Because Love Is Not Enough

By missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... More

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 10 College Day
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 12. Reminscing the past
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 14. Be my queen
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned
Chapter 19 Creeps

Chapter 9 Family

42 15 15
By missb00kw0rm

Avantika's POV

I prepared the cheese sandwiches for the guys. It smelled appetising.

When I step into the living room, I notice that both of them are staring at me with their mouth wide open.

"Is there any problem Gaurav?"

Both nod their heads and start to laugh weirdly. "Haha, we were just talking about college and stuff. I see that the sandwiches are ready."

I quickly serve the sandwiches for the boys and myself. They silently devour it without looking at me or at each other. The dinner time passes peacefully. After dinner, we walk away to our separate rooms.

While lying on my bed, I wonder how long will I have to stay here. I think about my parents. Are they worried about me? Obviously...... I should at least call them and tell that I am okay and they don't need to worry.

I walk up to Gaurav's room to see that the door is ajar. He must be awake then. I push the door to open only to find Gaurav shirtless.

His back is facing me so he didn't notice me standing at the door. The muscles in his back flex as he pulls the t-shirt over his head. His track pants are hanging low at the waist. This guy definitely workouts. His body isn't very muscular but lean and hard in a good way. My inner goddess craves to touch those muscles but I control myself from doing or saying something which I might regret later.

The door creaked which alerted him to look back. His eyes widen to the size of a saucer. He blushes hard on realizing that he is shirtless and put on his clothes. He watches me for a while and then says,"Hey....... Ummmm...... Is there any problem? Do you need anything?"

"Yeah, Sorry to disturb you at this late hour but I needed a phone to call my parents. They must be terribly worried about me."

He told me to wait and walks up to his bedside drawer. He pulls out an expensive looking smartphone and hands it to me.

"You can keep this phone with yourself. Sorry, I forgot to give you earlier."

It was an I phone X. I looked at the phone awkwardly and replied,"It's an expensive phone Gaurav, I can't take this."

"Please Avantika, I have a phone already, this was a spare. You can use it for a while. It's a necessary thing. Don't think about the cost, I didn't buy it anyways. So take it or else I will get angry."

"Umm okay, thanks again." I step out of his room and call my parents. They pick up the phone on the second ring. My mother answers the phone.

"Hello...."
"Hello, mummy....."
"Avantika... Baby.... Where are you, child? Are you alright? Please come back home baby, we miss you....."

There is a shuffling sound and my father's voice booms through the speaker.

"Avantika..... Where are you? Are you with Ranveer? I am giving you a last warning if you don't leave that scoundrel, I will cut off all my ties with you."

A tear escapes my eyes and I disconnect the call. I started sobbing loudly but thankfully the door is closed so the boys won't be able to hear my sobs.

They hate me...... Papa will never forgive me....... What have I done!

I walk up to my bed and rest my head on the pillow. All my tears are now dried up but what about the pain in my heart. My last thought when I drifted off to sleep was...... I am sorry mummy papa.

The next morning, I woke up early and got ready. I cleaned up my room and the living room. I was preparing breakfast, Scrambled eggs and toast when Gaurav came through the main door dripping in sweat. He must have gone to running. He pulls out the earplugs and wipes the sweat from his forehead.

"Good morning Avy bear. Slept well? I think you did because I could hear you snoring all night." He smiled like a Cheshire cat.

I gave him a poker face and bit my lip to keep myself from smiling.

"Goooooood morning Gogo and Avantika. I am so hungry, I can eat the whole building right now. Aahhh God bless you Avantika, you are a saviour. Thanks, Gaurav for bringing her here at least now I will get proper food."

Gaurav scratches his cheek and glares at his brother which looked kinda cute.

We ate the breakfast in peace and after that Jai left for college. Gaurav stayed behind and started working on his mac book.

I clear my throat to gain his attention. "Uhmm Gaurav, I was thinking about finding a part-time job after my classes. Do you know any place where I could find one?"

"Yeah sure. My friend owns a burger joint, I can take you there. I think it pays well."

"Yeah, that will be great. We can go there after my college."

"Yeah, that sounds good. By the way, in which college are you studying? I will drop you there."

"Saint Xavier's. You don't need to bother, I will go by myself."

"Avy bear your college is quite at a distance. I will drop you there so stop arguing now. Please let me drop you. Anyways it's in the way to my college. It's no big deal. Okay..... So get ready now."

This guy knows some kind of voodoo magic. He always manages to make me do things which I would never do in normal circumstances.

I get ready and we drive to my college. My college is a half hour away from his apartment. The car suddenly stops and I realise that we have reached my college.
He smiles at me. "When does your classes end? I can pick you up and then we can go to that burger place."

"It ends at four."

"Great. I will see you at four then okay. Take care Avy bear."

It creates a strange vibration in my heart whenever he calls me by that weird name.

"Yeah bbye Gummy bear."

He drops me there and drives away.

I make my way to my class and find my friends Diya and Ahana standing in the hallway. They are yelling at each other like lunatics but stop when they see me. They ran up to me and hug me tightly.

"Aahhh..... I... can't....... breathe....."

"Where were you bitch?? We were so worried about you. You were not picking up your phone and now its switched off. What's going on? Your parents were asking about you. Is this about Ranveer. Tell me, you idiot."

"I will tell you if you let me Ahana. Ranveer and I broke up, now don't ask me why because I am not ready to talk about that now. I have left my parent's place because my father and I had an argument. The End."

Both girls look at me sympathetically. They hug me and I hug them back. It felt so good to talk to my best friends. It's been only a day without them and I already miss them.

"I am really sorry Ahana and Diya for ignoring you guys. I was wrong about everything. I loved a wrong person and left my best friends for him. Please forgive me. I won't do this again."

"You are forgiven. Stop crying now. Everyone makes mistakes but what matters is that we realise it soon. You have realised it and left that person who wasn't good for you. Let's head to our class okay. We will talk about this later."

"Ummm guys I don't have my books and college ID with me. I left my home in a hurry and couldn't pack anything.
I need to call my mom and ask if she can bring my stuff to me."

They both left me in the hallway. I called my mother and told her to meet me near my college and bring my stuff.

She arrived after an hour. She looked younger than the women of her age. My father and mother got married at a very young age. She had me when she was 18 years old. She got sick after delivering me. The doctor found out that she had an infection in her uterus due to complication in her early pregnancy. So she couldn't conceive after that. Since that day, my parents have treasured me like a most precious jewel. That explains their over protectiveness for me.

She hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. "Ohhh my baby Avantika do you have any idea how much worried we were? Your papa didn't eat anything and didn't even took his medicine."

I wipe her tears with the pad of my thumb. "I am so sorry mummy. I have realised my mistake now. You were right about him. He isn't a good guy. I have left him."

She looks at me with her mouth opened. "Did he hurt you Avantika? Tell me beta... I will report him to police. Your father will kill him at this instant."

I didn't want to lie but I also didn't want them to get any more worried than they already are.

"No mummy, we had a fight. So we decided that it will be best for both of us to get separated."

"You are not lying now, are you? And if you were not living with him then where are you staying at?"

"Mummy, it's the truth. And I am staying at my friend's apartment. He had an extra room in his apartment. I will start doing a part-time job and pay for that place."

"Who is this "friend" of yours? I have never heard of him. And is it safe to live with a guy in an apartment? Please come home with me baby. I will talk to your father. And if you don't want to live with us, we can arrange a place for you. You don't have to stay there with a guy."

"No mummy, I don't want your or papa's help now. I want to do this on my own. Besides this guy is not a total stranger. His name is Gaurav. He is a great guy. I want to show papa that I am not a baby anymore and I can make right decisions."

She sighs and nods her head. She knows how stubborn I am. "Okay baby but please call me if you need anything. And here take this money okay. Please don't refuse now. I will be your mother no matter how old you get alright. Okay......love you beta. Stay safe and call me tonight."

I take the money from her and put it in my bag. We hug each other and bid goodbye.

I walk back to my college and relaxed in the cafeteria. I couldn't help but wonder about the meeting with my mother.

You had a choice Avantika to leave Gaurav's place but you didn't even consider it. Why.......

I ignore those thoughts and enter my first class which was History. Our professor was an old man with grey moustaches and spits at every syllable. Uhhh yuck.... I will sit in the back seat from now. My next class was economics. Diya and Ahana only have one class with me and that is English.

I take my usual seat which is in the fourth row. Our literature professor, Mrs Gupta is a very hard working teacher. She explains us each every topic which is the reason why I love this class.

She enters in the class with a bright smile on her face which brings one on my face too. She glances at me and gives me a genuine smile.

"So guys..... As I mentioned in the last class, we will start reading Romeo Juliet. Has anyone read it before? Avantika, have you read it before?"

"Yes, Mrs. Gupta. Romeo an......." I couldn't complete my answer as someone interrupted the whole class.

"Sorry Mrs Gupta, I am late......"

I turn my head in the direction of the door to see the interrupter. I jaw drops on seeing that person.

"What the fuck!"

******************************

Hi, lovelies.... How was your day? This chapter was a little boring, I know but I had to show this otherwise story would have looked incomplete. I promise next chapter will be better. Point the mistakes grammar nazis.....

And the word "beta" used above isaindi term used for the child. It is pronounced as baita.

And the question of the day......

∆ What's your favourite book on wattpad?

And don't forget the three magical words......

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...
87 7 11
"𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 π’‚π’…π’Žπ’Šπ’• π’Šπ’•, π’šπ’π’– π’˜π’‚π’π’• π’Žπ’† 𝒔𝒐 π’ƒπ’‚π’…π’π’š 𝒂𝒔 π’Žπ’–π’„π’‰ 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• π’šπ’π’–." 𝑯𝒆 π’”π’‚π’Šπ’… π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒂 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕 οΏ½...
294 2 12
"Don't Worry Butterfly, You can't escape from me now. I am going to love you in all the possible ways. I want to breathe you, get your name drilled i...
39.8K 1.4K 23
You died and got isekai'd into the manga/manhwa titled, "Father I Don't Want This Marriage!". You have been reincarnated into the body of the 9 year...