Strength through emotion (RWB...

By alphafox270

Defeating Melissa didn't come without a price. (Y/N) has suffered a handicap that could potentially kill his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 8

5.1K 110 82
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

Aidan: So, the dance?

Aidan blocked a punch from Gain by crossing his arms together, he then ducked under Pain as a greave went over his head, but as he came back up he blocked the leg which swung back around, he gritted his teeth upon feeling Pain's strength.

(Y/N): Yeah? Sounds fun! I hear team RWBY's in charge of organising the event so that makes it even more fun!

(Y/N) ducked under a punch from Aidan before hopping away, Aidan summoned a white orb of power before firing it at his student. (Y/N) chuckled before using Gain to hold the orb in his hand, he reared his arm back before returning the orb back to Aidan who merely slapped it away causing the orb to explode behind him, where the Emerald forest was below them.

Aidan: Yes, fun for you maybe. However you do know it's recommended to take a date, right?

Aidan charged forward, only for Pain and Gain to drop-kick him in the face, he would've gone flying over the edge. Had he not teleported behind (Y/N) who gasped slightly before being smacked away by Aidan, (Y/N) chuckled before dashing forward using his semblance's speed to trick Aidan, Aidan merely let his black aura appear to push (Y/N) back.

(Y/N): Of course I know that! Why're you asking me?

(Y/N) punched Aidan in the face with his left fist, then smashed Pain in greave form into Aidan's back, then Gain also in greave form across Aidan's head. He smiled to himself before changing Pain into a revolver and aiming it right at Aidan's back.

Aidan: I have a feeling you'll be getting a request soon, for the dance that is...

(Y/N): What?

Aidan suddenly appeared in front of (Y/N), punching him straight in the gut, delivering a double axe handle to his head, and then disarming him of both Pain and Gain.

Aidan: Never let yourself get distracted (Y/N), it could end up costing you your life...

(Y/N): Aah! No fair! You totally tripped me up by saying that!

Aidan: Oh? So the dance is on your mind then?

(Y/N): There's a lot of things on my mind: the dance, what you guys told me a week ago, not to mention Blake's behaviour...

Aidan: Blake?

(Y/N): She's been so distant lately! Like she's trying to sneak some brownies behind my back!

Aidan: (Y/N), I don't think Blake would become distant merely for brownies, it's obvious that incident with the white fang, she's been using too much of her life hunting them down. By the way, wasn't that your mission when you fought Melissa and caused this?

Aidan asked that while poking the injured arm of (Y/N) who winced slightly before holding it instinctively with his right hand, he shook his head in response to Aidan's question before turning to Beacon in the distance.

(Y/N): Team RWBY already told me they've tried everything to get her to stop, they've told Blake to attend the dance, if she won't listen to them, what make you think she'll listen to me?

Aidan: Now that doesn't sound like something you'd say, what's wrong? You're not as happy as you'd usually be, I can tell because you're slower than normal...

(Y/N): It's nothing...

Aidan: Are you still bothered over being a reincarnation?

(Y/N): No...

Aidan gave his student a glare, (Y/N) looked away in shame before looking at where Ozpin would be: in his office.

(Y/N): To think the old me abandoned his best friend like that, I can't believe I ever did that in a past lifetime...

Aidan: You're different from her, I never met the first ever you, but I met plenty of them along with plenty of Ozpins. 

(Y/N): How am I different?

Aidan: With emotion roulette, you need different emotions for different powers. But each reincarnation has a main emotion from the 6 main emotions: anger, sadness, surprise, fear, disgust and happiness. Each reincarnation inhabits one of these six as their main emotion, obviously yours is happiness.

(Y/N): Ooh! Does that mean I'm the happiest!?

Aidan: Well, you're certainly the dumbest...

(Y/N): Stop calling me dumb already you jerk!

Aidan: Any way, you've done something different that no other generation has done before: you made friends with your enemy.

(Y/N): Huh?

Aidan: Even though we weren't there, we saw you talking with that ice cream girl and Ozpin could easily tell that just by being in your presence, she was changing, and then that change increased dramatically when she interacted with you. That's what prompted Ozpin into testing you the very next day, he believes that with your help we can not only stop Salem, but maybe even make her a powerful ally for any future threats...

(Y/N): Wait, so my mission is basically to make any friend I can find!?

Aidan: Apparently...

(Y/N): Oh heck yes! I'm already loving my new role!

Aidan: Oh, and (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Huh?

Aidan suddenly appeared behind him, kicking (Y/N) in the back and sending him off the cliff they were currently standing on straight to the forest below.

Aidan: You let your guard down again...

(Y/N): You jerk!!

The parasite watched as his only pupil was falling to the forest below, he started to think back on how he first met (Y/N). He didn't care for the boy, Ozpin insisted on becoming his teacher so that he'd prepare another reincarnation for battle, that all changed once Aidan discovered this incarnation was actually different from the others: they all wanted strength and power, this one however, he just wants to have fun and make friends, the complete opposite of who he's supposed to be.

Aidan: You really are peculiar...

(Timeskip)

Just as Aidan told him, Blake really was researching anything about the white fang, (Y/N) knew since Yang dragged him to the library where he watched Blake basically force herself awake and continue her research on anything to do with the white fang.

(Y/N): She needs a break...

Yang: And that's why I brought you along!

(Y/N): Huh? Me?

Yang: No Abraham Lincoln, yes you dummy! You have the magic to break the spell on Blake's curse!

(Y/N): She's been cursed!?

Yang: Yes! With the magic of obsession! Her curse is making her obsessed with the white fang! She needs to be rescued! Can I count on you?

(Y/N): Yes Ma'am!

Yang: Don't call me that! I'm too young for a Ma'am!

(Y/N): Yes sir!

Yang: Oh for the love of Oum! Get out there!

(Y/N): Right! Time to bring out the secret weapon!

Yang: You don't mean?

(Y/N): Oh yes I do!

(Y/N) suddenly pulls out something Yang had in her pocket, it cause Yang to gasp in shock and amazement, (Y/N) held it up high with pride at the small device which produced a small red laser dot.

Yang: A genius idea!

(Y/N): Thank you! Now! Watch and learn!

(Y/N) fired the laser dot, unfortunately he was looking right into it causing the red light to shine right into his left eye, he dramatically held his eye while falling to the floor, Yang instantly rushed to his side with concern.

Yang: Oh no! (Y/N)! Come on! You can pull through!

(Y/N): I don't, know if I can... I'm feeling my life-force draining from that sneaky laser attack, but Yang, the mission is not over, you can still finish it. For me, Blake and everyone else... promise me, promise me you'll finish this mission.

Yang: Don't talk like that! You'll be just fine!

(Y/N): No, my time is up, but, I will pass on, one more gift, to you...

Yang: What is it? I'll treasure it forever!

(Y/N) suddenly grasps Yang's hand, this made her break character for a few seconds with a massive blush appearing on her face, but she quickly recomposed herself back to her acting, (Y/N) made a sound effect of a whoosh before shaking Yang's hand with his own.

(Y/N): I passed on, my gift of convincing my friends, to you, now there's no way Blake can say no to whatever you have to say now... and remember: this world can never shine, without the friends you hold dear...

And with that (Y/N) took his final (not really) breath, Yang gasped in shock as she felt (Y/N)'s hand go limp, she shook his hand in disbelief.

Yang: No! Don't leave me! (Y/N)!

Yang pretended to silently sob on his chest to not alert Blake, but then she got a devious idea causing a smirk to form on her face.

Yang: Since (Y/N)'s 'dead', let's see what he's packing under the shirt~

She didn't get the chance as he suddenly dashed out the library with papers and books scattering everywhere, Blake grew a confused look whereas the librarian had a massive tick mark on their forehead.

Librarian: (Y/N)!!!!!

(Timeskip)

Panting heavily, (Y/N) hunched over the cliff he sparred with Aidan, he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

(Y/N): Geez, I almost got the funny touch from Yang as Ruby calls it.

Ruby: What do I call?

(Y/N) jumped high into the air while yelling like Goofy from Disney, Ruby followed his journey with wide eyes at how high he went before (Y/N) came back down, when he landed he made a massive hole in the ground in the shape of his body.

(Y/N): I'm, ok...

Ruby: You sure?

(Y/N)...No...

With a groan of pain, (Y/N) slowly pulled himself out of his hole and then looked up to see the cape wearing cookie monster.

(Y/N): Heya dessert buddy! What can I do for ya?

Ruby: Well dessert buddy, I was going to tell you about the amazing brownie cookie combo a certain bakery in vale just told me about...

(Y/N): WHAAAAATT!? TELL ME MORE, I MUST LEARN THEIR SECRETS!!

Ruby: Well, I could, but, I was going to ask you something else...

(Y/N): Oh, what is it? Do you want another bag of brownies to make with your cookies just like last time?

Ruby: No, it's nothing to do with food, it's...

???: (Y/N)!

The two looked behind Ruby to see Yang running up to the hill, behind her was a nervous looking Blake, (Y/N) raised a hand waving while his eyes closed with a wide smile on his face.

(Y/N): Yo!

Ruby: Hey, Yang, Blake! What's up?

(Y/N): I feel like you're trying very hard not to say yo like I do...

Ruby: Nope! I'd never stoop to being that lame!

(Y/N) looks down with a sad groan, Ruby smiles innocently unaware of the insult she threw at her friend while Blake and Yang shake their heads at Ruby's obliviousness.

Yang: Anyway, I completed the mission as promised!

(Y/N): I knew I could count on you!

Yang: So, do I get a reward?~

(Y/N): I got a bag of brownies in my dorm...

Yang: Nope, my reward is you're accompanying me to the dance later tonight you little dummy!

Blake + Ruby: Actually...

(Y/N): Huh?

Yang: Wait, don't tell me...

Ruby: That's what I wanted to ask you about (Y/N)...

Blake: I was going to wait until it was just us two, but...

(Y/N): What?

Yang: Sorry ladies, but (Y/N) is taking me dancing!

Yang grips (Y/N)'s right arm with a tight death grip, (Y/N) merely looked at her in confusion, suddenly his left arm was grabbed, the owner seemed to be Blake who stared at Yang with a glare.

Blake: No, he hasn't said yes to you yet, besides, I'm pretty sure (Y/N) wouldn't mind being my dance partner for the evening, he is the one who wanted me to go after all!

Yang: That was me who wanted you to go!

Blake: Don't lie, I know you were both there, after all, (Y/N) dashed out of the library earlier!

Ruby stood off to the side while her two team-mates argued about who (Y/N) was going to accompany to the dance, she nervously pushed the tips of her fingers together while looking down with a blush.

Ruby: I wanted us dessert buddies to share a dance or two...

(Y/N): Not sure what you girls are arguing about, aren't we all going to the dance anyway?

Yang: Yes but...

Blake: We're deciding...

Ruby: Who's going to be...

All three: Your date to the dance!

(Y/N): Can't I just go with all three of you? Make you all happy?

All three: No! Choose now!

The three girls stood in front of him, all of them giving pleading eyes while their faces almost closed the distance between their faces and (Y/N)'s face. He chuckled nervously while placing a finger on his chin.

(Y/N): Choose one? Aah! No fair! I want all my friends to be happy! Ooh! I know! How about I don't go with a date at all? That way I can switch between you three so all of you can dance with me?

All three: Nope!

(Y/N): Oh come on!

(Y/N) has a tough decision to make, he could make one girl happy while the other two would either get angry or upset, he started to sweat realising the situation, any of his choices are a guarantee to the afterlife. So, with a sigh, he accepted his fate and decided.

(Y/N): Ok, my date for the dance is...

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 708 30
I was your average guy in a average world that was a bit of a pain but I'm special from the rest. Because I was a king of gaming in my eyes I can bea...
26.7K 509 8
Y/N L/N, a forgotten nobody who just wants to spread joy but is completely ignored by all. His team, his family, his peers, his teachers, everyone se...
151K 2.6K 15
In the world of Remnant, there are hunters, huntsmen, huntresses, whatever you wish to call them. Their goal in their occupation is to keep the peace...
53.5K 524 17
F/N has had a crazy first semester at Beacon. Forgiving his sisters, getting a girlfriend, and being told he is chosen to save two worlds. No pressur...