The Fox's Prey

Por lilKari27

Amber Bourgeois. 14. Aside from her family, and close friends, No one knew she existed. Her mother had died m... Más

Amber's Backstory

46 0 0
Por lilKari27

Amber was only 2 years old,when her mother died mysteriously. Nobody ever explained what exactly had happened to her mother. She was only told that her mom was gone.

She only had a few faint memories of the woman:A beautiful brunette with with honey brown eyes,that were filled only with kindness and compassion. She rarely saw her mother,she always seemed to be busy,but when she was with amber,time seemed to stop for her and nothing else mattered.

Soon after her mother's death,Amber met a new woman,her stepmom. Who,she was told,would be her "new mother"

The woman was a pretty blonde with blue eyes,she was kind,not as much as her mother but enough for her liking.Soon enough she met a new member of the family,Chloe.

Chloe,was her Half-sister.They had the same father,different mother.Chloe was a lively,hyper active,very childish,little girl.She had blue eyes and blonde hair.On the other hand Amber,looked like her mother,Honey-brown eyes with light brown hair and light skin,slightly tanner skin,than her half-sister. Amber loved her half-sibling.Chloe was always there for her,kind,caring and attentive.

But One day,when Amber was 9 and Chloe was 7 everything changed.

"Amber!Chloe! I need both of you..now"

"COMING!!!" both siblings yelled,running down the stairs

"What is it daddy?"Chloe said, standing infront of their father.

"I.....well" Mr.Bourgeois sighted,not knowing how to say what he wanted to say

"Where's mommy?" Chloe asked innocently,looking around

"She's usually home by dinner and...daddy?" Chloe stopped abruptly, now noticing her father's tear stricken face

"is everything alright?" Amber asked,she had been staring at her father's face,trying to read his emotions

"Girls..." he paused and then continued "Chloe...your mother has gone missing"

"What do you mean daddy?" Chloe asked

"Missing?" Amber questioned

"Yes" he said,choking on his tears "I called the police and they're looking for her,but there is no trace of her"
Chloe began to cry,and both Amber and Mr.bourgeois tried to console her but nothing they said worked.

Unexpectedly,Chloe pushed them both away as hard as she could and ran her way up the stairs and slammed the door of the room both Amber and her shared.

Amber looked at her father,empathy filling her eyes,and gave him a tight hug.Before walking up the stairs,and knocking on their shared bedroom door.

"Chloe?"She heard silent sobs

"Go away!"Chloe yelled from inside the bedroom "I hate all of you!"

"Chloe,please,i just want to help you....i know how you feel"Amber continued "I've gone th-"

"NO!" chloe yelled "No,you havent! not because you are my big sister are you a know it all!"

"Chloe,please open up"Amber insisted

Approximately 30 minutes passed and Chloe didn't open the door.An hour passed and the sobs were not audible anymore.Another hour later Amber was woken up by her father,she had fallen asleep,next to her bedroom door in the middle of the hallway

"Amber?"Mr.Bourgeois spoke

"Father?"Amber said

"What happened?"he asked

"She doesn't want to talk to me,father,or to anyone...what do we do?"

"Don't Worry,everything will be fixed soon"

"Hopefully"amber said as she sighted,Chloe was a great sister,even if they were only sister by father,she wanted old Chloe back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks ,months and eventually a year passed. No trace of Chloe's mother. Chloe did come out her room in that time,but she wasn't the same.She wore a fake smile, Complained about everything and had a snobby,uncaring attitude.Her hobby became bullying others,and Amber couldn't tolerate it.

Her relationship with Chloe,quickly deteriorated and once she turned 11,the situation had become way too overwhelming for their father and he decided to send Amber to Spain,to live her grandmother.

~~~~~~~~
​​​​​​

After only months of living in Spain,She missed Chloe,not the Chloe that she had left behind,the Chloe she had grown up with.Time passed quicky and before she knew it,she was Fourteen.

Her Grandma had surprised her with a Birthday cupcake and cute little candle.

"Feliz cumpleaños Querida" She'd said as she sat close to her on her bed, and kissed her forehead softly. Then she'd handed her a black box with red swirling symbols and smiled at her, a visible nostalgia in her eyes.

"Those used to be your Mother's" she said softly "I thought you might like to have them" The wrinkles around her eyes popped out more as she closed her eyes and sighed. "Take good care of those" she said and walked out of her room

Amber took a deep breath as she opened the small box, a pair of gold flower pearl earrings starring back at her.

"How pretty" she said smiling sadly

Suddenly a flash of light emerged from the small jewelry box startling her, and before she could react a floating rabbit was obstructing her view.

Amber hopped back as a startled shriek escaped her throat.

"Oopsie,sorry didn't mean to startle you,my name is zoey"

"W-What are you?"Amber asked warily, picking up a book just in case.

"I'm a kwami!" the creature said happily,TOO happily for the situation.

"What's a kwami?"Amber asked still dazed.

"A kwami is a creature that can grant powers, Kind of like a genie, you could say,but specifically I can make you a superhero,Amber!" The kwami said excitedly

"What? B-but Why? How!?"

"You were the chosen one,that's how"

"Chosen one?'

"Well...Technically, Your mother was the chosen one, I knew about you through her..."

"You knew my mother?" Amber asked surprised.

"Yes...she was great human being"

"I-I have sooo many questions"

"Breathe" the kwami said soothingly

Amber took a deep breath

"I can answer all you questions, But first...I need to know....are you willing to take the responsibilty your mother had before she died?"

"Mmmm....I-I need time to think Zoey...I can't just become a hero. Don't I need training?"

"You don't. You're caring by nature and the miraculous amplifies your movement and physical skill"

"I only ask for some time, a day or two"

"Amber...That's too long, there are people being victims of all kinds of stuff out in the world"

"Alright then. I'll give it a try, but I'm not yet accepting it, okay?"

"Okay"

"Question."

"Mmmm?"

"If I decide that I don't want to be a hero...What will happen?"

"I think that means that another holder will be chosen...but thats never happened before,so I'm not absolutely sure."

"Okay. Zoey I will be a hero...For now. What do I have to do?"

"Great!"the kwami said happily

"First I need to explain a few things."the kwami paused as it took a deep breath "You can stay transformed for as long as you want except when you use your ability,to use your ability you must say "HOP ON!" after you use your abilty,you only have 5 minutes before you detransform,you must keep your identity secret,no one must know who's behind the mask"

"Okay zoey,got it"

"Good"

"Now put the earrings on and say "Zoey ears out!''Amber put the earrings on her heart pumping excitedly. She was really scared but at the same time she was excited.

"Zoey, ears out!"

In a matter of seconds,a flash of light surrounded Amber and she was transformed

"uhhhh...zoey,ZOEY!?"Amber walked towards her dresser to look her self in the mirror.The first thing she saw were the long rabbit ears that were on her head,her hair was down. She then moved down to see that she was wearing a light brown and white spandex suit , A pair of of golden nunchucks hanging around her waist.

"Whoa,nice! "she said and began to spin the nunchucks in a defensive way "I've always liked martial arts"she said grinning goofily.

"Ooh~ ,what's this?'she said,curious as she stared at a part of the nunchucks that had a pearl engraved and couldn't help but press the pearl.

In a matter of seconds the Nunchucks had transformed into a Golden staff "This weapon is amazing!"Amber exclaimed gushing at the staff.

"Amber,are you ok?"asked Amber's grandma knocking on the door

"Yes,Nana ,I'm fine"Amber answered

"Oh ok,I thought I heard you calling me"

"um...no,its-its the tv"

"Oh ok, Breakfast will be ready in a few"

"Thanks Nana"

"Zoey ,detransform me!"Amber said once the coast was clear

in another flash of light,there was only same old Amber standing there,next to her new found kwami.

"So how do I know if theres trouble" Amber asked

"Gotta patrol around the city. Around here, there's hardly any mischief" The rabbit said contemplating "Maybe later on you can move onto an area where your assistance indispensable...'

"What do you mean zoey"

"i feel one of my kwami friend's aura...and he's in danger in france"

"Oh,so does that imply i need to move?"

"Maybe..."

"Okay Zoey,Hide. I'm going down for Breakfast"

The kwami hid in Amber's hair and Amber went down for lunch.Even before a year passed danger arose and Amber bourgeois was ready for what life brought forth,after she arrived at France.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a small side note.Amber's main weapon are the nunchucks,but when it is currently a staff and she needs to use nunchucks she just presses the pearl again and pulls the staff appart,like into halves and tadaaa

~~~~~~~~
"But you're my natural prey,and y'know what happens when animal instincts take over"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

469K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
282K 18K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
146K 4.9K 100
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
246K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...