Because Love Is Not Enough

By missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... More

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Chapter 9 Family
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 10 College Day
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 12. Reminscing the past
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 14. Be my queen
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned
Chapter 19 Creeps

Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!

76 23 17
By missb00kw0rm

Avantika's POV

The ride to his apartment was silent enough to let me think what I was going to do next. He didn't pester me with his rants and concentrated on driving his car. He was driving a Renault kwid.

He stopped his car in front of a beautiful building. This must be his apartment building. He climbed out of the car in hurry and opened the car door for me.

We entered the building. It had double glass door entrance with intricate design on the glass. The place looked expensive. I don't think I will be able to afford it but right now I don't have a choice. I need some time to save enough money to afford a cheaper place. Until then I need to stay at this place. We stepped on the elevator.

"My flat is on the third floor. Jai must be at college now...... Ummm... Are you okay now? Do you need anything?"

His concern made me remember Ranveer. No! Avantika, not this time. He doesn't care for you. He is a sick man. He abused you mentally and physically.

"No, I am good. Just tired, I guess."

"Why won't you? You were a step away from dying."

We reached on the floor. He pulled out the keys from his pant pockets and strolled up to his door. He dug the key into the keyhole and turned it. The hard wooden door opened revealing a beautiful living room.

The walls were painted in off-white colour. Beige coloured couch was placed in front of a black LED television. On the right hand was the kitchen island. The kitchen looked as if it was designed by an interior designer. It consisted of every possible gadget a kitchen would need. Wow, this place looks so lavish. But this strains me the most. I can't afford a place like this. This guy is definitely rich if owns a place like this.

"Do you like the place? I know its a little messy, my brother and I are not home often so we don't usually have the time to clean up. We hired a maid a while ago but she left a few days ago due to some personal issues. You don't worry about it, I will clean up your room soon. You can wait here on the couch for a while."

This guy who doesn't even know my last name is doing so much for me. And the man for whom I left everyone so that I can be with him, left me for some whore.

"Please you don't need to clean the room. You have already done so much for me, I don't know if I ever will be able to repay you. I don't have any money to pay you but I can do the chores."

He suddenly came up to me and assured me,"I didn't brought you here to do the chores Avantika."

The way my name rolled up on his tongue sent shivers up to my spine. It felt like, I have the most beautiful name in the world. I felt lucky to be called Avantika by him.

Wait what....... Where did that came from? This guy is helping me just because he pity me and has a heart of a size of a meteor. Here I am thinking such weird things. My inner monologue is so rubbish.

"Oh my god, how can I be so inconsiderate? I am extremely sorry, I didn't even ask you for a glass of water. You must be starving too."

"Its okay, I don't feel like eating anything. I just want to take a shower and then rest for a while, if that's okay with you."

He showed me my room and left the room. I examined the room for a while. It was painted in pastel shades. In the centre of the room was a queen-sized bed. It had white sheets and a light blue coloured comforter. The room had a wide balcony. But I felt too tired to enjoy the view in front of me.

I took off my clothes to prepare myself for a long shower.

The bathroom was as beautiful as the room. It had a sliding glass door for the shower place. I opened the door and turned on the shower.

The hot water cascaded down my naked body. I touched the area under my breast and felt a slight pain in there. Thankfully the fall from the stairs didn't cause any serious injuries. The warm water helped my tensed muscles to relax. I applied a little amount of jasmine scented shampoo. Do these boys use this kind of shampoo, weird......

I massaged some on my scalp and rinsed my hair thoroughly.

I scrubbed my skin vigorously to wash away every dirt and every touch of Ranveer. I scrubbed my face, neck and every part of my body which reminisced me of him.

The touch which I used to crave so badly now make me regret my decision. I sat down on the tiled floor and started sobbing.

No Avantika, you have mourned enough. You have to become strong and show everyone that I am not that weak girl. I will no more be the girl who used depend on her family and her boyfriend. I will find a part-time job and continue my studies.

I stood up and turned off the water. I wrapped the towel around my soaked body. I was so riled up in my thoughts that I didn't think what I was going to wear. There might be some clothes of one these boys in the closet. That will suffice for now.

I stepped out of the bathroom only to see Gaurav standing in front of me. I clutched the towel to my chest and screamed with all the energy left in me. "Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! What the fuck are you doing here???? Get out the... Ummmm......"

He jumped on my screaming and clamped his hand over my mouth. "Stop screaming woman. I just came to provide some fresh clothing. If you will scream like this, the neighbours will be here at any time. And seeing you in only a towel, the situation will get worse. Now I am going remove my hand, please don't scream. Okay"

He handed me the clothes and left the room. I blinked and tried to comprehend what had just happened. I didn't waste more time and wore the clothes. There were a washed light blue skinny fit jeans and a red t-shirt. Both fitted me well. I wondered whose clothes were these. He even gave me a set of clean white underwear and bra. It felt uncomfortable wearing a stranger's clothes but what choice do I have. I should feel fortunate after today's incident. But mostly I feel embarrassed of myself. I tried to commit suicide because of that scum bag and now I am living in a strangers place and burrowing their clothes. I am suffering all this because of my irrational decisions.

I dried and combed my wet hair and stepped out of the room. I saw Gaurav in the kitchen stirring something in a pot. It smelled heavenly. He saw me gawking at him like a kid in front of ice cream shop and grinned at me.

"I see that clothes fit you properly. These clothes belong to my brother's girlfriend. She comes here often so she keeps few of her clothes here.
I prepared you some chicken soup. I am not great at cooking but my brother likes it very much."

He smiled at me and poured the steaming soup into a glass bowl. The smell entered into my nostrils and my stomach growled in response. He looked so peaceful in doing his thing. His dark hair looked messy which made him look more boyish. His smile was contagious which brought one on my face too.

I walked up to him and offered him to help a little. He had already done so much for me. I didn't want to bother him anymore.

"You can go and rest, I will serve the soup. You look exhausted already. I can do the rest."

He handed me the bowl and stepped out of the kitchen. I took the bowl full of hot soup and started walking toward the living room. But I tripped on something and the hot soup fell on my hand. The burning soup scalded my skin and a cry left my lips.

"Aaahhh!!!"

*********************************
Point out the mistakes my grammar nazis, I would love to edit them and improve my writing skills.

And don't forget the three magical words.......

Vote❤Comment❤Share❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 1.1K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
255 36 9
~Avantika Sharma ~ Meet this caring, charming and soft hearted girl. Fiesty yet innocent, sweet yet sarcastic, loyal and stubborn and a ball full of...
909 45 25
A story of unrequited love of an average guy Ishaan,for the most popular girl in his school Avantika.Throughout his schooling, he grapples with his f...
39.8K 1.4K 23
You died and got isekai'd into the manga/manhwa titled, "Father I Don't Want This Marriage!". You have been reincarnated into the body of the 9 year...