Isn't She Lovely -h.s-

By singtomesoftly

He taught to her live big and more importantly dream big. She taught him to stay grounded, that the little... More

Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 1
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 2
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 3
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 4
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 5
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 6
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 7
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 8
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 9
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 10
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 11
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 12
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 13
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 14
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 15
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 17
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 18
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 19
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 20
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 21
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 22
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 23
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 24
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 25
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 26
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 27
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 28
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 29
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 30
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 31
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 32
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 33
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 34
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 35
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 36
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 37
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 38
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 39
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 40
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 41
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 42
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 43
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 44
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 45
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 46
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 47
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 48
Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 49
Isn't She Lovely - Epilogue
Isn't She Lovely - Playlist
Isn't She Lovely - Acknowledgments

Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 16

57K 459 31
By singtomesoftly

" Dad?" I approached him slowly hoping not to startle him to much from his sleep.

" Yes Sarah?" he lifted his tired face from the couch.

" I was wondering if I could go live with Harry in London just for the summer?" I smiled. I decided to leave out the part where Harry and I were dating. My Dad loved Harry but also called him a charmer and told me to watch out for guys like that. I had a better chance of going if  he didn't know.

" You can't move to London Sarah, your not grown up enough. Especially to move in with a boy" he lectured.  This was honestly one of the first times my Dad and I  had talked in a while, Not because I didn't love him and not because he didn't love me. It was because he was always tired and I never want to wake him or bother him when he is busy.  He is to busy to notice that I am in the room.

" Dad, please?"  I begged. " I am  grown up" I paused thinking of back when I was a little girl and my dad told me I would always be his baby girl.  I may still be a baby in his eyes but it was a little for fetched to say I was his. 

" Sarah,  I said No. You need to learn to respect my answer that you are to young" he went to walk away from me, but I stepped in front of him. I never argued with my father because well since we didn't talk I didn't want to ruin the few conversations we did have.   I began to cry. 

" How would you even  know  that I am to young?" I started to speak louder. 

" What are you talking about Sarah?" he went to hug me but I stepped away. 

" Today was my birthday, and it seems that the only person  to remember was Harry and his family.  Dad how old am I?" I paused and he stood there silently. " That's right dad I am seventeen, next year I am  going to be an adult!" I yelled at him as tears rolled down my face. 

" Sara.." I cut him off

" And if you think seventeen is still to young of an age,  I am way more mature for my age Dad. because I had to grow up the day mum died.  You may provide financially for me, but you shouldn't even call yourself my parent!"  The ice cold words slipped out of my mouth and I ran out the door. 

 I found my self just sitting on Harry's door step.  He was saying goodbye to his family before he left tonight and I didn’t want to ruin their family time. I really just needed to talk to Harry though.  I leaned against the door debating if I should go in or not. Just then it opened and my body stumbled off balance. An arm caught me and helped me up. It was Louis. 

" I am so sorry" he smiled. 

" It's really my fault, I shouldn't have been leaning on the door" I tried to smile but my lips kept quivering.  " Is Harry there?" I tried my hardest to keep my voice stable. 

" You literally just missed him, he went to say goodbye to his grandparents" 

" Oh well I'll come back later then" I mumbled and went to go down the stairs. 

" You can talk to me about whatever is bothering you" he smiled and instead of this normal sly smirk his was a a softer smile. 

" I really shouldn't bother you, and I don't think you would understand" 

" I can't understand if you never tell me" the sly smirk returned for a second and then disappeared. " Look all the boys are out, why don’t you at least come in and I'll make some tea"

" Alright"

I followed Louis inside and sat at the table.  I didn't quite know how to explain the whole thing to Louis. I never really opened up to anyone but Harry. The kettle whistled indicating the water was boiled. In minutes  Louis was sitting next to me with cups of tea for both of us. 

" Whenever your ready" he joked. 

" It's not that big of deal" 

"Anything that upsets you is a big deal" he stated. 

" Fine,  I asked my Dad if I could move in with Harry and he said no." I paused trying to keep the tears in my eyes and Louis took it as I was finished telling the story. 

" Did you explain your moving in with more then just Harry? If you can't he can probably still visit, don't  worry about it love" he rubbed my back. 

" That's not it" I began to feel my eyes moisten. " He forgot my birthday, and I yelled at him and said really hurtful words to him" the tears rolled down my face.  Louis  continued to rub my back. 

" What did you say?"

" I told him that he shouldn’t call himself my parent because after my mum died, he ignored me and I raised myself." 

" What did he say?"

" Nothing. Well he didn't have time to, I ran over here"

"Why don’t you try talking to him? he probably feels bad." 

" He doesn't. He cares about work way more then he does me"

" I don’t think he does"

" And what do you know about stuff like this?" My voice became sharp towards Louis by accident. 

" Well when my parents got divorced I felt like my Dad cared more about everything else in the world then he did me." his voice changed completely, it sounded vulnerable.  " I told myself that he was no longer my Dad because well my Mum raised me but once I got older I realised that my Dad just thought it would be better for me to live with my Mum. He didn't hate me he loved me and wanted the best for me. I talked to him about it and we get on fine now"

"Lou" I paused I had no idea Louis' parents were divorced but I still didn’t see how his story was that similar." How is my dad ignoring me the best for me?"

" He probably feels like a failure, and he probably feels lost. Maybe he thinks your to good for him and your better on your  own?" Louis suggested. 

" You think so?" 

" I bet twenty carrots and my  Yorkshire tea" he smiled jokingly. " That if you just talk to him, both of you will feel better"

" Thanks Louis." I decided that he was probably right. 

" Anytime"

" And if you ever need to talk.." he interrupted. 

" I'll let you know, but right now you and your Dad need to talk."

I headed back over to my house nervous as ever. What was I going to say to my Dad what if he didn't want to talk? I walked in and saw him sitting in his office.  I chickened out and headed up to my bedroom.  I couldn't confront my Dad about my feelings, cause honestly they were angry and I didn't want to hurt his feelings but most of all I don't the hurtful things I think he thinks about me to be true. i sobbed into my pillow wishing all of this could just go away.  I heard footsteps in the hallway approaching my room.  Please be Harry, Please be Harry I thought. 

" Sarah can I talk to you" I turned around to see my Dad red eyed and frowning. 

" Sure" was the only thing I could get to come  out of my mouth. 

" I know ever since your Mum died, I haven't been much of a father." he paused. " but it’s not because I don’t want to be, I just don't  know how..." he started crying. " I just don't know how to continue living life like we use to, I can't act like nothing happened"

" So why do you drown yourself in your work" I stated not believing his excuse I felt  a lot of anger towards him and yet I loved him so much. 

" I just can't stand to be around you"  I felt sick to my stomach did he say that out loud. That was my worst fear was my own Dad hating me. 

' What?" I began to sob uncontrollably. 

" You just remind me of  her so much, and if I get close to you and loose you I just don't think I could live anymore." he stated.  I felt bad for him but I had to let him know how I felt. 

" But Dad not being close to me, is making you loose me"  I cried into his shoulder. 

" I know, and I want to change that" he stated. 

" Well how are we going to do that?" I looked up at him and I finally saw a bit of my old Dad and I finally felt a bit of hope in my heart. 

"  I am going to go to a therapist in " he stated. " I called some people when you ran out and the best one's  around with an opening is in Leicester" 

" What about me?" Was he abandoning me?

" I was thinking you could go to London with Harry and when you return we can both work on becoming closer."

" Really?" I had a bit of excitement in my voice.

" Consider me getting better is a gift for all your birthday’s I've missed and once you get back we have a lot of catching up to do!" he smiled and tossed my hair around playfully like he use to do when I was younger. " When would  you guys be  leaving?" he asked. 

" Harry is leaving tonight but I would be leaving after school ended, that is if you are actually okay with me going" I gave him puppy dog eyes just in  case  he was thinking of changing his mind. 

" On two conditions though" he agreed

" First you ace all your exams." he looked at me seriously. I nodded agreeing to the first condition. I was fairly good at school so that shouldn't be to hard.

" and the second?" I asked

" Don't let him break your heart"

" What?" I asked him confused.

" I know you like him Sarah, but boys like him aren't always interested in smart girls like you. I jut don't want you to get yourself down over him. Charmers are better off as just friends anyways" he chuckled, his laugh line showing around his blue eyes and his black hair fell out of it’s normally  positioned  and flopped in front of his face. It reminded me of when he wore his hair longer.

" Yes Daddy" I replied innocently. Man if he only knew!

I ran off to go tell Harry the great news.  I don't know  what I was more excited about getting to go to London with Harry or the fact that my Dad and I talked.  I walked out the car to see all the boys loading their suit cases into the trunk.  Harry looked up at me and smiled. 

“ He said yes!” I yelled and jumped at him.

“ Really?” he smiled widened even more creating those dimples that I love. 

“ Really Harry,  I am coming to London in a few weeks!”  I already assumed that I would ace my exams. 

“ I am so Happy”  he whispered as his face got closer. He leaned in and kissed me repeatedly. 

“ Come on get a room!” Niall hollered from the van. 

“ Looks like my advice went well” Louis smiled as he hopped into the van.

“ What is he talking about?” Harry looked confused. 

“ Let’s just say you owe, Lou for me coming to London”  I smiled and gave him a final kiss before he got into the van to.  I couldn’t wait till I was on my way to London. 

A/N: Sorry there Isn't much of Harry or romance in this chapter, but  the story can't just revolve around that. :P  I hoped you like seeing Sarah and her dad's relationship and how they are going to work things out. Or maybe you liked seeing Louis being mature and giving great advice?

Let me know what you think and vote if you liked it and want more :) 

ARE YOU LOVELIES SHY?? DON'T BE!!! I love seeing comments no matter what they say,  I love interacting and being able to reply so feel free to comment or even start a conversation with me over messaging :)xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 232 22
Stupid love Stupid dead parents Stupid wasted years of finding out who the bastards are Stupid people for murdering my parents Stupid lost memories ...
3.6K 71 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...
150 4 2
It all started with a friendship...
62.2K 860 12
Meeting Harry styles and been his girlfriend can be a dream, can be heaven But getting pregnant and be forced to hide it from him is definitely the...