No.1 Hero Deku

By mangosage

This is a story about Midoriya Izuku an average quirkless kid who suddenly gets his all time favourite hero '... More

No.1 Hero Deku
Nejire Hado
Trial Of Battle
Amazing things, happen to amazing people
Trial of rescue
Heros always win
The Sports Festival approaches
Sports Festival
Sports Festival Part 2
Blast them away
Final moments
Final moments part 2

Quirk Apprehension test

9.6K 111 183
By mangosage

Midoriya P.O.V

We all stood and stared at our crazy looking sensei.
"A QUIRK APPREHENSION TEST!!!!" the whole class shouted in unison. They all stared as their sensei continued on talking.
"Yes, a quirk apprehension test, now no more shouting. Its irritating" he said as he gave everyone a mean look.
"Softball pitch, standing long jump, 50 metre dash, endurance running, grip strength test, sustained sideways jumps, upper body exercises and seated toe-touch" he said as he swept his hair out of his face.
"These are all activities you know naturally from middle school, physical tests where you were barred from using your quirks. The country still hasn't gotten around standardizing those kinds of records" he paused for second to look at me. "Midoriya as freshman representative, how far could you throw a ball in middle school?" he said.
"78 metres" I said looking at him.
"You could already throw the ball pretty far I see, but now try using your quirk and throw this ball" he threw at me which I easily caught.
"Throw it as hard as I can?" I said as I raised and eyebrow. He nodded to answer"As long as you stay in this circle" he said and pointed to the circle.

if he wants full cowling 100% that's fine by me

I thought as I pulled my arm back before...not throwing the ball. "What's wrong?" he asked as he stared at me."I need you guys to step back " I said not looking at any of them. They all stepped back and motioned for them to step back more.
Once I thought they were far enough, I riled back once more and this time I threw it as hard as I could. The throw created so much wind pressure that everything around me blew away, and my classmates got knocked onto their ass from where they were.
I heard a beeping sound and looked at Aizawa-sensei. His eyes went wide in shock as he turned the phone to me.

999 998Metres was what it read.

"What!?" everyone yelled. I then got angry at myself.
"Aizawa-sensei can I have another throw?" I said as I stuck my hand out for another ball.
"Why?" "I wanna hit 1 million" I simply said and he handed me another ball. Which I threw with 110%. It stung a little, but I was fine. Once again everything got blown away but this time my classmates didn't fall over since they stood farther away that last time.

1 001 967Metres was what it said. I smiled as I saw the 1million.

"Amazing, a p-p-pitch that went that far" a guy with a black lightning bolt through his head said shocked beyond reason. "He's the real deal" Iida said. I ignored everything else said about me from that point. "This seems fun" A girl with pink skin said. "Fun you say, ok then new rule:person who gets ranked last in points, will be judged 'hopeless' and will be expelled" he said.

"Natural disasters, massive accidents ego-mad villians all kinds of calamities can happen when we least expect them. Japan is now positively drenched in 'unreasonable' and its our jobs as hero's to reverse it all and restore reason. If were hoping for a friendly life here a Yuuei, your dead wrong. The next three years here all you can expect from life here if one hardship after the next. This is 'Plus Ultra' I expect nothing but the best from you all" he said getting us all pumped up to try our best.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw All Might from around the corner.

What's he doing here?

I wondered but decided I'd ask later.

"Now then, lets begin"

Trail 1: 50 metre dash

We all raced with each other with me coming in first with a time of 0.0001 seconds. Iida came second with 3.04 seconds, but he looked pretty upset with his time.

Trial 2: Grip strength

Shoiji went up and did the grip test and ended up getting 540Kgw. "Wow amazing" the guy who I think is name was Sero said. Mineta only said one word which made me sweatdrop. "Hot".

I stepped up to mine and picked it up. I saw everyone turn to me in anticipation to see my score. I grip it as hard as I could. The thing topped out at 10 000 before breaking. I looked up at Aizawa and shrugged. He went to a room (since they were how in the gymnasium) and came back with a bigger one. I pulled on it and it topped out at 35 000 before breaking again. Eo that was my mark.

Trail 3: Standing long jump

The guy with the navel lazer quirk made it 13 metres with his navel laser before stopping which seemed to be the highest. I did a few leg stretches before running and making a jump. As I ran I broke the ground with each step. When I jumped I ended up jumping out of U.A grounds and onto an apartment building in town.

Trail 4: Sustained sideways jumps

Mineta put some of his pop off balls onto his feet which let him have a continues jump.

Pretty smart

I said as I smiled at him. "Midoriya, your turn" I nodded and walked over to the line. Everyone watched me as I then became serious and did the jumps. The ground vibrated with each jump. I left a few crack when I walked away clocking 5899 jumps.

Trail 5:softball pitch

Uraraka stepped up to do a throw and got an infinity. I smiled and high-fived her as she walked up to me.
"She got higher than Midoriya" Kaminari said.
"Midoriya" Aizawa-sensei said staring at me.
"Fo you wanna make another throw, the one before was only supposed to be a demonstration" he said and I nodded to another throw. This time I threw at my newest limit 125%. The wind pressure was huge as it flew away.

The phone beeped twice to reveal 1 230 123metres. Everyone stared on amazement. My arm hurt bad but it was fine. I mean no pain no gain right.

Timeskip

With all the other activities I got the highest score for each one. Mineta came last. We all saw how sad he looked and decided to comfort him. Though he mostly wanted the girls to comfort him.
"Oh ya about that whole expulsion thing, it was all a lie to get your full 100% out of each of you. So no ones getting expelled" he said as we all yelled "WHAT?!?!!?!?" we all saw as Mineta did a happy dance.
"And with that its all over, your curriculum sheets are all in the classroom so change and go grab you stuff oh and Midoriya..." he said as he stared at me. "Go see recovery girl about that bruised arm of yours" he said. I looked down at the arm that I threw the 125% pitch with and sure enough it was bruised.

He then walked away after giving me a slip of paper.

End of the first day and our hero is exhausted

I slumped out toward the gate of the school, still tired from recovery girls treatment. My bruises are completely gone but it took a lot of what little stamina I had left.
"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. I turned to see Iida walking toward me.
"Hey Midoriya, how are you feeling? did you get that bruise taken care of?" he asked sternly. Almost like an older brother.

"Ya, recovery girl took care of that for me" I said as I walked toward the gates of U.A.

"You broke the record you know" he said looking down. I turned to face him with a confused look.
"You broke all the records for U.A for those activities you know" he said as he finally met my gaze.
"Really?" I said casually. He then anime fell and came back up with a big red face.
"Don't say it so casually!! breaking the U.A records for 7 activities is such a big accomplishment and you did it all on your first day here!!!" he yelled so loud that everyone walking by heard of my great ability. Some looked at me impressed, some envious and some just plain shocked.

"Ehh I'm honestly too tired to care" I said as we walked out the gates. He did another anime fall before I heard another voice. "Hey guys" I turned to see Uraraka running toward us. It made me smile for some odd reason. As she arrived her cheeks turned a darker red colour.
"Hey Deku" she said. I stared at her confused as to why she called me 'Deku' instead of 'Midoriya'.
"What? what's wrong?" she asked ehile tilting her head to the side.

Cute

I thought as I saw her do that. "Why'd ya call me 'Deku' " I asked her with half lidded eyes.
"Oh I don't know, its just I get this weird vibe from the name 'Deku' . Like a never giving up vibe" she said and gave me a really bright smile. I smiled back at her. "So you two heading to the station?" she asked us putting her hands together.
"Ya, I am" Iida said as he fixed his glasses. I shook my head, saying 'no'. "What? Why?" she asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.
"Got responsibility to take care of someone" I said as I looked at my watch. It was just about time when school would be over for Eri.

I waved goodbye to the two before they'd start asking questions. Because I just don't got the energy for that. I walked over to her school to find her waiting outside patiently. I walked over to her and greeted her before we began walking home.

Once we arrived at home, I ordered fast food because I was way too tired to cook. After eating I did a few curls on my weights before I let the darkness of the night consume me and let me fall asleep.

Next day

I woke up early and looked around the house for my contacts. Yes, I need glasses ok. Its not that big a deal.

I kept searching not being able to find the little container. "Hey Eri, you seen my contact lenses anywhere?" I said as I squinted to see. I heard her say 'No big brother' before continuing to eat breakfast. I decided I'd look properly when I got home in the afternoon. Now me and Eri were heading to school.

I arrived to class first so I decided to wait for the rest to arrive. I heard the door open, so I turned to look who it was. It was Mina, Kaminari, Momo, Kirishima, Shouji and Iida. They all looked at me weirdly.
"Midoriya you wear glasses?" Kirishima said and I nodded in response. They all looked at me bewildered and so did the rest once they arrived.
"Deku, you wear g-glasses?" Uraraka asked staring at him with a slight blush.
"Yep, have been ever since 7 months ago" I said and smiled.

Narrator P.O.V

Ochako stared at young Izuku until he smiled a smile that melted her heart. Her face became beat red with emotions. With the classes, and the already nerdy personality, he seemed so cute and adorable with the smile and glasses.
She walked away from him and sat at her desk covering her face with only one thought in mind.

He's so adorable

Soon enough classes began, and it seemed like a normal day until...
"I'm coming through the door like a normal person!!!" All Might yelled in his always manly voice. He leaned into the classroom while holding onto the frame of the door with his hands and on his toes alone.
"Is All Might really gonna teach us!?" Kaminari asked. "That costume is so Silver Age" Deku said fixing his glasses. Everyone stared at the dorky looking boy.
"That art style clashes clashes so much its giving me goose bumps" Aoyama said with his classical sparkle.
"ITS MEEE!!" All Might continued. "Hero foundational studies!! in this class you'll be building up your hero foundation through various trials" he yelled as he struck a pose letting his cape flow a bit. He suddenly pulled a card out that said 'BATTLE' On it. "Lets jump right in with this!! THE TRIAL OF BATTLE!!" he yelled out.
Everyone got excited by this.

"And to go with this first battle, we prepared the gear you requested to assist your quirk!" he said as he pressed a button on a remote to open shelves that came out the walls with marked numbers.
Everyone got excited by this as they got up and grabbed the cases with their number on it.

Deku P.O.V

I sweatdropped when I realised that me and All Might forgot to send in my design. I frowned as I called for him. He walked over to me to talk.
"We forgot to send in my design" I said as I stared at him with concern.
Realization struck inside him and he began to think of plan. "Go ask Recovery Girl if she has anything" he said before nodding and walking off.
I walked over to Recovery Girl and asked if she had anything I could use since I didn't even have my P.E. uniform.

She gave me a briefcase and told me it belonged to a boy that used to go to this school.
I took it gladly and went on my way. Once I got to the change rooms, I found out that everyone else had already changed and that I was left to change alone. I decided to change as fast as possible when I noticed that what she actually gave me was suit and tie. With the name Toshinori Yagi written inside, whoever that was.

End of chapter 3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 264 14
Among the 80% Percent People filled with Quirk, Izuku Yagi was Born Quirkless. All Might Crushed his Dream of becoming a Hero but while the World was...
47.9K 1.8K 9
Izuku was a strange child, when he was a kid he found out he had a quirk but the doctors had no idea what it was or how it worked. Because of this he...
40.9K 1K 41
In a world where 70 percent of the population are born with superpowers called quirks, there are two professions. These are heroes and villains. Gran...
72.2K 1.8K 18
you all wait with baited breath in the recovery of your symbol of peace, I too recover from the injuries dealt to me during our fight. I am the villa...