History of past time

By Haileeconklin

History facts and info I bet you didn't know. More

Heavenly pair: chocolate and Valentine's Day
Domesticated dogs descended from an ice age European wolf, study says,
What caused the "Scramble for Africa"?
Why sports history is American history
Jupiter played a large part in the evolution of the solar system
Caught On Camera: The green sea turtle
Paw choice? Cats show paw preferences
What Was the Boxer Rebellion
The Treaty of Paris of 1783
Telling time through the ages

Scientists Study Anti-aging Drugs for Dogs

5 1 0
By Haileeconklin

In the article “Scientists Study Anti-aging Drugs for Dogs” by Newsela it discusses extending animals lifespan.  It’s an extremely sad reality, for pet owners that our beloved companions never live as long as we would wish. However, a man named Promislow and his colleagues believe that it may be possible to make our companions live longer. Scientist using the latest in anti-aging research, plan to study a chemical that extends the life spans of mice, fruit flies, and worms. They have high hopes that this will also lengthen dog's lives. Experts from all over the country discuss the chemical rapamycin. They were talking about how to test its effects in dogs. Rapamycin is used with other medications in organ-transplant patients. It helps to prevent the body from rejecting their new kidneys and other transplanted organs. The drug is also very promising for anti-aging. 50 studies have shown that this particular drug can delay some diseases and restore vigor to elderly animals. Rapamycin works by shutting off a certain protein that promotes cell growth. It can also extend average life spans 9 to 40 %. However, no one knows if this drug can work on humans. This drug could help us by making our beloved canine friend's life a long and happy life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 6.4K 164
After six years of war, my fiancé returned. With a woman and his child in tow. While saying that he couldn't leave her. The same irresponsible fiancé...
28.1K 1.5K 69
true love never exists right?? or If it does than only give pain. "It's amazing how someone can break your heart, and you can still love them with al...
9.6M 733K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
Erica By Sam

Historical Fiction

2.7M 149K 88
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...