Playful Heart [boyxboy]

By 16roses

Nikolai doesn't want to be Alpha. In fact, he could care less about any of it. All Nikolai wants to do, is ve... More

Playful Heart [1] Young Blood
Playful Heart [2] Love Away
Playful Heart [3] Eyes on Fire
Playful Heart [4] Bad Things
Playful Heart [5] Undisclosed Desires
Playful Heart [6] 99 Problems
Playful Heart [7] Shameless
Playful Heart [8] Two Hearts
Playful Heart [9] Sunday
Playful Heart [10] I Wanna Be Yours
Playful Heart [11] Take it or Leave it
Playful Heart [12] Nothing In My Way
Playful Heart [13] Hurricane
Playful Heart [14] Middle Fingers Up
Playful Heart [15] Sissy That Walk
Playful Heart [16] Don't Mess With Me
Playful Heart [17] Silver Lining
Playful Heart [18] Goodbye Mr. A
Playful Heart [19] Hush Hush Hush
Epilouge

Playful Heart [20] Eyes Closed

4K 156 5
By 16roses

Chapter Twenty

Eyes Closed

Victor had decided to let me go after I told him I needed to talk to my mate. I somehow convinced him that Lysander and Nate knew the rest of the information on where Essie was.

“I’ll just kill them if they refuse to tell me then.” He shrugged as he said it and I rolled my eyes.

“Because you would totally have the information after you killed them.” I said sarcastically and that’s how I managed to be escorted to our dungeons. Once inside the guard undid my handcuffs and threw me in the room.

“You have ten minutes to get the information.” He ordered and then closed the door, locking it behind him. I looked at the cage in front of me, frowning when I saw Luna, Tyler, Noel and Erin all asleep. I walked over to the other cage just as my friends ran over.

“Nikolai—“I could hear the sympathy in Navaeh’s voice as she began, but I held my hand up to her.

“My parents will come back from the dead if they found out I chickened out after they sacrificed themselves. I don’t have time to mourn.” Lysander reached out and grabbed my hand in his, giving it a squeeze. I so badly wanted to kiss him and just cry in his arms, but I had a job to do.

“What’s the plan then Alpha?” Hazel asked and I smiled at her.

“I told Victor I had to talk to you guys to find out where Essie is, but it really was an excuse to just get down here. They’re giving me ten minutes so I’m going to only say it once and that’s it.” They all nodded their heads that they agreed and I began telling them the plan. “I have no doubt in my mind that Victor is going to make me his servant until tomorrow morning, so this all has to happen tonight. He has himself stationed in my dad’s office, so I’m going to take the chance to kill him, while you guys get the key from the guard, get out of here and try to meet me in the office. Kill whoever gets in your way and then we will take the rest out together.”

“All ten of us take on hundreds of them?” Nate questioned and I smiled at him.

“Victor’s not as bright as he looks. He only brought about twenty men with him. There were more, but we took most of them out beforehand.”

“And how exactly do you plan to kill Victor by yourself. I’m sorry Nikolai, but I don’t feel safe leaving you alone to do that.” I squeezed Lysander’s hand and smiled at him.

“I have a plan for myself. I need your support to follow through with it though, so you have to promise you will not get mad. I need to do what I need to do.” I watched his face twist with anger and his grip on my hand tighten.

“Nikolai. Just what exactly are you going to do?” He growled.

“The thing I do best; seducing.” The door opened after I said that and I quickly let go of Lysander’s hand. The guard walked over and jerked my arm to turn me around, causing me to hiss in pain and Lysander to growl.

“Pipe down dog or you won’t get your chew toy.” The guard spat and I rolled my eyes. After so many years of werewolves being around, you would think the insults would have gotten better.

Guess not.

I followed the guard out of the room just as another walked into the room. I silently prayed that this plan would work as I was escorted to where Victor was.

“Well, did you get the information?” He asked and I nodded my head. He smiled and motioned for me to take I seat in the chair by the door. I obeyed and sat down. I shifted uncomfortable as he stared at me for what felt like forever until he finally spoke.

“Even though I’m married, I still wonder what it would feel like to have you as a lover.”  He ordered me to walk over to him and I did, much to my own despise. “I actually have taken a liking to you Nikolai. How would you feel about being the one that goes with me everywhere? You are a man of power, so I wouldn’t mind having you by my side instead of that piece of shit that is my wife.” I had to stop myself from punching him. This was going exactly in the way I wanted it to and I didn’t even have to do anything yet.

I moved my legs so I was straddling his lap, and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I like a man with power.” I whispered seductively in his ear and I felt his hands go to my waist. He moved to kiss my lips, but I was faster and titled my head to the side, causing his lips to meet my throat instead. He began trailing kisses along my jawline and while I felt this arousal on my thigh, I realized I was as soft as a feather.

I willed my mind to think of the nights I spent with Lysander and heard myself moan as thoughts of Lysander’s hands all over me came flooding in. I began to grind my hips against his and heard him growl, his hands traveling up my shirt. I saw him tilt his head to the side and smiled at my chance. This was way too easy. I bent down and licked along his neck, feeling him shudder against me. I moved my lips to the center of his throat and felt my fangs elongate.

“It was nice knowing you Victor.” I whispered and before he could say anything, I dug into his throat, using my hand to cover his mouth as he screamed. He began to struggle so I quickly jerked my head to the side, ripping his throat out in the process. I stood up and spit out everything in my mouth, using the back of my hand to wipe it. Victor’s body slowly slid off of the chair and I realized I had to puncture his heart or he could regenerate and walked over to the desk, finding the same dagger he used on my parents and picked it up.

“This is for killing them.” I whispered and brought it down into his chest, but I soon found that wasn’t enough for me. My mind went fuzzy as I continued to stab his chest repeatedly; the flesh now looking like her was mauled by a bear. I heard muffled sounds and then realized it was someone calling my name. I felt someone grab the dagger and try and pick me up and for some reason that pissed me off.

“Let me go!” I yelled, struggling against their grip.

“Nikolai, stop.” I heard Lysander’s soothing voice whisper to me as he held me against his chest. I felt all the emotions I was holding in come pouring out and I began to cry into his chest. I lung onto him like my life depended on it and he just continued to whisper that it was going to be all right. I finally calmed down and let go of him. He smiled down at me, wiping my cheeks for me and kissing my forehead. I turned to see everyone in the room looking at me with frowns.

And that’s how we all ended up in a group hug with each other. I laughed after a while and soon everyone followed in before we let go.

“Your mother and father would have been proud.” Luna said to me, touching my cheek and giving it a soft pat. I opened my mouth to thank her, when a loud bang went off and the house shook.

“Everyone hide!” Tyler whisper yelled and I moved behind the desk with Lysander, while Tyler hid behind the door. I heard footsteps coming near and soon the door opened.

“Vict—Oh my god!” The man gasped just before it went silent and a heavy thump sounded out. I stood up to see Tyler standing over the guy, whose neck was now twisted. We heard a series of blood curdling screams go off before everything just went completely silent.

“We need to leave. Now!” Tyler ordered and we nodded, all following out the door and quietly down the hall. We passed by a couple of bodies, all covered in blood and when we got to the stairs, the whole foyer was filled with them, and standing in the middle was the woman I promised to protect.

“Essie!” I called out, ignoring the groans of everyone as I rushed down the stairs and towards her.

“Do not worry. I took care of everyone, it is safe.” She announced and the others let out sighs of relief before coming down the stairs. Essie looked at me and frowned, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I am so sorry for your loss. I feel like it is my fault you had to lose your parents.” She whispered and I was actually surprised she to hear her voice filled with an emotion, unlike her usual monotone.

“They did what any other parent would for their child, just like you did the same for yours.” I looked down at her stomach to see it already looking like she was about to pop. She caught me staring and surprised me again by chuckling.

“The reason Victor wanted to get me back so fast was because we normally give birth quickly, and I now know just that will be happening very soon because my emotions are going crazy.”

“I was wondering why you were suddenly smiling and shit.” Nate said and we all started laughing, including Essie. It had been a bittersweet day, but I could now see things looking up.

It’s been three days since the attack, and we are slowly rebuilding as a pack. My parents were buried, along with other members of the pack two days ago. All of the girls were taking care of Essie, who was now subjected to staying in bed until she had the baby. But she wasn’t alone because Erin was due in a couple of days also.

Waking up in the morning had been the biggest challenge though. I normally have a thirty minute crying session before Lysander picks me up and puts me in a warm bath. Then he’ll just sit with me and talk and honestly, that’s all I need. Just hearing him talk to me calms me down and makes me realize that even with my parents gone, I can still be happy.

But today, I don’t think I was going to be.

I had called my grandparents, asking them to come down for a visit. I didn’t plan on telling them anything, but Lysander convinced me that they had a right to know their daughter was dead. I was waiting outside by their graves when I heard footsteps approaching.

“Why in God’s name have you called us down here? Where are your parents?” My grandma snapped and I turned around, tears still in my eyes. I stepped aside from the graves and her eyes slowly looked at them before she cried out and fell to her knees.

I was shocked by her reaction, not expecting it at all.

“Oh my—my baby! Why? Why is this happening?” She cried out and I couldn’t help myself from walking over and hugging her. I felt her arms wrap around me and tighten as we cried together.

“Honey what’s going on?” My grandpa asked as he walked up to us.

“She—Scarlet sweet heart. She—“She couldn’t finish her sentence, but she didn’t need too. I looked up to see my grandpa staring at the graves, a hand over his mouth. We finally got off the ground and I smiled at them.

“Why don’t we go inside?” I suggested and they both nodded in agreement.  My grandma kept her grip on me and I didn’t mind it at all. I would have expected myself to feel uncomfortable by the sudden affection she was giving me, but instead I was happy for it.

We made it inside and took a seat in the living room. Lysander left to make some tea after giving me a quick kiss.

“Is that your boyfriend?” My grandma asked in a soft voice and I smiled at her.

“He’s actually my husband.” I informed her and she looked a little shocked at the information before she gave me a small smile.

“We were actually given invitations to come.” She told me and I looked at her in shock. “We didn’t, however, because I felt guilty.” Lysander returned with our drinks and I expected my grandma to stop talking, but she continued.

“When my husband and I had Scarlet, she was a miracle. I wasn’t supposed to have kids, but nine months later she came into our lives. I had thrown so many dreams for my kids away when I thought I wouldn’t have any, so when I had your mother, I wanted her to be successful. I heard how awful jobs were for artists and I didn’t want that for her. I didn’t want to have to worry about her barley being able to make ends meet. I will admit that the way her father and I tried to stop her from following her dream was wrong. After you blew up on us at dinner the last time, it woke something up in me. All I wanted was to have a daughter who loved me like I loved her. Instead, she despised us, so much that she left and never told us where, got married and pregnant. We were planning to come and apologize soon, but now it’s too late.” She started crying again and my grandpa put an arm around her.

“We didn’t come to the wedding because after everything we’ve done, she still felt the need to include us in everything. Your grandma was afraid of how she would act and we decided it was best not to come, so we made plans to arrive a couple days later. So when you called us, we were worried and now…”

I sighed and realized I needed to say something. “Even though how you guys treated my mom still doesn’t sit right with me, I know she loved you both. I would hear her talking with my dad all the time about how she wished she could know why you guys treated her like that and I’m sure if she was here right now, she would be happy.” My grandma looked up and smiled at me, causing me to smile in return.

“You really are your mother’s son.” I chuckled and her smile got wider. “I don’t know how it feels to lose your parents at this age, but I do believe you will make your parents proud. I’m glad I have a grandson like you.” We all stood up and hugged each other. “Keep in touch okay? And I better see some grandchildren in the future!”

“You’re not staying?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“We already had a hotel booked, so we’ll be staying there until Wednesday.” We said our goodbyes and I flopped down on the couch with a sigh.

“Feeling better?” Lysander asked as he sat down beside me. I rolled my head over and smiled at him.

“I love you.” I whispered and he leaned in and gave me a kiss.

“I love you more.” 

Yeah, things were definitely going to get better from here on out.

one more chapter and its over. So bittersweet ;___;

picture of Nikolais grandparents

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 952 59
Oliver's excuse for everything is that it's a small town. He know that's not the truth. There's many smaller towns that are nice, amazing even. His i...
517 1 12
Dissatisfied with his life of a (relatively successful BL) Thai actor, with no proper plan B or ideas of where he should be heading, Dian set off for...
108 6 13
When a mysterious will written by some distant maternal relative whom Aidan has never met lands on his doorstep, accompanied by a letter and a land d...
1.3M 66.3K 146
The ancient Greeks said Cupid's arrows could make you fall in love, but what if those arrows hit the wrong person? And what if that person was Eastwo...