๐“๐‡๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘. ( ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๏ฟฝ...

By -toybot

UNDER REVISION. โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐ŸŒฑ *เฉˆโœฉ ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ผ๐‘ต๐‘ซ๐‘ฌ๐‘น หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท โ› ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช... More

THUNDER!
SOUNDTRACK
part two
part three
Author's note
part four

part one

2K 47 282
By -toybot

╔═══ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ═══╗

THE NEW REBELS OF
CALIFORNIA

╚═══ ◦ ◦ ◈ ◦ ◦ ═══╝

June 8, 1962

THE THREE APPLETON'S WERE rushing down the empty halls of the new school. They wanted make a good impression—well, Tulip wanted to. But right now, it wasn't working out too well.

Josie just wanted to eat and search the entire small town to find a baseball field, or anywhere that could be used to play baseball. James wanted to do the same thing, or anything that meant being with his twin or spreading chaos. You see, the two of them were joined to the hip. Wherever Josie went, James went. If one was spreading havoc around California, there wasn't a doubt that the other one was right by their side. They don't like to admit their close bond, the both of them having too much pride to lay dependence on one another, but even they know that James couldn't go a day with his sister, the same going for Josie.

Finally reaching the horrible door that held the math class, James dramatically held the door open for both his sisters. The whole class went silent and the teacher paused her explanation once the three teenagers entered the room.

"Ah, what wonderful timing for your first day. Your names?" Josie ignored her snarky remark and read her name on her name tag. Mrs. Miller.

"Josie Appleton. This is James Appleton and Tulip Appleton." Mrs. Miller pointed to three empty seats next to a Hispanic looking boy who fidgeted under the three sibling's stares. They all walked towards the seats, Josie not taking her eyes off him as she sat down in the seat closest to him.

He glanced up at Josie for a moment and blushed when he found her staring at him. A smirk took over her features, ignoring what Mrs. Miller was writing on the board. She found him extremely good looking with his hazel eyes that went well with his naturally tan skin. His lips were full and plump, and his hair was wavy and smooth.

Josie held out her hand, sending him a confident smile. "I'm Josie. Well, you already know that." He nervously looked at her hand before shaking it firmly, also sending her a smile, but it was shy.

"Benny Rodriguez. Er, welcome to California," He said, but it sound more like a question than a friendly greeting. Josie chuckled at that, slightly rolling her eyes, but deep down she liked his shyness.

It made him different from most guys from her neighborhood back in Oregon who
would shout crude remarks. Some were more respectful and would just wink and try putting their hands on her legs or feeling her up. In return they would get a hard punch to the nose, sometimes if she was in a bad mood, she would even knee them in the balls.

"We don't bite, ya know." She winked and sent him a reassuring smile. The tension in his muscles loosened up a bit, and he returned the smile.

"Josie, why ya always lyin'? Ya once made a guy cry for stealing your fry!" Josie rolled
her eyes harshly when James spoke up. She smiled when she heard a hand collide with a head and a loud whine.

"James, shut the hell up! Quit being a shitbag!" Tulip scolded him, and in return got a victorious snicker. Tulip turned to Benny, and her scowl that was directed at her brother turned to soft smile. "Excuse my brother. His brain is still developing and has problems with being a dickhead." She snapped her head back to James again to glare at him.

Benny laughed, amused with the siblings bantering and their closeness. He smiled when Tulip and James started arguing if they should ditch or not while Josie was agreeing with her twin. He definitely was going to enjoy having their company.

════ ◦◦★ ◦◦ ════

"So, are you single?" Benny looked to his side to see James looking in front of them as they walked through the busy hallway. Wait, did he just ask me that? Benny thought.

"Sorry, man. I don't swing tha-" he started to say, but was cut off by James scoffing.

"Sorry, man. You're not my type." James winked at the baseball loving boy, causing Benny to almost run into a person. "What I meant was if you were in a relationship since you were giving my sister bedroom eyes."

Benny choked on his own breath, becoming nervous. James was big guy, standing a head taller than Benny and towering over everyone else. "W-what? I wasn't giving her bedroom eyes. I swear I-"

"Answer the damn question, Rodriguez." His voice was calm and he was still dodging people, not looking at Benny. The Hispanic boy stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"N-no. I'm not in a relationship. And I'm not looking for one." He spoke truthfully, "I love baseball, man. I'll take that over a girl any day." He felt James' stare burning into the side of his face.

"James, quit bothering him." He heard a feminine, teasing voice before he saw Josie go to her brother's side. James swung his arm over Josie's shoulder and her arm wrapped around his waist, leaning her head on his chest. They were stopped in front of Benny as he opened his locker.

When he stared at Josie, she was beautiful. Well, a person didn't have to stare at her to know she was unfairly attractive, but just drinking in her features, she was gorgeous. She had light brown eyes that shone in the light, full soft lips, and short, dark hair that was curly and thick. Her smirks sent chills down his spine, and she chose clothes that hugged her curves in the right places; short jean shorts, and a plaid shirt that was tied up, showing her stomach.

"Rodriguez? Benny?" Her voice shook him out of his daydreaming, and he focused on her to see a hand waving in front of his face. "You okay? You kinda zoned out for a while." She put her hand on her hip, staring at him questionably.

He shook his head as if to clear his thoughts. "Uh, Yeah. Fine. Hey, do you and your siblings wanna sit with me and my friends. There's only two of them." He offered.

Josie looked at her brother before looking back to Benny and nodding. "Sure, as long as if they ain't dickheads." She winked, causing Benny to laugh.

"Trust me, they may seem like jerks at first, but they're nice guys when you get to know 'em."

Josie and James nodded, before James stepped aside. "Well then, baseball boy. Lead the way."

Benny walked ahead, oblivious to the sarcastic girl's interested look.

═════ ◦◦★◦◦════

Benny lead the Appleton sibling's to where his friends were sitting; Bertram and Kenny. The two of them were currently in a rock, paper, scissors session until they spotted Benny, waving and smiling, but halting when they saw the new people behind him.

Bertram's smiled faded while Kenny's faded only a little bit, but then a grin overtook his face, happy that there was some more people in town that had his coloring.

"Hey guys. Guys, meet Josie, Tulip and James Appleton. Appleton's meet Kenny DeNunez and Bertram Grover Weeks." He introduced, seeing his old friend's curious glances.

"'Sup." Josie nodded her head with a chill expression while James popped his bubblegum and stared at them. Tulip was the only kind one, smiling and waving with a enthusiastic 'hi'.

Bertram gave an awkward wave before him and Kenny got up to drag Benny away. "Dude, where did you get them?" Bertram asked while Kenny stayed silent.

"Dude, they're new. They don't have anyone!"

"They're siblings. They have each other!"

Benny rolled his eyes harshly. "They're cool people. Trust me, you'll like them." He patted Bertram's shoulder firmly before dragging the two of them back to where the Appleton's were seated.

"So, whatcha like doing?" Kenny asked James out of pure curiosity to see if he liked what him and all his other friends loved; baseball.

James shrugged. "I dunno know. Stealing, drinking, smoking a little pot. You?" He answered calmly, while the three boys in front of him had they're mouths hanging open. Sure, they've seen people smoking and drinking, but they have never met a person who actually did it. Let alone admit it.

"James, quit messing around." Tulip nudged her brother's arm, before looking over at the shocked boys, and nervously smiled. "We like playing baseball. Well, Josie the most, actually." Her smiled faded when Bertram and Kenny burst out into laughter, wiping away imaginary tears.

"You're right, Benny! They are cool!" Their laughter died down upon noticing the annoyed faces coming from everyone at the table. "Oh come on, it's funny! A girl playing baseball?" Kenny let out another snort.

"So, you think that just because Josie's a girl means that she can't play baseball?" Tulip snarled, her brother glaring daggers at them.

"Well, yeah," Bertram shrugged. "I mean, it's a guy thing. Girls are supposed to like pink dresses and makeup. Like you!" He gestured to Tulip with his hand.

Josie leaned over the table with a menacing look, causing him to shrink back. "Never ever say a sexist thing like that again in my presence if you don't want a knee to the balls." She hissed, raising her eyebrows as a dare for anyone to challenge her. Smirking when they didn't, she got out of her seat and swung her backpack over her shoulders, smiling as if she didn't just threaten them, and waved. "Hope I don't see you later, bitches!"

Benny watched in shock and amazement before a laugh escaped his lips, his eyes never leaving the three retreating figures. Okay, he officially might've had a small crush on Josie Appleton.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

Okay, I just wanted to say I was sorry for not updating but I hope I didn't disappoint you with this chapter!

And remember, comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 2.7K 23
let me show you how horrible life can actually be. but let me also show you how much it can change by 9 guys. (Lowercase intended) ยฉ 2019
6.2K 83 18
*COMPLETED* Y/n appears in The Sandlots movie and realized that she was in The Sandlots movie coming from the future 2023 to 1962. She ends up fallin...
190K 1.9K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...
19.2K 174 16
the year was summer, 1962, and me, my mom, and my step-dad, Bill, had just moved to San Fernando Valley. i had always had a very passionate love for...