Dating The Fame

By _Leahh

Can Genesis deal with the slander from the media, obsessive stalkers, betrayal and the trust issues? All of t... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: G Shit
Chapter 3: Making A Move
Chapter 4: Don't Mind
Chapter 5: All The Stars
Chapter 6: Cravings
Chapter 7: I Am Not
Chapter 8: The Kiss
Chapter 9: Gardening Tool
Chapter 10: Brother
Chapter 11: Mine
Chapter 12: Meeting the Fam
Chapter 13: Twitter Fingers
Chapter 14: NYC
Chapter 15: Intimacy
Chapter 16: Should've Told You
Chapter 17: Body II Body
Chapter 18: Blondie
My Heart
Chapter 19: Past
Chapter 20: Leaked
Chapter 21: Don't Look Back
Chapter 22: You Should Stay
Chapter 23: Different Now
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: The Weekend
Chapter 26: The Awards
Chapter 27: Opportunites
Chapter 28: Controlling
Chapter 29: Desperado
Chapter 30: Tore Up
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: Kick off
Chapter 33: Pride
Chapter 34: Monica
Chapter 35: Twenty-Three
Chapter 36: Twenty Three pt. 2
Chapter 37: Timing is Everything
Chapter 38: Mistake
Chapter 39: Chill Bill
Chapter 40: Substance
Chapter 41: Circle of Life
Chapter 42: Holiday
Chapter 43: VA

Chapter 2: Drunken

3.3K 130 72
By _Leahh

Genesis,

I frowned as I watch Serenity throw herself back onto her bed. It was going on 9 o'clock at night and we had just freshened up from the pool party.

"I'm drunk as a skunk. 'Ion think I should go."

I scrunch my face up out of irritation, "Is that even a real metaphor?"

Logan was ditching because she had medical school in the morning and now Serenity was ditching because she can't hold her alcohol. I hate going somewhere on my own but it seems like I have no other choice considering TJ was already on his way.

I huffed as I flopped down on the edge of Serenity's bed. I didn't want to go out alone tonight because I have no idea what to expect. Besides from today, I never hung out with TJ's friends and I didn't want to be the odd one out.

"At least you look cute though." Serenity added as she laid onto her pillow. "I saw the way you was eyeing Mr. Take You Down."

I scoff. "What? Girl go to sleep, you're drunk."

"Yeah, which means I ain't lying."

I waved her off as my phone went off with a text from TJ. I bit my lip seeing as he informed me that he was pulling up. I had changed from my bikini and shorts to a burgundy pencil skirt and a black spaghetti strap crop with a leather jacket and pumps as finishing touches.

"I'll call you later. Make sure you drink more water, Serene, I'm serious too." I warned. Instead of replying she rolls over to her side turning her back to me.

I left out of her grandparents house and approached TJ's Mercedes G Wagon. TJ had the windows down and once he notice me walking out he turned his music down.

"Where the rest of your crew?" He questioned as he reached over and popped the door open for me, I pursed my lips.

"They ditched me. Where we going anyway?" I questioned as I slid on my seat belt.

"We hitting up this club off the strip first then maybe the penthouse suite afterwards."

"Don't have me running around with y'all all night." I pointed out causing TJ to chuckle.

"Relax. I'll get you home at a decent hour, Ms. Thompson."

I smiled as my eyes fell down to my hands cupped in my lap. An awkward silence had came over us and this is usually where Serenity or Logan would butt in. I took a glance around his car realizing that it was just us two and we have nothing to talk about.

"So are all your friends already at the club or somethin'?" I asks as we stopped at a stop light.

TJ shook his head, "Nah I doubt it. Because before I left they were meeting up with Shad to get on his tour bus."

"Shad?"

"Aka Bow Wow." He grinned before turning his music up again.

I furrowed my eyebrows considering as we were just in a conversation before he reached for the radio. But before I could confront him, I notice it was his voice rapping. He was trying to get me to listen to his new music.

"This is nice, you released this?" I asks while nodding my head to the music. TJ smirks.

"Nah, not yet atleast. I just keep all my music on my phone incase I do decide to put it out there." He shrugs as he pulls over to the side of the road behind a bus. I raised my eyebrow since this was a no parking zone as he cut his car off. "C'mon they just pulled up."

Once we were out of the car, TJ reached for my hands and let me towards the bus that was crowded by a couple of muscular men. The closer we got the more I notice a few of TJ's friends walking out. Chris was one of them as he appeared in new attire while he talked to whomever was next to him.

"Yo, y'all seen Jasmine?" Chris asked TJ once we approached him.

"Nah, I ain't even know she was here." TJ says as I stood along next him like the awkward friend waiting to be introduced. Chris purses his lips and he pulled out his phone from his jeans pocket. Before he could type on his phone his eyes landed on TJ's hand interlocked in mine.

"So we going in or what?" I mumbled releasing my hand from TJ's hold to scratch my head.

"Aye aren't you missing one or two?" Mijo pointed out, I frown.

"Yeah, they got a little too lit earlier."

"Damn, don't worry boo. We'll keep you company." Jamal smirks as he damped his arm around my shoulders, he breath strong of Vodka.

Chris chuckles. "Let's go." He nodded towards the club entrance.

I latched on to TJ's arm as we followed the boys in while they dab the bouncer. The club blasts Make It Rain by Travis Porter once we were in as the air got thinner due to the crowded amount of people. Luckily Chris and his friends were immediately directed to the VIP area that was a level up from the floor. As we made our way up, Chris and a few of his friends were greeted by Shad and the dozens of girls that sat among us.

It was no doubt I felt out of place since it seems as everyone knew everyone but me.

"What do you want to drink?" TJ asks as he nodded towards the table full of bottles and glasses.

"Um, I'm good for now." I spoke over the music.

TJ continues making hisself a drink as I bit my lip out of nervousness while looking down at the club full of people. Most people were looking our way snapping pictures or trying to get our attention. I always had a deep antipathy with the thought of being saved onto strangers phone, not even with photobombing so I found myself easing back through the section.

"Excuse me." A feminine voice huffed as the back of my heel landed onto another causing me to trip a little.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I say as I glance up at the light skin woman with bleach blonde hair and light green eyes.

She was pretty of course but her vibe gave off a different opinion. As I apologize she simply waves me off then brush past me to where Chris, Tyga and Bow Wow stood. I kiss my teeth since she atleast could've said something to me in return since she was partially at fault. Before I could tear my gaze from her back side, I notice the tight embrace her and Chris shared.

I wondered how Chris was doing with his life and if that was his girlfriend. Since now the media didn't focus on him personally, only to what he did to Rihanna face a year ago. From the past few hours of hanging out with him, it's kind of shocking that such an vibrant soul could create a crime.

"So you don't have a drink in your hands and you're not dancing, so I'm assuming you're new to the crowd." My eyes reverted to the woman to the left of me. She had smooth brown skin with long dark brown hair and a cheeky grin on her face. She was pretty and when she spoke I notice her even prettier clean teeth.

"Uh, yeah." I frowned. "I didn't even know I stood out." I chuckled nervously.

"Well not really, it's just I'm out with Chris all the time and usually everyone knows everyone up here. Are you a friend of his?" She questioned.

I shook my head. "TJ, actually. He brought me here."

"Oh." She smiles. "TJ's a sweetheart. I'm Sevyn."

"Genesis, nice to meet you." I grinned as I shook her hand that she held out.

Sevyn and I hit it off instantly as she informed me on all who was who in the section. To my surprise most of these people came from LA just to party with Chris and Tyga. She told me how they did something almost every weekend even if it was as small as a kick back at Chris' house or the club in Hollywood. With Sevyn keeping me company, I started to feel more comfortable with the crowd I was in.

"Hm!" Sevyn nearly choked on her drink as she slams it down on the table. "This is my song. Dance with me, please?!" She pleaded as Make It Nasty played.

By now we had a couple rounds of drinks, her more than me as she was beyond tipsy. I couldn't even object before she took my hand and lead me downstairs onto the dance floor.

"Couldn't we have danced upstairs?" I asked practically yelling since the music was much louder being closer to the DJ.

"Yeah but with everybody staring up there like hawks? I'm good."

I snickered as we spent the next minute and a half dancing to whatever played. By then we both found ourself fanning one another since it was alot hotter being in the mist of people.

"Whew! Last thing I need is to be melting in the club before they cut the lights on." Sevyn sighs once we finally made our way to the restrooms.

"Literal definition of tore up." I laughed as my phone went off in my back pocket.

"Uh oh, TJ worried about his boo?" She teased while nudging my shoulder. I pursed my lips.

"Girl, TJ and I are just friends. Seriously, he's like a best friend—a brother."

"Well you know what they say about best friends of the opposite sex." She chuckles as she turns back to the mirror to fix her lipstick. I simply waved her off as I unlocked my phone seeing an Instagram notification. It was going on midnight and yet I was being tagged in a photo. Once the page loaded, my heart dropped seeing the photo that was posted.

Raheemfor20 They got nothin' on you babe 🖤 #missingmygirl #noonebetter

"What the hell?" I cursed as I instantly screenshot the post and sent it to both Serenity and Logan.

"What is it?" Sevyn asked intrigued by my tone of voice.

"It's my ex." I scoff as I hand her my phone. Raheem has been practicing numerous attempts to try and get me back. Assuming as his many phone calls and texts wasn't working, he decides to post on social media. Like that would make me respond or even consider it, it only made me more furious.

"Aww it's a cute photo. Look at the way he's looking at you and are y'all matching? Too cute!" Sevyn coo'd until she met with my glare causing her to clear her throat. "I mean he so wrong for that. But it is 'in yo feelings' hour. He probably Drake-ing and driving some where."

I shook my head. I shouldn't allow Raheem to get me heated like this. "Whatever. I need a drink." I waved off swinging the door open causing the muffle music to grow sonorous.

Sevyn followed behind me suite as we made our way back upstairs to the restricted area. My intentions were to get the thought of Raheem and his lying ass out of my mind completely. Once we made it to the top of the stairs we notice everyone grabbing their things. Before we could question it TJ appeared in front of me with an exasperated expression on his face.

"We heading out." He sighed as he grabbed my hand and tried to lead me back down the stairs.

"What's up? Why are we leaving?" Sevyn questioned my exact thoughts. Instead of replying, TJ gave Sevyn a certain look that caused her to scratch her neck and nod. "Let me get my stuff and I'll ride with y'all."

I furrowed my eyebrows as TJ nod and continue to lead me out of the section and down the stairs, ignoring my questions and concerns. Groaning, once we made it out of the club I snatched my hand from his hold.

"Stop pulling on me like I'm your child and tell me what's going on." I spoke sternly.

TJ sighs. "People got faded and things just started to go too far and we usually like to dip before things really get bad." He shrugs as he digs into his pocket and pulled out his keys.

"Well where is everyone else? Where are we going?"

"Let's go." Sevyn came rushing out the club with everyone else as everyone rushed from out the building.

"Man y'all some wienies, blood!"

I watched as a few of the security guards held back a drunk Chris as he argued with whoever was still in the club. Besides him was Jamal as he threw up gang signs and Tyga who laughed hysterically. The boys began cursing back and forth as security tried to direct Chris onto the bus as he refuses though he could barely stand straight.

I hopped into the passenger seat of TJ's car with still a full sight of what was taking place. A few of Chris' other friends were thrown away from the club doors as they fussed back and forth.

"I'm tired of this bullshit. They always gotta show out." TJ let out a aggravating sigh as he started the car.

"You know Chris gets drunk and start blabbing at the mouth." Sevyn says while rolling down the window to talk to the few girls that walked by. They all asks the same question about what to get into now but no one seem to know the answer.

"We just gon' go to the penthouse. Hopefully these niggas will have calmed down." TJ retorts as he pulled off into the street.

Checking the time on my phone, I notice both Serenity and Logan texted me back in our group message.

Destiny's Child👯‍♀️

Serenity💕
Girl don't even trip because that's exactly what he wants.

Logan💞
He need to put #igotalittledick.

Serenity💕
Right. #stillinthecloset

Logan💞
#peachfuzzstruggles

Serenity💕
#plies

Logan💞
BITCH LMAO. #suspect

Shaking my head I locked my phone and dropped it into the cup holder. Nothing ever seems to be enough when it comes to Raheem. We've been broken up for four months and he still can't catch a clue. I've tried avoiding confrontation but it seems like now it's been overdue.

"Sevyn you take Genesis upstairs, I'ma catch up with Jamal and them." TJ retorts as he stops in front of a hotel.

"Mkay." Sevyn yawns as we both get out. "I don't even know why I'm here. I'm motherfuckin' tired which means I'm not even about to stay long."

"Is this usually how things go down? Club fights and everything."

"Oh that wasn't a fight, trust me. But for the most part yes; we always end up leaving the club because of someone's stupid actions. Mainly Chris since he likes to get pissy drunk every other night." She murmured as she rolled her eyes. By the way she spoke of it she seem irritated at the situation.

"Every other night?" I leaned in becoming more interested in details. Sevyn sighs and sits next to me in a bar stool.

"Chris' past..." She started, "Really messed him up. This is your first night with us so I don't want to indulge you in too much but; it's has taken its toll on him. He can be this really genuine and goofy guy but it's like something in him clicks then he's drinking and abusing his drugs—"

"All of you know? Don't you try to stop him?" I questioned with my eyebrow furrowed.

Sevyn flatten out her lips. "We choose to ignore it because confronting him about it only makes matter worst. He lashes out and becomes this person he isn't. I love Chris like a brother and I pray for him to find his way before it ruins him."

I felt my heart sadden for him. He surrounds hisself by all these people who believe they can't do anything to help him. When all his actions could be a cry for help. Deep down I can tell Chris has a winsome personality that is lost within the shame he holds in him. Learning this made me want to help him because I'm all too familiar with his type.

___________

Let me know you guys thoughts!!!! (And honestly, please 😁)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.6K 39
Mentor: NOUN An experienced and trusted advisor. VERB To advise or train; especially someone younger or less experienced) It's been two years, two w...
88K 2.5K 119
Is she too damaged to ever trust and love again or does this dark haired stranger rewrite the stars.
22.6K 1K 23
Description In Story. As of 2/21 CUT SHORT.
14.2K 929 38
What happens when an ordinary girl is looking for a job and walks into a situation where she is the Hired Girlfriend of a famous singer who keeps alo...