Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pr...

由 JasmineDahlia

Evelyn Pearce has it all. The looks, the friends, the popularity, the personality. She never chose to be popu... 更多

Chapter 1 - Jerks
Chapter 2 - New Rims
Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes
Chapter 4 - College Party
Chapter 5 - Blue Eyes
Chapter 6 - Gentleman
Chapter 7 - My 'Friend'
Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Like A Zombie
Chapter 11 - Adventures
Chapter 12 - Not Alone
Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting
Chapter 14 - It Will Be You
Chapter 15 - Children At Heart
Chapter 16 - Chinese Food
Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out
Chapter 18 - Positive
Chapter 19 - La La Land
Chapter 20 - Possibilities
Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way
Chapter 22 - Young Man
Chapter 23 - Naughty Children
Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box
Chapter 25 - Magic Glow
Chapter 26 - Baby Names
Chapter 27 - Yellow
Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses
Chapter 30 - Avalyn
Chapter 31 - Three
Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing
Chapter 33 - Beach House
Epilogue

Chapter 34 - Whole Again

32.9K 695 52
由 JasmineDahlia

Hello, lovelies! :D So this is the last chapter but it's not the last post because I'm going to write the epilogue and post it really soon. I hope you like this and please vote, comment, and fan if you do! I really appreciate it. Also, I'm sorry if this is annoying but can you please go back and vote for each chapter if you haven't already? It would mean the world to me and I'd be endlessly grateful! (: <3 Well, I hope you're having a fantastic summer! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Jake and I are driving, only a minute or so away from his house, as I recall the time we spent together, my cheeks instantly flushing. I wished so badly to just go back to our bed, to sleep in Jacob’s arms after we made love, to get up in the morning and only worry about each other. I remember the way our bodies felt together, the overwhelmingly beautiful feeling of love finally expressed in every way possible. It was perfect and I wished to be there... Just one more day. 

I tore my head away from the memories, feeling too much desire to go back, and turn my eyes to look at Jacob’s hand holding mine as they laid on the console. His dark and rich bronze skin contrasted against my much lighter color. I watched him for as he drove, calm and beautiful, then he briefly turned to me, smiling handsomely, before turning his eyes to the rode again. 

We’d be at his house in less than twenty seconds now. The only reason we were going to his place and not directly to mine was so that we could fetch Ava’s forgotten toy.

“What the hell are they doing here?” Jacob asks, irritated and horrified. I furrowed my eyebrows, tearing my eyes away from his troubled face to look in the direction his eyes were pointed at. I immediately understood my boyfriend's horror when I looked at the car parked on his driveway. It wasn’t just any car, it was his parents’ car. Oh shit.

“Let’s go see.” I say quietly, carefully, when he doesn’t do anything.

“No. Let’s go to your house.” Jacob says and I roll my my eyes, shaking my head at him. My hand goes to the door and I quickly open it, getting out of the car and onto his driveway.

“Shit. Evelyn!” He exclaims as I start to walk up to his porch.

“Come on, Jake. Help me out here. You wouldn’t make me do this alone, would you?” I call out, looking back at him with a smile and his eyes immediately soften. I wait for him as he starts walking to me, pissed off. It was a little amusing but I didn't laugh.

Jake took his key out of his front pocket and opened the door, taking my hand when he walked us in, and immediately our eyes locked on his parent’s where they sat on the counter stools, facing us dramatically as if this was a movie. They must have heard the car in order to be so punctual.

“When were you going to tell us?” Jacob’s mom, Felicia, asks, twirling Ava’s toy in her hands. My heart started to beat quickly with anxiety. How would she react? What would she say? “I called Cynthia to verify what it was and she confirmed our suspicion.” Felicia adds, her deep brown eyes, almost identical to Jacob’s, laced with hurt and anger. Jake’s father, Jose, just stares at us from beside his wife, his green gaze burning into me, making me move closer to Jacob for comfort. Jacob released my hand to put his arm around my waist, holding me close in protection and reassurance.

And I wondered how she could have called my mother. I had only met Jake’s parents once in all the time I had known him and I didn’t remember our mother’s exchanging numbers. 

“Honestly, I didn't put it into serious consideration. I mean, if you guys actually cared then you’d have made the effort to spend time with me and you’d already know about Ava. You’d know that Evelyn is the girl I love. Hell, you’d probably know a lot more too!” Jake says with furious anger in his voice, looking pointedly at his parents as I stared up at him, my stomach in ropes. I wanted to reach out and comfort him, tell him all was fine, but all I could do was discreetly run circles into his back, feeling the tensed muscles under my palm.

I looked again at Jake’s parents. Jose seemed aloof, pensive in his own world. And Felicia... she started to cry, silent tears streaming down her face. Oh God, I wanted to go to her and hug her, tell her Jake forgave her, but I couldn’t do that. It was Jake’s job. So I stood my ground and tugged on Jake’s shirt before looking up at him. It was tearing me up inside, seeing him so shaken and shocked, lost as to how he should react to his mom displaying some affection. He was speechless.

“I-I’m not even going to argue with you because you’re right, Jacob.” His mom said, her voice shaky with tears. 

“Mom, um, please? Can you stop crying?” Jake asks, his voice distant and awkward. This wan’t him. Jake didn’t just stand there and watch people cry. I of all should know that. Somehow I understood him because I couldn’t expect him to just forgive his parents who shoved him to the side as if he was nothing, caring more about making money in Miami than about their own son. But he couldn’t be cruel.

I tugged on his shirt, looking up at him and waiting for him to look at me. When he did, his eyes softened, showing me how confused he was. It’s okay, I mouthed and he nodded, holding me tighter for his own support now. I wrapped my arm around his waist and ran my hand slowly up and down his side in hopes of soothing him.

“Jake, darling, I’ll be a better mother. I promise. I’ll be here for you.” His mom speaks and the two of us look at her, her eyes red and swollen with desperation. Jake sighs beside me and I feel his body release with the air he let out. I looked up at him, his eyes and expression were strong.

“You don’t need to, Mom. I’ve learned to live without parents.” He says, his tone honest and soft. It made me think of a polite rejection from a stranger and the thought hurt.

“I’m sure you have, Jake but I’d like to try anyway if you let me.” Felicia paused, her eyes suddenly hopeful. “I’d like to see my grandchild.” 

“Then come.” Jacob said beside me, strong and indifferent. 

***

Jake and I pulled up in front of my house and his parents soon followed, parking behind us.

“I’m so going to regret this.” Jake mutters as he stops the car, looking awkwardly in front of him.   I take his hand and give it a squeeze.

“Cheer up, babe.” I smile. “Everything will be great.”

Jake smiles in return but he doesn’t seem too sold. “Great.” He scoffs in disbelief and I roll my eyes, chuckling at his pessimism. 

When we get out of the car, I wait for his parents to catch up and from the corner of my eye I see him standing stubbornly to the corner, hands in his pockets. I want to laugh at his adorable idiocy. 

Felicia catches sight of me and smiles, coming up to me. “Hi, Evelyn. I didn’t get the chance to say hello back there.” She says, blushing in shame and I smile brightly at her in reassurance. “You look beautiful.” She complimented, taking me into a light hug and giving me the traditional Cuban kiss on the cheek. 

I smiled warmly at her before speaking, “Come on. My mom would be happy to see you.” And she nods, walking with me. I see Jose following distantly behind us. Hmph, that’s were Jacob gets his stubborn pride from. 

As I passed Jacob, I extended my hand out to him and smiled softly to myself when he took it. I got my key out from my pocket and unlocked the door.

“Mom, we’re back!” I call out then turn around to Jake’s parents. “Come in.” I add, smiling welcomingly, and the two of them step inside. 

“I’ll be right back. I’m going to go get your mom.” Jake said and walked off when I nodded.

It was awkward just standing around with both of Jake’s parents’ eyes on me the whole time as I pretended not to notice. I instantaneously let out a breath of relief when I heard my mother and Jake’s footsteps coming closer. 

I look up, my eyes landing on my mom as she held my baby daughter, and my heart melts with love. I had missed her so much these last four days that it was the only thing that really made me want to leave the beach house and return.

My feet move without me telling me to and I’m walking to the my little girl who’s smiling adorably at me, giggling.

“Hi, mom.” I kissed her cheek.

“Hey, honey.” She smiles and I extend my arms out for my baby, holding her close and becoming complete when she’s in my arms. 

“I missed you so much.” I whispered to her. I hear my mom behind me, greeting Jacob’s parents but I’m too absorbed with Ava to care about what they’re saying.

“She knows you did.” Jacob’s tender and chuckling voice says from beside me. I look up at him and smile before he kisses Ava’s cheek. “I missed you too, baby girl.” He whispers, smiling lovingly at our daughter.

“My God, she’s beautiful!” Felicia’s voice interrupts, exclaiming, and I look at her to find her eyes moistening as she looks at the three of us. 

I give her a smile and say, “Want to hold her?” She nods quickly, holding back tears, and extends her arms out. I carefully place Avalyn in her arms, her wide blue eyes flickering quickly in something like alarm. Oh no, please don’t cry. 

“Hey, there, Ava.” Felicia says, looking into Ava’s now calming eyes. I watch as Jose stands beside his wife, looking at Ava intently with overwhelmed eyes. “We’re your other grandparents.” She whispers, causing me to smile. I look up at Jacob, his eyes soft and melancholy. Needing to console him, I walk to him and wrap my arms around him, relaxing against his chest when he put his around me.

Then Ava started to wail and I wondered how I was so lucky to have her remain so calm with new probing eyes directly staring at her as she was held in a stranger’s arms. Jake and I pull apart, looking at her. Her wide and teary blue eyes were pointed directly at Jacob, stretching her small chubby arms out him. His eyes became that lovely melting puddle of liquid when he looked at her and quickly took her in his arms, holding her to his chest as he gently rocked her. 

“It’s okay, baby girl. Shh.” He cooed quietly, kissing her auburn head, and my heart melted. Felicia and Jose looked at the two of them in awe, something beautiful sparkling in both of their eyes and I thought I’d cry from the joy. 

My mom suddenly appears at my side and locks our elbows together, not speaking, just joining me as I watched. Jake’s father moved closer to my boyfriend and daughter, admiring the two of them with his sad eyes. He was hurting. 

Jacob turned his handsome face toward his father, his eyes widening in surprise at the sight of him, at the sight of sadness and pain in his dad’s eyes. 

“Jacob. She doesn’t look like you. There’s no resemblance.” Then he pauses, my heart shattering, and my mom’s grip on me tightens in support. “She’s not yours is she?” Jose asks quietly, his voice soft, but Jake doesn’t reply. He turns his attention to me, his eyes troubled and anxious. I nod my head, giving him a soft smile, and mouth, tell him. I didn’t care if Jake’s parents knew. I wasn’t ashamed anymore and frankly, I cared more about Jake’s happiness than other’s opinions. 

“We don’t know who her biological father is. Evelyn was- she was taken advantage of. But Avalyn is mine. I’m her father, not the sick monster who hurt my Ev.” Jake says, his voice powerful and authoritative.

“Oh my.” I whisper to myself, swooning, my heart on fire from his words. “Wow.” My mom whispers, clearly as taken by him as I. I feel Felicia’s probing eyes on me but I can’t bring myself to look at her. I didn’t want to see what what was in them. Sympathy? Pity? Shock? Horror?

“Evelyn?” Felicia says my name, hurt laced in her voice. I look at her, surprised. Her eyes are moist again as she studies me.

Then Jose speaks to Jacob, his voice cracked and a little aloof, “I’m sorry for not being there, Jacob.” And it was obvious he meant it. Jake’s eyes are surprised and a little gentler. He nodded, holding Ava securely against his chest as she played with his brown hair. 

Then the five of of us stayed in complete silence, admiring Avalyn until Jose announced it was getting late and it was time to go. 

Felicia came up to me and gave me a warm hug and a saluting kiss on the cheek. 

“You’ll be a great mother, Ev. And I know you’ll be good for my son. I’m glad he has you.” She says to me, smiling softly.

“Thank you.” I say, smiling gratefully, I watched as she walked to Jacob and pulled him into a hug. He was reluctant at first, shocked, but then he gave in and put his arms around his mother. My heart danced in victory. “You’ll be a great father. Take care of both your girls.” She whispered then pulled apart and kissed his cheek, the same rich caramel color as hers. My eyes were becoming moist.

I walked over to Jake, my mom in tow, and then we led his parents to the door. Jose turned to me unexpectedly just when I though he’d leave.

“I’m sorry about what happened to you, Evelyn. You’re good for my soon and as my wife said, you’ll be great mother.” A small smile touched his lips and I smiled back. Then he was off into the twilight air, following his wife, and walking to the car. 

We walked inside when they were completely gone and the three of us simply stared at one another in bewilderment. 

“Wow.” We all sighed simultaneously, chuckling afterwards. 

“Well, how was your vacation?” My mom asks us. My cheeks immediately flush and I look at Jake, a small smile on both of our faces as we looked deep into one another’s eyes. 

“It was wonderful.” I said, reluctantly tearing my eyes away from Jacob to look at my mom. She smiled softly at the two of us, happiness in her hazel eyes.

“Yeah, it was perfect.” Said Jake, a smile in his voice. 

“I’m glad you two had good time together. I’ll leave you two alone and go off to bed.” She says through a yawn.

“Yeah, go get some sleep.” I say, guilt leaking out of me. My mom rolls her eyes and walks away. I have to tell her about the spa card I’m getting her - after I get it that is.

I walk to Jacob and peck his plush lips before taking Ava in my arms, walking to the front door in need of fresh air and Jake followed. After that unexpected turn of events, I could use all the fresh air I could get. 

My eyes close instantly as a soft breeze tickles my face and I hold Ava closer in an attempt to shield her from the wind. She’s warm against me, calm and happy. Jacob’s hands cup my hips, his back moulding into mine and giving me heat. 

“That was weird.” He comments and I chuckle, knowing all too well what he meant. 

“I know.” I laugh before adding, “Do you think your dad approved of me?” 

Jake scoffs in disbelief behind me, his hot breath tickling my hair, and I want him again.  

“I’m sure he did and if he didn’t, I don’t care. It doesn’t matter. I love you.” Jake says easily then kisses my head. I twist my neck to face him, consumed by his brown irises when our eyes meet. 

“I love you too.” I whisper and my eyes close when his hand touches my cheek, caressing my skin with his thumb. His lips take mine in a sweet kiss, soft and slow, but Ava interrupted before it started, her beautiful and melodic giggle lightening the air. 

We pulled our lips apart, looking into each other’s as we laughed. His eyes twinkled, they sparkled and gleamed. 

I look at Ava, a smile on her toothless gums as she looks at us. 

“You think it’s funny when mommy and daddy kiss, Ava?” I ask, laughing and smiling in glee. Jake laughed into my hair, still holding me, and Ava let our another giggle, jumping in my arms. 

“We love you, baby girl.” Jacob says to our baby, his words melting my heart.

“Yes we do.” I say, reveling in the feeling of being with Jacob and Avalyn, two people I loved with all of my heart. They were my world and I’d do anything for them.

Yes, there was a point in my life when all hope was lost and all I wanted to do was cower in a corner, die. Then Jacob came in and turned my world around, he gave me love, hope, trust, happiness, and everything I had lost... With so much more. Jacob fixed me and taught me to live again.

I was raped, my virginity taken away, my life at the mercy of a cruel man I didn’t know but I wouldn’t change anything that happened to me because I’m stronger now. I love the new person I’ve become, the more mature woman I never was. I had been a petty, stupid, naive, and utterly innocent girl who sometimes didn’t really value life but that girl was no more. Popularity, status, shallow yet important friends didn’t seem so important anymore. 

And most of all, I have a loving boyfriend, compassionate mother, and beautiful daughter I couldn’t live without. Yes, everything was great now. I could finally see clearly and without regret or hatred. I could see that life was beautiful. The future doesn’t seem like a scary place anymore but a place where I can be with the people I love. A place where Jacob, Avalyn, and my mother are always there for me.

And I am whole again.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
569K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
22.4M 649K 28
One thing I'll always remember is my parents saying "Everyone has a story" "Everyone has a story with a past, tragic or not. Everyone has a story tha...
25.8K 286 30
Dariana has been through a lot, she was raped by her uncle, and not being able to have her parents with her makes it harder . Nobody knows about her...