INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 13

104 8 3
By Ender_Paige

Leiloni's POV

Two days ago, before all of this terror has started, I never thought that a normal-looking day could turn into a horrifying turn of events. Turning everyone into flesh-eating monsters, without mercy, loss of humanity.

Slowly, I took a step backward exiting the room, staring at Melissa who's tied up on a chair inside the stockroom. Her once flawless skin has now completely turned pale, the purple veins on her body looked like it's gonna pop out of her skin. She showed me a weak smile on her face and uttered the word "goodbye" and on that very moment, all of the tears that I am holding back flowed down on my cheeks waving my hand to bid goodbye.

Kevin slowly closed the door but I still tried to wave at her until the door was fully closed. I turned around and I saw the worried and sad faces around me, especially Aaron.

Kevin, on the other hand, was too worried about the time so we decided to start walking to the principal's office. It was only a ten minutes walk from here so I hope there won't be any danger along the way.

Everyone was quiet as we walk, where the only thing I can hear was our footsteps and the crunch of the ground every step we take. Thank god there are no signs of any monsters on our way and I can already see the building where the principal's office is located. Just like the other buildings, the walls are colored in milky white while the roof is painted green.

Finally, we have arrived at our destination and stopped in front of the building. I looked around and there are still no signs of monsters.

Where the fuck are they?

Though their presence freaks me out their absence also makes me anxious and nervous at the same time because they might pop up like a ghost and attack us anytime.

I gazed at the building in front of us, it is a two-storey building and the principal's office is located on the second floor.

"We need to get the key to the school bus first, and I only need two volunteers to come with me," Kevin said as all of us stared at each other's faces wondering who will volunteer. Aaron is still carrying Alexis on his back so he can't volunteer. The younger ones can't volunteer either since they're too vulnerable. I looked at Elio but he was looking down, well, it's a sign that he won't volunteer. I glanced at Michael and he just mouthed the word 'No'. That leaves Troy, Audrey, Lauren and me. Troy, as expected, volunteered and so did I.

Kevin was about to say something but Lauren suddenly volunteered herself that made me look at her and she was totally confident.

"I said I only need two volunteers."

"I know but haven't you heard about that quote that says, 'the more the merrier,'" Lauren said very confidently that made me chuckle. Kevin just sighed and has no choice but to allow Lauren to go with us making her smile grew wider.

"Listen, the four of us will go inside the office of the principal and look for the key, while the rest of you should stay here and keep an eye for any danger okay?" Kevin commanded that made them all agree so we started to walk and went inside the building.

"Are you really sure about going with us?" Troy asked that made Lauren glare at him.

"Don't you underestimate me! I was born ready!" Lauren acted as if she was offended that made both me Troy chuckle.

As we went upstairs, our footsteps echoed the whole building. The office of the principal is on the corner of the building so the four of us started to walk faster since there are no monsters roaming around. We were already at the front of the office so Kevin immediately gripped on the doorknob and tried turning it and the door unexpectedly opened. The door creaked as Kevin slowly opens the door revealing a herd of monsters inside.

The four of us took a step back that made the monsters look at our direction. My heart raced and my body went cold thinking that they will attack us anytime. But I thought wrong, the monsters were just standing inside staring at our direction. I glanced at Troy and he was already staring at me and I think he's thinking about the same thing too, about the monster that we saw inside the senior high building.

"Wait, is it just me or is that monster has three arms?" Lauren asked with a low voice that made me look at where she was talking about. The monster was covered in blood and has a lot of missing chunk of flesh on its body but I also noticed that there's something below its right arm, it was another arm making the monster have three arms.

"Hey, look at that monster too," Kevin said pointing to the monster inside the room that has two extra arms, "and that, and... Wait, all of the monsters inside has extra arms on their body!" Kevin said with a low voice. I examined all of the monsters and he was right, all of them has extra arms. How is that even possible?

I took a deep breath and told them that we should lower our weapons, "they won't attack us unless they feel threatened," I said in a low voice and they just followed what I said.

Slowly, we entered inside the office and the stench of rotting flesh made me cover my nose and mouth immediately, and so did the three of them. The monsters just stared at us so we hurriedly looked for the key of the school bus. I noticed that there was something laying on the floor in the middle of the office, it was a camcorder, but I need to pass through two monsters before I could reach it. Without hesitation, I slowly took a step forward towards the camcorder and the two monsters were just staring at me with their eyes covered in white. I did not look at their faces and focused my eyes on the camcorder since my heart was beating fast and my hands were starting to shake. After passing through those two monsters, I finally reached where the camcorder is laying. I lowered my body squatting on the floor and took the camcorder immediately forming a smile on my face.

I checked the camcorder and still has some batteries and thankfully it's still working. I stood up and turned around and the two monsters were already standing in front of me that made me flinch and took a step back making them growl. My heart was pounding and my body went cold as the two monsters in front of me twitched making a sound of cracking bones.

I glanced at Kevin and he was standing near the door raising his hands on the air holding a key and beside him was Lauren and Troy who was mouthing the words 'let's go.' The two monsters in front of me were still growling so I just stood there without making any sound. I signaled them to go first but the three of them just looked at me with their troubled faces. I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh making the growl of the monsters in front of me grew louder. I opened my eyes and looked at Kevin, Lauren, and Troy.

"Run!"

I immediately sprinted towards the exit and three of them were already rushing outside after they heard what I said. As I exited the office, I turned back and immediately closed the door. The door was banging loudly on the inside so we started running again exiting the building before the monsters could catch us.

As we finally arrived outside, worried faces from the others greeted us. They asked what happened and Lauren started talking still panting and covered in sweat. I noticed that Troy was staring at me so I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. What is he staring at me like that? Is there something on my face or something? Before I could even say anything, he immediately took a handkerchief out of his pocket. He turned his attention back to me and carefully wiped the sweat on my face and I can already feel my face getting warm while feeling something strange inside my stomach.

"Don't do that again," he said with a worried look painted on his face still wiping the sweats on my face. I just nodded in response and looked down.

"Okay kids, let's not waste any time and head our way to the parking lot," Kevin said making all of us agree.

As we started to walk, I turned the camcorder on and there were only two videos on it. The first one was thirty minutes long and the other one was two minutes. I immediately played the first one and lowered the volume.

The video started with a black screen, I can already hear some different voices but I can't clearly hear what they were babbling about. It was then followed by a group of men quarreling about something and there was a woman behind them crying. The woman looks familiar and later on, I realized that it was Miss Wagner, the principal of our school. Then it suddenly came to me that those men quarreling were the teachers of our school and they are inside the office of the principal.

"There must be a logical explanation about all of these," said the blonde man on the video.

"Yes, the symptoms that those monsters outside have shown were similar to that organism my wife was talking about," a skinny man suddenly spoke making them all look at him.

"How do you know about all of those things?" The bald man asked with his voice full of anger.

"M-My wife... She works at the Sirecester Research Facility," the skinny man said with his hands shaking, "they, Uhm, they're currently studying about this new extraordinary organism that they've recently discovered which never dies..." The man added while the others were carefully listening but Miss Wagner was still sobbing behind them.

I pressed the fast-forward button and they were still babbling but a sudden change of scenario made me cover my mouth in shock. The bald man was already holding a gun and started shooting everyone inside the office. But Troy suddenly held my hand and signaled me to stop the video. He placed his forefinger in front of his mouth trying to shush me so I immediately turned the camcorder off. He pointed on something so I followed where his finger was pointing and I noticed that everyone halted.

I didn't notice that we were already at the parking lot since I was watching a video on the camcorder. I can already see the school bus but we didn't stop walking because we were already in the parking lot, but because there was a herd of monsters roaming around that made my heart started to race.

"Holy shit!" Lauren cussed with a low voice. There are too many of them, it's too impossible to get inside the school bus without them noticing us.

Kevin, who's in front of us, turned around and stared at us with his terrified look. I waited for him to say anything but he just closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"We can't risk our lives getting through that horde of monsters..." Kevin started talking with a low voice, "we need to change our plans."

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 5 13
A virus outbreak that causes people to turn into FLESH EATING MONSTERS!! Will they survive the virus? Are there any vaccines?! Will they be able to...
73.3K 5.5K 43
*If you have not read no. 1, this will still be readable, you don't have to, but character backgrounds will be more understood. 1st novel's name is V...
96 2 7
Your high school has become you and your peers only stronghold from the zombies outside. The students have dissolved into factions, each with their o...
193K 11.3K 51
BOOK ONE She had her whole life planned. What she didn't plan for was the zombie apocalypse. Eighteen-year-old Arryn Lycaster just graduated high s...