Flaws || A.I

By alicecamus

'Her eyes were beautiful. A chocolate brown that lit up when she was happy. Her lips looked so soft, and I fe... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter nineteen

116 3 0
By alicecamus

~Leia~

A couple of weeks after the night with Will, I decided I was depressed. Why? I hadn't seen Leo since a few days after I'd helped dispose of a dead body, Claire moping around over Ashton was really sad, and I really had nothing to do except go to my graphic design class, which Leo now wasn't showing up to teach. I was sick of sitting in my room, so I decided to pull a Brielle and just kind of mope around in front of everyone, just to change it up. I took my headphones and my phone and went into the living room to sit on the couch. I started listening to Katy Perry while scrolling through Instagram, liking the new edits I saw Brielle had posted. I looked up when I felt the couch bounce and saw Brielle sitting there with a messy bun in her hair and an oversized grey tee shirt on with ombré denim shorts.

"You remembered how to put on clothes when you're not going out?" I gasped and Brielle rolled her eyes.

"I actually am going out with Riley. Do you want to come?" she asked. I thought about it for a moment and shook my head. "No thanks, I'm gonna work on my latest graphic design project."

"Ooh okay. Have fun with Di Caprio!" Brielle sauntered into her room to finish getting ready. I sighed at his name and decided to text Will when Riley came out of her room. She was wearing bright pink high waisted shorts with a black shirt tucked into them, pink flats on her feet.

"Hey," she said, sitting next to me.

"Hey," I replied. "Where are you taking crazy?"

"To the mall. I need more perfume from Bath & Body Works and Brielle wants more weird band clothes and different piercings for her ear," Riley informed me and I laughed. "Don't you already own that whole damn store?"

"They have new scents out that I don't have," she whined in response. I laughed again before Brielle came out with make up on and black combat boots.

"Alright Princess, let's go." Riley stuck her tongue out at Brielle before saying goodbye to me and leaving. I decided that now was the best time to text Will, so I did.

Me: Hey.

Will:

What's up?

Me: Nothing. I'm depressed and dying of boredom.

Will:

I know tons of places you can hide a dead body.

Me: Not funny. Where are you?

Will:

You actually want to hang out with me?

Me: Shut up and come get me.

Will:

Shouldn't you be hanging out with your boyfriend?

Me: You stalk me. You should know I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks.

Will:

I don't stalk you Leia. I keep watch to make sure you don't tell anyone about me.

Me: Well you should still know that I haven't seen him in a while. Come get me. I want to do something fun.

Will:

Okay.

Me: NOT something that has to do with a dead body.

Will:

...Fine. I'll be there in fifteen minutes.

I smiled to myself before going into my room to change. I pulled on a black crop top, regular denim shorts with a brown belt. I finished the outfit off with a knitted light brown cardigan, white sneakers and sunglasses. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair up into a messy bun, letting a few random strands fall down. I finished with simple, natural make up and grabbed my headphones before waiting for Will. A few minutes later I got a text from Will.

Will:

I'm here.

I walked outside and got in a car I'd never seen Will in before. It was a red sports car with the top down.

"Nice," I commented when I shut the door. He smiled. "Thanks."

"So, where are we going?" I asked him as he started driving.

"Somewhere that other humans think is fun," Will replied and I gave him a weird look.

"Are you implying that you're not human?"

"Maybe."

"So, you're an alien now?"

"Shut up Leia."

I giggled and relaxed back in my seat, turning on Will's radio and cranking Radio One.

~Claire~

It had been a couple of weeks since I went on that first date with Louis and we had been texting a lot, and he had taken me out a few more times after that. Every time he took me on a date, he dropped me off at my house, kissed my forehead and left. He was so sweet and funny and I really enjoyed being with him. But every time he dropped me off or said goodnight, I couldn't get Ashton out of my head. Over those few weeks I'd heard that Ashton had slept with five or six girls and my heart crumbled. I guess he really had used me.

I really really enjoyed being with Louis, but he wasn't Ashton. He didn't have Ashton's dimples or his laugh or his curly hair or his smile. Louis had good things too. He was funny and he had really nice blue eyes and was a gentleman, but he still wasn't Ashton. I couldn't get that out of my head as I laid on my bed in misery. A few minutes later my phone buzzed.

Lou🙈🙉🙊:

Hey Claire, are you home?

Me: Yeah. Why?

Lou🙈🙉🙊:

I need to talk to you about something. Can I come over?

Me: Yeah, of course.

I sighed and got up, deciding to put on something a little more presentable than a tank top and old sweats. I put on a pair of simple denim shorts and a white tee shirt before pulling my hair up into a messy bun. Nothing too dressy. He was just coming over to talk, not take me out.

I left on my fuzzy socks just because Brielle told me that they were actually good comfort when you were sad. I didn't believe her at first but now I refused to take them off unless I was putting on a different pair.

I sat at the kitchen table with a cup of hot chocolate warming my hands even though I still felt dead inside. I had no idea that breaking up with someone was so hard. It was so painful, like someone was standing on your heart, repeatedly stomping on it. It hurt and it sucked.

Just then there was a knock at the door, so I pulled myself together, plastered a smile on my face, and answered the door.

Louis was standing there with his hands stuffed in his pockets, looking down. When he looked up at me, he smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. Bad sign.

I led him inside and we sat down across from each other at the kitchen table.

"So, what's up?" I asked him. Louis fidgeted with his fingers nervously.

"I want to talk about Ashton."

My heart clenched and I suddenly had this odd feeling combination of wanting to cry my eyes out and throw up at the same time.

"Okay, what about?" I swirled my cup of hot chocolate and stared into it, trying to distract myself with the swirling brown liquid.

"Claire, I really like you, okay? But I can't be with you if you're still hung up on Ashton. He's moved on, so why can't you?" Louis asked, quite harshly I might add.

"Maybe cause I liked him a lot more than he liked me," I mumbled, holding my cup firmly to keep my hands from visibly shaking.

"I like you a lot more than he ever will, so why not give me a chance?" he pleaded.

"I have," I reminded him. "These past couple of weeks I've been giving you a chance. I'm sorry Louis but I really care for Ashton. I'm not going to stop thinking about him for a while."

"Fine. Whatever." Louis stood up and stormed out, slamming my front door as he did. I dragged myself back to my room and cried. Two breakups in less than a month? I literally had no idea how other people went through this dating shit starting in middle school. Ashton was my first real boyfriend and the guy I lost my virginity to. Louis wasn't technically my boyfriend, but his break up still hurt.

I just laid on my bed and cried until I eventually passed out into a dreamless sleep.

Having a broken heart really sucked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 197 22
shaye is a sophomore in high school. she's got two best friends three siblings and four crushes .your probably thinking four that's a lot its not co...
3.6K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
31.1K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...
635 6 34
"Lucy listen to me! Everything is going to be ok. Trust me" "Calum... I can't trust you. He's already ruined my life before so how do I know you won'...