lost that five silver liangs. That way both sides lose. But if I were to win, then your returns, including interest would be ten silver liangs," Jun Xie explained carefully.

"Very well!" Dugu Xiaoyi's mood soared. "In the first round, I will bet five... Five liangs on you!"

Jun Xie laughed aloud. "With a beauty betting on me, my luck will undoubtedly rise!"

Li Feng who was observing everything, sneered in his heart: Go ahead and laugh, you are about to cry very soon!

Everyone had already thrown the dice, leaving only Jun Xie. The one currently in the lead was Meng Haizou with one dice at six points and two dice at five points, sixteen points in total. This was quite a high amount of points! The only way to beat him was to get either eighteen points or seventeen points.

Li Feng exposed a triumphant look on his face. As long as Meng Haizou became the banker, then the chances of grasping on to Jun Moxie would be assured. They would ensure that Jun Moxie lose to the point of leaving without his pants! Once he had lost to the point of madness, than the plan would smoothly advance onwards.

Jun Xie gathered the three dice into his hand, his face filled with smiles, but in his heart he was cursing. Not only did they added something into the tea earlier, they even tampered with the dice! It was obviously filled with something else, the balance and feel was exceptionally wrong.

The substance used to fill it was certainly not lead, because that would cause the dice to weigh heavily on one side. However, the dice was clearly uniform in weight. The only substance that could mysteriously transform like that would be mercury. And only someone who was very familiar with this dice can cast out the desired outcome. Even if the average person was to discover this fraudulent aspect, they would still be unable to do anything. Jun Xie, on the other hand...

Jun Xie exhaled his breath, with a spin of his wrist he tossed the three dice into the dice cup, causing it to collide with a sound. At the same time, Jun Xie's right hand that was on the table issued out a thin strand of qi, as thin as a needle. The thin strand of qi stretched mysteriously without anyone noticing towards the dice cup...

Everyone's breath were held as they watched with wide opened eyes.

The three dice rolled down for a bit before stopping.

"This... How is this possible?" Li Zhen cried out as he stared with a depressed look.

Meng Haizou's group issued out a sigh of disappointment. Tang Yuan was the only one who cheered, laughing and dancing happily.

Two dice at six points and one dice at five points! It was just one point higher than Meng Haizou's dice roll.

Meng Haizou's group had their hopes dashed and can only look at Jun Moxie in shock: Jun Moxie, this bastard must have stepped on some lucky dog poop today!

[TL: Stepping on dog poop is supposed to bring good luck.]

Jun Xie cried out in delight. "Haha, Miss Dugu truly is a bringer of good luck. You have graced me with prosperity; this truly is Heaven complying with the sincere! Today, this senior will start a bloodbath!" He then grasped the dice cup in this hands which shook as he urged. "Put down your bet, put down your bet, quickly put down your bet!" An impatient look was expressed on his face.

"Pa!" Jun Xie slammed the dice cup on the table, letting go of his hand immediately. The other hand though was gently placed on the table, his face seemingly tense. However, his internal energy had already reached the dice cup, ready for action!

============

Chapter 018 Winning Money...

Regular Chapter

Li Feng and the rest turned towards Meng Haizou. Amongst all of them here, Meng Haizou is the most proficient in gambling. His skills in listening to the dice movements was particularly high, especially when the dice was one he had prepared himself. Everyone here were simmering in excitement, just waiting to strip Jun Xie off everything he had.

Meng Haizou's set of closed eyes were opened; he confidently said. "Big!" His hands grabbed fifty thousand silver bills and placed them onto the big section. Li Feng and the rest followed suit, their faces expressing excitement as they await what would happen next.

Watching all this, Tang Yuan felt shocked. He knew that Jun Xie had only brought a total of fifty thousand silver bills with him this time. If he lost this round, then he would not even be able to pay everyone. This was bad!

Jun Xie's internal energy moved, causing the dice to turn over silently. Jun Xie leisurely shouted. "All bets have been decided! I'm opening it now." He opened the dice cup to reveal one dice with two points, two dice with one point, totalling up to only four points. Small!

Meng Haizou's face turned pale! How was this possible? He had obviously heard the dice movement indicating at least one of the three dice had the value of six points. The chance of the results being big was at least ninety per cent. However, when the result was revealed, not a single dice had a six point. Could he had made a mistake and misheard a one for a six?

Without any modesty, Jun Xie collected everyone's silver bills towards his side. He then gave Dugu Xiaoyi ten silver liangs, before adding an extra one thousand liangs. "Miss Dugu, congratulations! As thanks for your good fortune, please take this one thousand liangs as bonus!"

Dugu Xiaoyi received the silver bill with her small hands, her big eyes narrowing into a thin line from her joyful face. She patted Jun Xie's shoulder with an extremely righteous demeanour. "Well done! Little Jun, I will bet on you again in the next round! I will wager in this one thousand liang as well!" She completely forgot that this person before her was the one she fervently detested, a super debauchee...

Li Feng smiled dryly. "Third Young Master's luck is truly good, to start the game with such good results." However, he secretly shot a look of inquiry at Meng Haizou. Meng Haizou's face sank as he shook his head, apparently uncertain of what had transpired!

Jun Xie had already taken the drugs, while the dice is the one he is most familiar with, the 'liquid jade' dice. Could this actually be just a coincidence? Considering the fact that his skill in listening to the dice movement had yet to reach a very high level, it was not impossible for him to have made a mistake. After all, it was only one time. All he needed to do was to win in the following games. He still had plenty of time and money...

However, Jun Xie still managed to win the next few games effortlessly. Winning again and again, his silver bills piled up high as though they were holding a conference, totalling up to three million liangs! Dugu Xiaoyi who was betting on him had also won up to twenty thousand silver bills. The Li and Meng brothers faces were all painted with the colour of the ground.

"You you you... you are being dishonest! You cheater!" Li Zhen jumped up with red hot expression. His bets had been the biggest and now his seven hundred thousand plus silver bills were reduced to merely a few miserable slips. He pointed his fingers at Jun Xie, anger evident on his face.

It was not only him, even Meng Haizou was becoming more sceptical. How could he guess wrongly time and again? Jun Xie eyes on the other hand, had become more and more dazed. Then, why was he winning again and again as though the God of Wealth had suddenly decided to attach Himself to him? One or two coincidences may be possible, but for so many coincidences to happen was simply illogical!

"If you have no money, then leave! If you cannot afford to lose money, then don't play!" Jun Xie did not even bother looking at him. He contemptuously said as his nose rose to the skies. "When catching thieves, one must also catch the stolen goods; when catching a cheating partner, one must also catch two people. Did you see me cheat? Miss Dugu, you are a high ranked expert. Did you see me do anything?"

Li Zhen stared at him viciously, as though he wanted to swallow him whole. But once Jun Xie pushed Dugu Xiaoyi onto the stage, the fact that they were actually in the wrong caused them to become fearful.

Dugu Xiaoyi had no clue what the rules were at all and was definitely not the so-called high ranked expert that Jun Xie had said she was. However, she had constantly won as she betted on Jun Xie, winning a total of twenty thousand liangs. She was so happy, she could not help herself but reply. "What a bunch of wimps. When you were winning, you were laughing. You even forced them to go get help. But when you lose, you accuse people of cheating. You guys from the Li Family sure got guts to be doing something like this! I was beside Little Jun all this time. All he did was cast the dice normally, how can he do anything dishonest? How can he cheat?"

"Who... forced people to ask for help?" Li Zhen asked, his clout falling.

"Him!" Dugu Xiaoyi pointed at Tang Yuan. "He went to get Jun Moxie here. It would be really strange if he was not calling him for help! Besides, with so much gambling going on here, the famed gambler Tang Yuan is only spectating. That can only mean that he had already lost everything to you people! He would only choose not to gamble if he has absolutely no money to gamble! Did you take this lady for a fool?"

Everyone was surprised, how could they have expected that the usually hotheaded spitfire actually had such a shrewd mind.

...

Grand Preceptor's Residence

"Report, Jun Moxie had already entered the Thousand Gold Hall. However, he also brought the Dugu Family's Miss Dugu Xiaoyi," A bodyguard reported.

"Dugu Xiaoyi? Why would she go to the Thousand Gold Hall?" Li Youran frowned slightly.

"It was probably not deliberate. They coincidently met on the road and Miss Dugu had actually cursed Jun Moxie quite a bit. In the end, she forced Jun Moxie to bring her over to the Thousand Gold Hall." The bodyguard was watching everything in the shadows and clearly saw everything that had occurred.

"Even if it was not deliberate, a variable have appeared. Jun Moxie! This little bastard's luck is really something!" Li Youran inhaled and smiled. "If that is the case, you must quickly inform Li Feng, Li Zhen and Meng Haizou to abolish the plans made for today. Tell them to make an excuse to get away, even if they have to lose some money in the process. They must also set another appointment with Jun Moxie. Go!"

"Yes!" The bodyguard swiftly rushed out after replying.

"Well done! A prompt decision, truly ingenious," Li Shang chuckled. "If Jun Moxie is to fall into our trap when Dugu Xiaoyi is around, then she will surely spread it when she returns home. Those old fogeys would be able to think it over. Beating the grass to startle the snake, this is not a desirable outcome. Giving up is the correct choice! Besides, giving him some money is no big deal. That would only pump up his confidence and make the next plan easier.

[TL: Beating the grass to startle the snake is one of the 36 stratagems in the Art of War. A double-edged strategy where you do something to surprise the enemy and watch what they do next and try to take advantage of it.]

Li Youran smiled indifferently. His mind suddenly thought, could Jun Moxie had deliberately brought Dugu Xiaoyi there? Thinking about it, he felt the urge to laugh. That stupid Jun Moxie, how could that idiot have such an agile mind?

It seemed that this bastard's luck today is really good!

At this moment, Li Youran still did not know that it was already too late!

Losing a little bit was not enough to solve the problem at hand!

Thousand Gold Hall.

Due to their protests, the gambling rules were changed thrice. Jun Xie clamoured arrogantly, causing the six debauchees to fume to the point of having smoke rising off them. His mouth shot out words of poison and yet he kept winning. He had unexpectedly wiped them out to the point where their mouth became crooked and their eyes tilted; their pockets completely emptied!

The triumphant Jun Xie and the joyfully laughing Dugu Xiaoyi were busy dividing their spoils. Seeing the pile of silver bills, those sitting across could only stare in stupefaction. When they saw Jun Moxie counting the silver bills one by one in a highly exaggerated manner, their livers ached from anger.

That belongs to us!

While Jun Xie was not paying attention, Dugu Xiaoyi's eyes swivelled around, her hands abruptly grabbed a handful of bills. The bills were at least valued at one hundred thousand liangs; it were stuffed into her beautiful bosom at lightning speed. She hummed and said. "Jun Moxie, your victory this time is all due to my presence, boosting your luck. I'll take some more, you won't mind, would you?"

You have already stuffed it into your bosom, if I try to take it, won't I become a perverted rogue? Touching his nose, he smiled bitterly. "Of course I do not mind! Why would I mind? If it was not for Miss Dugu's good luck, how could I win so much? It is only natural that you take more."

Dugu Xiaoyi's eyes lit up, her rabbit tooth reappearing. "In that case... I'll grab another?"

Jun Xie was shocked. He tilted his eyes, "Aunty, you have already received your winnings, you have also taken my bonus. As a human, we cannot be so shameless!"

"Keke... I am only teasing you. This is just a little bit of money, look at your stingy face!" Dugu Xiaoyi shouted out happily, feeling that her decision to come out today was the right one. Not only did she get to experience a handful of addictive gambling sessions, she also managed to net such a huge profit! Her total winnings, in addition to the one she grabbed earlier was currently at nearly two hundred thousand liangs! This was truly joyful!

A little bit of money? A hundred thousand liangs is considered a little bit of money? The fatty on the side also felt the desire to get a share, but he did not have the nerve to do so and can only helplessly stare at Jun Xie. But Jun Xie did not even bother looking at him. Tang Yuan suddenly felt depressed. No matter what, I am still a man. I cannot possibly follow a lady and forcibly grab the money for myself. Argh! Why am I not a female!

Jun Xie's heart felt stifled: You are a four hundred jin big fatty. Do you think you are qualified to make this bitter look that daughter-in-laws make? It is just like putting a bitter gourd on top of a pig's head. Originally, I had wanted to give you some pocket money, but after seeing this face... forget it!

=========

Chapter 019 The Gloves Are Off

Regular Chapter

Jun Xie stood up, stretching himself while smiling frivolously. "Do you guys have any more money? If you people do not have any more, then it is time for me to go home and sleep! I have only won so little money after gambling for a while, what a disappointment! Don't you agree, Miss Dugu?" Jun Xie was well aware that he had already broken a portion of the enemies' plan. As of now, they would likely begin to go all out!

"You cannot leave!" Li Zhen became anxious. At this moment, their minds had become a mass of sticky mud, Meng Haizou's included. They do not understand how they had lost; their loss was one that had completely befuddled them!

Everyone of their gambling skills should have been higher than Jun Moxie, and yet they who had come together against him had actually lost it all! Not to mention, Jun Moxie had clearly drank the psychedelic drugs they had prepared; the dice used were ones they had tampered with; Meng Haizou's clothes were sprayed with a unique perfume meant to stimulate the minds of those who had consumed the psychedelic drug, rendering them confused and totally at the mercy of others.

But instead, the four of them had lost to the point of losing their pants. What kind of explanation can be given for this?

Could it be that Jun Moxie's luck was too good? However, the dice points he obtained in each round was only slightly higher than theirs was. Not even coincidences can possibly reach this level in coincidences! But if they want to say he was cheating, how exactly was he cheating? For a person who had consumed psychedelic drugs and had his gambling skills turned into a complete mess to cheat; that would be akin to meeting a real life ghost!

Their well-crafted plan that had first involved Tang Yuan proceeded smoothly. However, once their real target, Jun Moxie appeared, they found themselves unable to proceed to their next phase of the plan. Having lost everything, how could they even talk about completing their plans?

However, the consequences of failing to complete their task caused them to shiver, a trace of fear leaking out from their eyes.

To these people, the gentle look on Li Youran's face was more terrifying compared to the fearsome grin of a demon from hell! And that was because Li Youran's face would show that same gentle and kind face even when issuing orders for murder or genocide!

He was an existence that was even more demonic compared to a demon!

"I still want to bet with you! I still have assets to gamble with!" Meng Haizou took off the accompaniment jade on his waist and threw it on the table with a 'pa'!

"Haha, did you guys think that I would accept damaged goods?" Jun Xie smiled in disdain. "You want to gamble with me using that kind of worthless item? I might as well just go home and have a good sleep!" Jun Xie shook his head and turned, obviously leaving!

"Hold on!" Meng Haizou screamed; he stared at Li Zhen and the rest: "Bring out everything you can!"

Li Zhen and the rest were also well aware of the miserable consequences of returning with such a result. They immediately took out everything valuable that they had on their bodies, be it precious stones, pearls and jade ornaments.

"This is Sir Tang Yuan's personal sword and accompaniment jade! I will put it in together for this wager! The original price should have been one and a half million liangs, but I will now put it up for only one million liangs!" Meng Haizou stared tightly at Jun Xie: "Jun Moxie, I believe you also wish to win this back for him, right?"

Dugu Xiaoyi stared blankly for a moment. She too knew of the remarkable origins of Tang Yuan's personal sword and accompaniment jade. As an intelligent person, she instantly picked up on the fact that this was no mere gamble. However, she did not feel fearful at all, she also did not intend on staying out of this matter. This kind of situation was simply too interesting!

"He is him, I am me! What does his stuff have anything to do with our gamble?" Jun Xie looked at him as though he was appraising an idiot. "If I win, then those items will become my booty, my belongings. If I want to throw it into the sewers, I will throw it into the sewers! If I want to give it to others, then I will give it to others! What does that have to do with Tang Yuan? Win it back for him? You people sure can think up a load! Tang Yuan pawned off those items for money, that is his business, not mine! Later on when Tang Yuan brings money to redeem those items, that too will have nothing to do with me!"

As he spoke, Jun Xie gazed down at the accompaniment jade and sword. His heart was filled with laughter: These are no ordinary items!

Jun Xie's mouth revealed an evil smile. "Young Master Meng, don't you think what I said is right?"

Hearing Jun Xie's words, everyone present felt blindsided, inclusive of Tang Yuan and Dugu Xiaoyi! Tang Yuan had earlier expressed a joyous face, but now had become bitterly sad.

Meng Haizou's face turned pale. He clearly understood the meaning behind Jun Xie's words. Precisely because he understood, he was now caught in a difficult dilemma on whether to proceed or not! If this sword and accompaniment jade were to be lost to Jun Xie today and tomorrow Tang Yuan comes with the money to redeem them. What should they do then?

Jun Moxie's words sounded very righteous, but in truth, there were rules to be observed. Collaterals that have been pawned off can only be sold if they cannot be redeemed after a certain period of time. If they were to sell it off now, then their actions were unjustifiable!

Tang Yuan had suffered such a huge loss today, would he just let this slide? Judging by his vengeful personality, he would certainly stir up a calamity for them if they could not produce the items when he arrived to redeem them! Moreover, the opportunity for him to create such a havoc would have originated from his own shortcomings.

However, a thought crossed his mind: The current hurdle right before me is already too difficult, how can I care about the future? Besides, i would not necessarily lose!

"We will naturally have our own ways to deal with Sir Tang Yuan's matter! There is no need for Third Young Master Jun to worry about it! Moreover, Third Young Master Jun may not be able to win these things!" Meng Haizou pushed all the jade, pearl and sword onto the table. Biting his teeth, he went straight to the point. "Third Young Master Jun, this Ruyi Jade of mine was granted by His Majesty, the Emperor himself, this is my uncle's most precious sword, this Glowing Pearl was given to Li Feng by the Grand Preceptor Li himself... all these are precious items with no market value! I believe that if one were to value it, then it would fetch upwards of millions of liangs! Considering how much money Third Young Master have, it seemed insufficient. But if Third Young Master is willing to gamble, then I can make an exception and allow you to bet with something else!"

"Then what do you want me to bet with? You are not going to ask me to put my body up, are you? Or could it be that you want me to marry your little sister that could not be married off? But I have never heard about this little sister of yours," Jun Xie tilted his eyes as he picked his ears.

Dugu Xiaoyi was unable to restrain herself and momentarily burst out in laughter, but immediately assumed a straight face. From under the table, she delivered a vicious kick at Jun Xie, causing him to bite his teeth and smiled.

The muscles on Meng Haizou's face spasmed, he was furious to the point of almost vomiting blood. Forcing himself to hold back, he replied. "Third Young Master sure likes to joke, this bet is very simple. If I lose, then everything here naturally belongs to Third Young Master. But if I win, Third Young Master must promise to fulfil my one request and help me do something. Is that acceptable?"

"Are you kidding me? How is that acceptable?" In his mind, Jun Xie shouted. A show is coming! It must have been really hard for them to hold back for so long. He could not help but gave out a chuckle before refusing. "If you guys tell me to go commit suicide, then should I really have to go die? If you guys want me to give you all the possessions of my Jun Family, then do I really have to give it all to you? This condition of yours is really... tsk tsk! Do you guys take me for a fool?"

"I can guarantee that those scenarios that Third Young Master described will not happen. This request will not require a single silver from Third Young Master Jun. It will also not bring any harm to Third Young Master! In addition, this request is certainly one that you can accomplish! If Third Young Master feels that the request is impossible, then you may just forget that this ever happened!" Meng Haizou was almost unable to restrain himself from violently beating up this despicable bastard before him and then giving one final kick.

"Just like that? In that case, why not?" Jun Xie agreed. "What will we be betting?"

"We will bet on the dice!" A desperate look was evident on Meng Haizou's face, just like that of a classic gambler. His face grim, he said: "This bet will be between just you and me! We will bet on the size of our rolls; no banker! The biggest point wins! Jun Moxie, do you dare?"

"Haha, would I be afraid of your losing hand? A dice gamble! You think you can beat me? What a joke!" Jun Xie expressed an insolent look lacking in thought or care, almost to the point where he would ascend to the skies. It was likely that he would have actually soared to the skies if not for the anchor below his legs.

===========

Chapter 020 You are really the God of Gamblers!

Li Zhen, Li Feng and the others were excited. Their eyes gleamed, they were well aware that Meng Haizou was quite accomplished in the game of dice rolls. He had never lost on normal occasions. Furthermore, the dice was one that Meng Haizou had prepared himself. If Meng Haizou still could not win, then they have truly bumped into a ghost! Everyone here were very familiar with Jun Moxie's level of skill in gambling. Despite not knowing how he had won the earlier games, this time the gamble was between only him and Meng Haizou! Jun Moxie's chances of winning were non-existent!

"Who will go first?" Jun Xie's legs shook. His legs were still in pain from the earlier kick from Dugu Xiaoyi.

"I will go first!" Meng Haizou grabbed the dice into his hands with one sweep. He held the dice in his hands, weighing them as he calmed himself. He strove to suppress the writhing flow of blood in his chest with his eyes closed; he murmured as though he was begging for something. This one roll of the dice would involve the entire net worth of everyone here! If he were to lose this, then the consequences would be disastrous!

Jun Xie sighed as he gently tapped the table. He then whispered to Dugu Xiaoyi: "Do you think he is trying to summon the spirits of his ancestors to help him? I keep feeling a strange atmosphere, so spooky. It just feels very wrong," While talking, he pulled up his sleeves, then shouted excitedly: "Look! I already have the goose bumps on my skin!"

Dugu Xiaoyi who had maintained a straight face after realizing that this gamble was peculiar was unable to hold back and burst out laughing. She never realized that this debauchee was actually such an interesting person.

Li Feng and his group glared angrily at Jun Xie from the opposite side. He was obviously trying to disturb Meng Haizou's concentration with this banter; Jun Xie and Tang Yuan however, refused to yield and stared back at them.

After a good amount of time, Meng Haizou let out a roar. He lifted his palms and revolved them successively. Following a series of movement, the three dice rolled down, spinning on the table.

"Six! Six! Six!..." Li Feng and the rest of them roared as they nervously stared at the spinning dice. The atmosphere around them became intense, as though they had arrived at a grand casino filled with hundreds of people.

The first dice stopped spinning and was indeed a six! Following which, the second dice too stopped spinning at yet another six!

Li Feng and his company became overjoyed. Every one of them reacted as though the winner was already decided even though the third dice was still spinning. Every one of their eyes glinted with fanaticism as they shouted even louder: "Six! Six!..." If the third dice too stopped at six, then Jun Xie would definitely lose. The only exception would be a tie if Jun Xie managed to roll three sixes. Anything else would result in a loss for him!

But would three sixes appear so easily? Some of them glanced at Jun Xie with a triumphant expression.

The last dice finally started slowing down. Judging by the speed and the current spinning pattern, the result would most likely be... another six!

Meng Haizou gave out a long sigh. Today's roll had exceeded his usual standard; normally even two sixes would be considered good. This time, victory was assured!

Who could have guessed that the dice would suddenly, slowly, spin towards the other two dice. Spinning in between the two dice, it knocked over the dice on its left, causing it to roll over. After that, the third dice spun slowly, akin to a drunkard towards the dice on its right, crashing into it and causing it to roll over as well. It was only after that did the dice stopped spinning...

The room suddenly became deathly silent!

Li Feng, Li Zhen, Meng Haizou and the others stared continuously. The ecstatic expression on their faces froze instantly, but their eyes had completely turned red. The younger Li Lin and Meng Fei curled their lips, being on the verge of crying.

The three dice laid quietly, a one, a two and a three! Under the rules, if Meng Haizou was the banker, this result was known as the Common Loss! This meant that he would lose regardless of what results the others may roll.

It is over! Meng Haizou's eyes closed as he fainted. The remaining five people remained slumped and motionless, as though they were in a funeral. They stared at the three dice with a dull expression, each feeling the desire to burst into tears.

"Wah... hah..." Tang Yuan jumped up high, causing others to wonder how someone like him could manage such a feat. He ecstatically grabbed Jun Xie's shoulder: "Third Young Master, your luck today is truly out of control! The God of Wealth has arrived! Wahahah!"

"What do you mean the God of Wealth has arrived? This is obviously the God of Gamblers arriving! It is now my turn!" Jun Xie portrayed a face filled with lingering fear. "You really scared me to death earlier! No wonder Brother Meng used so long to prepare before rolling the dice. It turns out you actually wanted to throw out such a high-levelled dice roll! You are truly worthy of admiration!" Geeing twice, he continued. "This standard of play, is truly a play that allows you to roll any number you want! Everything shall comply before the heart's desire, how unbelievable! This level of technique is not something that normal people can achieve. You, youyou... you are really the God of Gamblers!"

"What do you mean it's your turn? Third Young Master, there is no need for you to roll! You have already won! He got a one two three, a Common Loss!" Tang Yuan jumped up again, his fat body surged magnificently yet again. After surging up and down for a while, the layer of fat on his body finally settled down.

"Nonsense! You have not won! This play does not separate between banker and player!" Li Feng shouted, his eyes red and his body trembled. "What if you also end up rolling a one two three?"

"Do you think that is possible?" Tang Yuan scornfully looked at him. To think that he actually asked such a demented question! How did I previously lose to this kind of demented person?

"You have a point," Jun Xie laughed out loud. "Then, allow me to show you my unparalleled world encompassing gambling technique! Also, someone wake up Young Master Meng. What do I do if he shamelessly claims that he did not see the result? Seeing is believing," Jun Xie pointed out.

Darned! Why is this bastard so smart today? Li Feng and the others looked at one another. Their last method has disappeared...

Dugu Xiaoyi fearlessly joined in the fun, smiling merrily as she said: "He is still not awake? No problem! A few kicks from me will surely wake him up!"

Meng Haizou who was lying on the floor had in fact awoken earlier, planning to deny seeing anything. As long as Jun Xie had thrown the dice, all would be solved once the dice were collected. Even if everyone admitted that Jun Xie had won, Meng Haizou can shamelessly claim that he did not see the results, as he was still unconscious. Since that was the case, they must replay the round!

Meng Haizou had even prepared what to say: The one you are betting with is me, not them! They say that you have won, but I did not see it with my own eyes! Since I did not see with my own eyes, then the results cannot be counted!

How could he have guessed that Jun Xie could have seen through him? If Dugu Xiaoyi kicked him... Oh, my god!

Before he could get up by himself, Tang Yuan went to deliver a kick at Meng Haizou's body. "Stop playing dead, get up!"

All his grievances from this day was delivered solely into this kick, causing Meng Haizou to cry out: "Ouch!" Crying out in pain, he got up. When he got up, he saw Jun Xie, Tang Yuan and Dugu Xiaoyi smiling at him.

Meng Haizou stood up with a depressed look on his face, his eyes revealing resentment. If Dugu Xiaoyi had not come here today, he would probably have impulsively imprisoned Jun Xie by force...

A man suddenly entered in a hurry from the door: "Sir Meng, Sir Li..." He stopped talking. This man was none other than the body guard who came here bearing the message. However, judging by the expression on the faces of Li Feng and the others, he immediately realized that the situation has drastically changed. How could anyone have guessed that the situation could end up in such a manner...

"Look carefully," Jun Xie grabbed the dice with a prideful and complacent demeanour as he looked at Meng Haizou. The faces of Meng Haizou and the others were painted the colour of ash as they watched Jun Xie's performance. They gritted their teeth to the point where cracking sounds could be heard...

"I am rich!" Jun Xie laughed loudly as he exited the premise. A bodyguard followed him from behind while carrying a huge package. After Jun Xie had left, one of the tea cups on the table went missing... However, none of the dejected debauchees noticed...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.2K 47
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
19.5K 703 33
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
168K 4.9K 35
"baby i just want yo' heart, hope ian' askin' for too much."
28.5K 2.9K 68
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...