Closed Doors | Larry Stylinso...

By LittleBubbleStyles

Everything changed when Harry had to transfer to North Bridge in his last year of school, suddenly being away... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter: Part 1
Bonus Chapter: Part 2

Sixteen

12K 431 1.3K
By LittleBubbleStyles

The rest of the school week dragged on dreadfully. He and Louis were not really talking to one another. They hadn't met up to have sex, and the tight tension continued to build up between them. Harry didn't think that cutting off their sexual relationship would lead to them not talking. He was pretty disappointed that Louis felt compelled to keep his distance.

It sucked, but at least the week was over, and none of the football team, including Stan, had really bothered him about the video anymore. In fact, he barely saw them at all.

Come weekend time, Nick asked to hang out with Harry again, and of course, since he had no plans, he accepted. He wasn't sure if it qualified as another date or if this was two friends hanging out, but they ended up at the mall.

So Harry didn't think much about it. He would assume that if Nick took him on a proper date, they would go somewhere other than to shop. Maybe dinner or a movie, or a trip to the park, but the mall ... it was becoming too dull for him. He knew Nick had some shopping he needed to do for his family.

Apparently, his older sister had an upcoming baby shower, and he needed to get stuff for that. And obviously, he figured bringing Harry alongside him would be more entertaining than shopping alone - plus, Harry wasn't very good at rejecting him.

They spent a couple hours lingering around some of the baby shops. Harry picked out a few cute outfits, a pair of shoes, and a fluffy baby blanket for the shower. Afterward, Nick led them over to the food court, getting the two of them lunch while Harry went to grab a table. It almost felt like deja vu once Harry sat down. Not too long ago, he was in this exact same spot when he saw Cara and her friends walk into the area.

That same day he learned about her and Reid's affair, and it was absolutely humiliating to know that everyone was aware of this but him. He felt like a fool, so now that he was back in the same position, he was a little bit cautious as he looked around the area. He knew a lot of students from West Point came here. Hell, he used to go here all the time with Reid and their friends.

"It looks like we are having burgers and fries," Nick said as he eventually joined the table, setting down their tray of food and taking a seat across

Harry smiled in response as he grabbed his portion of the food.

"I promise I can take you on a better date than this."

Harry's eyebrows raised. "What?"

He didn't think he was thinking out loud. Nick must realize that these mall trips are becoming lame as well.

"I want to take you on a date."

"Is this not one?" Harry wondered, dipping his fry into the ketchup.

Nick reached across for Harry's free hand and brought it up to his lips, pressing a kiss across his knuckles. Harry swallowed tightly. "No, babe. I mean, like, I want to take you to a nice dinner and spoil you."

Harry wasn't sure he liked being called babe by Nick, but the thought of actually being taken out for dinner was lovely. Harry wasn't used to being spoiled, and he really wasn't used to being with someone who gave him affection. With Reid, he hardly wanted to do anything at all. At most, they went to the movies or the mall. Harry had to practically beg him to take him out for Valentine's Day or their anniversary. It was always a chore.

"That would be nice," Harry commented after he pondered the idea.

As happy as he was to see how excited Nick got over this, there was still something unsettling in his stomach. He couldn't stop thinking about Louis. He couldn't stop hoping that Louis would be the one to ask him out. Everything that Nick did for him he wanted Louis.

It was terrible, and Harry knew that if he was going to give Nick a chance, he really needed to let him go. He couldn't continue to compare the two of them when they were completely the opposite. Nick wanted to commit to him. Louis made it known that he wasn't ready for any of that - that should have been the biggest clue. But here he was, completely hung up on him still. It wasn't fair to himself, and it wasn't fair to Nick.

Harry did want to try. He wanted to push past this barrier where he only saw them as friends and see if they could be boyfriends. It was just hard when he still craved Louis. His mind, soul, and body wanted him. If he was going to pursue Nick, then he knew he had to get over that. He wasn't sure how he was going to do that, but he needed to.

"What about next weekend?" Nick questioned, jolting Harry from his mind.

The answer to Nick's question got caught behind a lump in his throat, and he couldn't find the proper words to say yes. He knew he was going to, that was the point of him moving on from Louis and giving Nick a chance, but for some reason, he could not flat out give a response. He would have been worried about Nick's expression had it not been for someone interrupting their conversation. It was honestly the distraction Harry needed, so he didn't get the chance to choke out a pitiful yes. He felt a body coming up behind him and then a grimly hand pressing to his back. He didn't realize his that Nick was still holding on to his hand until he was instinctively jerking it from him.

The smell of the person immediately gave away who it was, and Harry had to hold back a groan when he realized it. He didn't even have to turn around to confirm it. The musky scent mixed in with a hint of weed had Harry flaring his nose, causing his stomach to churn in a nauseating way. Nick's eyes flicked up to the person, and the way his expression morphed into something of confusion and annoyance was all that Harry needed to know that he was once again trapped. He really needed to stop coming to the mall.

"Harry Styles," was his greetings.

Harry groaned in response and shrugged the hand off his back. "What do you want, Reid?"

Recognition crossed Nick's face.

"Are you on a date?" Reid questioned, a sly smirk on his face as he walked around the table to stand between the two of them. He looked at Harry and Nick with a thoughtful expression. "What happened to Lo - "

"Why are you here?" Harry quickly interrupted. He had a feeling Reid knew about Louis, and he wasn't about to let him blurt it out.

"Just shopping around. I saw that you were here, and I couldn't resist saying hi to you, beautiful."

Bleh. Harry could barf.

"Are you done, mate?" Nick stepped up and asked, eyebrows furrowed together. He looked a little pissed, slightly concerned, and like he was on full alert.

"What's it to you?"

Nick abruptly pushed his chair back and stood up, body turned toward Reid's and sizing him up.

Harry sighed as he reached over to grab his hand. "He's not worth it, Nick."

Nick relaxed a little, and he slowly sat himself down again. He glanced at Harry and eased him with a smile.

"Oh, I see what's going on," Reid chuckled devilishly, reaching out to yank on one of Harry's curls. Harry jerked his head the opposite way and frowned. "This is your new guy. He was the one in the video?"

Harry's heart sank to his stomach, and he tried ignoring the rapid movement of Nick's eyes to him. How the hell did Reid know about the video?.

"How do you know about that?" Harry asked hastily, not even bothering to hide the lie he tried to give to Nick.

Reid shrugged, still smirking. "I always knew you were a slut, Harry. I just didn't think you would ever get to the point of filming yourself. I see how desperate for attention you are and why your new boy toy is trying to defend you. He needs your mouth to be doing other things."

Anger started to build up inside of Harry, and he could no longer keep it buried. He stood up from the chair and push Reid back. "You're an asshole."

Reid continued to laugh and turned to glance at Nick for his reaction. When he saw how shocked and confused he looked about the situation, something else clicked. Harry knew he was digging himself a big hole right now.

"It wasn't him?" Reid questioned after a moment, after calculating every twitch to Nick's face.

Nick slowly shook his head, eyes wide and still glaring at Harry.

Before Reid could make any further comments about it, like exposing who was really in the video, Harry left. He pushed past Reid, grabbed hold of Nick's wrist, and led the two of them out of the area. The silence was thick between them, and Harry knew that Nick must have many questions circulating in his head now that he knew it wasn't Reid in the video. It wasn't something he wanted to address or talk about.

Once the two of them were free from the food court, Harry let go of Nick's hand and slumped against the wall. He buried his face into his hands and let out a loud groan. He couldn't believe this was how his day turned out.

"It's Louis, isn't it?" Nick mumbled, still in a state of shock.

Harry removed his hands and blinked. "What?"

"I knew he didn't like me, but ever since you came along, it was like his hatred grew a lot more." Nick began shaking his head. "I never understood why, but then I realized the two of you sneak off together all the time. At lunch - I've seen you two outside, and I've seen you in the hallway with him. It's him, isn't it?"

Harry swallowed, his heart picking up speed. "Nick," he pleaded under his breath.

"The video is recent?"

Harry closed his eyes and nodded.

Nick blew out a big breath and ran his fingers down the side of his face. "You and Louis are fucking, aren't you?"

"Nick," Harry pleaded again, stepping up to him. "We were, but not anymore. Nothing is happening. I stopped it."

"Are you lying to me? Is that why you can never say yes to me?"

Harry bit his lip. "It's complicated."

"You like him a lot, though."

It wasn't a question, more of a statement, but Harry still nodded. There was no point in denying it, and he didn't want to lie to him. Especially after Nick just asked him out, he deserved to know the truth. And the fact was that Harry liked Louis. He liked him so fucking much.

Ironically, Nick didn't seem too upset at the revelation. He had a look on his face as if this was something he was expecting. It made Harry feel a little bit better. He didn't want to upset or hurt Nick in any way, but now that he knew where his feelings truly lay, he didn't feel as guilty.

It was all out there in the open. And when Nick reached for Harry's hands to gently hold on to, he felt every muscle in his body start to relax.

"I'm not mad or anything," was the first thing Nick said, and Harry raised an eyebrow, slightly wary. "I get it. Your heart is with someone else right now, and I'm not trying to make you do anything you don't want to do. Louis really is a great person when he wants to be, and he is lucky to have you." Harry swallowed, eyes diverting to the ground. "I also know he's complicated, and he's probably not making this easy for you."

Harry snorted. "You could say that."

"I don't mind still hanging around you, though. Like, you and Louis shouldn't keep our friendship apart. And maybe, it'll end up working out for you."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe the more Louis sees us together and hanging out as friends, he might realize he wants you just as much."

Harry let out a breathy laugh. "You're saying that you'll help make him jealous?"

"I mean," Nick shrugged, smiling. "I don't mind hanging out with you. You're not that bad of a person." Harry rolled his eyes at the comment. "I'm also not going to keep trying to flirt and take you on dates when clearly you want it to be Louis. If you just want things to be cool between us, then I understand. Just, please make sure whenever Louis finally realizes he's in love with you that he treats you right."

Harry's heart started beating quicker in his chest. "You think he could love me?"

"I've barely seen you two together, but when I have - Harry, he can't keep his eyes off of you."

He honestly could start crying right now. It felt so good to hear something like that.

"I told him that our arrangement was over and that I wasn't going to wait around for him," Harry then recited, blinking over at Nick. "So being cool with you is just what I need, honestly. Everything is so complicated."

Harry was glad they had this conversation. It made him feel better him less guilty about all the times he thought about Louis. Nick needed to know. The truth needed to be told, and he was tired of feeling like shit any time he hung out with Nick but was thinking about Louis. At least now, the truth was out.

"Just don't fall for me," Nick teased, winking.

Harry rolled his eyes and laughed, playfully shoving his shoulder. "If I fall off you, then I fall for you. I just - I'm glad you know. I'm a people pleaser, and I didn't want to disappoint you ... but I like Louis so fucking much it makes me go mad sometimes."

"I get it," Nick eased, wrapping an arm around Harry's shoulder and starting to walk again. "Just let me know if I'm being too pushy or flirty. I can't help it sometimes."

"You've been fine."

"Have I?"

Harry shrugged, giggling. "I've been weird because I had a lot going on in my mind, but I won't stop you. As long as you know that I do like Louis right now."

"I know that," Nick smirked. "Does that mean I can still take you out?"

"I won't object."

"Kissing?"

Harry stopped walking and turned to face him, pursing his lips thoughtfully. "I mean ... " he hummed, biting his lip when Nick made a curious expression. "If it happens, it happens. I am single."

Nick's eyebrow raised, and he stepped into Harry's space. He gently cupped the side of his face and angled his head towards himself. With a smile, he leaned in a little. "You won't stop me then?"

Harry's heart started beating quicker and quicker. He knew the kiss didn't mean anything. It was just casual, and Harry could do causal. The two of them were excellent, and if kissing became a thing, then so be it. Nick knew what he was getting into, and it wasn't like Harry was hiding his feelings anymore. So, he let it happen. They've kissed before, and there was no harm in letting it happen again.

When the two of them pulled apart, Harry started laughing. He had never felt so much relief after a kiss as he did just now. It was strange and refreshing, but they could do it.

After the kiss, Nick took Harry's hand and started to lead them through the mall again. As they began the walk, Harry turned his head towards the window of the closest store. He didn't think much of it as he looked around what was inside as they passed.

However, while Harry was looking through the window, he caught sight of something - of someone, and it made him pull back to completel stop.

He saw Louis. More strangely, he saw Louis dressed in work clothes. And the second he noticed Harry on the other side of the window, he quickly bolted away.

Now that was something Harry didn't understand at all.

//

Dun, Dun, Dun.

Is it weird for Louis having a job? Hmmmmmmm, maybe there's a good reason.

Stay tuned again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 58 31
Nkoe Lenka is a thirty-year-old owner of an Art Gallery, a web development firm and a part-time hacker. Having gotten out of a relationship, she is n...
268K 13.8K 25
The model who stole the Spotlight, stole Harry's dignity. Everything that begins with bad intentions ends with bad consequences, but Harry fails to r...
Hollow By Lori

Teen Fiction

172K 6.6K 46
He watched from a distance as she played. Running through the park, chasing something from her imagination, he'd never seen her so happy. It was the...
129K 4.4K 22
Writing. It's a passion. Volleyball. It's also a passion. Two completely different passions, two completely different reasons to like them, but that...