The Same?

By Sweet_Sydney14

Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven

Six

4.3K 92 13
By Sweet_Sydney14

Abbey put on a dark red hoodie and some black running pants. She tied her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her water bottle, her phone, and her earbuds. Then, Abbey headed out of her room and went downstairs.

❌ ❌ ❌

It was still dark as Abbey walked out of the house. If she wasn't going to get any sleep, Abbey usually went for a jog.

Abbey placed her ear buds into her ears and played her music. Then, she began her nightly jog.

After about two hours, Abbey stopped her jog and came upon a tree. She grabbed a branch that was close to her, and she hoisted herself up. Abbey climbed the tree until she was at least four to five feet from the ground.

When Abbey was little, she loved to climb trees. She remembered the smell that came off of the trees in the dewy morning. Yet, for some reason, Abbey never actually saw herself climb a tree. She remembered the texture of the tree, the way it moved in the wind. Abbey remembered feeling sweat move down her face as she climbed. The prick of splinters as her hands tried to hold on. Abbey also remembered seeing a man, his hands were always behind his back. A smile always on his lips as he watched Abbey play. Then, he always took her back inside. He yelled at Abbey, scolded her, and even hit her. Abbey could never see the man's face, it was always blurry.

As Abbey sat on a strong tree branch, she heard a twig snap. Abbey's breathing stopped. She got into her defensive mode. Abbey could almost feel the heat radiating off of her. She knew her eyes had to be glowing by now.

"Abbey?" A voice came from below the tree.

To Abbey, the voice sounded like it was right by her ear. She spun around, lost her footing, and fell four feet to the ground. But she never hit the cold wet grass. Abbey could feel someone's hands around her back and her legs.

"What the hell Abbey?!"

Abbey looked up and could faintly make out the outline of Alex's face.

"Alex?" Abbey tried to calm herself down, "What are you doing out here?"

"Me?!" Alex exclaimed silently, "What are you doing out here?"

"I couldn't sleep." Abbey replied.

"I saw your door open, I thought you might've left."

"Why would I leave?" Abbey asked.

Alex was silent.

Abbey cleared her throat.

"I think you can put me down now Alex."

"Oh, right, sorry." Alex set Abbey on the ground.

"So," Alex started, "when you can't sleep you climb trees?"

Abbey chuckled, the two began to walk back towards the mansion.

"I go for jogs mostly." Abbey put a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I've been having a hard time sleeping lately. I just don't know why."

"Everyone has a hard time sleeping now and then."

Abbey scoffed and rolled her eyes. Thankfully It was dark out so Alex couldn't see her do it.

"Well," Abbey started, "I keep seeing this man in my dreams. I think he could be my father. But for some reason, I feel oddly disturbed by him, like, he's a disease or something. He gives off this fatherly vibe one minute, then he gives off this disturbing feeling the next."

Alex stopped walking.

"Did I say something wrong?" Abbey asked.

"No," Alex whispered, "I just, faded out for a second, that's all."

"Ok." Abbey began to walk inside of the house. But stopped when Alex called out her name.

"Hey Abbey." Alex called out.

"Yeah?" Abbey responded.

"Try not to fall out of anymore trees while you're here, okay?"

Abbey laughed and shook her head.

"Yeah, okay."

❌ ❌ ❌

"Try again Abbey," Charles held his hands behind his back as he watched the girl, "this time, try to focus."

"I am focusing." Abbey said through clenched teeth.

Charles only smiled.

Abbey sighed and closed her eyes. She focused on her power, felt the energy moving through her body. Then, Abbey released it. All the mannequins were on fire.

"I'm guessing I didn't pass." Abbey huffed.

"Why don't you take a break Abbey." Charles said. "It looks like you need it."

Abbey nodded her head and walked out of the room. As she opened the door, she walked right into Alex.

"Sorry." They both said in unison.

"How'd you do?" Alex asked.

"I might of set all of the mannequins on fire." Abbey laughed.

Alex chuckled.

"I'll see you in a little bit." Alex headed into the room. The door shut behind him.

"Don't worry Abbey." Hank closed the door all the way to ensure everyone's safety, "you'll pass next time."

Abbey smiled.

"Thank you, Hank."

❌ ❌ ❌

"Alex," Charles sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, "if you don't get your head out of the clouds, you're not going to make any progress."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked.

"You keep thinking about her." Charles replied.

"Who, Abbey?" Alex chuckled, "I wasn't thinking about her."

"Really?" Charles cocked a brow, "your mind tells me otherwise."

Alex sighed.

"Isn't that an invasion of privacy?"

"Yes." Charles answered. "Now, I think it's time to bring Abbey back in."

Just then, the door opened and Abbey walked in. Alex stood off to the side.

"Ready Abbey?" Charles asked.

Abbey nodded her head.

"Begin whenever you're ready."

Abbey let out a deep breath. Then, she focused. She could feel her body heat up. Abbey moved her fingers slowly and felt the energy flowing through her veins. She slowly built up her power and opened her eyes. They were glowing red this time.

As Abbey released her power, she began to hear voices in her head. And they weren't pleasant.

"Ahh!" Abbey cried out and hit her knees to the ground. Her hands went up to her ears to try to cover up the noises, but it wasn't working.

"Make it stop!" Abbey cried out.

Charles, Alex, and Hank were all around Abbey. Charles was saying something, but Abbey couldn't hear him.

Abbey could feel something cold touch her side. She could feel the hot pain that it caused, as an invisible object ran itself down the side of her neck and her stomach.

Tears rolled down Abbey's cheeks. She cried out in pain. Abbey wanted the pain to end. She could feel her hands heating up. Abbey's eyes began to glow red again.

"Abbey stop. You have to control it, fight it!" Charles had two fingers up to his temples as he tried to read Abbey's mind. He saw a blurry picture of a man cutting into her skin. Abbey was passed out onto a cold, metal table.

"Oh my god." Charles breathed.

"Charles," Hanks voice shook with fear, "she's getting up."

Abbey slowly stood up. She clutched her side with one hand. The other hand was beginning to glow a bright red.

"STOP HURTING ME!" Abbey screamed. She was about to let go of her power. But Charles stopped her.

"Go to sleep!" Charles shouted.

Abbey's eyes fluttered and she began to wobble. Then, Abbey began to fall, but Alex caught her in his arms and picked her up.

"Bring Abbey to her room." Charles said as he quickly walked out of the room.

Alex carried Abbey to her room. Sean and Raven began to ask questions once Alex came out of Abbey's room.

"She's fine," Alex said, "Abbey just had a minor episode, that's all."

Raven looked towards Abbey's door.

"What could have made her have an episode like that?"

"I don't know." Alex answered, "I don't, know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 426 11
As an autistic person myself, I decided to write what I think it would be like to be an autistic person in the world of X-men, and explore how I thin...
60.2K 1.6K 24
For Audrey Brooks it was all about revenge. Ending the man who ended your dreams and made your life hell. So when the opportunity presented itself in...
5.3K 50 12
She looked at her claws which were covered in blood. "What have I done.." she said to herself. * Takes place at X-Men: First Class I don't own Marv...
37.9K 657 31
All my life I've been hiding, hiding who I am from everyone, afraid of myself. I didn't get attached to anyone because I was afraid of hurting them. ...