INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 16

69 7 0
By Ender_Paige

Leiloni's POV

A cold breeze brushed through my skin as I saw Aaron kissing another woman. Tears started to fall down my cheeks while my face started to get warm. I closed my eyes and hoped that this is just an illusion, that I'm only hallucinating, but the moment I opened my eyes, he was still there in the park, standing on our favorite spot, not with me, but with another girl.

"Have you tried calling him?" I asked.

"We already tried but he's not answering to any of our calls."

"It's already getting late guys, we can't waste our time finding Aaron," Alexis said that made all of us look at him, "remember, we need to find Lei's dad before sundown or else those two would turn into one of those monsters," he added pointing at Michael and Elio who are starting to look pale and weak.

"I hate to admit but he's right, we need to get out of here as soon as possible," Kevin said that made all of them agree.

"Fine, let's do this," I said and all of us immediately moved our asses.

Since Alexis can't walk he will stay here inside the room with Kellie and Angel, they will keep an eye on the school bus and also to our bags. Kevin, Troy, and Elio will go to the stockroom to get some gases and firecrackers. While Michael, Audrey, Lauren, and I will go to the auditorium. We will get the large speakers and we'll put those on the stage.

As we arrived at the school auditorium, the whole place was spacious on the inside and was covered in silence that all we can only hear are our footsteps echoing all around. There are four large speakers inside and they were all placed at every corner of the auditorium. Since there are four of us we separated ourselves into two to get the speakers and place it into the stage. Lauren went with me while Michael went with Audrey.

"I notice that something is going on between you and Troy," Lauren suddenly started a topic that made me look at her and she flashed his usual grin with her eyebrows moving up and down. I just chuckled but she was too curious that she started pinching my sides.

"Alright, alright, just stop pinching me," I said chuckling. We carried the large speaker and it was totally too heavy, "that night while both of us were at the senior high building rescuing Michael, he suddenly confessed that he's in love with me." Lauren's face was in shock and asked me why I didn't tell all of this stuff to her. But I just told her that I forgot and we're too busy getting our way out of here.

Michael and Audrey were already done putting the two speakers on the stage while Lauren and I have still placed one. Well, it's not that we're chitchatting, it's all because of the distance. The speakers that Lauren and I trying to get are the ones from the backside while Micheal and Audrey were getting the speakers on the front side, that's why they finished first.

"Audrey, Michael, get the generators and try to check if it still has enough gas in it," I said since they're already done.

"Okay," Audrey briefly answered.

"So back to Troy," Lauren giggled.

"Oh, yeah, we kissed but,-"

"What?!" She was totally shocked about what I just said and the smile on her face grew even wider.

"Yeah, but we just kissed that's all," I said that made her giggle even more and I think she's having too much romantic excitement all over her nerves.

We were already done putting all of the speakers on the stage and Audrey and Micheal have already placed the generators too and told me that the two generators have gas on it.

The three boys have already arrived carrying five gallons of gas and a box full of firecrackers. I was about to ask them about Melissa but they told me that she already passed away. I was in shock and left speechless after hearing those from them. They told me that as they entered inside the stockroom, Melissa's neck was already broken causing her death making my eyes got watery. I immediately wiped the tears that started to form on my eyes and tried to force a smile since we still have some work to do.

All of us started to pour all of the gas inside the auditorium and scattered all of the firecrackers. I don't know why but I always love the smell of the gas, it's too addicting. Ugh, I could stay here all day.

After doing everything that Alexis has told us, Kevin immediately called him and asked if we should begin playing music on the speakers.

"Yes, we can't waste our time," and after Alexis has said those words, Kevin already ended the call.

"Now, what music should we play?"

"We should play Bad Blood by Taylor Swift," Audrey immediately suggested that made Elio scoffed, "FYI, Taylor is a great artist." Audrey rolled her eyes and raised a brow looking at Elio.

"I didn't say anything about her being a bad artist at all," Elio said trying to defend himself and chuckled.

"Then why did you laugh in derision?"

"Look, this is not the time to argue about that kind of stuff," Troy said that made both Audrey and Elio turn quiet, "let's set up the speakers first before we decide what music to play."

All of us immediately went up to the stage and set the speakers. Kevin and Troy turned the generators on while the rest of us set the speakers making it work. After ten minutes of setting up, we have finally made the four speakers turn on.

"So what music should we play?" Kevin asked again.

"Bad Blood by Taylor Swift," Audrey suggested again. Looks like she really stan Taylor that much. Well, no judgments.

"Look, just play any random music, I don't care what it is but just set it to the full volume so that we can lure all of those monsters and we could finally get out of here alive," Elio said that made all of us agree.

Kevin was busy scrolling through his phone trying to find a piece of music to play but I noticed that the curtain behind him suddenly moved. I just ignored it because I thought that it was just the wind but a low growling sound made all of us look at the curtain behind Kevin. I think he hasn't heard it because he just looked at us with his puzzled look.

"Uh, Kevin," Troy said slowly raising the baseball bat that he was holding.

"What?" Kevin asked wondering why all of us were looking at his direction. The curtain behind him moved again and this time, I saw a finger that was covered in blood sticking out on the curtain. I was about to warn Kevin but it was too late, a monster suddenly attacked him from behind and bit him on his shoulder making him scream in pain.

All of us panicked but Troy immediately smashed the monster on its head making it fall onto the floor. Before it could even stand up, Troy repeatedly smashed the monster on its head until it cracked open with its blood splattered on the floor. I rushed towards Kevin and he was sitting on the floor with his face grimaced in pain holding his bleeding shoulders.

"Troy help him!" I said and he slowly lifted Kevin's hand from its shoulder and revealed a huge chunk of flesh missing that we could almost see a bone.

"I'll go get my bag," Troy said and was about to walk away but Kevin grabbed Troy's shirt stopping him.

"No... we have no time left," Kevin's voice started to sound croaky and he's already getting weak, "I can already feel it inside of me... something strange... and I'm already craving for flesh," he said with a croaky voice while streaks of purple veins are starting to show up on his face.

"But Kev-" Elio wasn't able to continue what he was about to say when Kevin immediately cut him off.

"Listen to me! I am already turning into one of those monsters... and I... and I can't fight it anymore..." Kevin groaned again as his face contorted making all of us step back, "...please just go..."

Elio started to burst into tears since he was the closest to Kevin, they were almost like siblings. All of us stood up and because we can't do anything about it anymore. Getting bitten is totally different from getting scratched, that's what I noticed since all of this has started.

"Could you kids do me a favor..." Kevin said with his hands started to shake, "could you play my favorite music?"

"What's your favorite music?" Audrey asked but Kevin just looked at her with his eyes almost turning white.

"I know his favorite music," Elio said wiping off the tears on his face and started to scroll on Kevin's phone. After finding Kevin's favorite music, he immediately played it setting it to the full volume.

I've paid my dues.
Time after time.

Troy gave the lighter to Kevin while Kevin the key of the school bus and his handgun to Troy.

I've done my sentence.
But committed no crime.

"Kids, be careful along the way..." Kevin groaned again trying to resist something from inside of him.

And bad mistakes
I've made a few

"I'm sorry, but this would be my last stop," Kevin said and my eyes suddenly flooded with tears.

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face.
But I've come through...

All of us waved and bid goodbye while slowly exiting the auditorium. He flashed us his smile for the last time until we finally got out of the building. I can already hear the sound of growling and footsteps growing louder as it gets closer. And suddenly a hoard of monsters was running towards our direction.

We are the champions, my friend.

I immediately hold a grip on the crowbar that I was holding while Troy started shooting the gun that Kevin gave him.

And we'll keep on fighting till the end.

But there were too many of them, we can't fight those monsters with just crowbars and baseball bats and a handgun.

We are the champions.

The monsters were almost near us so I just stopped Troy from shooting the monsters. I looked at everyone's faces and they were all too terrified and hopeless too.

We are the champions.

I hugged Troy tightly and someone suddenly hugs me from the back, it was Lauren. Everyone joined hugging as I can already hear a sob. I guess this is the end.

No time for losers

I can still hear the growling of the monsters while the ground shakes as all of them run. Tears started to fall down my cheeks so I hugged Troy tightly almost burying my face on his chest as I can hear his heart pounding.

'Cause we are the champions.

I noticed that the growling has stopped and I can't hear any running footsteps anymore.

"Uh, guys," That was Audrey's voice. I immediately removed my arms from hugging Troy and looked at Audrey. She's still into pieces and has no bites or scratches. I glanced at everyone and they are all okay. What happened?

Of the world...

All of us turned our attention to the auditorium and within a blink of an eye, there was a sudden massive explosion inside making the loud music stop. Followed by a huge blast that produced a sudden strong wind and some small body parts started to fall from the sky.

The auditorium was now on fire and smoke was all over the place. I turned my attention back to them and asked how on earth we survived those monsters. Even luck won't save us from that horde.

"I don't know, but they just passed through us as if they can't see us."

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 64.9K 69
When a deadly disease ravages the town of Holmsley, Frankie and her friends find themselves trapped inside a military-blockaded quarantine zone. ...
2.9K 263 37
The dead have never been so alive. After a deadly contagion reduced the world's population into mindless, undead monsters, the ruins of America still...
391K 19.7K 36
When you are infected with the virus, there are four stages. 1) Your fever will shoot up and everything will become intensified on a maximum level. Y...
19.6K 920 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...