Beloved (Editing 50%)

By Scyrenne

As young as she was. Aimee Rainecourt already found her destined beloved by accident but who happens to be th... More

Beloved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 : His Jewel
Chapter 6 : First Impediment
CONTEST!
Chapter 8 : Beforehand
Chapter 9 : Farewell, For Now

Chapter 7 : You Are My Love

4K 176 14
By Scyrenne

Text Copyright ©Cristelle Mae Gille ™ 2014

Seconds have passed since they have called my name. lub-dub lub-dub..I’m frightened. lub-dub lub-dub..I’m so anxious. lub-dub lub-dub..I don’t want to fail this. lub-dub lub-dub..Slowly, I pushed my legs onward. Left, right. After a few more steps, I am now in front of the adjudicators. Eyes are boring into me like jagged arrows ready to be shot to its target.  I feel like a little rabbit that is about to be a hunter’s next meal. I can now feel myself sweating like I have been running for miles. My fangs started to ache for it feels threatened. It urges to come out. But I won’t let it.

One adjudicator cleared her throat. She looks like a prominent librarian with her neat bun atop her head and eye glasses framing her silvery gold eyes. Her red lips puckered and her eye brows raised. She elegantly rested her hands on the table in front of her while straightening her posture on her chair. She looks so terrifying in general. I bet she could scare little kids so much that they will instantaneously run to their mothers and cry.

She cleared her throat again. “Miss Aimee Rainecourt, am I right?” I nod. “First of, I would like to praise you on your choice of clothing. It is definitely elegant and gorgeous. It compliments your pale skin and your dark hair and eyes.” I curtsied. “Thank you my Lady.” Even if she’s saying some praises, her eyes seems dead still.

“Now, please enlighten me on what made you partake in this kind of event? What pushed you?” she asked.

Lub-dub lub-dub… What will I tell her? The truth seems to be a bad idea for it will undeniably ruin my purpose. And I will be besieged as well. Might as well put a bounty on your head. A lot of those who opposed the rule of the current bloodline will surely try to kill me. Lub-dub lub-dub… I need to lie. Lub-dub lub-dub… My fangs are throbbing again. Lub-dub lub-dub… I’m terrified. But I need to be strong for Him. I need to prove myself that I am worthy.

Straightening my posture, I inhaled deeply. And I started my first lie. “I have been dreaming of being a princess when I was a child. Lack of money and power will give you no chance to be acknowledged as a worthy woman to wed a royal. Especially a prince.” Especially Prince Edmund. “So when this was publicized not just long ago, I seized this rare chance. It will be an obstacle I have to take and pass in order to prove myself worthy to be somebody. Worthy to be a princess. Worthy to even be a queen.”

I exhaled the breath that I involuntarily been holding for a while. I don’t know if the adjudicator will be pleased in what I responded.  I do not know if it’s even right. I know the first part was a lie, but those in the end are true. The female adjudicator’s eyebrow twitched a little and she looked down. I’m wondering why.

The adjudicator at the side of her, a male, called for my attention. He has a shoulder length brown hair that is tied with a red ribbon on the nape of his neck. His face is so sculpted that he looks like one of the gods himself. His intense greyish blue eyes are so daunting. He doesn’t look strict or imposing like the female but he has that aura of elegance and masculinity surrounding him. Having enhanced senses is a total advantage for us vampires. Especially now, for me, I can see the adjudicator so clearly even in a distance.

“Miss Rainecourt. May I ask if you have any talents?” the male adjudicator asked. “Based from your upbringing, you did not have the luxury to be taught how to play instruments such as piano and violin and many others. You can’t possibly paint due to the expensive materials these days. So, tell me Aimee. Do you have any talents?” he added.

He is challenging me, I’m sure of it. Insulting the life I have grown up with is his way of making me break. He wants me to be angry or lose my control and composure in this competition. He has an intention to embarrass me. But he can’t get into my skin. Not now, not ever. I have to win this. For Him. “I may not be rich by birth and my privileges and resources are limited. But I was gifted with a talent my lord.” I answered him. Curiosity and a little surpris was plastered in their faces.  “Oh. So will you enlighten us all with what is that talent you are saying about?” the male adjudicator asked. “Even though my family and friends has no knowledge of this, my lord. But I was gifted with a voice to sing.” His lips pulled up into a sneer as if seriously mocking my very existence. “So will you please give us a little taste of your talent dear Aimee. We all would love to hear you sing.”

Lub-dub lub-dub...Curse this. “Of course.” I answered. lub-dub lub-dub…I can feel my body sweat more than what I have been perspiring for the past minutes. I will not be shocked if my dress is already wet with it. But I put myself in this compromising state so why not get on with it and be done for? I have condemned myself by revealing that I have a talent. I wish I had shut my mouth before I could answer.

But all of these are for Him. You are doing this for Him.

“Shall we begin?” the annoying male adjudicator asked. He doesn’t give me a minute, does he? But to hell with this. The crowd started to become hushed. They are also preparing to hear me. The adjudicators relaxed themselves hoping to enjoy the incoming entertainment. When the silence is overbearing enough and you could already hear a pin drop. I braced myself. Even though my legs and hands are shaking so hard like there’s an earthquake inside me I will not let it dishearten me. I inhaled deep and cleared my throat. Then, I started to sing.

(There’s a video of the song on the side. But the voice is not what I have imagined. The lyrics and the tone is ok though.)

“Kiss me sweet
I’m sleeping in silence
all alone
in ice and snow

in my dream
I’m calling your name
you are my love

in your eyes
I search for my memory
lost in vain
so far in the scenery
hold me tight,
and swear again and again
we'll never be apart

If you could touch my feathers softly
I'll give you my love
we set sail in the darkness of the night
out to the sea
to find me there
to find you there
love me now
if you dare...

Kiss me sweet
I’m sleeping in sorrow
all alone
to see you tomorrow

in my dream
I'm calling your name
you are my love...
my love...”

After the song, I was out of breath. My heart is beating so fast that it could rupture any moment now. The people are soundless like dead. The adjudicators still as statues. My parent, Asher and Clarissa are all staring at me with wide eyes.

Then it hit me.

I was bad. My song was bad. My voice was bad. So I started to shake again. Uneasiness and dread filled my entire being. I have humiliated myself in front of everybody. I could never show my face again. I know after this I will be laughed at in the streets by the people in this town. People I know will be ashamed in talking to me because they will not be tied to a girl who embarrassed herself in front of so many people. I will be the talk for a long time. Gossiped by the girls my age.

But then the crowd erupted in applause. They were yelling admirations. The adjudicators are now standing from their seats clapping and have smiles on their faces. The male adjudicator made eye contact with me and bowed. He bowed. I can’t believe the heavens. I looked for my family and best friend. They too, are applauding for me. My mother and Clarissa has tears in their eyes. Asher’s smile reaches his ears and I’m so afraid his face is going to be split in two because of his smile. They are proud of me, I know it.

After everything have died down and the adjudicators were back in their seats, the female who first talked to me said, “Well, we did not definitely expect that coming from you. But that was heart-warming. Isn’t it Remus?” he asked the male adjudicator, Remus, beside her. “Yes it was definitely unexpected. But I loved it, my dear. Lovely voice and touching song you sang there.” He said. “Well, shall we proceed Claudia?” Remus asked. So her name is Claudia.

They dismissed me after that and they continued to those girls remaining whose names haven’t been called yet. After they have finished all the girls, they lead us to a tent behind the podium and told us to wait as the adjudicator deliberate.

Long excruciating minutes have passed before they have sent someone to get us and back to the podium. Claudia is standing on stage before us holding a white parchment on her hands. “Well ladies. We have come into conclusion to which five of you will be coming with us to the palace. There have been hard choices and there have been none.  Here was a tie and we needed to toss a coin to break it.” She said. Seriously though? Just toss a coin? They really look down on us as inferior beings to them. Money does that to a lot of people.

“So, here are the five girls whom we have chosen.” Claudia started. “As I call your name, please proceed to Remus over there—“she pointed on their table where Remus is waiting. “And write you name of validation. Then please proceed to your home and start packing because we will leave at dawn tomorrow morning for we have a long way to travel.” She instructed. “First one is—.”

Hello there readers! Sorry to throw another cliffhanger at you again. But I need to keep the excitement going.

FOR THE CONTEST!

THERE’S A WINNER! IT’S  @un__identified. YOU GOT IT ALL CORRECT MY DEAR SO YOU WILL GET TO HAVE THE SAID PRICES. CONGRATS!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I am looking for an editor who will be able to edit this story of mine. He/she will be credited in every chapter of course and will get a follow from me. If you are willing please just comment on below!

That’s all everyone and thanks a bunch for your continued support! Love you all.

~Scyrenne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 13.3K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
7K 289 24
"You know, everybody's talking about the beautiful and deadly new competitor in court." well look who it was, the guy I was supposed to try and win o...
11.6K 267 38
Ed struggles to refrain from blaming himself for the death of his mother and now his father too ,trying to find a balance between forgetting the past...
746 63 52
I grunted in pain at the impact with the floor, the weight of the deadly beast keeping me down. I knew this was it, the beast would end me. Then the...