My how to train your dragon

By Akahana_9

My own way of The original How to Train Your Dragon movie! A little bit of Httyd 2 at the end. More

Introduction
One member gone
Forbidden
Downed dragon
Can't kill a dragon
Meeting
The awkward talk
Dragon Training
Dragon classification
Dragon's and Vikings
A dragon Bonding
Realisation
Flying?
Prophecy?
Author's note
Secrets
Uh Oh, look who's back?
Awkward!~
Oh Gods this gets worse...
The Beta
Hiccup
Acception

Shot down

1.7K 52 21
By Akahana_9

Hiccup's POV

This is berk.

It's 12 days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees north of freezing to death.

It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.

My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for 7 generations, but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets.

The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...

I opened the door to see a something charging at my direction. I quickly shut the door in time to protect myself against fire.

"-Dragons...!"

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings.

We have... Stubbornness issues.

I ran out the door, seeing almost all the houses on fire with Vikings and Dragons fighting.

My name's Hiccup, great name I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls.

Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

I accidently tripped. A random Viking roared in my face. "ARGHHHH!!!! Mornin'!"

I ran ahead, avoiding the other Vikings as they rushed off to their places like I was.

Viking 1: What are you doing here?!

Viking 2: Get inside!

Viking 3: What are you doin' out?

Viking 4: Get back inside!

I avoided everyone, trying to get to my place during a raid. Suddenly, I was yanked from behind.

"Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga-!? What are you doing out?! Get inside!"

That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off it's shoulders.

Do I believe it? Yes. Yes I do

He shoved me away. I took the chance to get inside before I was slaughtered.

I ran into a blacksmiths' shop and put on an apron. "Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you've been carried off!" A blonde said, trading an axe for a broken hammer.

"What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all.... this." I gestured to my skinny body.

"Well, they need toothpicks don't they?" He joked.

The meat-head with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well... littler.

See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses.

I looked outside the window for a glimpse of... something amazing.....

Astrid: Alright, let's go!

I unconsciously smiled dreamily. Trying to lean further out the window to see more.

Oh, and that's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the Twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut,  and (dreamily) Atrid.....!

Oh, their job is so much cooler, but being a blacksmith is still better for me. (Slow motion shot of the teens walking away from an explosion.)

Suddenly I was lifted up by the collar, back to the shop. I didn't need to look to know it was Gobber.

Gobber beamed. "Do you want to kill a dragon? Go! I can handle the forge!" He said hopefully.

"What?! No! I told you years ago I wouldn't kill one!" I said.

"Aw come on! You're the son of Stoick the Vast! You're supposed to kill dragons." I watched as a Viking snatched up the bola. I ignored him and led him to my newest invention.

"This is my new invention Gobber!" I patted my machine when suddenly it reacted and flung a bola out the window. An unfortunate Viking didn't dodge, getting hit on the head, falling to the ground.

Before I could mutter a sorry, Gobber scolded me. "See, now this right here is what I'm talking about!"

"Mild calibration issue-"

"Don't you- Hiccup, your wasting all your inner talents on inventing?!" Gobber asked, shocked.

I rolled my eyes, unimpressed. "Gobber, I don't wanna fight dragons!"

Gobber sighed, "Ohhhh....." I replied with the same, "Ohhh, yes."

"You sir, are playing a dangerous game. Keeping this much, raw... Viking-ness... contained? THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!" Gobber glared.

"I'll take my chances."

I'll never get out there. Even if killing a dragon is everything around here.

A Nadder head is sure to get me at least noticed. Gronckles are tough. Taking down one of those would definitely get me a girlfriend. A Zippleback? Exotic. Two heads, twice the status.

And then, there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best Vikings go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire.

But the ultimate prize is the dragon no one has ever seen. We call it the-

Viking: NIGHT FURY!

Viking: GET DOWN!

I stopped sharpening my sword and look out for my favorite thing in a dragon raid. I smiled, hearing the all too familiar screeching whistle-like sound.

Out of nowhere, a catapult is destroyed. And the outline of a black dragon was seen.

This thing never steals food, never shows itself, and... never misses. No one has ever killed a Night Fury. And I'm gonna try to keep it that way.

Gobber stops and, "Man the fort Hiccup! They need me out there!"

I waved and continued to work, trying not to cringe as a dragon got hit. Unfortunately, I didn't notice my new invention was gone.

I sharpened weapon out of weapon thinking about the Night Fury. I reached for my pocket, and took out a necklace. But this was no ordinary necklace. I smiled, rubbing the midnight black scale that was attached to the string at the bottom.

That's right, it was a Night Fury scale.

I found it the day.... my mother died.

Also the day I found out that everything Vikings knew about Dragons was wrong. Dragons were intelligent, feeling and alive beings just like Vikings. If it was wrong, I would be dead by now.

I closed my eyes, remembering the Night Fury scooping me in his paws before I hit the ocean that night.

"OI! USELESS!" I snapped my eyes open, shoving the necklace back in my pocket. I turned to see my cousin Snotlout.

"You shouldn't be distracted Useless." Snotlout sneered. "Wonder how many lives were taken just because you aren't fixing our weapons quick enough!" I sighed, taking his axe from him.

So many people in Berk have been bullying me ever since I started to walk. Snotlout was the worst out of all of them! And he's my cousin!

"Better be careful Useless," Snotlout glared, "My father gave me that. Pfft! I bet you haven't even had a single present from your father yet!"

I tightened my grip on his axe, walking over to him, my face downcast.

Snotlout snatched the axe from me, "Now I have to clean it. Since you dirty hands sharpened it. But, knowing how useless you are, it's probably even worse!"

I looked down as he left. Tears began to form in my eyes.

Suddenly I heard a shriek in the distance. I stared at the black shape falling from the sky.

I gasped, someone shot a Night Fury?! But he was miled from the ground! How-?

Mangler.

Gobber must have shot it! I scanned the ground for Gobber. I saw him staring at a captured Nadder with the Mangler in front of him.

He doesn't realise he shot a Night Fury!

I ran.

Please be safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.8K 73
A new Hiccstrid One-Shot book from me since, apparently, I can't have more then 200 chapters on my other book. Same thing as the old one. I write a...
218K 4.3K 27
Just some Hiccup x Reader drabbles :) I started this for the How To Train Your Dragon anniversary. I'm accepting requests!
22.8K 615 10
When Hiccup gets into an accident, he remembers nothing but his father, Stoick, his mentor, Gobber, the Viking teens who bullied him, and most of all...
10.2K 296 7
Male Astrid x Female Reader Sequel to HTTYD •First and third book complete and published •From the movie 'How to train your dragon 2'