After Dark

By mayennalee

"It's been five years since we even spoke to each other, and you expected me to trust you instantly when we m... More

Prologue

507 7 13
By mayennalee

Journal Entry -10th June

I didn't think, when I was a little girl of eight, that I would be living this life. Doing what I'm doing, every night.

Crime, that is.

It has been seven years since I first joined the Crime Lords, back when I was only fourteen- Gods, it feels so long ago now. I'm an adult. And ... thirteen years, I think, since I killed Storm. I believe that I might have finally come to peace with her death. And it's about damn time, too: I turned twenty-one, exactly three weeks ago.

But of course, I didn't celebrate the way normal people would  ... Instead of a massive, raucous party with the baby photos and all, I slept through the night for the first time in a very long while. After I'd eaten a chocolate cupcake, of course: a girl has to indulge occasionally.

My students at the school of dance I teach at all sang happy birthday, which was funny: a bunch of twelve-year-old boys and girls meant to be practising ballroom dances like the tango and cha-cha, all breaking into loud, out of tune song. That, I suppose, was my party.

And being nice, I let them just free-dance the entire time, and even took my heels off. I may or may not have just mucked around with cartwheels for the rest of the hour.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 13.6K 58
Name: "𝙢𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧"🔞 - اگه این‌قدر علاقه به مردن داری... می‌تونم زودتر از این تمرین‌های کشنده دخلت رو بیارم! جونگ‌کوک که گونه و چونش توی...
23.3K 996 58
When Roger, an ordinary man with an extraordinary heart, is suddenly reincarnated into the body of Homelander, the world's most powerful and controve...
123K 1.3K 26
mikhaiah
606K 18.4K 95
ဘယ်သူ့ဘယ်သူမှ ထိခိုက်စေလိုချင်းမရှိပါ