Playful Time

Od 16roses

Drake doesn't know what he's doing with this new life of his. He doesn't understand the feelings he has for h... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 10

564 27 3
Od 16roses

"I fucking hate research papers." Charlie groaned in his hands. He was currently sitting on the couch with a laptop in his lap. He and Allister were seniors in high school before all the drama went down, and when Charlie decided to go on his little vacation to France, they put him in online school so he wouldn't miss anything. Of course, I don't think he did any work then because there was still so much drama going on. I was confused as to why he wasn't having to repeat the grade, same as Allister, but I guess when you have such strong connections in the school, you can get away with anything.

"Just wait till you get to college. It gets so much better." I said sarcastically, laughing when Charlie smacked his head on his computer. Killian joined my laughter and I looked down at him with a smile. I agreed to watch him while Charlie worked, not just because I was assigned as one of his bodyguards, but also because I enjoyed spending time with him and his son. Its been four months since my major fight with Nixon and also four months since we last saw any activity from the enemies side. Mostly everyone in the Pack was taking this as a good sign, but people like me and Bryce, and basically everyone in the higher rankings, were on edge. When the enemy is this silent for this ling, it's never a good sign. So that's why Charlie was placed on high security and a heavy lockdown. He was never to go anywhere without at least five warriors and if he could avoid going outside of the territory, he should. Charlie didn't like these conditions at all and that's how he was allowed to go outside as long as he was within our realm. If he crossed the boundaries, he needed escorts. I was assigned to watch him and Killian if they were together. Some thought it was ridiculous that we needed to protect him within the Pack as well, but considering the number of traitors we've had, it was a necessary precaution.

Speaking of traitors.

"Did you hear Eli is dead?" I asked Charlie and he immediately stopped typing and looked up at me.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Nixon had to dispose of his body yesterday. Well...what was left of his body, that is." I was afraid to ask any further details from my mate and he was glad because whatever he saw and had to do, made him take a shower five times. While Eli was finally dead, King was still alive. And Allister was not having it. Which is understandable still, considering what he went through and also what Charlie went through, but it was a necessary evil. King had valuable information no one else knew about Tyrion. If we didn't have him helping us, we wouldn't be where we are right now.

"Knock knock." We both turned to see Nixon in the doorway and I watched as his eyes landed on Killian, who started squealing in excitement upon seeing him. "Hows the little munchkin?" He cooed as he came to sit beside me on the floor and play with the child. I looked over at Charlie and saw he was already looking at me with a smile before he went back to his paper. Nixon's words rang true that he said that night. He was more compassionate and caring than I had ever seen him and it was making me fall deeper and harder for him every day. He also had taken to helping Julian find their missing family again. He claimed that even if his parents are dead, he still wants his other family to meet me, so he refuses on giving up the search for them. A couple hours passed while we all joked and messed around with Killian before the baby started to get fussy.

"Guess its nap time." Charlie sighed as he shut his laptop and set it aside. Nixon picked up Killian and handed him to Charlie before helping me stand up. As Charlie walked out of the room, Nixon turned to look at me with a giddy smile.

"Stop doing that. You're freaking me out." I laughed and he continued to smile anyway.

"I want to take you on a date." He said and I tilted my head in question.

"Really? That's a first." I admitted. "I don't think we've ever really gone on a date." Our relationship didn't start off normal and while we did hang out as friends before, it was only just as friends.

"I know and I want to change that. It's nowhere fancy, so we don't have to change." He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. I couldn't help but laugh at how eager he was to get out and kept asking him questions about where we were going as we made it to the garage. He walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for me.

"Chivalry isn't dead." I joked as I got inside and buckled up. Nixon climbed into the driver's seat and started the car, pulling out of the building and towards town. I decided to stop asking questions and just let Nixon surprise me. If it was something like this, I didn't mind surprises. We passed the old part of town and started towards the newer part. This is where all the big businesses, new homes, and apartments were being built. It was Emery's way of expanding to attract more people. Which was working tremendously, considering what it used to look like years back? Nixon pulled into the parking lot at a cute little restaurant named Gironaldis and considering the name, I would say it was an Italian restaurant. He quickly got out of the car and walked over to open the door for me. I gave him a small smile as I got out and he leaned down to give me a small peck.

We were seated immediately and I decided to be fancy and order some wine. Nixon refused to drink some with me since he was driving, but after some convincing, he decided to have a glass. I wanted to walk around before heading home so we would both have time to sober up.

"I have to be honest. The fact that King is still alive and helping us is really hard to digest." Nixon said after taking a sip of wine and I had to agree with him on that. The news of Eli's death went around the Pack immediately after it happened, and not many members agreed with the fact the King was still alive and well.

"What exactly does Bryce plan to do after we get all the info we can out of him?" I asked, completely bewildered by my friend's actions. "You're going to treat him fair until you get what you want and then kill him? Kind of a dick move if you ask me."

"King wishes to die after he sees Tyrion taken down," Nixon informed me and I nearly choked on my noodles.

"Why?" I asked. I was literally shocked at the fact the King wanted to die. I thought he would fight for a chance to live and start over or something.

"I don't know the exact reasons, but he claims we wish to atone for his actions and once he sees the man who ruined his life dead, he will gladly carry on into the afterlife to see his mate." It was sweet, but also sad. I wonder how Allister feels about all this.

"Well on a better topic, I see you've taken a strong liking to Killian." I smiled and a cheesy little smirk formed on Nixon's face at the mention of the baby's name.

"I'm not quite sure when it happened, but after talking with you, I felt that if I held him in my arms I might get closure." My smile stayed on my face from his words because they truly warmed my heart. I could sympathize with Nixon on his feelings towards his unborn child. But only in the sense of losing someone you love and moving on from it. It took me a while to talk to anyone after my mom passed and it didn't help that I wasn't speaking with my dad after it. But with the help of Bryce and Kit, they made me achieve some form of closure and allowed me to move forward. I really did owe a lot to those two and I feel like I will never be able to fully repay them for everything they've done for me.

After paying for our meal, I drug Nixon to the small park down the street from the restaurant. Even though it was Spring, the temperatures dropped as the sun set and left the air feeling crisp. You could probably mistake it for Fall weather rather than Spring. We walked hand in hand down the small pathways, illuminated by fairy lights in the branches and up the trunks of the trees.

"I wonder what they do with the lights when it rains?" Nixon asked and I pursed my lips as I wondered the same.

"Maybe they're waterproof." I suggested and Nixon nodded his head in agreement. I feel like most people would find the silence to be uncomfortable for a date, but it didn't bother either of us. The sound of the water fountain up ahead was all that permeated the air around us. After a while of walking, we came to a stop in front of the fountain and Nixon turned to look at me.

"Would you like to adopt a child?" He asked out of nowhere and I choked on air when I turned my gaze from the fountain to face him. "Obviously not anytime soon. But maybe a few years in the future we could start a family."

"Are you sure?" I asked, waiting to double check on this new information. It seemed a little fast considering what I just learned about him a couple months ago. But the excitement bubbling in my chest didn't seem to dissipate as I waited for his answer.

"I want to start a family with you. I don't care if it's not something created from both of us. We could even have two kids, one with your genes and one with mine." He seemed just as excited as I was feeling about all this and I couldn't stop the giddy smile from forming on my face.

"I feel like you're proposing to me." I joked and he looked at me in shock.

"Should I? I never thought of marriage considering what we are, but if it goes against your values—"

"Nixon, calm down." I laughed and took his face in my hands. "We can get married if you want, but I don't need a ring to show that it's you I want to spend my life with." I watched his eyes fill with undying love as he leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. It was a soft kiss, one that showed how much he cared but also that we wouldn't go so far in public.

"Goddess, I can't wait till we get home. We're never leaving our room." He said to me huskily and I looked away as my cheeks filled with color. The drive back to the house was definitely tense, but not in the sense of anger or frustration. More like we couldn't wait to get our hands on each other. As we neared the gate at the entrance, Nixon slowed down when we saw someone standing with the guards. He stopped a few inches from the gate and rolled his window down.

"Everything alright?" He asked the guards and it looked like they were trying to talk, but the person at the gates kept yelling at them.

"Let's get out and see what's happening," I said and we both exited the car and started towards them. One of the guards walked away and met us halfway. "What's wrong?" I asked and the guard looked frustrated beyond belief.

"This woman showed up demanding to get into the house and find someone. Said it was someone important."

"Is she a werewolf?" I asked and the guy grimaced.

"Yeah and the weird thing is, she claims she doesn't remember who her old Pack was. Said she was a rouge, but she isn't dressed like one." Hm, this was strange indeed. I looked over at Nixon and he looked just as confused as me. He felt my eyes on him and turned to look at me.

"Maybe we should see f we can sort it out before getting Bryce." He suggested and I nodded my head in agreement before the guard led us over to where the woman was still yelling at his partner.

"I don't fucking care what your rules are! Just let me find him and I'll leave! I swear it!" She argued and the second guard looked up at us in relief.

"Thank god you both are here. Can you please explain to her the rules. She won't believe us no matter how many time we say it. I'm two seconds away from calling Bryce down here."

"No, don't waste your Alphas time on something that can be solved easily," I said and turned to the girl who has suddenly gone silent. "Do you know the name of this person you're looking for? I can try and find them and ask them to come to the gate to meet you." The woman didn't respond and I noticed she was staring at us in shock...well more like staring at Nixon in shock.

I looked at my mate, expecting to see confusion as to why this woman was staring at him like he was a savior, but wasn't expecting to see him staring at her like he saw a ghost.

"Nix—"

"Oh, my goddess! I have been searching for you everywhere!" The woman cried and ran forward to throw her arms on Nixon. I stared back and forth between the two, completely lost on what was happening. The woman continued to cry and I heard the guards calling Bryce and Kit down to the gate. Through all the confusion that was happening, I waited for Nixon to speak and say something. Perhaps tell the woman she was mistaken or something, but instead, he said the one word that made my blood run cold and my heart break into a thousand pieces.

"Amelia?"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

708K 42.6K 37
**COMPLETED-- First in the Wild Magic series** "My heart doesn't beat right if you aren't holding me in your arms." Edon has never known home, or fam...
102K 4.6K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
16K 837 24
Noir has been protected all his life by a dog. He doesn't know who the dog is but the dog knows who he is. His life has become messed up all of a sud...
546K 27.5K 62
Milo loves sex, parties and alcohol. He adores the thrill of being young, wild and mateless. He has witnessed his family and friends find their mate...