INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 15

85 6 8
By Ender_Paige

Leiloni's POV

"...I repeat a deadly and contagious virus is spreading throughout the whole city of Sirecester. If you are still alive... be careful not to get bitten or scratched by one of those infected. Because if you are, sooner or later-"

Kevin took the voice recorder from Elio and finally turned it off. It was the fifth time Elio played that recorded audio and Kevin had enough. We are already inside a room and Troy has already treated Michael and Elio's wound, Elio was scratched on his right cheek while Michael was scratched on his chest.

"I know that just being scratched by an infected could turn you into one of them," Kevin said looking at Elio, but Elio just took a deep sigh and leaned his back on the wall, "but I noticed that it took 48 hours before Melissa completely turned."

"So what's your point?" Elio asked flashing his deadpan look and sounds so hopeless.

"My point is if we could get out of this school and find Lei's father before the sun sets tomorrow then we could possibly save the both of you," Kevin said with full of hope on his face but Elio just looked down shaking his head.

"Our plan did not even work, the bus got stuck, we lured almost all of the monsters around the campus, and the worse of all is that we are still inside this goddamn school!" Elio's voice was starting to get louder and I can already feel his anger, "so tell me, how the hell are we gonna get out of this fucking school tomorrow before sundown?" He asked looking at Kevin. All of us went quiet because we don't even know anymore if we could still get out of this school alive.

"Actually, we could execute that plan again," Alexis said that made all of our attentions turn to him, "but this time, it requires a lot of effort for that plan to work."

"What do you have in mind?" Troy asked.

"First, we need to find a generator since there is no electricity. Second, we will need a lot of gas and any explosive devices or the kind. And lastly, we will use the large speakers on the school auditorium for our plan to work," Alexis said while all of us were listening carefully, "so here's the plan, we will place all of the large speakers on the stage of the school auditorium including the generator then, we will pour the gas all over the auditorium and scatter all of the explosive devices inside. We will lure the monsters by playing any loud music using the speakers. And after we lure them we will light up the whole auditorium then boom! That's the time that we will run towards the school bus and get the hell outta here."

After Alexis has stopped talking about his plan all of us looked at each other's faces.

"Honestly, that plan could possibly work," Troy said crossing his arms.

"Where the hell are we even gonna find a generator?" Elio asked still with his deadpan expression.

"The auditorium itself has two generators, the admin building has one and also the principal's office," Aaron said looking at Elio.

"That's great then! All we need to do is to find ourselves some gas and any explosive devices." Alexis said with a smile forming on his face.

"There are some spare gases inside the stockroom and I think there are still some unused firecrackers there," Kevin said making the plan settled.

"We will start executing our plan tomorrow early in the morning and we will divide ourselves into three," Alexis said that made me look at Troy, "the first group will take the gases and firecrackers from the stockroom, the second group will ready the large speakers on the auditorium and the last group will stay here and will keep watch on the school bus."

"Great! Now that's a plan," Lauren exclaimed forming her lips into a smile.

I checked my phone and it was already six in the evening. We still have some extra snacks that we got from the cafeteria two days ago so all of us shared what we got.

"So Alexis, I noticed that you seem smart, what grade are you in?" Lauren asked while munching on a strawberry flavored biscuit.

"Uhm, no, I mean yeah," Alexis nervously laughed scratching the back of his head and looks flattered, "I am a graduating student and one of the top notchers all of over the school, so yeah."

"Wow, you must be really intelligent," Angel said in amusement.

"Yeah, he really is intelligent," Audrey said while slowly taking a sip on an orange juice, "he usually likes to study about biology and knows almost everything about microorganism and such, that's where he excels."

Alexis just smiled after his sister boasted about how intelligent he is, "after I graduate here, I will take a BS in Biology course because I want to work in Sirecester Research Facility." He said that reminds me of dad.

"Our mom works there back then when... well, she was still alive, and she's the very reason why my brother got so obsessed with science," Audrey said with sadness in her eyes after mentioning their mother.

"Your dad also works there too right?" Alexis asked looking at me.

"Uh, yeah, he's also an expert when it comes to biology," I said trying to force a smile on my face and suddenly I remembered something, "speaking of biology, have you ever heard about this newly discovered organism that never dies?" I asked looking at Alexis and he seems to know something.

"Of course, it's a newly discovered organism and was named 'Mutaphoid' or most commonly called as 'the mutating parasite'. It was named as such because when you kill it and when another organism makes contact with it even just stepping on it, the muthathoid then takes the body of that organism controlling its whole core," Alexis said while the rest of us were listening carefully, "there was a video about this, it went viral on the internet a year ago, I think."

"Oh yeah! I remember!" Lauren exclaimed trying to remember something, "in that video, there were some groups of scientists from Sirecester Research Facility trying to experiment something. They killed a poor rabbit whose blood was purple-ish and placed it inside a huge glass container. Later on, they put a tarantula inside the container and it was crawling all over. But everything went from gross to deadass gross when the tarantula stepped on to the dead rabbit, the purple-ish blood of the rabbit suddenly moved and was slowly swallowing the poor tarantula alive. And based on the video, after twenty-four hours or so, the rabbit had mutated and had grown spider legs on its back. I was totally puzzled about that video they even said that it's fake."

"No, it's not fake, that video was supposed to be private but an unknown person hacked the computers on the research facility and uploaded that video online," Alexis said.

"How do I not know about this video?" I asked looking at Lauren. Seriously, have I slept for a week when that video got viral?

"I totally shared that video to you last year, when it became viral, but you were too broken that time and was too busy crying so you have no time watching that video at all," Lauren explained as memories of me crying were suddenly flashing in my mind. Well, that explains it.

"Why have you asked about it though?" Alexis curiously asked.

"Oh, I've watched a video on a camcorder that I found at the principal's office and one of the teachers on the video said that his wife works at the Sirecester Research Facility and he's saying something about the symptoms that the monsters outside have shown was similar to the organism that never dies," I explained that made Alexis' face turn serious and asked me if I could show him that video.

I took the camcorder from my backpack and showed them the video. We skipped the unnecessary parts and watched only the important parts of it.

"My wife also told me that they have created a serum out of that organism and was having some minor experiments on animals," the skinny man on the video said.

"So humans are their next target for their dumb experiments?" The bald man asked who's obviously getting furious.

"Honestly, I-I don't know, but my wife has told me about this accident on the laboratory a week ago that includes the serum and a kid."

After the skinny man has said those words, I immediately glanced at Troy and I know he's thinking about that kid too. That girl that we helped getting on the clinic.

The video continued and the teachers were still arguing about what is going on. But suddenly, one teacher suddenly attacks the bald man trying to get the gun from its grip. The gun fell on the floor and everyone was now fighting over it. The bald man got the gun and immediately shoots it to every teacher inside the office. He walked in front of the principal and pointed the gun to her.

"I'm sorry Miss Wagner, but we're all gonna die anyway."

The bald man pulled the trigger shooting the poor principal on its head making me cover my mouth in shock. The bald man then cries pointing the gun on its head.

"Maybe God has already forsaken us after all."

The bald man suddenly pulls the trigger shooting his head and falls on the floor. The video ended and all of us went silent.

"That was too... traumatizing," Lauren said shaking her head while closing her eyes.

I played the other video which is two minutes long and it started with a black screen then panning to the dead bodies of the teachers and the principal laying on the floor. But I noticed that there is one body on the floor with a scratch on its face.

"Who's taking that video?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know, I haven't seen this video too," I said as I continued to focus on the video.

"Holy shit this is such a mess."

A voice of a man on the video said but I can't recognize who it was, his voice is not familiar to me either. But the body on the floor that has a scratch on its face suddenly twitched that gave me shivers down my spine.

"Holy shit! Did you see that?"

The man who was taking the video zoomed on the body that was now shaking uncontrollably. And all of a sudden, the dead body stopped shaking but it stood up from the floor with its eyes covered in white and purple veins started to bulge out of its skin.

"What the f-"

The man wasn't able to continue what he was about to say when the monster suddenly attacked him making the camcorder fall on the floor. The video was still recording and the man was screaming in pain in the background as we heard a sound of like someone was feasting on a roasted chicken. A centipede passed by in front of the camcorder but the insect was suddenly taken by a hand that was covered in blood and the video suddenly ended.

All of us went silent after watching those horrifying videos. Kevin told us that we should take a rest because we will need to wake up early tomorrow morning so we just obeyed what he said. Troy asked me if he could sleep beside me so I just said 'yes'. Moments have passed and everyone was already asleep but I was still wide awake. I faced Troy and he was already asleep facing me. I stared at his face and he looks so innocent, he looks like an angel sleeping so tight.

"About earlier, back on the library, what I was about to say is that you don't need to be jealous on Aaron," I whispered talking to him even though he's already wide asleep, "I have no feelings left for him and I think I'm already falling in love with you too," I said but he was still wide asleep so I just smiled and kissed him on his forehead then finally went to sleep.

There was a sudden commotion but I didn't open my eyes because I'm still sleepy as a sloth on sleeping pills.

"His bag is still here maybe he's on the comfort room taking a pee or something."

"I just looked but he's not there."

I sat on the floor rubbing my eyes since I can't continue sleeping with their loud voices. I looked at who it was talking and it was Kevin and Troy.

"What is this all about?" I asked and yawned stretching my arms.

"Aaron's gone, we searched all over the whole building but we haven't found him," Kevin said that made me roam my eyes around and he's not really inside the room.

Aaron... He's gone?

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 5.5K 43
*If you have not read no. 1, this will still be readable, you don't have to, but character backgrounds will be more understood. 1st novel's name is V...
56.9K 4.1K 41
It took barely over a month for the epidemic to spread across the globe. Contrary to belief, the world didn't end with a bang and neither did it go q...
127 5 13
A virus outbreak that causes people to turn into FLESH EATING MONSTERS!! Will they survive the virus? Are there any vaccines?! Will they be able to...
Plagues By Tim Bengert

Science Fiction

7.1K 559 43
The year is 2047. It's been almost 35 years since the U.S. went over the Fiscal Cliff, indirectly leading to the world's first encounter with the und...