INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 11

139 9 10
By Ender_Paige

Leiloni's POV

Looking down, I gripped on the metal railings as my heart started to race. Where did all of those monsters come from? Why are there so many of them?

"Holy shit!" Troy cussed after seeing the herd of monsters roaming outside the building, "are those the monsters from the main gate?" He asked but I just shrugged.

"Hey guys, are you seeing that one down there?" Michael asked pointing his finger on one of the monsters, "that weird looking one," he added.

I followed where he was pointing his finger and he's right, that monster is really weird looking because of the two horns right above its head.

"Oh, shit! Is that a demon?" Michael dramatically asked but Troy and I just went silent, "if that really is a demon then my theory is right," he chuckled nervously.

"We can't conclude anything yet, we still don't know anything about them," Troy said looking at Micheal, "but one thing that we need right now is another way out of here since there are monsters blocking the way out of this building."

The three of us went silent while trying to think of another way out. If we can't go all the way down to the first floor then how are we supposed to get to the stock room without the monsters noticing us?

My mind suddenly rings a bell so I immediately sprinted towards the right-wing of the building. I heard Troy called my name with a low voice but I ignored it and finally reached where I wanted to go. As I saw it, my lips formed a smile as a sign of hope.

"What the hell are you doing? There might be any monster roaming around here." Troy said but I just ignored it again.

"No, listen, we can't go all the way down to the first floor since it is blocked by a herd of monsters, so we will use that..." I said pointing to the one storey building just beside us, "...as an escape route."

"So you're suggesting that we will use the roof of that building to go all the way stock room?" Michael asked.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed as he got my point.

"Not gonna happen," Michael unexpectedly opposed.

"Why not?" I asked but he just crossed his hands in front of me forming an 'X' while slowly shaking his head, "do you have any better ideas then?" I asked that made him stop.

"Actually, I have no problems with your plan. I was just playing the classic 'I oppose and you convince-' oh forget it, it's not even that that funny anymore," he said and chuckled but I just flashed him my deadpan look. How on earth can he jest at times like this?

"Back to your plan, don't you think that the roof is too old and rusty? I think it might collapse." Well, Troy's got a point.

"Well, do you know any other ways to get out of here?" I crossed my arms while Troy and Michael just stared at each other and no one answered, "So I guess we'll stick to this plan then."

They have no other choice but to agree since we have no other way out here. We went back to the room to get our things and slowly headed down to the second floor of the building. I tightly gripped on the crowbar that I was holding and trying to keep an eye for any danger. Troy was the one who leads the way while gripping tightly on the baseball bat on his hands, ready to swish it any moment when a monster pops up. We were almost on the second floor of the building when Troy halted all of a sudden, making both me and Michael stop walking too. I walked closer to him to look at what it was and what I saw made my heart race.

There is a monster blocking the way but thank goodness it's not looking at our direction. It is facing the other way so I took a step back but all of a sudden, the monster turned its attention to us making my heart race even more. But what made me terrified is the weird thing on its face making me cover my mouth. The flesh on its face was completely torn apart revealing its skull covered in blood, its eyes were out of the picture and what made it weirder are the mushrooms that started to grow on its skull. Some small mushrooms are still continuing to grow making a weird cracking sound like a breaking of bone or something.

"What the hell is going on?" I said with a low shaky voice almost whispering but no one else dared to talk.

My hands are so cold and my insides are shaking. Troy suddenly moved his hand raising the baseball bat above his head that made the monster growl while looking at Troy. The thing that intrigued me is that the monster did not attack us, instead, it is just looking right at us but after Troy raised his weapon, the monster growled. Troy was about to swing the baseball bat making the growl of the monster grew louder slowly opening its mouth. I immediately stopped Troy grabbing his hands, and at the same moment, the monster stop growling.

Troy and Michael looked at me with their puzzled faces but I just looked at Troy with a don't-do-it-look. I turn my attention back to the monster and it was staring at me. I lowered the crowbar that I was holding and took a step forward while the monster's attention was still at me. Troy suddenly grabbed my hand making the monster growl but I immediately removed his hand as he mouthed the words 'what are you doing?' I ignored what he said and continued to take a step slowly that made the monster turn its attention back to me.

I know that I'm being stupid right now but I'm trying to prove something. There is a small gap between the wall and the monster but it's enough for me to fit in and pass my self through. As I finally passed through the monster all it did was stare at me and did nothing.

I turn my attention back to Troy and he looks so terrified and confused at the same time so I took out my phone and texted him.

I think that the monster won't attack us unless we attack first.

Just follow what I did.

Don't forget to lower your weapon.

And whatever happens, don't attack the monster.

Troy was looking at his phone with his puzzled look while reading at my texts.

Are you insane? What if it suddenly attacks us?

He replied and looked at me with his terrified look.

Trust me, it won't. Just don't make it feel like you're threatening it.

Troy looked at his phone again reading my reply and put it back inside his pocket. He took a deep sigh making the monster look at him but Troy still stared at me and I think he's gonna do it. He whispered something to Micheal first that made his eyes widened and slowly, Troy lowered his weapon, took a step forward while the monster's attention was still at him. He followed what I did and I was right! Troy passed through the monster without it attacking him.

It was Michael's turn but he just looked at me with his terrified look while shaking his head. I glared at him and signaled that the sun is already up and we need to get going but he just whimpered that made the monster turn its attention to him. Michael froze there standing with tears started to fall down his cheeks. Ugh, he really is a scaredy-cat.

I sighed and walked closer to the monster making it turn its attention back to me. I gripped on the crowbar that I was holding and raised it above my head. The monster growled and before it could even open its mouth I quickly smashed its head making it fall down on the floor with its skull cracked open revealing its brain covered in slimy purple liquid. Does our brain really have that kind of liquid inside of it? I wondered.

A loud growling sound from below us echoed all over the building that made my heart started to race again. The sound of footsteps running started to grow louder and I think those monsters downstairs heard us. I immediately grabbed Michael's hand and rushed towards the right-wing of the second floor. I can already see the roof of the building right next to us and the sun is already up. Without hesitation, I climbed up the railings and took a deep breath. I looked at Troy and Michael and they were panting heavily while covered in sweat. I looked back at the building in front of me and it's only two meters away, I think.

"A-Are you sure about this?" Michael asked with his voice shaking.

I took a deep breath and answered, "yes, there's no other way."

After saying those words, I took a huge leap as the cold breeze brushed through my skin making my hair dance through the air. The roof made a cracking sound and followed by a popping noise as both of my feet made contact with it.

I looked back at the senior high building and I saw Troy climbing on the railings. Without hesitation, he immediately jumped and the roof was making a cracking noise again. I looked at Michael and he was carefully climbing up on the railings as his hands were terribly shaking. He glanced on our direction but he suddenly looked down that made his body started to shake in fear.

"Michael! Hurry up! They're coming!" Troy yelled but Michael was still on the top of the railings closing his eyes and murmuring something.

"What is he doing?" Troy asked looking at me.

"He's too scared."

I turn my attention back to Michael and I noticed that there's a monster running towards his direction. I immediately yelled at him to jump and right before the monster could catch him, Michael finally jumped while screaming on the top of his lungs leaving the monsters on the second floor of the senior high building, reaching their bloody hands towards us. As he landed on the roof Troy immediately went to help him to get up. Well, the roof is rusty but I can say that it's durable enough to hold the three of us.

"You okay?" Troy asked while patting Michael's shoulders and he just nodded in response, trying to smile with his face full of terror. Poor thing.

I told them that we should start walking before those monsters could catch us. Both of them agreed so we started to walk and the roof makes a cracking and popping sound every time we take a step but we didn't stop until we finally reached the end of the building. The next building in front of us is the cafeteria, it is also a one storey building but it's too far from here.

We looked down and there are no signs of monsters so we decided to get down. As we reached the ground I looked at my phone and it was already 5:30 in the morning.

"We should hurry up, it's already getting late," Troy commanded so we started to sprint since it's only a few steps away until we reach the stock room and luckily for us, there are no signs monsters along the way.

We made it to the stock room safe and sound and now we're standing in front of the door catching our breath.

Troy knocked the door thrice and it suddenly creaked open revealing Kevin and Kellie standing inside. Kellie's lips formed a smile and water started to form on her eyes. He quickly ran to Michael and hugged him tightly which looks like they haven't seen each other for years.

"Lei! Thank god you're safe, I was so worried about you," Lauren also hugged me tightly and I hugged her back closing my eyes. The warmth that I'm feeling right now melts the freezing feeling of my hands and body. I really wish we could get out of here sooner.

"What's going on here?" I quickly opened my eyes as I heard Troy say those words. I wonder what made his voice got that angry. I glanced at where Troy was looking and there I saw Melissa tied up on a chair. What the hell is going on?

I rushed beside Melissa but before I could even go near her, Lauren holds a grip of my arms and stopped me. I looked at Lauren and she just stared at me with fear painted on her face. I turned my attention back to Melissa and she's getting so pale that makes her look like a corpse, the skin surrounding her eyes are getting black and veins are starting to show up on her skin like lightning in the sky. She looked at me and tears started to fall on her face.

"Lei, I'm infected."

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 20 8
We've officially given up on this story and are moving onto another idea Thank you for the support and we hope you'll read the next story we're creat...
22.8K 889 28
Proxies X Fem Reader ~~~ Oh blood, oh blood Why must you bleed? Oh blood, oh blood Why must I feast? Oh blood, oh blood, Why can I never find an...
96 2 7
Your high school has become you and your peers only stronghold from the zombies outside. The students have dissolved into factions, each with their o...
19.6K 920 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...