Skull heart Skullgirls x male...

By DeadAccount2816

The world is full of strange things, things that can't be explained in words or in action, but some things ar... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: New Meridian
Chapter 2: Important meal of the day
Chapter 3: Detective!
Chapter 4: The undead and the Trinity
Chapter 5: the parasite inside
I need you to vote
Chapter 6: Reinstated
Chapter 7: Young life
Chapter 8: Unexpected events part 1
Important announcement.
Chapter 9: Unexpected Events (part 2)
Chapter 10: Blissful night (lemon)
Chapter 11: Unexpected Run in
Chapter 12: Misunderstood and Feelings
I'm coming back!
Chapter 14: A Normal Day?
Chapter 15: Before the bloodshed
Side Chapter- Talking to a giant

Chapter 13: Leviathan's past (part 1)

2.5K 36 24
By DeadAccount2816

I guess hearing the news from me about being a detective once again would cause a girl to hug you closely in a killer great that could easily be compared to a bear hug. At least it wasn't from a Russian bodybuilder or else my spine would have snapped in two. Both girls were hugging me. They refused to let me go when I asked. Marie had a killer grip on my shirt keeping herself firmly pressed up against me, she wouldn't answer my question when I had asked her what was wrong. Squigly's grip on me wasn't that tight as Marie's but the close hug itself told its own story that she was worried about me, but what reason should she worry about? I know what to do in this job and how to avoid danger if I possibly can.

Situations like these I only experienced a rare few times when the client was worried about the missing person they want to be found. It's heartbreaking to remember those days after I found a corpse belongs to a mother's son, she cried from the loss of her only child after being fixed. She blamed herself entirely for not stopping her boy from going to a friend's house after school. The mother cried and cried until she was an emotional mess of sadness. I knew what happened to her after that. The mother killed herself at her home, the person who found her rotting body was a friend of hers. Depression can be crazy sometimes. Hell, take Portia from Julius Caesar for example how she swallowed burning coal just because she was depressed.

Marie a girl that I save from thugs owes her life to me for what I did, but I can understand about how she would care for me. I gave her a place to stay, managed to get her a job at Old Sam's jewelry store, have another friend, and be a nice boy I always been. Guess summarizing that all up it would make sense why Marie's grip on my shirt was tight. Squigly, I know that we met on different terms than how Marie and I met. She suddenly appeared out of thin air above me. We met on the same roof where she appeared, talk a little bit, gave her a place to stay, gave her respect, showed her trust, and been her first friend despite what she has. Leviathan, I have no clue what's going on in his head as he and I haven't had much of a chance to get to know each other, and I can't really bring him into a guy only day because how he's Squigly' parasite.

I brought up my arms and hugged them back hoping that this might be the key to my freedom. After a few minutes of embracing each other, the hug finally broke up. Leaning back further on the couch I managed to catch a glimpse of how Marie was reacting to this. She had a few tears running down her cheeks.

"Marie are you okay?" I asked worried about her. There should be no reason for her to be crying other than being happy for me. Unless, unless she's scared of what could happen to me out in the streets.

Without receiving a reply from Marie I took her right hand with mine. That caught her attention. Marie looked up at me with teary eyes she instantly buried her face in my chest crying softly. I looked to my left to see if Squigly was going to do the same. She did have a hint of sadness her gaze was on the floor, but she wasn't tearing up.

I grasped Squigly's hand with my other hand causing her eyes to widen she looked up at me with a surprised look on her face. Without a sign of warning, Squigly buried her face in my chest causing me to blush a bit. Now I have two girls, the first one which was Marie who's crying in my chest soaking my shirt, the second was Squigly burying her face in my chest squeezing my hand a bit with hers. I bet my life here that a man would love to be in my place having two girls caring about him.

"What am I going to do? Both of these girls don't like the job I have being a detective, I know that it's a dangerous one to have as killers, gangs, and professional criminals would want to make sure that no one finds evidence to put them behind bars even going so far as killing the person that finds the evidence." For a minute my mind went blank as "Sherlock Holmes" suddenly popped inside my head. "Gotta stop watching those types of movie or else I might act like Sherlock himself holding a glass of flies while playing the violin."

Shaking my head from that thought I looked down at the girls. Marie's was weeping quietly, snuffling a little bit. I pulled my right hand back and placed it on her back. That seemed to calm her down a bit. I sighed and ran my hand through her.

"Hey Marie, do you want me to promise something?" I asked. Marie's response was a nod. "Squigly, do you want me to promise something?" Squigly's response was the same as Marie's. "What do you two want me to promise?"

"To stay safe," Maire said, I felt her grip on my shirt tighten.

"I want you to promise me that you would never hurt us." I flinched a bit at Squigly's promise. Why would I want to hurt them?

"I promise."

[TimeSkip]

Just like that time flew by. Both the girls were asleep in their rooms as for me, I was just sitting on the edge of Squigly's been staring down at her skeleton hand. I can't understand how she can live with this having something that always reminds her that she's just a living dead. Whoever did this to her was fucked up to kill her.

"You wish to know my Squigly's past, do you?" I jumped from hearing Leviathan speak. How did he manage to slither out without making any noise? I looked up to see Leviathan's face close to mine. His yellow eyes staring into mine. Sighing I nodded my head, it may be rude to deny it but I'm just curious about her past. "She was murdered on her birthday. Her family was the first to be killed when the Medici attacked, they never hesitated on killing the children that were there. I remember the cause of the attack why they did it. The skullheart was the cause of all the deaths on that day. Lady Selene was Squigly's, she used the wish of the skull to bring back her dead family but the curse that the skullheart has corrupted her. Instead of her family being alive like she wanted they became living undead, their corpse reanimated into mindless vessels for corrupted souls to host. Squigly would have been one of them if it weren't for me."

I stared I utter shock, hearing all that what Squigly had to see. Watching your family die until none of them are alive and seeing your mother make a terrible mistake wishing for the family to live again, but only to be corrupted. It took me the will to not touch my chest because how that curse heart was inside of me. I am a target for the Medici to find. Was this better than a puppet or is it worse than being a puppet?

Leviathan called my name catching my attention. He looked down at my hand causing me to do the same. I was surprised that I hadn't felt Squigly's skeleton hand grabbed mine, no I grabbed her hand without myself knowing my actions. Maybe I just had one of those moments where I didn't know what I did like blacking out from having too many drinks.

"Sorry." I tried to pull my hand away, but when I did the Squigly's grip tighten. Stopping what I was doing I looked up at Leviathan to see him smiling.

"She cares about her (Y/N), I don't know why she does but that seems to make me question you more of the man you are." Leviathan softly smiles as he lifted his head and looked over at Squigly. "I remember the days when everyone in Canopy Kingdom witness Squigly killing people, she did not have full control when I was searching for her. She doesn't know this of course, but her hearing this would cause her to shut herself in this very room."

"Were there survivors from the attack when Squigly's mother turned?" The parasite nodded his head. My felt my heart stop beating for a second before being forced to continue beating. There were still survivors that saw Squigly kill those they know. "Leviathan can you tell me about you and other parasites you know of?"

I wanted to change the subject quick as possible. Knowing that I carry a curse instead of a gift was something I don't want to think about.

"Hmm, I believe I could tell you the time when I sailed with a pirate host when I was still young." I barely managed to hear what Leviathan mumbled. He spoke again louder this time but still kept it to a whisper just so he wouldn't wake up Squigly. "During the sixteenth centuries when the new world was still new to the old world pirates ruled the seas. The kingdoms were still enemies not trusting one another and the power of the skullheart could barely be stopped. I remember the day when I lived in a young man's body..."

{Years Ago}

(Leviathan's POV)

The sea was freedom to the men and women that dare to sail it. The Kingdoms could not stop those who sail the sea, they could not control certain groups of people that go against the laws that fellow men follow from their kings and queens. One of these groups were pirates men that sails the nine seas of Vanleas.They sailed on ships from gunboats all the way up to warships fighting against the kingdoms' royal navies. The pirates weren't alone to fight against them as they had a few allies, all being part of the pirate's code.

I used to be another man's parasite, he was a young lad that was always positive when the crew was around. That man was probably the happiest man that I have ever seen to sail the nine seas. He was in his mid-thirties if I remember correctly. The crew he sailed with was one of the strangest I have to say, when they ran out of cannonballs to shoot at the enemy they would shoot themselves out of the cannon to the enemy just so they could never rest.

I must admit back in those days I was not such a gentleman that you see today. Instead of a kind soul, I was a foul mouth parasite that should have his tongue cut off from the foul language I used to say when I meet someone new. If Lady Squigly knew what I had said she would find it funny how a kind gentleman parasite was a foul mouth pirate parasite, lady Squigly enjoys the tales of pirates and the young age before today.

Privateer Jonathan James was my host's name. He used to be in the Canopy Kingdom's Navy when the Skullheart was still a threat to the world. But after both the skullheart and skullboy was destroyed James became a pirate. He was one of the few survivors that managed to destroy the heart. His ship and most of his crew died in the battle against the skullboy's undead navy if it weren't for me keeping his bones in place Jonathan would have died after being slammed against the ship's railing, he would have suffered a broken spine and would have been paralyzed. I managed to be his spine and bend myself back just so he could continue living his daily life.

How he became a pirate? Well, that's a question I'm still asking myself how were we lucky to find a captain that doesn't shoot first then ask questions later type of being. He's a rare pirate to come across to use natural energy, like a mage using spells.

"What reason be ye here Privateer, avast? Did yer crew not take th' likin' o' a human in their ship or did yer crew sank in th' depth o' Cthulhu's sea?" I remembered what the captain of the Queen Victoria had asked. He was a mixed breed of a vixen and a human, the tail and ears were a did give away.

"No, they died in the fight against Davy Jones." James retorted, but despite the harsh tone, the Captain took off his hand held it on his chest.

"Davy, we will ne'er forgive th' wish he made fer his first mate. Aarrr! It's a shame that his wish fer savin' Empress' people from th' ill plague that be cursed on that comely wench land. A terrible price he had t' pay, but his action would not go t' waste." A wish to say an entire kingdom from a plague was a noble cost, but the lives he took when he became the skullboy will never be forgotten.

"I would have probably done the same," I heard James muttered. "His cause was noble, but the lives he took will never be forgiven by the people that saw him as a monster. A man should know that making a wish from the heart would corrupt them than simply finding a way to cure the plague."

"Aye, there could have been a way, but more people would have visited Cthulhu's depths and th' cure would probably be used t' make th' Empress kneel. It's best t' think o' Davy's caused as one o' what ye would call a noble sacrifice." The captain put his hat back on as he held out a hand towards James. " Ye're kingdom would believe ye t' be poxed and a bucket o' chum. If ye have nothin' t' hold ye back t' fight th' law then join me, crew."

"He will never hjoin a fucking murderous pirate like yourself!" Before James could accept the captain's offer I managed to speak out. My sudden appearance from my host's shirt collar caused the captain to glare at me. He was just another pirate looking for more crew to help kill more people, I had thought. "Why would he ever join your crew if you murdered those that have a family, those who follow orders, and those who are caught in the crossfire! Pirates are all fucking the same. They kill and steal just like a low bastard thief!"

My younger self was something to be a shame of. I did not ask what offers he had for us. Instead, I just lashed out blaming him for what other had did not him. Such foolishness I had done, I am ashamed to admit it but I acted much like a judgemental person who just believes what the person is by their appearance.

The captain, who I just called a murder, didn't show any type of expression to show he was mad. This half-breed acted calm and collected like a professional fighter knowing how to handle this situation with me, a parasite that has a bit of a quick temper. His glare softens as his lips spread apart into a broad smile.

"What would they do when they discover about ye dragonkin? After what happened t' th' Seviara desert, we'll keel-haul ye! th' sand coated in red, rivers ran with blood, and cities painted in red, everyone poxed from th' event o' one parasite inside a Seviara's Pharaoh, by Davy Jones' locker. The winsome lass keel-hauled everyone in th' desert givin' that comely wench that name we all dare not say." That was what my parasite name was called or what I believed it to be. I tried to respond back to mocking my species, but no words came out as the thought dawned on me. James would be killed and so will I. The death of one country was by one parasite that I hate with every fiber of my being. Sekhmet. A tale of our encounter will be told later.

"We would both die," I assumed. Yes in these dark days parasite were seen as monsters, but that was not true because how there a few of hundreds that have parasites.

"Aye." The captain's hand was now in our view. "What would ye say about th' offer?"

It took James and I a while to come to an agreement about this. I didn't like the fact that we were going to be under the command of a pirate, but we had no choice because how we were stranded on an island. James had convinced me to accept the captain's offer. I can remember that day when I saw the pirate smiling, seeing that I finally gave up the idea of denying his offer. He may look like a murder, however, he was not.

When James took the captain's hand I felt my blood boil from how he had touched my host, but what kept me from breathing fire at him was James. My host was precious to me because how it's rare to find a proper host that'll accept a parasite inside their body. If anyone dares to touch my host without his or my permission then I would protect my host from them.

Does that mean you'll fry me to ash from holding Squigly's hand?

No (Y/N), I will not hurt you as long you don't hurt her in any sort of way. Now would you like to hear more of my past?

Yes, please.

The captain had introduced himself to us when we walked along the shore. His name was Captain Kie, he was barely sane or insane in other cases when looking at him from my young perspective. He was indeed a half-breed between a vixen and human from Mellodius' islands. I had never been there before but I have heard rumors there that the Mellodius' islands are infested with pirates.

James and Kie had a small conversation understanding the reason why I was so aggressive to pirates and the reason why I acted unkindly towards him. A simple explanation of me was what it took for Kie to understand about me. I can't really say that I enjoyed letting a pirate knowing what I could do, a little of our past, and how James and I met.

The walk was short lived when we spotted a galleon off the shores. Both the men stopped talking and looked at the vessel in the distance. I could say that the ship doesn't look intimidating from afar, but looking up at the small figures running around and jumping like monkeys made it look like it was sailed by fools wishing for a deathwish. The thought of monkeys made me chuckle.

"Is that your ship Captain Kie?"

"Aye, a beauty ain't she?" We all stared at the ship watching at her crew were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

"Why is she on fire?"

"WHAT!?"

The ship was actually on fire, well the bow was on fire. Kie's crew were jumping off the ship then climbing back up with a bucket in their hands as they tried to put out the fire. What was the cause of the fire I had no clue about at the moment, but Kie seemed to be calm all of a sudden?

"The winsome lass's not on fire," Kie calmly said, "one o' me crewmates be, and let me be tellin' ye that she has a quick temper just like yer bucko on yer shoulder. They're just tryin' t' calm that comely wench down, but I dern't think addin' salt t' th' wound would do much than burn more."

Off in the distance, we heard someone scream. This crew was clearly both insane and was not the safest to travel with. No one was safe on any ship if one of them happens to be on one, and if one was on some poor souls' ship then expect that ship to be sailed by one creature.

James was about to question Kie even more, but the captain silenced him with his finger before gesturing to a rowboat near us. How I never saw that was another question I asked myself. Both men didn't waste time on pushing the boat back to the sea, both don't care that their boots were full of seawater and the small waves crashing against their legs.

When the boat was far off the sandy shore both men climb aboard the boat and began to row their way to Kie's ship. The opportunity to talk was wasted as we slowly made our way to the galleon which was closer than before helping me see the details of the ship itself and the flag that Kie and his crew has up. I must say that the ship itself seen some battles as there were noticeable marks of damage on the side of the ship, the woods were worn out, some railings were newer than the old, and the cannons were new there was barely any sign of it being used that much.

As we drew closer to the ship the screaming of men and women could be heard as the fire slowly died down, but not before one of the Kie's men jumped off the body yelling out, "Cannonball!" Such a weird way to say when abandoning ship, or was he really abandoning ship? Nonetheless, that one man that jumped off made his way back aboard climbing the side of the ship.

"Could you explain the reason why one of your men did that?" I asked Kie, no more like demanded to be more specific.

"Oh, he be just havin' fun," Kie bluntly said not caring about the cold stare I was giving him. "If ye were in me crew and found this moment when th' Cap'n be gone t' relax then ye should take that moment. We be always in battle against everythin', th' sea, creatures under th' water's surface, warships, and th' wind itself."

"Why would you let your men do that, and what about the fire from the women you mention earlier? Last time I check the bow is still on fire."

"We're all free men," Kie began to say, "me crew be like family t' me, we stick up fer each other in troubled times. Like a family, we made sure t' watch each other's back as we watch th'others. We dern't abandon family unless ye wish fer us t' visit Cthulhu's Depths. I help make this family with six maties o' mine."

"Family?" James asked sounding disbelieved from hearing a pirate calling his crewmates his family.

Kie didn't say a word only nodded as helped row the boat towards his ship. While we were rowing to the ship I took my time think of the situation we were in. James and I were now pirates in Kie's crew, but the whole crew was insane with little to no mind of an intelligence. All of that was my opinion when I saw them. The Canopy Kingdom would believe that we died in the fight against the skullboy, people would hold up a memorial of the brave souls that went up against the threat to the world. Oh, what has the world come to?

As we drew closer to the ship one of the pirates on the ship spotted us and pointed in our direction.

"Avast, everyone, th' Cap'n be back! And he brought someone with that him!" In a blink of an eye entire portside was crowded with pirates of various shapes, size, species, and age. I can't understand how Kie managed to recruit creatures that don't wish to travel the new world. Name every species that I see on the ship's port side would be a waste of time as I didn't want to start asking questions how some didn't kill one another. There were a few that I noticed that worn better clothing and...armor?

Six other creatures wore unique clothing and armors that I have never seen before, but they are pirates meaning that they had those custom made by a tailor. I didn't pay any more attention on the six instead I looked at the bow to see if the woman was still burning. Surprising the fire we saw on the shore was gone! I make a quick look over at the bow to see that the fire was indeed gone that it wasn't just my imagination.

When we stopped near the ship's side both men climbed up the side of the ship as four of Kie's crew jumped off the ship with ropes in their hands. As James pulled himself over the railing we were met with eyes staring at us.

I hated the attention we had on us, I wasn't much of a crowd type parasite. Hiding under the collar of my host's shirt I kept an eye out for the small opening under the collar. The whispering sound of people talking made me feel like they were planning something against my host wanting to kill us, but thankfully Kie managed help push that thought aside.

"Easy everyone, parasites dern't like bein' looked at in a big crowd! Keep yer mouths shut and eyes on th' lubber before ye not on th' parasite," Kie announced. Even though I couldn't see him I can still hear his boots on the wood as he stepped up to the wheel. "Alright, everyone gathers aroun', I got an announcement t' make fer all ye fuckers. Meet our new crew member, James. The ornery cuss be a survivor from Davy's attack and be one o' th' rare many that managed t' hide their parasite from th' Queen o' Canopy! CUNT! Ahem. Now, why dern't ya go along and go back t' work while he tries t' find a bucko."

Just like that everyone on the ship went back to doing what they do, well except one who was tied up against the main mast. The poor man many would say, but he's nothing more than a jester to trick people.

{Time Present}

"...But that man tied to the post could giv-" I stopped in mid-sentence from the sound of (Y/N) softly snoring. I looked over at where (Y/N) was to see that he fell asleep, but he wasn't alone. Squigly was holding him close to her, cuddling him more like it, as she slept. The sight of two young adults made me chuckle to myself since it brought back the old days when Squigly's mother used her father as a cuddle bear.

"My have time has gone by." I slithered back inside Squigly's head before resting my eyes. Tomorrow would be another day.

Hey everyone Mr.BadFox here giving ya the news of what is going on through my life. So some of you guys know that I'm an artist, youtuber, and writer right? Well, the thing is I'm gonna need you guys to support me on my channel to help with my life here on Wattpad because I don't get much confident from having one account liked than the other. If you would like to check out my channel and see how I'm doing then go here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2278FphgWCtqeKti8TwVSQ

I'll also be planning on drawing art on some chapters to give you guys a way to see and imagine. If you want a sneak peek at what I'm drawing then head over to my art page where I publish my artwork early before a chapter comes out.

This is Mr.BadFox and I will see you all in the next chapter I publish!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654 18 20
This story talks about a mysterious world who appeared out of nowhere and no one knows about it. Now a group of friends are dragged into it, without...
Mistaken By Karsyn

Teen Fiction

137 27 11
The smooth life of a 19-year-old boy's life was going just fine until it goes into a different direction as a strange girl that is the same age as hi...
8.3K 241 27
About Austin and Ally the best-est of best friends. Now to keep them standing is there best friends because DRAMA keeps happening. Ally feelings are...
238 3 9
what happens when a bounty hunter and a criminal master find eachother, dont know? then watch the story of chara and chase as they find eachother and...