DISTANCE.

By wwake-dispositionn

[fillie] ❝just so you know, you could literally write the entire webster's dictionary on my cup and i'll stil... More

intro
order i
order ii
order iii
order iv
bonus order
a hundred days.

last order

1.6K 123 237
By wwake-dispositionn

❝chapter v : broken distance❞

finn's attempt at being a good barista wasn't still going really well. not only did he accidentally drop a cup, but he also yelled a. . .let's just say, a not very nice word that starts with an f and ends with a k to a costumer who accidentally spilled a drink on him.

all in an hour.

"c'mon mr. keery! i said i was sorry, i'll try to be more careful with my actions next time," finn begged, his hands clasped together.

joe closed his locker and faced the younger boy, "fine, fine whatever-"

"yes!" finn started punching the air, "thank you, i'll never let you down again!" he bowed and was about to walk out of the locker room when joe grabbed his shoulder.

joe lowered his posture, his hand still gripped on the boy's shoulder, "under one condition," he firmed, his index finger raised up.

"why does everyone says that to me?" finn mumbled.

"what was that?"

"nothing," finn gulped, mentally preparing himself for a hard challenge.

"stop making sink and i wait and make a move on that british girl, deal?" joe commanded, his expression remained stern.

finn almost choked in air, "what the f-"

"is it a deal?" joe loudened his voice.

"y- yes, mr. keery!" finn agreed, still weirded out about what's going on. he didn't know what condition he expected, but this was certainly not it.

joe ruffled his curly mane, "now get out of here!" he pushed the younger's back.

"wait! mr. kee-"

joe snorted, "just call me joe."

"okay. . .joe," he organized his thoughts, "how did you know about millie?"

"ah, the british girl?" finn shyly nodded and blushed even just thinking about her, "sink and i talk about it when her night shifts are over. and based on sink's stories let me just say that you're really a coward so make up your mind."

finn lingered his eyes at the counter and saw sadie shamelessly eavesdropping, he gritted his teeth in irritation while the redhead just stuck her tongue out and went back to the register.

joe studied finn up and down, "what are you standing here for? get back there before i continue to fire you!"

finn widened his eyes and automatically jogged back to the register with sadie.

finn sighed, "thank god, i was waiting for a harder condition. like maybe clean the toilet or something."

"joe has a heart, finn. you can't even talk to a girl, let alone clean a toilet," sadie snickered.

finn just rolled his eyes, tired of bickering with the redhead. he collapsed his arms on the counter, his head hiding in them.

he heard the familiar bell chime, so he groggily fixed his posture and forced a smile, "welcome, may i take your order?" he looked up and came face to face with a swollen eyed and puffy nosed millie.

finn's eyes grew concern, "hey, everything alright?"

millie sniffled, "y- yeah," she nodded faintly, but he knew she was lying.

"okay," finn whispered gently, not wanting to invade the girl's privacy.

"a one classic hot chocolate with extra whipped cream on top would be good, thanks," millie told him while playing at the hem of her shirt.

"okay, your drink's ready in a while," finn gave her a warm smile, making her chest flutter a little.

millie stepped aside to finally give way to the costumer behind her when she blurted out, "actually make that two!"

the british girl handed finn additional cash, "with extra whipped cream on top as well?" he asked softly.

"i don't know. do you mind it?" she looked at him with a shy smile.

finn felt a lump in his throat, "i. . .uh- i-"

"hey, we have a long straight line trying to get their orders here, flirt later!" a random costumer snapped.

"oh, sorry, your d- drinks are on the way, mills. j- just wait," finn stammered while millie nodded in understanding, making her to way to her usual seat.

"welcome, ma'am. may i take yo-"

"i'll take this one," sadie stepped in front of the register, pushing finn aside.

once the redhead finished taking the bratty costumer's order, he finally spoke up, "what the hell are you doing?"

"being a barista. now go over there and be her boyfriend!" sadie whisper yelled, pointing at the british girl from a distance.

"but i'm nervou-"

"i swear to god finn, if you miss this opportunity i'll convince joe to make you lick the toilet."

finn made a disgusted face and was about to protest when he suddenly received a glare from the redhead, making him sigh in defeat and prepare millie's drinks.

finn bit his lower lip, "two classic hot chocolate for millie!"

millie instantly jogged towards the counter as she hurriedly grab the drinks from the boy and return from her seat, him completely not noticing that she placed a napkin on the counter.

millie span her cup around, her heart beating so fast every time she does so.

millie couldn't help but curl a soft smile at the words, despite having a rough day.

millie
whatever it is, it's going to be okay
and whatever it is, i'll still be around to try and make u smile, promise.
so pls smile? for me?
- frogface

she darted his eyes at the boy behind the counter, her realizing that he still haven't seen the napkin because he was too occupied by the costumers.

finn blankly scanned his surroundings, his eyes landed at a napkin on the counter. he excused himself and snatched the napkin, he walked towards the trash bin nearby and was about to crumple it when he noticed that there was something written on it.

after reading it, he squinted his eyes to find millie. the british girl was already narrowing her eyes directly at him, she gave a small wave to the boy, while finn was being swoon over by how adorable she always was.

finn glanced at sadie who was already smiling and shooing him away, "go," she mouthed.

"wish me luck," he whispered.

finn was on his way to the british girl, "good luck!" she yelled aloud purposely.

he turned around and glared at the redhead who's snickering, "wish it!" he whisper yelled.

finn finally made his way towards millie, his hands on his back, while nervously rocking his feet, "h- hey."

millie put a strand of hair at the back of her ear, her hand slightly shaking, "h- hey," she greeted back.

finn stood there awkwardly. millie mentally punched herself.

she gestured for him to take the seat in front of her, he shyly obliged.

she played with her hands on her lap, "please tell me your name's not actually frogface," she giggled, breaking the silence.

"oh, yeah. . .that," finn rubbed the back of his neck and laughed along with her, "sadly, nope, that's not my real name. my real name's finn."

"finn," she curved a smile at the name, "oh wait!" she signaled him with her index finger and grabbed something from her backpack, a black marker.

finn watched her with a cocked eyebrow as she grabbed one of the drinks she ordered and wrote something on it.

millie handed him the hot chocolate as he hesitantly took it from her and read what's written.

finnie

finn formed a smile, "finnie?"

millie's cheeks turned into a light shade of pink, "finnie."

the barista and costumer stared at each other's dark eyes for what felt like eternity, a comfortable silence around them this time.

millie slapped her forehead, "oh yeah! um, my name's millie by the way," she extended her hand.

finn laughed, shaking her delicate hand regardless, "i know. i've been writing that same exact name on several cups for a while now."

millie stared in space, realizing that he did already know her name, she received another laugh from the boy.

millie rolled her eyes at first, yet ended up laughing along with finn, their happiness undeniable because of the fact that they finally had way, way less distance this time.

frogface!
stop living behind the counter. let's meet, okay?
you're not as smooth as you think you are :p
- mills

end.

- ♡ -

a/n: and there you have it!

i'm just as sad as you guys are by the fact that this is over but like i said at the intro that this is gonna be really fluffy and short !

reminder !!
i'll release a bonus chapter for this book around this week ! just for you guys to have a glimpse of finn and millie outside the café ohoho

thank you for reading ! i appreciate you for sticking by with me always : )

- cali

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 12.5K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. 𐙚 | B L U E ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ 𝘉𝘓𝘜𝘌 𝘌𝘠𝘌𝘋 𝘉𝘌𝘈𝘜𝘛�...
293K 14.2K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
176K 8.1K 105
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...