Second Snapshot (Picture This...

Von thesamemistakes

-COMPLETED -BK 3 IN PROGRESS- Business. It's all about business now. Nobody should give a single damn about l... Mehr

-Second Snapshot (-Picture This Sequel)
-Guns, filling in and encounters. [Chapter 1]
-Stupid, crazy, messed up little love life. [Chapter 2]
-Nobody said it was easy...[Chapter 3]
-An un-wanted exit never goes to plan. [Chapter 4]
-Let's argue over breakfast. [Chapter 5]
-Rain, protein and accusations. [Chapter 6]
-You can run, but you can't hide from fate. [Chapter 7]
-Just Listen. [Chapter 8]
-New Surroundings. [Chapter 9]
-Summer nights and fun fair lights. [Chapter 10]
-Pushing it too far. [Chapter 11]
-We need to talk. [Chapter 12]
-Looks can be deceiving. [Chapter 13]
-Don't be nice. [Chapter 15]
-Concealing the forbidden. [Chapter 16]
-Confrontation and late nights. [Chapter 17]
-Mysteries, strangers and suspicions. [Chapter 18]
-Broken family and phone calls. [Chapter 19]
-Operation Commence. [Chapter 20]
-Just label me. [Chapter 21]
-Force yourself through, just keep on running. [Chapter 22]
-Un-reserved regret, concern and traumatised hope. [Chapter 23]
-Feel the first time, but never let go. [Chapter 24]
-The world can be anything you want it to be. [Chapter 25]
-Promise me. [Chapter 26]
-Golden keys and black deaths. [Chapter 27]
-You're obsessed. [Chapter 28]
-Surprises & Sinking ships. [Chapter 29]
-Expose yourself in picture. [Chapter 30]
-Sabotage me. [Chapter 31]
-Fake a friendship, it's worth more than a real one. [Chapter 32]
-Overrated fears. [Chapter 33]
-Don't ever come back. [Chapter 34]
-Unwrapping Happiness. [Chapter 35]
-Teach me. [Chapter 36]
-Even when you think you are, you're never alone. [Chapter 37]
-Family feuds and suspicious sisters. [Chapter 38]
-You can take my breath away. [Chapter 39]
-Intoxication & Secrets. [Chaoter 40]
-These four words. [Chapter 41]
-Confessional blood. [Chapter 42]
-Cupcake catastrophes. [Chapter 43]
-Redheaded rumours. [Chapter 44]
-Just be honest. [Chapter 45]
-Confess me. [Chapter 46]
-Fixing the broken pieces. [Chapter 47]
-Change. [Chapter 48]
-New beginnings. [Chapter 49]
-Lifting the curtain on reality; it's the best way forward. [Chapter 50]
-Uncounted for visits and progress. [Chapter 51]
-Mr Sarcastic. [Chapter 52]
-Petty little crushes. [Chapter 53]
-Detached memories. [Chapter 54]
-Discover your weakness. [Chapter 55]
-Refusal and broken hope. [Chapter 56]
-Catch me out. [Chapter 57]
-Regulating the silent treatment. [Chapter 58]
-I don't. [Chapter 59]
-Hollow secrets & bleak mornings. [Chapter 60]
-You're fired. [Chapter 61]
-Audible, unwanted, remarks. [Chapter 62]
-Vexatious encounters. [Chapter 63]
-Mysterious Perfection. [Chapter 64]
-Trilogy Information.

-Innovation and Realization. [Chapter 14]

83.2K 612 112
Von thesamemistakes

CHAPTER FOURTEEN- Innovation and Realization.

“Open your eyes Ashley. This is the bigger picture, this is innovation my love!”

Mallory exclaimed throwing her arms into the air and flashing a winning smile for extra emphasis.

“This,” Chanel raised her eye-brows. “Is plain stupid. It’s tacky, it’s cheap and it’s-“

“You’re not being very supportive you know guys.”

Mallory was showcasing Chanel and I her new ‘job’. This, as Chanel and I had discussed when Mallory was in full on promotion mode for Bumpiest Deals on Wheels, would not last long. In fact maybe even as shorter as the last job she had which was cut short after two weeks of apparently too many poop scoping jobs and not enough cat walking time. I had tried to explain to her, that you don’t walk cats, they walk themselves. But she was not having this, fully insistent that her last cat, Dr Furball, died two years before the average life expectancy because her Mum told her she would walk him and didn’t. Resulting in severe muscle failure or as to everyone else aside from Mallory, a broken leg.

In fact, Mallory was so ‘interested’ in her new job that she had even taken to offering to work overtime and had acquired the help of me and Chanel. Using this time to promote Bumpiest Deals on Wheels instead of using the two days we had together to do something productive. Of course this, to Mallory, was productive for her as she was getting paid. Me and Chanel? Volunteers.

“Come on Ash; get into the groove of the Deals on Wheels. Buy a new hubcap, and get a pink steering wheel cover free!”

She giggled and I rolled my eyes. This has to be the most excited and enthusiastic I had seen Mallory in years when concerning the concept of work.

“You know…” She continued to sing-song. “I just think this air freshener would go great with your leather interior…”

“Mallory I don’t even use my car at the moment, it’s still in London.”

I informed her and she shrugged taking the pine and palm tree scented ball away from my face and finally putting it back on the table with the other various free-bees that she was now, failing to sell. She had the full get up of promotion. Handing out leaflets, free flashing badges, key chains, hats, and even her flashing badge had the words Hi I’m Mallory and I work for Bumpiest Deals on Wheels, wanna see how we bump? I, had tried to inform her on many occasions that this, could inform otherwise than a tacky play on words for a slowly sinking car dealership and that really, her lack of being the brightest flower in the garden was really being taken advantage of right now but she had waved me off telling me that I was too serious or something. I’m not judging Mallory because I am all to envy her motivation for such a well…un-involved job but I have a hint that the young manager, a 20 year old man named Benny, only employed her because she’s pretty and has attracted a few males with freebees that I am pretty sure weren’t only looking for the flashing badges to match her’s as their ‘freebees’.

“How much longer? I’m hungry.”

Chanel complained and Mallory frowned placing her hands on her hips creasing the no longer immaculate materiel of her red polo shirt she was required to wear.

“Guys, please just be a bit more supportive. I’m trying, okay? Look it’s alright for you, Chanel you’re at Oxford and Ashley you’re like a fashion icon getting paid thousands and I’m just trying to earn some money to get me somewhere, okay?”

Me and Chanel exchanged a considering look and she stepped forward slightly taking her best friend’s hands in here own.

“Look,” Chanel began her speech. “We know that you’re probably feeling as if you have to do something because me and Ash are, but Mallory, really, your parents are rolling in money, sweetie, you don’t have to work.”

For a moment Mallory just looked at her processing this information that we all knew was true.

“So? Ashley’s family is too and she’s still working her butt off in New York. I’m not doing this for my family Chal, I’m doing it for myself.”

She objected and for once, she actually made sense to me. Maybe I kind of envied that, how she was dedicated to doing something for herself and not her family. I wished I was, but really, the real reason I was here was because of my ‘family’ however much I wanted it to be otherwise when asked.

“Okay Mal. I get you. But really. Wanna see how we bump? You could do better. We all know that.”

Chanel told her and Mallory gave up dismissing her with an eye roll and a back turn to a client that she was happily babbling to about the new window cleaner they were selling.

“Hey Ashley!” Mallory suddenly exclaimed whipping around and flashing me an interesting type of smile. “I forgot to tell you. You remember Luke?”

I just looked at her for a few seconds and then bleakly nodded.

“Why wouldn’t I?”

I mumbled and she shrugged still knowingly beaming.

“He works here, like with me.”

She informed me and Chanel just looked at us both not quite knowing what to do.

“He…He doesn’t live in LA…”

I stuttered and she shrugged re-arranging some flashlights on the table.

“He moved here a few months ago. He moved in with his Mum.”

His Mum. Oh. Oh my god. He lived with his Dad back in London, only child he always got what he wanted, maybe a similar concept to me maybe that was why we were apparently so good together. The relationship with his Dad was always strained, his father runs his own business, a successful delivery company, Luke had the job of delivering all the rejects, the stuff that didn’t qualify as heavy enough or whatever to be shipped or on the lorries. It paid good and I suppose it’s always good to have a job within blood but the hours were ridiculously long and I would often to wake to the soft patter of stones against my window at one in the morning when he arrived back from his shift and I’d leap out of bed throw on some clothes and pull a brush through my hair before creeping downstairs and outside to meet him. We’d go to the park for an hour, or maybe down to the beach or go through a walk through the woods. Summer nights walking through the lanes with him not caring whether it was a school night or not. I was really the only one who knew and had (accidently) witnessed the strain and tension of the relationship he held with his father and how sometimes Luke could come back from a hard day at work working his ass for his father doing the job that nobody else would only to be told again that it wasn’t good enough and maybe, even sometimes if his Dad was at the end and in a particularly bad mood he would hit him. Maybe only one simple blow the cheek leaving a nice bruise by the morning that he would say he walked into the door or something. I kept on telling him to tell someone, get it sorted out, and maybe even retaliate back. But he wouldn’t have it, insisting he had a plan and he would stick it out for as long as it took until he had enough money to move to LA with his Mother and pursue a football scholarship. And he’d done it, he’d really done it. All those years ago it was just talk, things we wanted to happen but never quite knew that they would, dedication was lacking and everything was uncertain. All the credibility to Luke and everything but I never did think he’d follow through with it, his plan of one day just packing up in his father’s absence and leaving, boarding a plane to LA with a one way ticket and never looking back. Maybe it just goes to show that if Luke can do it than maybe I can too. Turning your back on a parent and their wishes for you to do something their way isn’t easy and taking the blow when they get angry isn’t either. Maybe it was easier for Luke, him and his Dad have never exactly been close and maybe that made it all the more easier. But me, sometimes I’m too nice and turning my back completely on my Mother and going completely off the rails of her wishes and doing what I want, that’s something big for me.

“God,” Mallory said wiping sweat from her brow that was threatening to ruin her make-up. “It’s so hot here.”

I heard laughter coming from some sideward direction that at the moment I was clearly not looking in but I recognised it as Zayn’s. Mallory obviously hadn’t heard and seemed kind of surprised as the dark haired boy wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her cheek in greeting.

“Or,” He chuckled. “Maybe it’s just me and you.”

I rolled my eyes at this and Chanel made some form of face as Mallory turned to face him. This was something I was all too used to but what made it even worse was that this was Niall and I last year and now, nothing.

“Mallory I’m going to get a drink.”

I informed her and she just waved a dismissive hand not taking her eyes away from Zayn as she did so and I blinked once before sending Chanel a look and making my way across the car park we were situated in in search of just a bottle of water.

Apparently, it is not possible to purchase a bottle of still water so now, here I am, sat on the kerb sipping a can of Coca-Cola which I am not even convinced is merely in date but it was cold, and I was thirsty in this heat.

It was then that I saw him again. It was only a matter of weeks ago that I had seen him in London which told me that me must have been back for something or other and like me, was now back here, throwing himself into work. His chocolate brown curls that had always been unruly however short he tried to keep them were a tousled scruffy mess underneath his red snapback and his white t-shirt was slightly grubby with what appeared to be oil stains that only got worse when he stupidly rubbed his fingers against it again. I just stared at him my eyes locking with his deep chocolate brown ones as he smiled at me clutching his own coke in his hand. He kicked a stone out the way as he carefully sat down next to me, not too close but not too far either.

“Well I wasn’t planning on seeing you here. Thought you’d be collecting coffee or something while taking some pictures.”

He teased still giving me a lopsided grin.

“Luke,” I said. “That is not all I do.”

“I know,” He chuckled. “But that’s how I like to think of it.”

I just nodded as I carefully inspected his appearance.

“You have oil on your shirt.”

I informed him and he smiled looking up at me through the hair that had escaped his crooked hat.

“Ah, still the organised perfection freak I see?”

He cooed giving me a playful nudge on the shoulder and I just smiled giving him a small nudge back.

“Shut up. I’m being nice.”

“Sure you are…because you wouldn’t get mad if I pointed out…oh wait, there still is no flaws in your appearance.”

He chimed and I just smiled.

“I just don’t see how you can walk around with that oil right there on that white t-shirt. Does it not bug you?”

“Ashley,” He smiled. “Just because you would have your whole cleaning kit out by now it doesn’t mean everyone would. No, it does not bug me. But you know what does?”

“What?”

I asked almost nervous for the answer.

“How I have no clue what’s going on with you anymore.”

He remarked me and for a moment I didn’t say anything as I considered this. He needn’t be bothered, it’s not like he’s the only one I’ve pushed away in the past few years.

“Maybe…That’s how it was supposed to be.”

I mumbled and he looked at me biting his lip.

“What do you mean?”

I shrugged this time.

“I don’t know. Maybe that was the whole point of…breaking up. We moved on, you don’t need to know what’s going on with me anymore, do you?”

He shrugged.

“I’d like to.”

“But you don’t need to.”

“Maybe it’s not always about the necessary, you have to give yourself a bit of space sometimes, allow yourself some luxuries.”

I considered this for a moment all the while he looked at me. Maybe he was right, I had been living in the terms of necessary and giving myself no luxuries, no chance to step outside the boundaries, always just taking what I needed afraid that if I took anything more than I would surely be punished even more than it already felt like I was.

“That’s…”

“Deep, I know, I was pretty proud.”

He chuckled and I shook my head.

“You’re an idiot.”

“Maybe, or maybe I’m just right and you won’t admit that you’re wrong, still.”

I just looked at him and how he always teased me too far sometimes.

“Wrong about what exactly?”

“About the fact that just because we broke up we can’t keep up with each other.”

I shook my head.

“I just don’t think I can handle that right now, nothing against you.”

“Why, Ashley. Have something going on with Irish pop star again? Because if you do, then it’s nothing to do with me. I just don’t like not knowing who you are and what the hell you’re doing with your life anymore.”

“Luke…Of course you know who I am.”

It was his turn to shake his head.

“I don’t really though, do I Ashley? It’s been a while, people change, you can’t say that I haven’t and you’re no exception either. Example, what’s your favourite colour, purple?”

“Aqua.”

I corrected him and he chuckled.

“See.”

“Luke it’s my favourite colour. Hardly the world dependent concept.”

“Ooooh still that got that ridiculously wide vocabulary still.”

“Dependent and concept are hardly big words.”

“They are when you come from our high school class.”

“It wasn’t that bad.”

“Matty Beans?”

“Okay, he had a problem, that’s different.”

Luke chuckled at this taking off his hat and running a hand through his brown locks before putting it back on and leaning forward.

“I’m just saying, that things are so different now, you know?”

“Well of course they are. We’re both living in America, it was hardly predictable. Hey…what’s up with that anyway? Are you living with your Mum now?”

He shrugged even though he did know.

“A few months ago I guess I just decided enough was enough, done my delivery round, packed up, cleaned up the kitchen and boarded that plane before he got home. Now I’m here, in and out of Mum’s place apparently ‘sponging off’, earning a bit of money and I guess soon I’ll get a flat or something and then come Autumn I’ll be back into the college years I guess, football scholarship here I come. What about you? What’s your story? Why did you really leave London?”

I was all ready to feed him the edited answer. In fact the words were already tumbling off my tongue and my lips were forming the shape but then a pang hit me. Even if he hadn’t been in the past, he was being so honest with me now so maybe I owed it to him to be completely honest back, maybe it felt kinda good, to make my Mother look bad, however selfish that may be.

“My…My Mum.”

I stuttered pairing this with another shrug. He looked at me through his hair and I knew this was going to be questioned further and maybe I didn’t even mind.

“Care to explain?”

“I…guess it wasn’t all her. Maybe I kind of wanted to get anyway, you know? I mean, everything got so turned upside-down a few weeks before I moved and maybe I just couldn’t do it anymore…I don’t know.”

“Ashley I know when you’re lying.”

He mused and I looked up at him and concluded that right now I did feel pretty transparent and I didn’t like it. How I was just so vulnerable and that anyone and everyone could just see straight through me, my past, my ridiculous love for the person I messed up with and the lies and tears I’ve shed to get here right now. What am I even doing here? In LA as One Direction’s stylist, with Mallory and Chanel in a car park for Mallory’s new job and now I’m sat on a curb talking to Luke while sipping a can of coke. Wow.

“Fine. She totally told me where to go and that was here. I was instructed to break up with Niall and I didn’t want to leave at all. Happy?”

“No, No I am not happy because it’s not fair on you.”

“You think I don’t know that?”

I asked sceptically shrugging and for a moment he just looked at me doing that thing that he does where he’s not exactly sure what to say, picks at his nails.

“No, I do. I just think that you should stand up to your Mum Ashley, why didn’t tell her that you didn’t want to do it?”

“It’s…It’s not that simple.”

“Why isn’t it?” He pushed. “I think it seems pretty simple to me, just tell her that what she wants you to do isn’t where you want to go with your life right now and you don’t think it’s fair. It’s just words, Ashley.”

It’s just words. Just words. If only that were true. Words make and break things, they write the best stories while creating the worst nightmares, they haunt you for days, good or bad, they will always have an impact. Whatever you say, however meaningless it always lingers with some reason to. Always haunting the present and future, waiting for a chance to backfire on you. They’re just words. But really, something so small, can be used to such a great advantage or disadvantage and sometimes they just promote pure insanity. The thing is though; my Mother won’t take it as just words. And maybe neither will I.

“It’s just not that simple, okay? You don’t know my Mum anymore. Like you said, people change.”

“I…Ashley she’s always been like that though hasn’t she? You have to admit.”

“I don’t have to admit anything.”

I mumbled and he raised his eyebrows.

“No, you don’t.” He shrugged. “But I think you should.”

“Oh yeah? Like what?”

I challenged and he shrugged again.

“I’m sorry if this comes across as an invasion of privacy but what about you and this Niall kid?”

“What…What about him?”

“Oh come on Ashley. I may not know that much about you anymore but I can tell that you still…you still love him, don’t you?”

He asked timidly and this made something snap inside of me. A pang of worry that if someone like Luke could see it then surely Niall himself would be able to? The other boy’s. No doubt.

“I…uh-“

“I know you do. Just admit it, even to me. It’s not going to do any harm I don’t even know the kid.”

“Luke what is this even to do with you?”

“Do you know what? It’s absolutely nothing to do with me Ashley. But out of the goodness of my heart I’m trying to help you. And yes, maybe I am slightly jealous of the blonde kid but honestly Ashley, I’m doing both you and him a favour because I bet he still loves you too. I mean, who wouldn’t?”

“The blonde kid?”

“That’s my name for him. Problem?”

“Yes, his names Niall. Not the blonde kid.”

“Ooooh touchy?”

“Shut up.”

“Seriously Ashley. I may not know you as well as he does or did but I know when you’re hiding something and you are right now. You’re hiding it from him, aren’t you?”

“You don’t understand Luke. It’s not just words; it’s a lot more complicated than that.”

“Answer my question.”

He demanded and I raised my eye-brows already feeling tears gathering.

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

“I…Yes.”

He just looked at me as if I never had admitted anything and he was still awaiting on my answer.

“Say something then.”

“I have nothing to say. You’re halfway there Ashley, you’ve just admitted it to me that you still love him. You only have halfway to go now, tell him.”

I just shook my head.

“Luke, it’s not simple, okay? Maybe life’s all simple and free for you now that you’ve moved here but it’s not simple for me. Me and Niall, we’re not simple okay? A lot more went on than anyone knows.”

“What did he give you Ashley? Why is he this special to you? What was better with him than anyone else? I’m not bashing on him, I’m just interested.”

I shouldn’t have to answer this to Luke. My ex-boyfriend who seems to ironically be right here working with Mallory. It’s not right, but then again, a lot of things aren’t any more so being the foolish person I am, I answered.

“He…He was just, I don’t know. I can’t explain it.”

“Just what? What was he?”

Luke pushed and I ran my hands through my hair busying myself with the ring pull on my can and bending it in every possible direction while he continued to stare at me, that was the thing with Luke, he was always needing answers, never liking anything to be left unfinished or unsaid, loose ends are just not acceptable for him.

“He was just everything, okay? I don’t know Luke. I don’t know how to explain it.”

“Wow.” Luke said running his hands through his hair and looking down at his hands. “Ashley Dawson is lost for words on someone, he must be something special.”

“Yup,” I said. “He is…but it doesn’t matter because everything’s messed up now anyway.”

“Nah,” He shook his head. “Everything’s fixable, you just have to find the right words and with time, if you want it to be, then it’ll fix itself if it’s meant to be.”

“Luke! Stop chatting up the pretty blonde and get your ass back over here! There’s work to do!”

A young man hollered waving Luke over and I bit my lip as he looked at me chuckling slightly.

“Well, duty calls I suppose. Think about what I said Ashley, see you around.”

I didn’t say anything back and when he realised this he gave me a smile before jogging back over to a red mondeo with the bonnet up.

I just sat there knocking my can between my fingers before setting it down on the kerb. Only for it to be knocked over by my foot and I watched as it rolled away the cool brown liquid fizzing against the burning tarmac. I leaned to the side picking it back up and feeling it burn my skin slightly. Concluding I couldn’t sit there forever I picked myself up Luke’s words still fresh in my brain and I looked over at him talking to the man who had called him over earlier. Luke laughed and took of his hat yet again messing up his scruffy curls before putting it back on and wiping his hands on his t-shirt again. He nodded before ducking his head underneath the raised bonnet and motioning to be passed tools. Wow. I guess sometimes the people you least expect to make something of their lives and follow through with their ambitions are the ones that always seem to. Maybe he’s not earning thousands but he is one thing I’d love to be again, happy.

As I was about to make my way back inside in search for a half decent vending machine I collided with Zayn rounding the corner and he smiled at me placing his hands on my shoulders.

“Ashley! Just the one I’m looking for.”

“What?”

I raised my eye-brows hoping this was not indeed, one of Mallory’s backfire plans to completely fail at the lousy attempt to improve my life.

“Don’t ask questions. Just roll with it.”

“Roll…with what?”

I asked giving him a questioning look.

“You’ll find out. I’m on Mallory orders okay?”

“Mallory’s orders.”

I echoed and he nodded smiling at me.

“Yep. Now come along Dawson.”

“I don’t think so Malik.”

“Please?”

He tried and I shook my head folding my arms over my chest.

“No. Just tell me.”

“Fine, they’re setting you up.”

“Setting…me….up?”

I choked and he nodded.

“Yep.”

“And you’re…okay with this?”

“I kinda have to be. It’s Mallory Ash.”

When I didn’t reply he continued reading my thoughts.

“I know what you’re thinking and I don’t agree either. If you should be set up with anyone it should be Niall, I mean you two are perfect and-“

“Shut up.”

“What? No.”

“Can you just stop brining him up all the time?”

“Ashley you live with him. You can’t not bring him up. I know you had a great time at the fair the other day so what’s changed now?”

“What happened at the fair is nothing to do with you and it’s history.”

“Ooooh something naughty happen?”

“What? No!  Zayn just shut up.”

“Freaking talk it out with him then!”

“Zayn you can’t just tell me to ‘freaking talk it out with him’! Don’t you realise it’s a two way thing?”

“Oh I bloody well know it’s a two way thing and all I’ve heard for the past year is Niall’s side and Ashley it’s not freaking pretty, just talk it out, I know you both want to!”

“Why are you having a go at me?!”

“Ashley.” He sighed. “I’m not having a go at you. It’s just frustrating to have you both there so oblivious to each other’s feelings. It’s frustrating, okay? Just…consider talking about something that could make you some progress with him?”

“You’re telling me this yet you’re the one who’s insisting on setting me up for tonight? Mm you make sense.”

“More sense than you and Niall ignoring each other do.”

“We’re not ignoring each other.”

I mumbled and he raised his eye-brows.

“It’s not like we have a choice is it?”

“What? Claire?”

He asked.

“She watches our every move Zayn. We’re not even allowed to sit next to each other.”

“Bull shit. Ignore her.”

“Bit hard when she’s always there.”

I rolled my eyes and he just shrugged.

“Whatever, I’m not going to argue with you about it, you’ll come to your sense eventually. Now let’s just go.”

“Where?”

“Shopping, duh!”

-

Three hours later and I was balancing two very large Top Shop bags on either arm and Zayn was carrying the rest, he insisted and he’s a lot stronger than me.

“Let’s go get a drink or something. I’m parched.”

I almost laughed at his choice of words and he just smiled as we crashed into the nearest Starbucks.

“OH MY GOD THAT’S ZAYN MALIK!”

A female voice squeaked.

“And that’s Ashley Dawson! Oh my god her and Zayn are together, what happened to Nashley?!”

Shit.

I sent Zayn a desperate look and he rolled his eyes pushing me to the nearest booth as I slid out of sight.

“Yeah Ash,” Zayn chuckled as he slid down opposite me keeping his head down as he arranged the bags at our feet. “What did happen to Nashley?”

“Shut up, you’re not the tabloids.”

“I’m not…Or am I?”

He wiggled his eye-brows and I just rolled my eyes as I sunk back into my seat.

“You have fans.”

I observed at the ever growing group of girls outside the windows pressing their faces to them.

“So do you and Niall.”

He pointed out and I followed his gaze to someone holding a piece of paper.

Ash&Nialler 4EVA ASHLEY GET BACK WITH NIALL!

“They present a very valid argument.”

Zayn shrugged and I narrowed my eyes.

“Will you stop going on?”

“No, probably not until you finally at least talk things out with him.”

I sighed mixing my straw around in my frap.

“You and Niall used to live off of Starbucks whenever you went shopping.”

Zayn remarked causally and I raised my eye-brows and he just shrugged again.

“Well you did.”

“You’re really not helping me prepare for a date today Zayn if you’re going to fill me up with stuff about Niall.”

“Maybe that’s what you need, make you realise.”

When I just looked at him he sighed.

“Okay, fine. Wanna take a trip to Victoria’s Secret and we’ll get you some sexy lingerie?”

“Zayn!”

“Calm down. I’m joking, I’m joking.”

“Although,” He wiggled his eye-brows. “If you want to then…Nah I’m joking. Eat up now Miss Dawson, you need it.”

“Do not.”

“Do too.”

“I know what’s going on Ashley. You can’t deny.”

“Can we just go back now?”

“Eat that and yes, we will.”

Rolling my eyes I didn’t allow my mind to ponder any longer as I shoved the muffin into my mouth cringing a bit at the sticky sweetness of it as I gulped it down and he smiled at me.

“Good, now let’s go out back.”

I picked up my bags and followed his lead weaving in and out of the tables and out the back door. We raced down a few lanes and after walking for about another half hour we were back.

“Hey you guys! How’d it go?”

Mallory sing songed as soon as we entered the doors of the apartment her and Chanel were staying in for their trip in America.

“Terrible.”

I heaved a sigh chucking the bags down.

“Brilliant.”

Zayn grinned putting the other’s down and Mallory pulled a confused look placing her hands on her hips.

“Well that’s just lovely that you’re so enthusiastic Ashley.”

Mallory pouted and I just shrugged.

“You could have told me.”

“But I didn’t you see. I figured that it’d be good to distract you with or something, well, whatever. Come along I’m doing your make-up!”

As she was dragging me into the bedroom we abruptly stopped as Zayn’s phone blared out and he smirked as he pressed it to his ear.

“Hello?...What? Wait, slow down. What?”

He said into the phone and Mallory raised her eye-brows mouthing a who it is. Zayn pressed the speaker to his top.

“Niall.”

He said sending a suggestive grin my way and I grimaced slightly.

“What? No. No she’s not, she’s got a d-ate.”

Mallory smacked his arm at this point giving him a look which only I could read.

“Sure, I’ll tell her you called…Alright mate see you later.”

And with that he ended the call.

“Do not tell me…” Mallory taunted. “That Niall just called asking for Ashley and you just told him that she has a date?”

“Uhh…maybe?”

“You are the dumbest person I know.”

“What? You’re the one who wants to set Ashley up for tonight…”

Zayn protested and Mallory sighed placing a hand on her hip.

“Hello? And I thought I was stupid. I’m not expecting her to like the guy, it’s a realization exercise, to make her realise how much Niall still means to her. Duh!”

That was the thing about Mallory, her intellect level had never really sky rocketed but she was educated in the areas that were important to her, and maybe that, was all that mattered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N.

hi

lol right so I have some art hw and I have to draw an animal of aborginal art lol google images and tracing here we come(y)

omfg it's actually sunny today. We've been flooding here like seriously so many roads have been shut and the sky man who came to sort our TV yesterday was like two hours late cus he was on the wrong side of the floods oh

it's july wooo

the next chapteer, things are gonna start heating up;p

Tomorrow I'll be uploading between half six and half seven PM GMT:)

cus Ich habe sehr langweilig schule

bit of german

right see you tomorrow.

-Emily.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

14.3M 95K 84
[ (BK 1) -COMPLETED -BK 3 IN PROGRESS- (CURRENTLY EDITING) ] Ashley Dawson has spent her life living in the shadow of her pop-star sister Ellie Dawso...
1.7K 66 24
DON'T READ! IT'S BAD. JUST A WARNING..... How it starts: A dream relationship? Literally. She dreams about a boy, a boy she doesn't know. And every...
481K 23.4K 45
~|How can you break something that's already broken?|~ "You've already taken eveything from me, what more could you possibly want?!" "You. I fuck...
1.8K 73 42
Catherine has a difficult time with relationships; none have worked out because the guys were either dared to ask her out or they cheated on her. Whe...