Strength through emotion (RWB...

By alphafox270

Defeating Melissa didn't come without a price. (Y/N) has suffered a handicap that could potentially kill his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 5

5.1K 115 82
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

Currently team RWBY were discussing the plan for gathering information on the white fang. Blake had revealed her troubles the day before and now that classes had ended for the day all four members would go out and investigate the group. All of them had adorned new outfits for the incoming adventure.

Ruby: Ok! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The white fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Ruby: Let's do this!

???: Yeah!

The girls turned to see a familiar monkey faunus hanging upside down outside their window, his arms crossed with a wide smile on his face while it looked like his tail was the only thing keeping him from falling.

Blake: Sun!?

Yang: How did you get up there!?

Sun: Ah! It's easy! I do it all the time!

???: Don't lie, you needed my help...

RWBY: Huh?

Suddenly Sun was tossed into the room before an annoyed Aidan showed himself climbing through the window, before the team could say anything he opened their window wider much to their confusion before another familiar voice rang out

???: Hey! Is the window fully open yet!?

Aidan: Yes, and you're an idiot for doing this, you could always go through the front door?

???: And miss out on the opportunity for some fun!? You're outta ya mind Aidan!

Ruby: Was that (Y/N)?

Aidan: Yes, you might want to move...

Ruby: Why?

As if answering her question, there was the sound of a small explosion before (Y/N)'s whoop of delight rang out causing everyone except for Aidan to go wide-eyed. (Y/N) came flying through the window with smoke coming off his butt, he crashed straight into Ruby sending the two of them falling to the floor. He quickly stood up unknowingly sitting on Ruby's stomach before shaking his head and coughing up some dead insects.

(Y/N): Man! It can be so fun to use explosive rounds like that, but who knew so many bugs had wings? I could do without the little critters using my teeth as a way of transport!

Blake: Uh, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Hmm?

The boy turned his head to the cat faunus before seeing she was pointing underneath him, he followed the direction of the finger and saw Ruby's bright red face looking up with white eyes. Being the oblivious idiot he was, (Y/N) merely grew his signature smile while raising one hand slightly.

(Y/N): Yo!

Weiss: (Y/N) please get off her before she dies from your weight...

(Y/N): You calling me fat Ice Queen!?

Weiss: Do not call me that!

Weiss smacked (Y/N) in the back of head head causing him to fall forward, and straight into an area that even made him go red-faced. Ruby's ears joined her entire face going red, even redder than strawberries, she suddenly felt steam come off her head and pass out. (Y/N) quickly jumped off but then noticed a dark presence had suddenly appeared in the room.

Yang: (Y/N)...

He fearfully turned his attention to the usually smiling blonde, but this time her eyes were slowly turning red while she cracked her knuckles intimidatingly.

(Y/N): Uhh, Monkey King? A little help here?

Sun: Nope, I know never to mess with a woman on a warpath...

(Y/N): Crud...

Yang: What were you doing to my little sister just now?

(Y/N): Giving her a hug!

Yang: That was an interesting hug (Y/N)...

Yang had her gauntlets on her wrists, she slammed them together causing her hair to stand up while being engulfed in a yellow aura.

(Y/N): Gotta go!

But the boy realised his feet were frozen solid.

(Y/N): Weiss! This isn't funny! She's literally going to kill me! Help!

Weiss: Pay for your perversion...

(Y/N): Blake?

Blake:...

(Y/N): Aidan!?

Aidan: Think of this as an endurance test, let's see how long you can survive Yang Xiao Long before she breaks all your bones...

Yang dashed forward, (Y/N) raised his arms in defence closing his eyes in defiance of the incoming pain. That was until someone stepped in front of the blonde stopping her attack. (Y/N) opened his eyes to see Blake standing there with a clone from using her semblance, the clone held Yang's arms from behind in a full nelson lock while the real Blake had her arms crossed while in front of Yang.

Blake: As much as I want to see him be punished as well, we need him...

Yang: What?

Blake: (Y/N) could take on Melissa, someone who Ozpin warned us was way out of our league, if (Y/N) could take on Melissa, he could certainly take on Roman Torchwick.

Yang: So what? We use him as a bodyguard? We can handle ourselves Blake, we don't need anyone's protection!

Blake: No, I'm heading to a white fang rally, Ruby and Weiss to the CCT and you to that informant of yours. This leaves only one place left, and I can't think of a more suitable punishment for (Y/N) but force him to gather information from there.

Blake walked up to Yang before whispering her plan into her ear. It instantly calmed her down while a sinister smile adorned her face. The clone instantly disappeared while Yang's aura died down and her eyes turned back to lilac.

Blake: Weiss, release him.

With a roll of the eyes, Weiss let the boy go who started to crush Blake in the strong grip he had on her. He was even shaking her back and forth like a doll, until he realised that he was holding another clone while the real Blake was standing next to Yang.

(Y/N): Oh... it's still so soft!!!

Blake: Ignoring that, (Y/N), there's only one location left that you could gather information on the white fang that none of us have time to visit...

(Y/N): Where is it?

Blake: A place that's said to hold the darkest of secrets, your worst fears will come true. No one's ever gone mad while inside, well, except me.

(Y/N): Whatever it is, I'll do it! I'll go through hell and back for my friends!

Team RWBY smiled at that, even the now awake Ruby. But then Blake quickly donned a serious expression while Aidan looked on in curiosity.

Blake: Ok, the place is an evil one, especially for someone with your skills, are you ready, the location of this horrible attraction is...

Dead silence, everyone was waiting in anticipation as an aura of determination grew around (Y/N). He was holding a clenched fist, excited and confident in the challenge Blake was about to present.

Blake: The library of Vale...

Gasps of shock rang out except for Sun and Aidan. Aidan grew an amused smirk whereas Sun was just confused.

Ruby: Dear Oum... (Y/N), don't do it! You'll die in there!

(Y/N): I know Ruby, I know, but if it's for my friends, I'll gladly sacrifice myself to do so!

Ruby: But... (Y/N)...

(Y/N): Hush now little rose, it'll be ok... you need to stay strong. Remember me not as a sad farewell, but remember me for all the good times we had together, my dear friends, I'm afraid this is goodbye...

Yang: Don't say that! You'll pull through! I know you will!

Weiss: Yes! Yang's right! You can survive anything, and when you come back, I expect you to hand us all those delicious brownies of yours from the bakery!

(Y/N): Normally I wouldn't, but this is a dire situation, so I'll keep my promise...

Blake: (Y/N) my friend, I'm so sorry to put you through this...

(Y/N): It's fine Blake, I deserve it, it's my punishment, farewell for now, and hopefully we'll see each other on the other side!

Dramatically all five salute each other making Sun even more confused while Aidan just continued to look on. His smirk now becoming a small warm smile at seeing the closeness of the five friends.

Sun: Uh, dude, what's going on?

Aidan: You may not understand it, but this is merely their normal routine, their friendship has grown stronger for these past few days. They may seem like idiots to everyone else, but to anyone who understands, this is just proof of their undying bond.

Sun: I don't understand? Well, I always get my friends involved, that's why I brought Neptune along!

Aidan glanced out the window and saw the blue-haired boy standing on the ledge outside the window staring at him.

Neptune: Sup...

Aidan: Get in here before you fall to your death.

(Timeskip)

With that, all of them headed off to their respective roles. Of course, Yang and Blake had new unexpected partners in the forms of Neptune and Sun, (Y/N) was currently in the library, he was standing in front of the front desk lady who was busy on her scroll. (Y/N) impatiently crossed his arms while his foot tapped against the floor, speeding up with each passing second.

(Y/N): Come on... it's boring enough I'm in here... oh! I know!

(Y/N) sped off scattering the papers on the lady's desk everywhere, she didn't seem to care though and continued talking on her phone. What she didn't notice was (Y/N) had set up not one, not two and certainly not five, but over twenty megaphones all taped together and pointed at the lady's right ear. He giggled mischievously before turning them all on while walking up to the final one. He turned that one on and held the speaker part with both hands, he took a deep breath, before his mouth planted itself on the megaphone.

(Y/N): HEY LADY!!!!

The aftermath was something (Y/N) wasn't thinking thoroughly about: a massive shock-wave of sound with his sentence being carried by the wind...

(With Yang and Neptune)

Just as Yang was about to turn the corner, she heard and felt the loud shock wave of sound, it caused her front window on her motorbike to shatter to pieces.

Yang: No my baby!

(With Blake and Sun)

Just as the two were handed their white fang masks for the meeting, all of the faunus in the area including Blake and Sun instantly covered their ears at the shock wave, of course, Blake instantly realised who the voice belonged to.

Blake: You're so dead when we get back...

(With Weiss)

Schnee corp operator: Are you sure you wouldn't like me to-

Just before she could finish her sentence, the loud shock-wave caused the screen to literally explode, Weiss was completely shocked, until she realised the voice inside the massive sound wave.

Weiss: Well, at least he saved me from the trouble of the operator possibly patching my father through...

(With (Y/N))

The boy was giggling madly while rolling on the ground at the destruction he caused, he quickly perked his head up and saw the lady's hair was completely blown off from her right side, her scroll shattered into pieces while she seemed dumbfounded. (Y/N) raised a hand while only the hand and his smiling face were visible.

(Y/N): Yo! Got any newspapers on the white fang?

The desk lady shakily raised a finger before pointing behind her, (Y/N) gained a confused look before seeing the door behind the lady with the label of newspapers. He smiled widely before popping off the floor and running past.

(Y/N): Thanks lady!

She didn't respond, instead she sat still in stunned silence while looking around at the devastation: books and papers scattered everywhere, windows completely destroyed with glass littering the floor, not to mention the amount of people stuck to the walls due to the force of the shock-wave. Without another word, she grabbed a piece of paper before muttering to herself.

Desk lady: I need a new job...

(Timeskip)

(Y/N) pushed his body out of the library, his muscles aching from the amount of pages he had to turn and papers he had to hold. He was also panting from the effort he put into finding information. But in the end there was nothing, just the simple robbery here and there, things that Weiss could've gotten anyway, he sighed in disappointment.

(Y/N): Well, guess it's time to meet up, where'd they say to meet again?

(Y/N) spotted a girl with a weird hair colour jumping across rooftops, he raised an eyebrow in confusion before his scroll somehow intact after the sound, he saw it was Blake calling and seems the rest of team RWBY were on the call as well.

Blake: Everyone, if you can hear me, we need back-

Sun: Heellllp!! Big robot! And it's big! Really big!

Yang: Where are you guys!?

(Y/N) looks up after hearing a rumble in the distance before seeing a massive mech through the  buildings.

Sun: Hurry!!!

(Y/N): Alright! Time to have some fun!!

The (H/C) haired boy dashed off after the mech, only for the same multi-colour haired girl to suddenly drop in front of him while holding onto an umbrella. She had pink and brown hair while her eyes too shared the same colour, but there was also some white streaks in the pink part giving her the appearance of a certain ice-cream.

(Y/N): You...

She gave off a smug smirk at seeing the boy in front of her being speechless, that was until he broke into a wide grin.

(Y/N): You are so short!

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 28 13
Y/n and his friends have faced many challenges in the past, but can they handle everything that their enemy has to throw at them now? Rooster teeth o...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
26.7K 509 8
Y/N L/N, a forgotten nobody who just wants to spread joy but is completely ignored by all. His team, his family, his peers, his teachers, everyone se...
53.5K 524 17
F/N has had a crazy first semester at Beacon. Forgiving his sisters, getting a girlfriend, and being told he is chosen to save two worlds. No pressur...