Kissing Booth

By Mariaalarcon12

He leans closer to me and tilts his head. His lip press to mine and I feel his mouth part. I part mine too a... More

Kissing Booth
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chaptet XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
EPILOGUE

Chapter I

15.1K 277 126
By Mariaalarcon12

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of my Sophomore year. I'm older than everyone in my grade because my birthday is pretty early...so yeah.

On another note. Matthew is taking me to a party Saturday night at his brothers frat house. So I'll be going to my first college party before I'm even in college! Yay!!

Chris says that he has tickets to see The Neighbourhood, but I don't believe him because he lies a lot. Even if he is lying, it would be pretty cool.

Chris and Matt still don't know about each other but whenever I say something about Chris in front of Matt, he gets all red in the face and his eyes turn darker brown. It's creepy. And whenever I talk to about Matt in front of Chris, his fists clench and he holds his breath. I think they know that I'm dating them both at the same time. I don't know though. They may have an idea, but they probably don't know for sure.

Do you know what would be really bad? If I went to the party with Matt and we saw Chris there! Or if I went to the concert with Chris and I saw Matt there. That would be totally cra...

"Cassidy! Do I have to tell you again? Get your butt down here and eat your breakfast. The bus is going to be here any minute!"

I grunt and put down my lucky purple sparkly pen.

"Coming Barbra." I yell down the stairs.

Okay. Long story short. I don't call my mom "mom", I call her by her real name: Barbra. I mean, if you ask me, that whole "mom/mommy/mamma" thing is kind of old. I mean don't women always say that they feel older when they have kids? It's probably because they're calling you mom. That, and she tried to leave me in a grocery store when I was 5, so she doesn't get to be called mom from me at least.

"Please call me mom."

"No thanks Barbra."

I grab my backpack and go in to my sisters room.

I go to her bed and shake her awake.

"Get up Franny. It's time to get dressed and go to school."

Franny sits up and rubs her eyes while she looks around her room, squinting from the sunlight.

"Where's mommy?" She asks. I roll my eyes slightly. Oh I remember the "mommy" phase.

I pat her hair down because it's kind of...sticking up on her head.

"Barbra is downstairs waiting for us to come down and eat some breakfast."

Frannys' eyes light up and she rushes downstairs.

"Be careful Fran!" I call out to her, laughing at her enthusiasm.

~~~

"So I was at the super market and I saw Chris and Matt there and they looked like they were going to kill each other." Millie says, her eyes bugging and her mouth crusted with frosting from her donuts.

Millie has been in my life since the first grade. We both had the same grape juice for snack and we took that as a sign that we were supposed to be friends forever. Around Freshman year, Millie had to go to the hospital because her father had a heart attack. I remember that Millie came over to my house and hugged me tightly, words coming out of her like the tears and snot that was making a trail on my new shirt. But I didn't care because if my dad were still alive and that happened to him, I would want her to comfort me like that. My dad died when I was 5. He got in a car accident with Barbra so for most of her life, she's been blaming herself for what happened to my dad. Sometimes I can still hear her muttering to herself that she should have warned him. That she should have done something.

The muttering kind of stopped when she met Fredrick.

Fredrick is a lawyer and he apparently has a town house in France, but I don't believe him. He just wants to have sex with my mom and get her pregnant (like he already did). I hate Fredrick. He always catches me when I'm lying and whenever we're alone together, he always strokes my hair and tells me how beautiful I am. God, he's such a creep. Hitting on a 16 year old girl? Can you say gross?

"Cassie? Hello? Are you still there?" Millie says, waving her hand in my face.

I never really understood why people do that. Is it to grab the other persons attention or is it creating air that makes the eyes burn which makes you want to blink which brings you back to reality?

My eyes burn up and I blink, suddenly brought back to reality.

Well that answers that question.

"I was just asking you if you were going to the Fair tomorrow." Millie says, leaning back in the drivers seat of her car.

"I don't know Mill. I have homework that was due a week ago and I have to figure out how to be smarter than Albert Einstein." I say, smiling and hopping out of the car.

"Ha ha. You're funny. We all know that today is Friday and teachers never pass out homework on Friday's." Millie says as she locks her car doors.

"You have to come with me Cassie. Come on we'll have so much fun! We'll eat our weight in cotton candy and pretzels!"

I pretend to debate about it because we both know that I love eating my weight in food.

"Okay. Fine." I say with a sigh. "I'll go to that stupid Fair."

Millie jumps up and down, squealing.

I smile and put my hands on her shoulders to stop her from jumping down.

"Calm down Millie." I say, a smile on my face.

Millie rolls her eyes and she starts to walk away.

"Wait! Wait for me!" I say my words being covered with laughter. "Wait!"

~~~

"And five, six, seven, eight. Kick, run, jump, straddle, flip, careful put down, back flip, and front row splits, second kneel, Cassidy, act sassy."

I put my hand up in the air and roll my neck super sassy like.

The music stops and everyone gets out of position and they clap. I clap along with them, grabbing my towel and wipe off the sweat from my forehead.

I sit down on the bench and take off my black high top sneakers, switching them with pink, worn out flip flops.

I put the towel around my neck and spray some perfume so I don't stink.

"Bye guys!" I call out to everyone.

They wave good-bye and I head out to my silver Volvo that Barbra gave me when she announced that Fredrick was moving in.

I drive home and immediately go to my room. Barbra isn't home so I can literally do whatever I want. I flop on my bed and I'm about to close my eyes when my phone dings.

I groan and pick it up.

Barbra: I was wondering if you could work at one of the stations for the Fair.

Me: Sure why not. Which one?

Barbra:The kissing booth.

Me: NO!

Barbra:Hey, no backing out! You already agreed.

Me: Fine, but I'm not kissing any nerds.

Barbra:Sweetie, it's a kissing booth. Nerds are going to come because they can't get kissed in real life.

Me: I'll do it for 30 minutes.

Barbra: An hour.

Me: 35 minutes.

Barbra: 45 minutes and that's the final offer.

Me: Fine. Whatever Barbra.

I grunt and set my phone on my nightstand.

I flip on my stomach and scream in to my pillow.

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?!"

A/N:

Hey lovlies! I hope you like my first chapter of "Kissing Booth". I will try and work on the second chapter, but I have a lot on my plate right now with the whole Hunger Games thing. But I'll try my best!

Don't be a silent reader!!

~m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
100K 3.2K 36
Four years ago, a 13-year-old blackmailed me into friendship by holding my doughnut captive. We've been close ever since. I soon noticed that I wante...
16.3K 555 34
We weren't sure if this was love or not. But, the kiss we shared was something I never felt before in my entire life... Something I never felt with h...