Her Own Kingdom

By _justalostgirl_

KINGDOM SERIES BOOK 1 (SEQUEL: His Own Kingdom) Raegan, Rae for short, Jones is a princesss from Ireland who... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note

Chapter 7

281 12 5
By _justalostgirl_

Rae's POV

I felt the sunshine peeking in through the windows and I knew that it was morning. However, I wasn't a morning person. I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed them gently before looking around the room. I stretched myself and smiled before snuggling back into bed ready to go back to sleep.

Sadly, that didn't happen because of a knock that I heard from the door.

" Come in. " , I said sleepily.

The door opened to reveal Prince Damon. At that moment, I looked at him and immediately hid under the covers. I tried very hard not to panic and stayed still. Suddenly, I was uncovered to face a pair of purple eyes.

" Do I really make you nervous with my presence? " , Damon asked me.

" Yeah..." , I mumbled quietly as I played with my hands nervously.

" Well you don't have to be nervous around me. I'm just another person like you are. " , he stated.

" I know, but I'm here because of you. " , I said quietly.

He held my hands gently and rubbed his thumb on my hand carefully.

" Listen Rae, I know we didn't meet properly so I was hoping to start all over. " , Damon said softly. " Don't be afraid of me. I want to get to know the princess of Ireland. "

" And why would you want to know about me? " , I asked quietly. " I'm nothing special. "

" Yes you are very special, Rae. " , Damon smiled softly. " And I know that. "

I slowly nodded at him.

" So why are you here? " , I asked with curiosity.

" I just wanted to see how you were doing. It seemed that you were resting, so I will let you sleep in. " , Damon said softly.

" I would like that. " , I smiled slightly before nodding.

" Well then, sweet dreams, princess. " , he whispered softly before he kissed my forehead and walked out of my room.

I felt my cheeks blushing as I bit my lip and laid back down snuggling back into bed. I felt better since he talked to me, but I still had this feeling about him. He seemed friendly and sweet but there is just something about his eyes that makes me wonder who is Prince Damon really is.

I don't know, but what I do know is that I planned on going back to sleep. And so I did. I slept for another few hours.

I woke up again feeling rested. I decided to get out of bed, refresh myself, and change my clothes. I might as well do some exploring since I will be staying in this castle for a while. I opened the door swiftly to see Anna standing in front of my door.

" Well good afternoon, sleepyhead. " , she lightly chuckled.

" Good afternoon, you early bird. " , I replied.

" Guess what today is! " , Anna said excitingly.

" What? " , I asked confused.

" Your first day to impress the prince. " , Anna nodded.

I frowned. Was everyday going to be like this. Finding a way to impress the prince.

" Can't I just explore the castle? " , I pleaded.

" No, that would be rude if you allow your curiosity to peek through private things. " , Anna said. " Remember we are only here so you can impress the prince. "

" Right..." , I said before sighing.

" Now let's get you all dressed up. " , Anna said. " Your outfit is too simple. "

Before I could reply, I was pushed back into the room as Anna closed the door and smiled at me before pulling out dresses from the closet. I sighed knowing that there was nothing that I could do to change her mind.

An hour passed and I found myself standing in front of a mirror. I looked at the princess in front of me and knew that wasn't really me.

" Beautiful. " , Anna whispered softly.

" Now the prince is at the royal gardens, so go see him. " , Anna said lightly pushing me out of the room.

When I was left alone in the hallway, I crossed my arms. This isn't what I wanted to do everyday. Sure, the prince was handsome but I wasn't going to be like those needy princesses, I like being independent. I don't like being treated like a doll for the prince's taste. But sadly, this was to be my life. I had to marry a prince for the safety of Ireland.

I took a deep breath and walked down the hallway making sure that I looked presentable before I found the garden. I froze when I looked at the prince holding another girl's hand as they stood together in the garden.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 7 47
A once upon a time tale. Book 2 in the dare to love series. Read book 1 forbidden love before you read this. -SPOILERS FOR BOOK 1: FORBIDDEN LOVE, D...
131K 3.6K 27
||PUREST HEART SERIES: BOOK 1|| โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ "You need to believe in yourself before others can believe in you." โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ In which Ever...
3.1K 292 51
KINGDOM SERIES BOOK 3 ( Sequel to " His Own Kingdom " ) It seems that Neverland would be at peace again without Victor's presence. That everything w...
14.4K 272 70
Luna has survived Chris's curse and lost her powers and wings, but one thing is wrong, she doesn't remember her king. Luna feels like a lot of her l...