Her Viking

By Jalisha_Love

Mariana moves from the U.S. to Norway, wanting to leave her old life and start a new one. Just like the mount... More

Chapter 1: Norway
Chapter 2: Encountering
Chapter 3: Chocolate Cake
Chapter 4: Invitation
Chapter 5: Dinner
Chapter 6: Dock
Chapter 7: 1st Day
Chapter 8: The Problem
Chapter 9: Accidental Touches
Chapter 10: Discussions
Chapter 11: What's wrong?
Chapter 12: Close
Chapter 13: Our Night
Chapter 14: Dark
Chapter 15: Unwantedly Found
Chapter 17: No
Chapter 18: Not Your Daughter
Chapter 19: Staring
Chapter 20: Just Us
Chapter 21: Bun
Chapter 22: Court
Chapter 23: Broken End

Chapter 16: Estephan

19.3K 539 19
By Jalisha_Love

Mariana's eyes flutter open due to the bright rays of sunshine. She goes to stretch but is halted. Kage and Mariana's legs and arms are tangled together. She gasps and tries to pry herself away from the mass of muscles. Failing miserably many times, Mariana accepts defeat and stills.

"What is he going to think when he wakes up and sees us in this position? I kind of like it..."

Kage grunts and Mariana holds her breathe. His steel blue eyes take in everything absentmindedly. Registering what happened yesterday and their limbs, Kage stares intensely at Mariana. Mariana keeps her eyes closed. He knows she is awake

"Wake up," Kage demands. "I said wake up. I know you're acting."

Mariana frees her breath and looks up at him. She begins to analyze him and vice verse. His brown locks sprawled with slight waves and curls. His relaxed form was more welcoming than ever before. Blue steel eyes like the calming waves. Half-full lips can speak a thousand words in one sentence. Tattoos of that ink stories. Hidden scars that represent hardships and struggles. Muscles that cover his true self.

"You're a mystery," Mariana says.

Kage absorbing her words. "You leave the truth unspoken."

"What?"

"You have walls built so high that by the time someone reaches the top they won't have anything left in them. You lock yourself away with no key. You keep emotions away so you won't feel pain in the end. You think nobody will understand you or ever see through you but I do..."

"What would you say if I'm scared of that?"

"I would say accept it. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I feel that way too..."

"What if I say I'm scared that you'll be forever trapped in my darkness?"

"I'll say you have nothing to worry about. I have my own. I'll help you find a way out. The darkness stays around because you let it. You feel the need to let it. You feel like you don't deserve happiness and light. You feel like you're betraying your past by hugging the light."

Kage pushes her hair behind her ear. Studying her face with adoration. His hand resting on her cheek. Emotions being written on each other's hearts.

"You're really beautiful." Mariana hugs Kage with a smile. Putting his aside his mask, Kage embraces her back.

"Thank you. Let's go downstairs. I want to make breakfast."

Uneasiness still lurks from Mariana. It's been days since the night of the phone call. Kage is constantly keeping an update on her no matter how busy he is. He's been cautious. Keeping an out for anyone unfamiliar. Also with any Mariana. Kage is worried she will receive a phone call or have another breakdown.

Kage was able to finish all his work early. Mariana hasn't left the house so far. He wanted to take her out. Fresh air is what she needs. Both stand in front of a fruit and vegetable shop. Mariana decides to stay outside and take in the view. She knows Kage is able to shop without her.

"Mariana, remember if anything, just run to me."

"Okay," Mariana says unfocused on his words.

"Mariana," Kage forewarns.

"I know Kage. Go. I'll be fine."

Kage enters the store. Mariana patient stands as she hums. Pedestrians chatting with one another. She inhales deeply. The mountains never cease to amaze her. Mariana observes everyone. Greeting a few here and there. Mariana's heart almost stops. From a distance, her biggest nightmare stands with a sadistic smile. Her biggest demon is ready to take back its treasure.

"Estephan," Mariana whispers out.

Mariana cries with a worn out heart. People begin to stare in confusion. Some halting in their tracks and some approaching Mariana. An elderly couple that Mariana has met a few times try to ease the waves of emotions. It wasn't enough to provide an ounce of relief. Flashbacks break the steel lock and cloud her senses. A headache forms and the oxygen to her lungs decreasing every second.

Mariana's eyes roll to the back of her head. Everyone gasps and rushes to a fallen Mariana. People begin shouting for help and panicking. Kage hears the commotion outside. Dropping the basket of groceries, he runs out and rams through the crowd. He drops to his knees and immediately takes Mariana into his arms. He moves her hair back from her slightly sweaty, pale face.

"Mariana."

"Mariana!" Kage yells as he shakes her body. "What happened?!"

"Kage? Kage!" Jean rushes towards in worry. "What happened?"

"I don't know 'cause no one wants to f-"

"Okay! Let's get her hospital!"

Bleach and latex faintly rustle her olfactory epithelium. Mariana feels like she is covered in cement. Times ticks annoyingly for her. Struggles of moving becoming greater. Mariana sighs in satisfaction as she cracks her eyes open. Kage sits on a small chair with his hair tangled and clothes wrinkled. Jean sits directly across with the same distressed appearance. Mariana isn't able to speak due to the oxygen mask and her dry throat. She wiggles her body to catch their attention.

"Mariana," Kage assured him.

"Oh my goodness!"Jeans cries.

Kage now stands beside Mariana's hospital bed. He kisses her forehead with so much tenderness. Tears make themselves present. Kage hasn't had droplets of rainfall for years. Brushing them away, Kage leaves the room in search for the doctor. Mariana is rewrapped in coldness once again. Mariana fiddles with the blanket. Jean hands Mariana a refreshing glass of water. The desert now replaced with the ocean.

"Mariana," Jean says. "He'll be back. He's just going to get the doctor and nurse. Do you feel better? Do you remember anything."

"Fine. I-I don't know. My memory seems hazy," Mariana mumbles with honesty.

"Oh, it's okay dear. Would you like to watch TV?"

Just as Mariana opens her mouth, Kage walks in with the doctor and a nurse. Mariana focuses on the tilted floor. She doesn't want to hear what they say. They're also making her nervous.

"Ms. Malavé, I'm Dr. Solberg. It's nice to meet you." Mariana nods in acknowledgement. "Do you know why you're here?"

"Dr. Solberg, her memory is a bit hazy," Jean states.

"That's normal. It's nothing major to worry about. Ms. Malavé, you fainted due to having a panic attack."

The rest of his words weren't functioned. Mariana begins to recall the events: downtown, Kage, crowd, fruit and vegetable shop, and Estephan.

"Estephan," Mariana thinks. "Estephan! He's back."

"E-E-Estephan," Mariana stutters out as she looks at Kage.

Kage stiffens. "What about him?"

"H-He was there. I-I se-en him," Mariana is on the verge of breaking down.

"Sir, who is Estephan?"

"No one you need to be considered about," Kage says with ice.

Kage gathers Mariana in his arms and soothes her. Traitor tears fall down. Jean signals the doctor to let them be. The doctor nods but send the nurse to check up.

"I won't let him get go," Kage mumbles. "I won't let him hurt you. My life is your life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 574 38
Megan, her sister and her mom move to Norway! Megan reunited with her BFF and she meets 3 new friends! One she might think of as more than a friend...
1.7M 44.7K 48
Kataleen has been through a lot. After being rejected by her future Alpha, she went from the shy, good hearted kid to one of the most feared rogues...
776K 25.9K 66
Sedatephobia: The fear of silence. Mikaelsons x oc Finn x oc Elijah x oc Klaus x oc Kol x oc Rebekah x oc Henrik x oc
38.7K 1.1K 16
Nico and Nina have been married for three years when an unexpected incident threatens their future together. Could Nico prove to Nina he'll always be...