Strength through emotion (RWB...

By alphafox270

Defeating Melissa didn't come without a price. (Y/N) has suffered a handicap that could potentially kill his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 2

6.5K 120 69
By alphafox270

(3rd Person + Beacon Academy)

(Y/N) blinked several times in confusion at hearing Ozpin's declaration, he stared down Aidan who still had the appearance of a homeless person. But then, he suddenly smiled while shrugging his shoulders.

(Y/N): Ok! Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)!

He held his hand out, only for it to be smacked away making (Y/N) grow a shocked and confused expression while Aidan stared at him emotionlessly. The teenager stuffed his hands into his pockets while turning away slightly.

Aidan: I didn't come here to be your friend, Ozpin told me about a guy with potential, now that I look at you. I'm seriously questioning his decision on making you Beacon's representative...

Ozpin: Mr Lint, I understand you wanted to be the representative. But my decision is final, besides, (Y/N) here has his semblance and you and I both know it's the only semblance that can overpower you.

Aidan: Whatever, (Y/N), was it? Your training with me starts tomorrow morning...

(Y/N): What!? Why can't we do it now!?

Aidan: Your arm...

While Aidan explained his reasoning, (Y/N) stared down once again at his bandaged arm now regretting using all that aura to defeat Melissa.

Aidan: I was originally planning on normal training, but seems like that's not possible thanks to your arm. Give me some time to think...

(Y/N): Oh come on!!

Aidan almost jumped at (Y/N)'s sudden outburst, but it was effective in silencing his statement, he stared at (Y/N)'s annoyed expression with curiosity.

(Y/N): I can totally take you on with just one arm! Besides! I beat a classmate of mine with both arms even though one is damaged beyond repair apparently!

Ozpin: From what Professor Goodwitch told me, you struggled every time you used your right arm, always flinching and hesitating whenever he attacked with that arm.

(Y/N): Nope! Goodwitch lies! I'm at one hundred percent and have never felt better!

Aidan suddenly dashed over to (Y/N) and jabbed him lightly in the right arm. (Y/N) went slightly wide-eyed before grunting in pain and instinctively holding onto his right arm using his left arm, Aidan sighed in annoyance while placing his hand back into his pocket.

Aidan: See? Confidence can only get you so far (Y/N), now, for your sake and my own. Rest for today, but once morning comes, you're going to be under my training, even if it takes up my time.

And with that, Aidan walked out of (Y/N)'s dorm still with an emotionless expression on his face, Ozpin sighed while staring at Aidan's disappearing figure, he then quickly turned his attention back to (Y/N) who pushed himself off the floor using his uninjured arm.

(Y/N): Is it true Ozzy? If I didn't come along, then Aidan would've been the representative?

Ozpin: For some reason, I can't bring myself to lie to you. Yes, Aidan was originally going to be our representative, but, when I saw you activate your semblance back at initiation, as well as your determination to protect your friends, I knew for a fact that while not perfect, you were the best choice for representing Beacon.

(Y/N): How does that matter to being a representative?

Ozpin: What most people think when they think of representatives is this: strength and potential. But, that's not what people should see in a representative, especially for someone who's going to team up with three more representatives to ensure Remnant's safety and peace. I chose you Mr (L/N) because not only are you powerful, you care deeply for anyone who becomes your friend, despite most disagreeing and saying you are merely childish and never take things seriously. You are much more mature than you let yourself on to be, your maturity, as well as your deep passion to protect everyone you care about, you make the perfect representative for team Remnant.

(Y/N): Woah... Ozzy...

That was all (Y/N) could say, he was stunned by Ozpin's way of praising him. But that was quickly cut short by Ozpin having more to say.

Ozpin: Of course, if you could lose your mischievous side, then you'd be perfect...

(Y/N): No way! That makes me who I am! I'd rather always get in trouble for being myself than be bored because someone's keeping me on a leash!

Ozpin chuckled at hearing that making (Y/N) raise an eyebrow in confusion, the headmaster suddenly placed a hand on the boy's shoulder while staring at him with a small smile on his face.

Ozpin: And that's exactly what I wanted to hear (Y/N). Never let anyone try to change you, even though you annoy most people like the Professors and myself, you never fail to put a smile on my students, and your friends' faces.

(Y/N): He he, I just do my best to make everyone happy!

Ozpin: And you are doing a splendid job, now, rest up. I know Aidan's training, and he won't care if you're injured tomorrow, he'll want you to go all out to see what he's dealing with.

(Y/N): Right! Just as soon as I head to Vale!

Ozpin: Whatever for?

(Y/N): Isn't it obvious!? For the most important thing anyone could ever think of!

Ozpin: Information?

(Y/N): Brownies!!!

Ozpin couldn't help it, he fell on his back after hearing that, (Y/N) grew a confused expression while seeing the coffee lover looking up at the ceiling with a deadpan expression while his coffee mug somehow remained in his hand and successful in stopping any of the liquid inside to spill out.

(Timeskip)

It was now morning, (Y/N) stood impatiently in the courtyard of Beacon while his arms crossed, a bored yet irritated expression on his face while he floated mid-air thanks to his semblance and feeling bored.

(Y/N): You'd think he'd show up on time! Damn, if I knew he'd be so late I would've packed some food, at least some brownies.

Aidan: Eat any food before my lessons and you'll throw up...

(Y/N): Woah!

The (H/C) haired boy jumped in surprise when a familiar voice was heard directly behind him, it caused him to lose his semblance's current function and face plant into the floor below.

(Y/N): Ow...

Aidan: Oh good, you're already experiencing pain, when we're finished here, that pain you feel now will be nothing compared to what I have in store for you.

(Y/N): Sounds like someone likes pain a lot...

Aidan: I don't like pain, I tolerate it. And you should feel the same way as well...

(Y/N): Uhh, excuse me!? But who has the constant pain-filled arm here?

Aidan: That's a different kind of pain, that pain only appears if you use your arm, the pain I'm talking about will permanently stay with you, no matter what you do...

(Y/N): Freaky! Are you sure you can teach me, so far all I'm learning is how pain works and I know that first hand!

Aidan: If you say so...

Without another word, Aidan dashed towards (Y/N) with his fist reared back. (Y/N) reacted quickly: deploying Pain and using his left arm to quickly catch the predictable attack with eyes slightly wide.

Aidan: Good, at least you have enough sense to catch an attack using those gauntlets of yours instead of your hands, but, against me, your weapons are useless.

(Y/N) was confused, until he suddenly felt Pain drag his hand to the floor, he yelped in surprise while the gauntlet force him to the floor. (Y/N) saw Aidan was coming in for another attack, this time his speed had increased slightly, but (Y/N) was able to deploy Gain onto his other hand and catch the attack with gritted teeth and a slight grunt of pain.

Aidan: I already told you: your weapons are useless against me!

Just like with Pain, Gain dragged his hand to the floor letting out a scream of pain as his gauntlet made him slam his injured arm to the floor. (Y/N) looked down at his two weapons with confusion, it was like they refused to listen to him, they trapped his arms to the floor. Until (Y/N) felt Pain give up control just a little.

Aidan: Never rely on your weapons, they will let you down once they refuse to work with you!

Aidan's speed increased while his fist was reared back, (Y/N) couldn't help but start to feel panic. And that's exactly what he needed as forcefield of (F/C) surrounded him, once Aidan made contact with the forcefield, (F/C) electricity exploded off the shield causing Aidan to skid across the floor with his arms formed in an x position to protect himself.

(Y/N) felt his gauntlets finally listen to him, he growled before his emotion turned from panic to anger. He dashed forward with both his gauntlets, then delivered a punch to Aidan, he went flying but kept his arms up in an x position.

Aidan: Your power is great when angry, however, you're still using your weapons!

And then, the feeling of his two gauntlets returned, but this time (Y/N) was ready as he kept himself up, his fists however were still being held downward. Aidan uncrossed his arms while looking at Beacon's representative with his usual emotionless expression.

Aidan: Relying too much on your weapons is your weakness, you don't think of your own strength, instead you use weapons to make up for your lack of power...

(Y/N): Not really...

Aidan: Hmm?

(Y/N): Sure, Pain and Gain pack a punch no matter which form they're in: two revolvers, two gauntlets or two greaves. It doesn't matter, they are my partners, not my weapons. And I don't 'use' my weapons like you say. They are not my slaves, I grew up with these two, they've never given me a reason to doubt them, so why start now!?

To Aidan's complete surprise, (Y/N) was able to slowly lift both gauntlets until they were eye level with him as a face of determination was clear to see.

(Y/N): I don't know what happened to you to act like this, but I can tell just by looking at ya. You weren't always like this: emotionless and harsh, it doesn't matter what happened before Aidan, you shouldn't let the past affect you!

Aidan: What the hell do you know?

Aidan felt slightly angered at (Y/N)'s statement, he charged forward to end the fight by using his speed since (Y/N) was still too angered to use his happiness to increase his speed. Only to be surprised at (Y/N) suddenly catching his punch with Pain making Aidan go slightly wide-eyed.

Aidan: What? But how? Your weapons shouldn't be able to respond!

(Y/N): Like I said: they're not weapons, they are my partners!

A punch to Aidan's face, despite it being his bad arm (Y/N)'s teacher was sent skidding across the floor while blood ran down his lip. He wiped the blood and looked at it, he clenched his fist.

Aidan: I see... huh, you're definitely an intriguing guy (Y/N). But, you forgot I'm not even taking you seriously yet.

(Y/N): Then do so! Come on!

As if asking for a death-wish, Aidan's speed increased dramatically and kicked (Y/N) away, but (Y/N) used his left hand to dig Pain into the ground and gain his ground. He scoffed slightly before dashing towards Aidan using his tremendous speed.

Aidan: How is that possible? Ozpin told me his rage made him gain inhuman strength and happiness was his speed! How can he be happy at a time like this!?

(Y/N) smiled while getting right in Aidan's face, he reared his fist back at the confused teenager, before bringing it forward, Aidan attempted to block. Until he realised (Y/N) was only slightly tapping his chest with a smile.

(Y/N): You're probably wondering how I can use my speed in a time like this? After all, I need to feel happiness for it to happen, well, I am happy. I'm happy that despite you looking like a hobo, you're now my new friend and not to mention that I can see how strong you are. You didn't take me seriously today, but one day, I'll force you to go all out and that's what I'm looking for: a legendary sparring match between two best friends just for fun!

Aidan had no words, the boy was simply impossible, not only did Aidan insult his weapons. He insulted him as well, he should hate him and yet (Y/N) was already calling him a friend despite not knowing him? Aidan was even more perplexed by the boy, but, despite all that, he couldn't stop the smile forming on his face.

Aidan: (Y/N) (L/N)... even if you don't see it, this is exactly how a leader acts: happy to make new friends, always seeing the good in people and not to mention being powerful enough to overcome any obstacle thrown your way... who knows (Y/N)... maybe in another timeline where nothing terrible happened, we could've been friends...

(Y/N): Ha! You make it sound like it's impossible to be friends!

Aidan: What?

(Y/N): It's never impossible to make friends no matter who you are! Sure, you're a grumpy hobo with no sense of fun, but I know you and I will be great friends.

Aidan slammed his fist into the boy's head for making that remark, sending him face first into the dirt below. He sighed in annoyance, but his smile was still there as (Y/N) reminded him of a certain someone from his past...

Aidan: Heh, looks like I was wrong about you, this training won't be a waste of my time. In time, we could probably figure out your semblance, oh, and I have a name for it, if you're willing to listen that is...

(Y/N): Already know!

Aidan: You do?

(Y/N): Yep! Emotion roulette!

Aidan: Heh, did you read my mind or something?

(Y/N): Maybe I did! Maybe I didn't! That's for me to know!

Aidan: Whatever, for now, your training's over... tomorrow I'll be taking you more seriously, now go, enjoy the rest of your school day (Y/N) (L/N)...

(Y/N): Oi oi! None of my friends call me by my full name, so only (Y/N) ok?

(Y/N) held out a fist, he deactivated Pain and Gain a while ago, Aidan stared at said fist with his arms crossed.

(Y/N): Come on!

Aidan let out a sigh of annoyance, but he wasn't fooling anyone since that smile was still on his face. He clenched his hand into a fist and bumped fists with (Y/N) who grew a toothy smile with his eyes closed at making yet another new friend.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 631 10
I legit don't remember the description here. Just be warned, mature content ahead. Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY. All characters from RWBY are own...
26.7K 509 8
Y/N L/N, a forgotten nobody who just wants to spread joy but is completely ignored by all. His team, his family, his peers, his teachers, everyone se...
20.2K 302 16
This story is not the most cheerful of stories, but it's maybe nit the worst. Also, (Y/N) was abused and neglected as a child, so... there's that too...
47.6K 872 11
(Y/n) Valkyrie, now 17, returns for seconds! Continuing his quest to become the Huntsmen Extraordinaire! And entering into a new semester with his ne...