The Sweet Punishment

By Yagyaseni

Khushi is angry at her workaholic husband for not taking out time for her. How will Arnav pacify his wife? More

Ab Thoda Sa Haske Dikha Do...

3.2K 218 51
By Yagyaseni

Jab tum chaaho paas aate ho
Jab tum chaaho door jaate ho
Chalti humesha marzi tumhari
Kehte ho phir bhi pyaar karte ho!
Maana maine galtiyan ki
Thodi thodi saktiyan ki
Ishq mein thodi si mastiyan ki

Khushi was upset, scratch that she was fed up with her husband Arnav Singh Raizada. One moment he is trying to make her feel special and romantic to her and the next moment he doesn't even glance her as he loses himself to work. And guess what he claims to love her, although that is a subject of Khushi's doubt these days. All thanks to Khushi's husband's first wife, I mean his work.

Khushi was busy frying her Jalebis to vent her frustration as always, while Arnav eyed at her figure which was showing that she was upset and angry. He took baby steps towards her and stood behind her, while she still didn't notice him behind her and continued frying her Jalebis while munching the already prepared ones.

" Khushi..." His breath lingered on her nape while his voice caused mayhem to her senses.

But Khushi had turned into a hard nut to crack. She decided that she will remain angry on him and will not let their proximity affect her. She turned around with the spatula pointed at him while it caused shock to him.

" Aap To Jayiye Yahan Se. Go to that amazing laptop of yours or speak to your files. Don't come near me or I will put this hot spatula on you. Don't complain later," Khushi's serious voice made a mocking smirk develop on his face.

" And don't smirk okay? Laad Governor Kahin Ke. You promised me to take me out on dinner a fortnight back and kept postponing it till yesterday while yesterday you finally forgot about it. Jab Tum Chaho Paas Ate Ho, Jab Tum Chaho Door Jate Ho. Aur Ham Ye Sehan Nahi Karenge. Now before I make use of this hot spatula according to my heated brain, leave from here. I am sure you will have some meeting or some appointment." Irritation and despair written on Khushi's face made Arnav realize the extent of Khushi's anger on him, which was completely justified as he was being too workaholic and more mechanical towards her. Realizing that it was not the right time to speak as her mood was completely off, Arnav quietly walked out of the kitchen while it infuriated Khushi even more.

" Ek Baar Bhi Manane Ke Liye Nahi Socha. Rakshas."

Jab tum chaaho shiqve gile ho
Jab tum chaaho dil ye mile ho
Chalti humesha marzi tumhari
Jaao bade aaye pyaar karte ho
Dil ki baatein bolte nahin
Raaz apne tum kholte nahin
Apne mann ki tum karte ho sadaa
Mera mann tum tatolte nahin

" Khushi, where is my yellow colored file which has the papers of Malhotra's project?" Arnav questioned as if he was questioning Aman, because his tone was bereft of softness or love, which Khushi expected from him.

" How should I know? Your file, you must be knowing," Khushi, who was already irritated was maddened by the fact instead of trying to placate her, Arnav was interrogating about his file.

" It is an important file, dammit. And I have a meeting in 30 minutes. It was on the side table, I am sure you would have kept it aside. And don't use that tone with me," Arnav was in a foul mood to think from his heart that his wife was upset with him as there was a meeting in 30 minutes and he didn't have the file.

" PLEASE FORGIVE ME, Mr.RAIZADA! I am extremely sorry for expecting you to be all loving and caring when your first priority was work always. And probably my name comes last in the priority list. Forget taking me out for dinner, you have not even asked me if I had my dinner and on the Karwa Chauth Day you came home at 4:00 in the morning, not thinking about my fast. Great. I will find the yellow colored file for you, after all it must be extremely important and definitely more than me," Khushi's eyes filled with tears while her voice was shaky with her being under emotional turbulence. She turned around after throwing a serious look at a dazed Arnav and paced into the room to search for the file.

Sach hain teri ye sab shiqayatein
Tod dunga ye rivayatein
Bhool meri bhool jaana
Mujho aaya na rijhana
Magar chahta hoon ab manaana

Arnav had thought that she would mellow down on her own if given some time and space but he was proven totally wrong. Khushi was hurt, and now he will have to placate, woo and manaofy her to mellow her anger and make the tears of her eyes go away from her, forever

And he was determined to do so, because he knew that he was at fault for taking Khushi's love as granted and not paying heed to their marriage which was an arranged marriage by their families. He was sure that Khushi would have had many hopes about her future husband and maybe that's why she was so hurt because he doesn't fit that criteria.

He didn't know how but he was sure that he will be able to achieve this, after all he had seen her love for him many times. He set his Harvard brain on the work and soon it came up with a plan to woo his dear wife and so began the mission ' Wooing Khushi'.

He called Aman and asked him to manage the meeting while he called Khushi's best friends' to know her preferences and likes, just in case his plan doesn't work.

Jab tum chaaho hans ke bulaao
Jab tum chaaho ladte hi jaao
Chalti humesha marzi tumhari
Badi badi baatein, pyaar karte ho!
Seekhni hain pyaar ki baariqiyan sabhi
Ho samay toh sikha dijiye abhi
Kaise kisi ko rijhaate baat-baat mein
Door kaise hoti kisi ki naraazgi

" What does he think of himself? He can do anything he wants? He can order me around and be angry with me, but I cannot even raise my voice," Tears continued to flow from Khushi's eyes as she searched for that file, which her husband wanted.

" Khushi, actually I need one help from you. Actually someone is very angry with me, because I am not able to spend more time with that person. If you can tell me, how to pacify that person, it would be really great," Arnav looked at her with a smile on his face while Khushi's IIT brain was also working for her to realize that he was talking about her.

"Ji, you should have thought about this before doing all that, na. What's the point of regretting after spilling the curd into fire? Your remorse will not be able to it get it back, anyways," Khushi's tone reflected how hurt she was. 2 months of their marriage and they hadn't even gone for their honeymoon, all thanks to his work. She thought that work is worship and definitely she needs to cooperate but everything has limit, end of the day and Khushi's tolerance was no different.

" I am sure that the person's feelings aren't so weak to get burnt in that fire like the curd. So I believe there is still a chance to correct the mistake after all it is better late than never," Khushi turned around to face Arnav with the file in her hand, which she had found and handed it over to him as she spoke,

" Here, take you file and attend your meeting. It is more important, ultimately. And about that person's feelings, don't worry, she will get habituated to it eventually. Initially it might be difficult but she is expecting a wrong change from a wrong person and she must understand your love for your work too, isn't it?" Khushi walked away while Arnav stared at her retreating back while mentally noting that his plan 1 had flopped badly and he ran behind her to stop her.

Bhole banke karte ho gustakhiyan
Chhod do ye sab chalaakiyan
Baaton mein behlaao naa yun
Baat ko badhaao na
Maanungi na main manaao na yun
Jab tum chaaho shaam saji ho
Jab tum chaaho raat dhali ho
Ab tum chaaho jo bhi sazaa do
Bas thoda sa hans ke dikha do

He held her wrist gently but tightly as he stopped her from walking away, while Khushi stopped in her path but didn't turn around to face him.

" I am extremely sorry for ignoring you, Khushi. But believe me it was not intentional. I never wanted to do it but AR bagged so many projects at once that I was unable to manage the schedule properly. Please don't be angry like this. I understand your point-of-view completely," Arnav pleaded while Khushi turned around slowly to face him, to see his face with a pout and sorry written all over him.

" How would you know how bad I must have felt when all my friends questioned me about our honeymoon and I had to answer, 'He is busy'? How would you realize how hungry and thirsty I was to not drink water or eat anything for almost 20 hours? And how can you feel what I feel when you act all romantic one moment and don't even care for me the next moment?" Khushi snapped at him while he was shocked to see this side of his wife. For two months, he had not listened to a single complaint from her and suddenly he was coming face to face with the reality.

" I am sorry again, Khushi. I will not say I understand your pain anymore because I don't want look down on it. I am really really sorry, Khushi. I am ready to take any punishment from you and ready to say sorry as many times as you want or maybe skip as many meetings and appointments as you like but don't be upset with me. My heart aches to see you like this. I know I am workaholic person and probably most unromantic person you have ever seen in your life but believe me when I say that there was never a second when I didn't think about you. Yes, I never thought that all this will affect you in this way but I never wanted or would want to hurt you in any way possible, because my heart started beating for you ever since I saw you in Gupta Mansion. I am not saying all this to woo or pacify you but I think that I was wrong for waiting for the right time when I had to make the time, the right one. Now Khushi, you decide whether you want to forgive me or punish me. And whatever it is, I will accept it wholeheartedly," Arnav's voice had seriousness while his eyes had sincere concern and love in them, which had pleasantly surprised Khushi.

" If you think that you will escape punishment by saying all this, then you are wrong, Mr.Raizada. Sazaa To Aapko Milegi Hi," Khushi said in a serious tone, while Arnav waited for his punishment.

" You will not over-stress yourself or come home late in the night. You will take me out for dinner once every month and haan, you will also fast for 20 hours like me," Khushi smirked evilly while Arnav's mouth opened in shock listening to his punishment. Fasting? He couldn't stay without food for more than 4 hours and here she was asking him to fast for 20 hours?

" Khushi..."

" And how did I forget this? 1 week, you will neither use laptop or bluetooth or any other gadget or thing related to that matter. So are you ready for the punishment, Mr.Raizada?" Now, after promising he cannot go back on his words and he will have to do it.

" I will certainly do it if I get something in return," Khushi questioned with her eyebrows and mouthed,

"What is it?"

" Your smile and love. If I get both of them, I am ready to do anything and everything, Khushi. After all Maine Pyaar Kiya Hai, Tumse," Arnav's romantic voice and lines made a smile develop on Khushi's lips while crimson color crept on her neck.

" Zaroor, Mr.Raizada. Hum Businessman Ki Patni Hai, Hisaab Ke Bilkul Pakke," Khushi imitated Arnav's voice and burst out laughing while Arnav was lost in the beauty who was laughing as if there was no worry and seeing her laugh made every tension go away from him.

" I love you, Khushi." Arnav moved closer to her and Khushi stopped laughing sensing him close to her as she looked at him.

" I love you too, Arnav. Akhir Ham Sirf Apnon Pe Gussa Karte Hai," Khushi hugged him tightly while Arnav reciprocated the hug with equal intensity of love and affection. A smile of satisfaction adorned their lips as they found the solace they never found in the arms of their beloved.

People spend their lives earning money, fame and position but real happiness lies in true love which people ignore or forget in the course of earning those temporary materialistic things.

________________________________________

This is my gift to all the sweet readers here who vote and comment. Thank you so much for your love and support! Your love never ceases to overwhelm me! Not just your love, I love the comments and the insights I get on my various stories, especially 'Hues of Love', where the readers are really interactive and trust me, nothing makes a writer's day more than interactive audience. Muah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

797K 29.7K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
945K 21.7K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
63.7K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
230K 7.9K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...