This Is How We Do It

By athomas_1993

This is how we do it revolves around five friends on a Friday night as they prepare for an EPIC party. A nigh... More

Chapter 1: Cameron
Chapter 2: Gage
Chapter 3: Tanner
Chapter 4: Harley
Chapter 5: Shanice
Chapter 6: Cameron
Chapter 7: Harley
Chapter 8: Gage
Chapter 9: Tanner

Chapter 10: Shanice

207 10 5
By athomas_1993

Harley and I made our way to the party, unnoticed by the guys. If they saw us they would kick us out. We brougth a few party favors of our own; hoping to turn this party into an official rave, with glow in the dark body paint. The news of the party was blowing up on Twitter and Tumblr.

“We really did it.” I smiled as we walked through the side gate to the back yard. Hoards of people were still swarming into the party.

“I never thought it was going to blow up like this,” Harley replied.

I hadn't forgotten about revealing her secret, but it wasn't mines to tell. She was my bestfriend regardless of her ssexual preference. I didn't know if she liked boys and girls or was just curious but I wasn't going to ask her, at least not yet.

We saw the chaos in the pool. People were basically having sex in front of hundreds of people. My phone buzzed. I checked who it was. It was him. I couldn't handle him right now, I thought to myself.

“I'm gotta go to the bathroom,” I lied. “Here,” I handed her a bag full of body paint. “Start passing them out or something.”

“Text me when you're done.” Harley walked off disappearing into the crowd.

I walked over to the pool house but saw Gage. I couldn't let him know I was here. If he did Harley and I would be kicked out. I saw Danny about to go into the main house and rushed over to him.

“Let me in?” I stood at the sliding door.

“No one in the house besides VIP, sorry.” He smirked and started to shut the door.

“I helped set this fucking party up, now let me in or I will bring all types of hell down on you,” I snapped. I had to hide quick.

“Okay,” Danny pleaded. “I was only kidding. Who fucked up your weave,” he joked.

“Thank you.” I walked into the kitchen were I guess he and his buddies were at doing drugs. There was a big rectangular object covered up in the living room

“Take a seat,” Danny sat at the breakfast table.

“You got the goods?” his friend Shawn asked. I sat down, not knowing what was going on.

“What's that in the living room?” I asked.

“A surprise for Gage,” Danny replied as he pulled out a plastic baggie from his pocket and gave it to his friend.

“You're not going to tell me?”

“You'll see what it is soon enough.” Danny's friend ripped open the baggie, spilling out the contents.

“Cocaine?” I asked. Don't get me wrong. I've done drugs, but nothing major that had negative effects on your health.

“Yeah, you want some?” Shawn asked me as he made a couple of lines.

“No—,”

“No, don't give her any,” Danny chimed in.

My phone buzzed again. I looked at the text. It was from Rob. His text read: We really need to talk. Now! We need to figure out what we're going to do. Oh God, why wouldn't he leave me alone? I shoved the phone back into my pocket, not caring to talk to him.

“On second thought, I'll take a line.” I knew what I was doing was stupid, but I needed an escape from the real world and all of it's problems.

“Go ahead,” Shawn passed me a rolled up dollar bill to snort it through.

“Are you sure about this?” Danny tried to talk me out of it.

“One try wouldn't hurt.” I leaned over the line of cocaine. Here we go. I snorted the line of cocaine. There was a slight burning sensation and it immediately numbed my right nostril. “Not bad,” I handed Shawn back his dollar bill, and wiped my nose.

“What the hell is going on?” I knew who it was. It was Tanner. I turned around immediately, to see him standing in the kitchen with a bottle of alcohol.

“I was just—,”

“Why did you let her do a line of coke?” Tanner snapped at Danny.

“She chose to do it.” Danny snapped back.

“It wasn't his fault,” I tried to intervene. “I wanted to try it.”

“Why are you—. How'd you get here?” Tanner asked.

“Please don't get mad. I came here with Harley. She's trying to stay as far away from you as she can.”

“I don't care about that right now. What would make you snort coke?” He was furious.

Tanner was always like a big brother to me. He was very protective over me, which was a good thing I guess. He grabbed me by the arm and we went into the front living room.

“Why'd you do it?” He asked again,

“I...I have a lot of issues going on right now. I needed one goodnight, a night to escape from them,” I confessed. I needed someone to talk to about them, and I knew Tanner was the only reliable person to talk to. He wouldn't tell a soul.

“It seems like everyone is having problems today,” Tanner replied.

“I'm sorry she broke up with you. I promise I didn't know she was going to do that. She hadn't talked to me about breaking up with you, ever,” I said.

“It's okay. Do you know if anything why she would break up with me?” He asked. I knew the real reason to why she broke up with him, but I couldn't say. It wasn't my secret to say.

“No. Sorry,” I lied. My phone buzzed again. Pud it out to see it was Rob calling me. “It's him.”

“Who?” Tanner grabbed my phone. He saw the caller I.D. said Rob Lackney “What the fuck? You're screwing the art teacher. What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I told you I have issues,” I began. “Lackney came onto me. I ended it after...after,” I couldn't tell him what was wrong with me.

“Are you pregnant?” Tanner asked.

“No...no, god no,” I replied.

“Then what can be worse than being pregnant?” Tanner pondered. He thought for a while. And then from the look on his face a switch clicked in his head. “You have a disease, don't you?”

His words were sharp. I couldn't look at him. All I could do was stare at the ground. “He gave me chlamydia.” I began to cry. “I wanna destroy him, but I can't without my reputation being destroyed.”

“I—I don't know what to say,” Tanner replied.

“I don't need you to protect or help me.” I started pacing back and forth.

“I''m your friend regardless of what happened between me and Harley. And I got a plan to get him back.” Tanner smiled a devilishly smile.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked.

Tanner reached in his pockets and pulled out a set of keys. Keys of all things.

“Keys?” I said.

“Not just any keys. Keys to the high school. Being Vice-President have its various perks.”

“What do you suggest we do?”

“Give Mr. pedophile a nice message. Let's destroy his room and his marriage,” Tanner suggested.

“You're a genius!” I hugged him.

Payback was coming to Mr. Lackney. Come Monday when he walked into his room, he would have a nice little surprise waiting for him. The game plan was set; we would destroy Robert Lackney. Tonight couldn't get any better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 48 8
you love your best friend, but he doesn't love you that way. buttt then you start to love his best friend. will you all make it work? or will it all...
550 9 19
You are girl who had had her heart broken 1 too many times. You are a player but you were picky with who You didn't date the gUntil the new boy Gray...
21 1 1
A brave tale of 2 boys torn apart by war but ultimately brought back together again.
IAN By DIDI

Mystery / Thriller

258 54 34
A group of friends watch how their actions all unfold and lead to something they never dreamed of.