Playful Heart [boyxboy]

By 16roses

Nikolai doesn't want to be Alpha. In fact, he could care less about any of it. All Nikolai wants to do, is ve... More

Playful Heart [1] Young Blood
Playful Heart [2] Love Away
Playful Heart [3] Eyes on Fire
Playful Heart [4] Bad Things
Playful Heart [5] Undisclosed Desires
Playful Heart [6] 99 Problems
Playful Heart [7] Shameless
Playful Heart [8] Two Hearts
Playful Heart [9] Sunday
Playful Heart [10] I Wanna Be Yours
Playful Heart [11] Take it or Leave it
Playful Heart [12] Nothing In My Way
Playful Heart [13] Hurricane
Playful Heart [14] Middle Fingers Up
Playful Heart [15] Sissy That Walk
Playful Heart [16] Don't Mess With Me
Playful Heart [17] Silver Lining
Playful Heart [19] Hush Hush Hush
Playful Heart [20] Eyes Closed
Epilouge

Playful Heart [18] Goodbye Mr. A

4.5K 170 12
By 16roses

Chapter Eighteen

Goodbye Mr. A

Today was the day…and I felt like shit.

Essie still hadn’t made any signs of coming back and Nate and I…well, we hadn’t spoken since I yelled at him. I felt horrible because I really wanted to talk to him. I was getting married after and made Alpha, so it was reasonable for me to want my best friend here with me.

He was going to be my Beta. That is, if he still wanted to.

I groaned and threw my head into my pillow. We had five hours until the guest started to arrive and I was still in my boxers, twirled around my blankets. I heard a door open and saw Lysander walking out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist and water dripping down those delicious abs. I found myself staring at not only his muscles, but his tattoos. I just wanted to kiss them, run my hands along them—

I bit my lip to surpass a moan and put my head back in my pillow.

“Babe. You have to get up.” Lysander cooed as he walked over to my side of the bed. I stared at him for a while before huffing and rolling over. He groaned and I watched as he walked over to the other side, giving me that look. You know, the one your mom gives you when she’s tired of you acting like a little shit.

Yeah. That one.

“Kolya, you have to get up.” He tried again, but I just glared at him and rolled over again.

“Lord help me.” I heard him mumble in Italian and I narrowed my eyes. He’s been helping me learn his native language, and since I was a quick learner, I knew almost half the language. It was the only way I could talk naughty to him without my parents or anyone else knowing what I was saying.

Because if they did, I would be so embarrassed.

“Why won’t you get up?” He finally asked. Maybe because my best friend hates me? Or maybe it’s because the one person I was trying to protect just ran off. I sighed and sat up, moving my hair so it wasn’t hanging in my face.

“I miss Nate.” I whispered. I truly did miss him. Planning the wedding would have been exciting, not that it wasn’t already. But with Nate, he always had to crack a joke at something, and I missed that. “I want my best friend back.”

Lysander walked over and sat down in front of, grabbing my hands. “Nikolai, look at me.” I obeyed and met his eyes, suddenly feeling the calm that was swimming in them, wash over me.

“Go talk to him. I’ve seen him around the house and he doesn’t look happy. I’m sure he misses you too.”

“But what if he doesn’t?” I spoke the one thing that I feared. I was terrified that if I went to talk to him, I would see how much happier he was without me.

“Kolya.” My eyes widened at how serious his voice got when he called my name. “Go talk to him. I want him at our wedding as much as you do. Now go.” He ordered and I sighed. No point in not listening to him. He would just refuse to give me sexy time and that wouldn’t do. I climbed out of the bed, sliding on some random clothes. I was going to be forced out of them to put on my tuxedo so it didn’t matter.

“Wish me luck.” I mumbled under my breath. I hurried out of my room and towards where Nate and Hazel were staying. I was hoping she wouldn’t be there, simply because I was still pissed off at what she did. I sighed and nodded my head at everyone who greeted me. I felt bad for the others living in the pack house. My mom and Aunts were pushing them around, trying to get everything set up for the events happening tonight.

I honestly just wanted to curl up in bed with Lysander and ignore it all, but alas, I had to face the music.

The really annoying music that was my mother.

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the door to Nate’s room. Slowly raising my hand, I knocked twice. Maybe I could run now, you know ding-dong ditch, but without the doorbell, so it would really just be knock-knock ditch. Was that even a thing? My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened, reveling and horrible looking Nate.

“Dude, you look like shit.” I blurted out, completely throwing out all the nervousness I felt before. Best friends had that effect though. You could pissed off with them, but if they either look or do something stupid, you can’t help but comment on it.

“Har har, very funny. I would look better, but you know, my best friend won’t talk to me.” He drawled and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“That’s why I’m here. I miss my wingman. Even though you won’t really be a wingman because I’ getting married today, but that’s beside the point. I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at your mate and I took it out on you which was wrong of me.” He was slowly nodding his head, but not saying anything which was making me agitated. “Look! I’m saying I’m sorry and I want my best friend back, okay?” I snapped and I saw him smirk.

“Yeah, well he wants you back too, so get in here.” He smiled, holding his arms out to me. I awkwardly shuffled forward and into his hug and he squeezed me closer to him.

“You gonna let go now or what?” I asked, feeling even more awkwardness seeping into the air.

“No. Let’s hold each other longer.” I snorted and rolled my eyes, shoving him back. I watched as he laughed and I couldn’t help but join in.

“So… marriage huh?” He asked after he stopped laughing, wiping the tears from his eyes.

“Yeah, and you get to be my best man.” I told him and he smiled, but then it fell. “What about Lysander? His friends are in Italy?”

“Okay, you don’t get to stand up there with me, but do have to be at the wedding.” I corrected and he chuckled.

“Dude, I wouldn’t miss it for the world. I mean, who knew you would be getting married, to a guy nonetheless?” I punched him in the arm and we laughed again. After that we just chatted for a couple more minutes before I was being ushered off towards my room to get changed. Once I got there however, Lysander was gone.

“Where is my boyfriend?” I asked Navaeh as she pulled out my outfit and started setting each piece up on the bed.

“He’s in another room getting ready. The groom can’t see the bride before the weeding, its bad luck.” She smirked.

“Who said I was the bride?” I scoffed and she shook her head. “Strip Nikolai, we don’t have much time.”

“Hey, you gotta buy me dinner first before you see the goods.”

“I will eat you for dinner if you don’t undress so I can get you in your suit.” I rolled my eyes and took off my clothes, making small talk with her as she dressed me. After in my suit, she grabbed some hair gel and styled my hair so my bangs hung to the side.

“All done. Take a look lover boy.” She chuckled and I turned to the mirror and whistled. Damn I look good in formal wear. I didn’t even look like Nikolai Savage; I looked like someone modeling for Armani. My suit was tailored to fit me perfectly, and made from a light grey material. The tie was a mint-green color, matching me eye, and there were white, blue and yellow flowers clipped by the pocket.

If I looked this good, I couldn’t wait to see Lysander.

“Put on your black dress shoes and wait for me to come back and get you.”  She ordered and I nodded my head and moved to put on the shoes as she left.  I decided to just walk around my room while I waited and I stopped in front of a picture of my dad holding me when I was first born. He had a cheesy smile on his face, but you could tell from the gleam in his eye that he was beyond happy. I smiled at the picture until I heard a knock at the door, making me jump.

“Kolya?” I heard my mother’s voice call out and I quickly walked over to her, meeting her reached out hand.  She smiled and me and patted my cheek. “It’s time sweetheart.”

“Isn’t dad supposed to walk me down the aisle?” I questioned. The father walks the bride down the aisle, right? And seeing as I was the bride…

“He is. I just wanted to see you before it started.” I nodded at her and we walked out of my room, my dad waiting outside along with Erin. It wasn’t hard to miss her, what with her stomach so huge now. When my dad saw us, the same smile that he had in the picture form on his lips. “Lysander is already waiting; let’s not keep him any longer.” He said, linking arms with me. I turned to my mother and kissed her on the cheek, before she left with Erin.

“You ready for this?” My dad whispered to me and I looked up at him and smiled.

“Hell yeah.” He chuckled and we walked down the stairs. Once we reached the bottom, the music started and I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. The double doors opened, and I felt my heart freeze as everyone turned to look at me. The walls were lined with silky white sheets that fell in loops, and there were Christmas lights hanging from the ceiling. The aisle was lined with cases filled with bare tree branches that had lights on them.

We started walking and I looked up to see my mate waiting for me, the biggest smile on his face. He looked astonishing in his suit. It was a simply black one, but it fit him perfectly. He had the same flowers pinned to his pocket as me and his tie was a light gold color. I suddenly realized they made our ties match my eyes and I felt my heart flutter.

We reached the altar and my dad kissed my cheek before leaving to join my mom. Lysander took my hands and held them in his, never letting go.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today…” I drowned the priest’s words as I heard Lysander’s speaking to me in my head.

You have no clue how much I want you right now. I felt my cheeks heat up and prayed no one saw it. He squeezed my hands and I smiled.

After the reception, I’m all yours. This made him smile and I swore I saw his cheeks grow pink.

“Would you exchange your vows now?” The priest asked me and I looked at him in shock. Wedding vows? How the fuck did I forget to do that. I took a deep breath and looking into Lysander’s eyes, I began.

“I never planned to do this. In fact, the whole reason I left was so I wouldn’t have to marry, or become Alpha, but I’m glad I did because I met you. You touched the darkest part of my soul and lit it up. What once was lost is now found and I’m glad to have you by my side.” Lysander smiled at me and I could tell he was doing everything he could not to kiss me right now. The priest then asked him for his vows and I was actually nervous to hear them.

“Nikolai Dorian Savage. There are so many things about my life that I have not told you, and as soon as this night is over, I plan to tell you it all. But for now, I want you to know that I finally know what love is. I finally understand why my parents acted the way they did, why every time they looked at each other it seemed like the world stopped. I know this, because of you. You’ve taught me how to love when I was incapable of it. Whenever I think of you, everything is possible. I will never stop loving you and I pray you will never stop loving me because you are my world, and you always will be.” I felt my eyes tearing up halfway through and when he finished, I could hear people sniffing.

Damn, if I didn’t love more than before.

“Bring the rings.” The priest said. I watched as some little boy I didn’t know carry over the rings. Lysander took his and the priest began speaking, Lysander reciting every word after him. I followed suit, sliding the ring on his finger. “By virtue of the authority vested in me, I know pronounce you husband and…well…husband.” Everyone in the room chuckled and I couldn’t keep the grin off my face. “You may now kiss the bride.” This took the grin off, as I turned to glare at the priest but my attention was taken to my mates as he took my face in his hands, and kissed me passionately.

The room was then filled with claps and the music began again as we turned and walked back down the aisle, hand in hand.  We made it outside, taking pictures with family and friends and then slowly, everyone started to make their way to where the reception was being held.

And for a werewolf wedding, that meant a bonfire.

So really, everyone was going to change into normal clothes and then the party would begin…along with my coronation. I started for mine and Lysander’s room with my husband, when we were stopped.

“Nuh-uh. Lysander, you are going to your room from earlier, and Nikolai will change in yours.” Luna urged and I decided it was best to just listen. I gave Lysander a quick kiss before hurrying off to change. I swapped the fancy wear for something much more casual. A light gray shirt with a purple breast pocket, a pair of dark-washed skinny jeans and my gray Vans. I ruffled my hair a little, so it wasn’t so slicked back and succeeded in making a ‘quiff’ or at least that’s what Navaeh called it.

It honestly was just my bangs tousled on my head, but you know girls. They always have a word for something.

I got the glint of light on my ring and pulled my hand down to look at it. I still couldn’t believe I was married and about to become Alpha. The one title I swore I would never take.

“Ready to go?” Navaeh asked as she opened the door. I nodded and walked over to her and we headed outside where the bonfire was already in full-swing. I heard footsteps approach us and I saw Lysander and my stomach filled with butterflies again.

His hair was similar to mine, except his made him look like a model. He was wearing a multi-colored button up, the sleeves rolled up pair with a pair of beige pants and matching oxfords. I had the sexiest boyfriend alive, except he was my husband. I shivered at the word.

Husband.

Oh yeah. I was going to love this.

“Your dad is waiting by the podium.” Tyler informed us, walking over to kiss his wife on the cheek. We nodded and Lysander and I headed over to join him. When my dad saw me, his smiled widened.

“Ready to take over the pack?” He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” He offered a small smile before clearing his throat, calling everyone’s attention to us.

“I want to first thank everyone for coming out and witnessing my sons marriage to his mate. It is a truly rare chance for us to make it official with a wedding, so we are grateful.” Everyone cheered before he raised his hands and it quieted down. “But, there is still one last thing that has to be done. From this night on, I am lying down my authority as Alpha, and am passing it on to my son and his mate. Before we commence with the ceremony, are there any objections?” The only sound was the crickets and fire crackling as everyone looked around at each other. My dad smiled, seeing as no one objected and turned to me.

“Repeat after me; I, Nikolai Savage, accept this title and with it, I accept the responsibilities that come with it. I swear to always put my mate and my packs safety above my own. I swear to always think with their safety in mind and to do what is best for my pack to flourish and survive.” I repeated his words, my voice oozing with confidence I was surprised I had. After it was done, he held my hand in his and raised it in the air.

“Behold the new Alpha of Golden Valley!” The air was soon filled with an eruption of cheers, as people clapped and yelled their excitement. Slowly they went back to the bonfire and my dad engulfed me in a hug.

“I know you want to enjoy the party, but I think you and your mate have a lot to discuss.” He gave Lysander a pat on the back before leaving us. I looked at my mate and he smiled before holding out his hand for me.

Dad was right; we had a lot to talk about.

I followed Lysander until we were far from everybody, alone in the woods. We walked to a clearing and I took a seat on the ground next to him. I waited as he took a deep breath before speaking.

“I realized I never told you about my life. All you know if that I was in Greece with Giovanni and that he was my cousin. I feel horrible because I have not gotten the chance to tell you about myself, but I didn’t want to only because there was so much going on. Plus, it is really hard for me to talk about it. I may seem like a hard-ass, but—“I grabbed his hands and he looked at me, smiling.

“I lived in Italy with my parents until I was eleven. My father was a very hard looking man, making people scared to talk to him, but in reality, he was like a teddy bear. Every time I look in the mirror, I see him because we look almost identical. My mother was gorgeous. Her hair was the color of caramel and she kept it cut short, to her ears. I got my eyes from her. They were busy all the time, due to their jobs, but they always made time for me. I was always a little rebellious, but that never bothered them. They would scold me for my behavior and then take me out for ice-cream. I was happy, we were happy.” He paused and I rubbed his knuckles with my fingers, hoping it would sooth him. “My father had a lot of enemies due to his job. He was a lawyer and a damn good one, and my mother worked alongside him. I remember the day so fondly to be honest. We had planned to go out to dinner, to celebrate my birthday a couple weeks early. I was excited and couldn’t keep still in school. I arrived home and saw they weren’t there, but didn’t think anything of it. I was normally the first home for a few hours. But it soon became eight hours that I had been waiting until I heard the doorbell ring. I answered it and when I saw it was the police, I knew instantly.”

“One of the men my father put away was release and he came to their office and shot them both. The police had come to inform and escort me to my Aunt and Uncles house where I would be staying. At first, I wanted to be alone all the time. I didn’t like people touching or talking to me and normally spent my days in my room. Giovanni would attempt to talk, and some days I would answer but most of the time I ignored him. As I grew older and entered high school, I became more rebellious. My Aunt and Uncle wanted me to be a successful and bright. They wanted it for their son, but he left and moved to Greece, so they focused in on me. I didn’t want any of that though. I wanted to be a free-spirit, so I ruined every chance they tried to get for me. The reason I ended up in Greece was because in an attempt to get me into college, I seduced the tutor I was with and they become fed-up with me and sent me off. I was angry at first, but then I met you and I realized God had sent me there for a purpose. And that was to meet you and fall in love with you.”

My eyes began to water with the promise of tears, but I saw he wasn’t done so I held them back a little longer. “The reason behind what I said in my vows was because; I wanted a love like my parents. Even as they grew older, they still acted like they had just met. I would date so many girls, then throw them away because they never gave me that feeling, but you…every day I wake up and see you, I feel like I’m back at that club seeing you for the first time.  I fall in love with you again every day and it gets deeper and deeper each time.” And then I let the tears fall. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder.

“I love you.” I sobbed and then pulled back so I could look at him. “I love you so much it scares me sometimes.” He stared at me for the longest time and then kissed me. At first it was slow and sweet, but it grew hungry and passionate. I never had sex outside, but I guess I could now cross that off my bucket list.

“I have a feeling things are about to take a turn for the worst.” I murmured, getting up to put my clothes on. Lysander looked at me in question and I sighed. “I don’t know. I guess it’s nothing.” I took his hand in mine after we dressed and started back to the party. I tried to have a good time, but I couldn’t shake the sinking feeling in my stomach.

This was just the calm before the storm.

 The party was coming to an end, and everyone was turning in for the night. I stayed around longer, helping pick up with everyone.

“Nikolai, go get some rest.” Tyler told me, taking the trash bag from my hands. I sighed, too tired to argue back and turned to go inside where my mate was when I froze in my tracks to see some of the war wolves’ running back, bloody and battered.

“What is going on?” I yelled and everyone who was still outside came to my side.

“It’s the shape shifters sir, they attacked us by surprise.” One of the wolf’s said, his hair sticking to the blood that caked his forehead.

“The shifters in town?” My dad questioned, walking to stand beside me. I watched the wolf’s eyes widen as he shook his head.

“No sir. It was Victor Salvatore.”

And now the storm was coming in fast.

sad to say happy times are over. Now theyre in for the fight of their lives. And I should probably warn you to prepare yourselfs for the coming chapters because...it gets bad....

picture is of all our characters, the main ones. c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 63 13
Book 1- String of fate series ~Emerson Haneul Wordsworth, the eldest son of the most powerful pack, is anything but an ideal mate. He could tolerate...
1.4K 206 29
"Hello guys. This is the story of Gregory Kirk. He is paranoiac, schizophrenic, has a bipolar disorder, a split personality and he is a serial killer...
104K 4.2K 36
{Book 1 Of The "Destiny Legacies" series} {BoyxBoy} Meet Aiden, the next Alpha of the Royal Mist pack on his journey of finding his mate and the obst...