A Spark of Hope [BNHA x Male...

By asdhfhddhgkff

A boy who can't express emotions and a class full of people who never stop- recipe for disaster or something... More

[chapter 1]
[chapter 2]
[chapter 3]
[chapter 4]
[chapter 5]
[chapter 6]
[chapter 7]
[A/N- love interests]
[chapter 8]
[chapter 9]
[chapter 11]
[chapter 12]
[chapter 13]
[chapter 14]
[chapter 15]
[chapter 16]
[A/N]
[chapter 17]
[ chapter 18 ]

[chapter 10]

14K 569 661
By asdhfhddhgkff

//just putting ^ there bc that was literally all of u when i asked if i should kill aleksei off in that A/N lmao i was laughing so fuckin hard at ur comments tbh//

//also oof after 9 chapters ur finally talking to the actual characters from the fuckinf show im sorry//

You assumed your class would be back in the dorms by now, so you made your way over there as quickly as you could on foot. You could have used your quirk on any other day, but because of your reckless use of energy you were left fatigued with just enough strength to walk across campus. By the time you reached the entrance of your dorm building your legs were ready to give out and you were nearly shaking with exhaustion, but you knew you needed to try and explain yourself to your classmates, even if this was essentially going to be your first full conversation with them.

Entering the first floor, you noticed everyone was either in the living room or kitchen areas doing their own thing, though everyone's attention was brought to you when you let the door shut. You shifted under everyone's gaze, and they grew increasingly nervous under yours. 'I have to do this,' you reminded yourself, beginning the walk towards the couch that seemed to take longer than what you remembered. You had to apologise to Bakugou first.

"Bakugou-san," you called out, standing behind the couch with your hand resting next to his head. He turned and met you with a glare.

"What?" He snapped out with a snarl. It wasn't his usual angry shout like you'd seen him doing practically the entire day- this was low, quiet and full of malice. You suddenly felt even more nervous than before.

"I- I wanted to apologise for what you had to see earlier... I promise it wasn't what it looked like," you said softly, earning only a growl from him as he turned and leaned over the back of the couch, his face towering above you.

"Oh? Cause it looked like you attacking a bunch of students." He glared furiously at you. You swallowed and stepped back a little as other people started questioning what he was talking about.

"That's not the whole story, I swear. I'd never-"

"What? You'd never attack a bunch of students? That's fucking interesting, weren't you the one preventing us from calling for help during the USJ attack? You're half the reason Aizawa-sensei's covered head to fucking foot in bandages!" Bakugou was starting to get louder- you knew he was going to come for you if you didn't diffuse him quickly.

"I'm sorry, but I had no choice during the USJ attack. I was following orders so I didn't die, just like everyone else from Krovnyy-Dom. As for the students, I didn't do that for no reas-"

"I don't give a fuck if you were 'following orders'! If following orders is more important to you than someone's life, maybe you should've just let yourself fucking die!" You really weren't getting anywhere with him. You wondered if he was always like this? As for the death threat, it didn't really phase you. It was one thing to tell someone to die and another thing to actually do it, so you told yourself not to get concerned until he launched himself off that couch to kill you.

"W-woah, man. I think you're going a little overboard. Just let him explain-" The redhead perked up, trying to calm Bakugou down, only to be cut off by the same person.

"Shut up, shitty hair!" You sighed. You'd have to be a bit more forceful if you were going to get through to him- acting all meek wasn't going to get you anywhere. You just weren't entirely sure how to be 'forceful'. Maybe you could... Channel Vik? Yeah, put yourself in Vik's shoes, what would she do? Probably kill him. Alright, what would Vik do if she was slightly more calm and collected?

"Listen, Bakugou," you raised your voice slightly, earning his attention through another glare. "First off, even if I didn't block out the signal, they would've found some other way to do it, so it's not like I was the be all and end all for that mission. Secondly, if I refused to help they would've just activated a chip I had in my neck at the time," you pulled down your collar slightly to reveal a large scar where the implant used to be. "One press of a button and a needle would've pierced a nerve connected to an artery that controlled the blood flow to my brain. I couldn't rebel while I had the chip in because they would've killed me at the first sign of resistance. Shut up." You interrupted him before he even had the chance to speak when he began opening his mouth again. "Thirdly, I let off a burst of electrical energy because some guy had me against a wall by my throat. He was choking me out because I was a villain and nobody was doing anything to stop him, so I got myself out. That's my explanation." You let out a heavy sigh after you were done- seeing that Bakugou was left speechless for a moment. You kind of liked being forceful if this was the outcome.

"Wait, that guy was doing what?" The redhead leaned in closer, a look of concern suddenly evident on his face.

"Oh, I tried to get back into class and some guy started strangling me." You shrugged nonchalantly.

"Because you were in the USJ attack?" He asked, to which you nodded. "That's awful! And that guy's probably in the hero course, too..." A few people nodded with him. This was... A surprising turn of events.

"Didn't Nedzu specifically say he didn't want any actions like that directed towards the new students?" A girl with headphone plugs dangling off of her earlobes commented, earning more nods and agreements. You waved them off.

"It's fine, we saw it coming anyway." Redhead raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Like you expected it? That's kinda sad, man, you shouldn't have to expect stuff like that. Especially in Yuuei." You shook your head.

"Not like that. One of the girls from Krovnyy is a prophet. She told us all at lunch that we'd be attacked in some way- mine just didn't happen the way it was supposed to, so I got caught off guard." A few people commented on how handy her quirk was, to which you agreed. It was a cool quirk.

"But still, you shouldn't have to put up with that! Next time something like that happens, I'll beat 'em up for you!" Redhead gave you a large smile and gestured his thumb towards himself. You felt your cheeks flush- people outside of Krovnyy never stood up for you, this was... Weird. Nice, but weird.

"Thank you, uh..." You paused, realising you still didn't know his name. He caught on quickly and sent you another smile.

"Kirishima! You can call me Kiri if you want, though." You nodded, before he started scooting over a little bit, making a space between him and Bakugou. "Come sit! We all wanna get to know you, really." Honestly, you wanted to refuse and go take another fifty minute shower, but you'd be worse than a murderer if you refused that angel's smile, so you obliged and hopped over the back of the couch. Bakugou edged away from you distastefully, but you paid him no mind and turned to Kirishima.

"Well, what did you want to know?" You asked, pulling your knees up to your chest.

"Oh, what's Krovnyy-Dom? You've mentioned it a couple times now." Mina perked up, raising her hand like a kid.

"It's labelled as a training institute for villain youth. Villains usually place their kids in there when their quirks manifest and then get them when they reach adulthood."

"Were your parents villains, then?" You shrugged.

"No idea. I was born in the institute and there are no records of my parents anywhere." Kirishima placed his hand on your shoulder and moved it to your back, rubbing it soothingly.

"I'm sorry, man." He apologised. The tone of his voice was sad, but the only thing you could focus on was his hand. The sudden human contact was making you flushed for some stupid reason. You'd just have to take more shower to simulate human warmth so you could... 'Get used to it'. Not that you just wanted more showers.

"It's alright. I've never really had a need for them anyways."

"So if you don't have a family, does that mean you don't have a name?" Someone perked up.

"I don't have a surname, but I gave myself a name yesterday... I quite like it..." Bakugou suddenly cackled loudly next to you. It reminded you of Vik, in a way.

"The idiot probably saw it on a magazine cover or something." He mocked, before grabbing the remote and turning the TV on. You sunk into the couch in shame.

"Hey! I bet it's got more meaning than that, right?" Kirishima looked at you, trying to get you to back him up, only for you to sink lower into the couch and avoid eye contact. "Oh my god you did didn't you." He whispered out in one long breath. Bakugou immediately caught wind of this and was sent into a fit of mocking laughter, even a few other people snickered a little, while others cooed at you.

"God, that's the most pure thing I've ever heard," a girl with a brown bob-cut seemed to be wiping away tears from her eyes, as did glasses-kun and the green-haired boy, who were sitting either side of her respectively. You were still hiding your face in shame- you were hoping you wouldn't have been found out that easily.

"I-it's okay, don't worry, as long as you like the name!" Kirishima continued to pat your back through his giggles. Honestly, he thought it was cute that you'd liked a name on a magazine so much that you'd decided to dub yourself it, but he was pretty sure the entire class thought that by now. The majority of them were pink in the face, wiping away tears caused by over-exposure to something so precious or both. "What is it, then?" He asked.

"[M-m/n]..." You mumbled, shame lacing your words as you slightly lifted your head up to look at him. Kirishima's cheeks darkened- he was pretty sure he was going to die at this rate.

"[M/n], huh? It really suits you, super manly!" He grinned, giving your back a slap. You choked a little, it coming out as a little glitched noise as always, making Kirishima jump. "W-what was that?" He chuckled nervously.

"That's... How I cough... I don't know why..." You explained quietly, still feeling embarrassed over being called out about getting your name from a magazine. Kirishima only chuckled and told you it was cute. You didn't know how to respond to that, so you simply turned your head away from him and mumbled something incoherent under your breath.

"So, wait," Mina suddenly perked up, staring at you inquisitively. "If you were born in the institute, does that mean this is the first time you've been outside?"

"No, they had an outdoor area there too,"

"N-no, I mean..." she stifled a giggle, as did a few others. "Have you never been outside the institute before?"

"Oh. No, when we were flown over here about a week ago that was my first time outside Krovnyy."

"Woah... That's a little scary... So you've never, like, gone to the park?" You shook your head. "Swimming?"

"I can't swim."

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, it's a little stupid. They taught us three different ways to break someone's neck but not how to swim." Mina laughed a little at this.

"I didn't think you could make jokes,"

"I wasn't joki-"

"Hey, have you ever gone to the beach?!" Sero shouted out. You shook your head, starting to get a feeling that this conversation was mostly going to be them asking if you'd done things.

"Museum?"

"I don't know what that is."

"Concert?"

"Never heard of one."

"Truth or dare?"

"Where's that?"

"I- no, it's a game."

"A game?"

"Yeah- don't tell me you've never played!"

"I haven't, sorry."

A few people expressed their shock at this- you weren't sure what they expected, it wasn't like a villain institute would dedicate its time to leisure.

"H-hey, it's saturday tomorrow, so why don't we come down here tonight and play truth or dare? Then we could watch some good movies, cause I'm willing to bet [M/n]'s never seen any." Midoriya perked up nervously, bob-cut and glasses-kun nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, it could be like a welcome party, right?" Kirishima grinned and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, feeling you tense up at the action. The whole class seemed to be down for the idea, everyone nodded and said they'd be there, save for Bakugou. "You gonna come, [M/n]?"

"Depends... Is Bakugou-san coming?" You asked, turning to face the angry blonde, who flipped his head around at warp speed to glare at you.

"Hell no! Why the fuck would I wanna go?!"

"Okay, then I'll come,"

"HAH?! What's that, bastard?! I'll go, but only to piss you off!!" He yelled, before rising from the couch and storming off to the elevator. You paused for a moment and shrugged, not taking notice of the people around you laughing.

"Alright, so we need to discuss a plan for tonight!" Glasses-kun suddenly shot up loudly, before turning to you. "A-ah, sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Iida Tenya, this is Uraraka Ochako, Midoriya Izuku and Asui Tsuyu." He gestured to the bob-cut girl, the guy with green hair and a girl who slightly resembled a frog. You nodded and waved all at them, your interest still peaked from hearing the word 'plan'.

"I say we meet at 9, that's kinda when people start doing stupid shit," Kaminari said with a grin, earning nods of agreement from people.

"So we meet at 9, play truth or dare in an organised fashion- i'll print some ideas off and put them into bowls, does anyone have an empty bottle?" Iida called out, to which Sero held up a bottle of coke that he'd finished at least thirty minutes ago, but was still clinging onto it. "Perfect. Wash it. Then, after we're tired of truth or dare we'll watch some movies. [M/n], any requests?"

"I've never seen a movie."

"Then, we're responsible for his very first movie..." Iida held his chin between his thumb and forefinger in thought.

"Lion king," Kaminari perked up again with a grin, to which a total of about seven different people screamed 'NO' at once.

"We can't ruin him yet! That's too much!"

"Yeah, way too sad!" Kirishima glared at him, to which you raised an eyebrow.

"I can take it." You said defiantly. Kaminari chuckled and leant back into the couch.

"Can you now?" He asked, to which you nodded and folded your arms. "Alright, tough guy. Then maybe afterwards we can watch... Hmm, let's see, the grudge?" A few people paled at his offer, and Iida began flailing his arms about.

"Absolutely not! We can't just jump from the lion king to the grudge! It's far too scary for his first time watching movies!" A few people agreed, mainly Kirishima, Uraraka and Mina. You felt like you were being babied- you appreciated the thought, but you weren't about to be scared of a picture on a screen.

"I can handle that too." You said, seeing Kirishima looking at you worriedly in your peripheral vision.

"A-are you sure, [M/n]?" He asked meekly.

"Positive." You nodded in reply. You saw Kaminari and Sero grin on the other couch and shrug.

"Well, if you say so~! We'll watch the lion king first, then the grudge, and after that we'll watch some more horror movies... If you're brave enough, [M/n]..." He was playing you, you could see that. But fuck, you weren't about to be seen as weak.

"I'll handle whatever you throw at me."

"Great!" Kaminari clapped and rose from the couch, stretching as Sero did the same. "We're going back to our rooms for now, see you guys later!" He cheered excitedly, walking off towards the kitchen before pausing. "Oh yeah, Iida?" Iida looked over at him and hummed. "You might wanna put all our names in a hat to see who gets to hug [M/n] when he's scared." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 1.6K 10
!!NSFW-fic!! "Y/n, you know damn well that this bag is fake and I don't fucking like it so next time I'm going to buy you dozens of them" "No! You ar...
58.9K 1.8K 13
❝ π™™π™–π™©π™—π™€π™ž: i can be ur angle πŸ”ΊπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΉπŸ”ΆπŸ”·πŸ”³πŸ”²β—ΎοΈβ—½οΈβ—ΌοΈβ—»οΈ ❞ ❝ π™™π™–π™©π™—π™€π™ž: or i can be ur devil πŸ˜©πŸ‘„πŸ‘…πŸ’¦πŸ€ͺ😈😏 ❞ ❝ π™¨π™π™€π™˜π™ π™—π™€π™­: Stopβœ‹πŸ›‘. Let Me...
10K 287 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
67.9K 2.1K 31
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...