Breaking Free » l.∤.

phoebe_memeseok tarafından

[One Direction + 5sos ft. some AOT characters] Katie is a simple Californian girl. She has a stressful life b... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - It Started With A Pie
Chapter 2 - The Follow
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Sleepovers & Pepsi
Chapter 5 - Breaking The Ice
Chapter 7 - Just A Fan
Chapter 8 - Skype
Chapter 9 - The Baked Potato Co.
Chapter 10 - Hurricane Eudora
Chapter 11 - College Rescue
Chapter 12 - Hero
Chapter 13 - The Surprise
Chapter 14 - Adonna And Lewis
Chapter 15 - The Concert
Chapter 16 - The Quiet Dinner
Chapter 17 - Broken Friendship
Chapter 18 - Prom & Anime
Chapter 19 - Eleanor's Depression
Chapter 20 - Pain & Darkness
Chapter 21 - Last Hope
Chapter 22 - Ghosts and Pranks
Chapter 23 - Funeral
Chapter 24 - Drunk In Love
Chapter 25 - Harry's Anime Convention
Chapter 26 - Sasha & Levi
Chapter 27 - The Stars Over America
Chapter 28 - 5 Seconds of Ponies & Pervs
Chapter 29 - Kidnapped
Chapter 30 - Las Vegas
Chapter 31 - Katie's Demons
Chapter 32 - Happier Days
Chapter 33 - Broken Free (Final Chapter)

Chapter 6 - Forbidden

581 30 11
phoebe_memeseok tarafından

(A/N) I'm sorry there's a LOT of POV switches in this because a lot of time is passing in this chapter so try to keep up. XD

Katie's POV:

I had so many plans for how I was going to spend this day. I was going to go shopping alone for once. Emily's birthday was coming up soon and then Angel's was just a couple weeks after that. I needed to find gifts for them. Then maybe do a cover of a Little Mix song for me and Emily's youtube channel. But I spent all day in bed...on my laptop...talking to the first person to understand me in a long time...

"Louis_Tomlinson: Ok let me try this again. Angel is your sister, Emily is your friend..."

"Me: Best friend :P"

"Louis_Tomlinson: Best friend...and Sasha is in the national guard? Do I pass?"

"Me: With flying colors!"

"Louis_Tomlinson: Haha"

"Me: You get extra credit if you remember my dog's name?"

"Louis_Tomlinson: Agh..."

"Louis_Tomlinson: You know I can scroll up through our chat don't you? ;)"

"Me: You little cheat!"

"Louis_Tomlinson: Is it Marco?"

"Me: You scrolled up didn't you?:

"Louis_Tomlinson: Maybe. ;)"

"Louis_Tomlinson: So I've seen your friends and sister now. When do I get to see you?"

I didn't really know what to say so I didn't say anything I was overly insecure about myself. I didn't think I looked pretty enough for anyone. I just stared at the screen for over a minute, trying to think of some excuse to get out of this. I could say my phone camera doesn't work anymore?

"Louis_Tomlinson: I have to go. Harry is literally pulling me out of my seat."

Saved by the bell.

"Me: Oh my gosh I'm sorry XD"

"Louis_Tomlinson: Talk again soon xx"

Louis wants to talk to me again soon. What has happened to my incredibly dull life?

Harry's POV:

"Come on! Lou wants to do our hair! She told me not to come back without you this time." I grabbed Louis' arm and pulled it. He managed to shake me off and continued typing on his phone. "Louis honestly..."

"I told you! He's been like this for days, you're only just now noticing it!" Niall crossed his arms and spoke to me as if he was taddling on his little brother.

"Ok there! I'm done!" Louis slid his phone into his pocket and stood up.

"Finally!" I said and opened the door. Louis and Niall followed me out and we walked side by side to the other trailer across the lot where Lou does our hair.

"So when are you going to tell us about the fan you've been chatting to for days?" Niall looked at Louis and then me. Louis tried to fight a grin but lost and grinned at us like an idiot. Honestly the only time I'd ever seen him grin like that was when he was talking about Eleanor...

"She's um, her name is Katie. She lives in America."

"Is she pretty?" Niall asked cheekily and I rolled my eyes at him

"I...I don't know I've actually never seen her." Louis looked at the ground and then back at me. "I've seen her friends and sister though."

"Ooh I wanna see!" Niall grabbed Louis' shoulders and stopped him. Louis sighed, annoyed with Niall and pulled out his phone. He flicked through his pictures until he found the ones he wanted to show us and then handed Niall the phone. "Hey she's cute. What's her name?"

"Emily." Louis sighed again, louder this time, in the most annoyed sounding way possible. "Can we go now?" He complained as if we were invading his privacy. Which I guess we were.

"No, I want to see!" I pulled the phone from Niall's hand and looked at the pictures as well. They were very pretty girls but we see tons of pretty girls everyday, what could be so special about them to get Louis' attention like this?

Katie's POV:

The next week went by fairly quickly. I continued messaging Louis and, to my surprise he actually answered my messages once and while. We talked about stupid things though. Different holidays and traditions from our countires. I never realized how much I didn't know about the world until Louis told me all the things he's learned. I don't think he realized how little he knew about America as well. Our relationship was very odd, maybe that was the appeal of it? If I didn't know better I would almost call him my friend. That was silly though. He's Louis Tomlinson from One Direction and I'm just a fan that lives thousands of miles away.

I got out of bed and checked my phone. My routine had changed a bit, now I check my phone and Twitter before doing anything else.

"@Louis_Tomlinson: Morning :)"

I don't think he'll ever know how much his messages made me smile. He would say good morning to me somtimes and goodnight almost every night. I don't know why. One thing continued to haunt me, does he do this with every fan? I have no way of knowing, I don't personally know anyone else that he follows.

"Me: Morning yourself and what are you guys doing today?"

I guess Louis planned on waiting for me to answer him.

"@Louis_Tomlinson: I'll show you..."

I waited a few seconds and then a picture came in of a Starbucks cup.

"Me: A day off I take it?"

Louis didn't reply so I got ready for school. No one was home? There was usually someone home when I left. I got up earlier these days to talk to Louis so usually I was up before my mom but she was nowhere to be found. I got on the bus and Emily wasn't there. I texted her and she didn't respond. Had everyone just abandoned me today?

Liam's POV:

"Why are you taking a picture of your coffee?" I looked at Louis who was grinning and snapping pictures of his Starbucks cup with his iPhone. "You're sending it to that girl aren't you?"

"Why does it matter? You took a picture of a spork the other day remember?" I didn't look at him and continued typing on my phone.

"The world needed to see that witchcraft." I took a bite of my sandwich and looked away from him. When I looked back he was smiling and typing on his phone again. "Gimme that." I reached over and took his phone from him. Louis stood up and leaned over the table, trying to take it back from me, but I turned around in my seat so he couldn't reach me.

"Oh real mature, Liam." I could hear him sink back into his chair and sigh. "I'm taking your sandwich then."

"Oh real mature, Louis." I mocked him and scrolled through his messages. What on earth was this boy doing? We never talk to fans this much. I didn't realize he was talking to her so much. I turned around and looked at Louis who was eating fries from my plate. He looked up at me nervously, he knew I was going to let him have it. "Louis..."

"I know." He looked down and shoved 2 fries into his mouth. "She's just...I don't know...she's different." He said with his mouth full.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure Eleanor was far enough away that she couldn't hear us. She was standing at the counter ordering coffee. "What about Eleanor? What would she say if she read this?"

"I'm dating Eleanor, this girl is just...a very nice fan. I'm not trying to replace her, you know how I feel about her. And I'm allowed to have friends that are women aren't I?"

"You just called her a fan and now she's your friend?" I chuckled at him and pulled my plate back in front of me. "Jesus Lou, what are we going to do with you..." I took a sip of my drink and looked at Eleanor again. "You know there used to be a time when we got together and discussed what we would tell a fan before we sent them a message. What happened to that?"

Louis was fidgetting around in his seat nervously as he spoke. "I don't know. I just...I feel this weird urge to message her. Maybe she's going though a hard time right now?"

"A lot of people are going through a hard time, why her?"

"I already said that I don't know. I can't help how I feel. I just find her ineteresting."

I was going to say more but I realized this way pointless. Louis was an adult and he could do whatever he wants. And he's on defensive mode so there's no way I can get him to understand how it looks to everyone but himself. "Alright well tell me about her?"

"Her name is Katie, she lives in America. She has a dog and a sister that's in college..."

"No I mean tell me the part that you find so interesting about her?" I interupted him.

"Um...I don't know really. I guess she's so average and her life is the exact opposite of what I'm used to. It's kind of interesting remembering what life is like when you're not famous."

Zayn escorted Eleanor over to our table and they sat down with us. Louis and I ended our conversation there. Three girls wearing tight tube tops and short shorts slowly walked over to our table.

"Oh my gosh it's really them." One of them said.

"Where's Harry and Niall?" Another said.

"Who cares? Three of them are here!" Yet another said. They were talking about us like we couldn't hear them even though they were right in front of us.

"Can we get a picture?" One of them asked. I looked at Louis and Zayn and they nodded.

"Sure." I smiled and the three of us stood up and next to the girls.

"Oh um...Eleanor can you move you're in the background." One of the girls said while adjusting her camera to get everyone in the picture.

"Oh, sure." Eleanor awkwardly stood up and bumped into a chair behind her. It was sad how much people disliked Eleanor. Most people loved Danielle and even Perrie but when it comes to Eleanor she doesn't have much of a fanbase.

"Thank you so much!" The girl holding the camera said.

"Can I have a picture with Eleanor in it?" One of the girls said.

"Ew why would you want a picture with the fake?"

"Don't talk about her like that." Louis said and put his arm around her.

"But you're only pretending to date her. Everyone knows that."

"It doesn't matter what you think, she's still a person and no one deserves to be talked about in that way." Zayn said. He always had wise things to say.

"Ugh, come on let's go." The third girl said and they walked back to their table. "They'll never be able to tell us the truth, management won't let them." They said as they walked away from us.

"'Management won't let them do this, management won't them do do that,' God I'm so sick of hearing that." I said.

"Come on, let's go." Louis grabbed Eleanor's hand and pulled her towards the door.

"No, we're not going to run. That's what they want. We're going to sit here and stand our ground." I sat down and Zayn agreed and sat down with me.

"You sure you want to stay?" Louis loked at Eleanor.

"Yeah it's fine. Liam's right." Eleanor smiled a little and sat down with Louis.

Katie's POV:

As school let out, there was still no sign of Emily. I even texted her mom during lunch and she never texted me back. As I walked out of the school my phone buzzed.

"Emily: Hey can you meet me at my grandma's? We need to talk. :/"

I felt sick suddenly. My stomach tensed up and my heart began beating faster.

"Me: Of course I'll be right there. Is everything ok?"

I didn't wait for her response and I honestly didn't expect to get one. Something was wrong. Very wrong. Nothing felt right all day, I knew something was going to happen. I ran to her grandma's house because it was only about 8 blocks from my own house. I thought about stopping to get my bike but changed my mind. When I got to the house there were 2 police cars out front. They officers were standing in the yard talking and writing things down on notebooks. I made eye contact with one of them as I ran past them and to the front door. No one cared to stop me or ask who I was or anything like that. As soon as I walked in the open front door I saw Emily sitting on the couch next to her grandma. Her eyes were red from crying and her lip was bleeding slightly. "Emily! What happened?" She stood up when she saw me walk in. We ran to each other and hugged. "It was your father again wasn't it?" I asked her and I felt her nodding into my neck. Emily's father would get drunk and make a punching bag out of his wife and sometimes even Emily. He seemed to like Emily a bit more though and usually Emily only got hurt if she intervined. "I'm so sorry." I then looked past her at her grandma who was looking at me sadly. "Where's your mom?"

"She's in the hospital." Emily said and wiped a tear from her eye. "She'll be fine. She always is."

I stayed with Emily for about an hour. I tried to cheer her up and talk about happier things like our next Youtube video or any random thing I could think of. Emily's grandma made us cookies and tea and we ate while the police finished their reports and left. Emily seemed tired and her grandma had already fallen asleep playing Go Fish with us. It was getting dark out so I decided to go home. I didn't have any messages from my folks which I thought seemed odd. They're usually really concerned about me getting hurt if I'm out too late and they didn't even know where I was.

When I got home most of the lights were off except one in the kitchen. I walked in there and my mom and dad were standing at the counter drinking what I assume was coffee. They both looked at me when I walked in. Their expressions were so clinical and their faces were pale.

"I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to text you guys. I was with Emily and she..."

"We know. We know what happened. I was with Emily and her mother at the hospital this morning." My mom said and took a step closer to me. "We need to talk sweetie."

"What...w-what's going on?"

"We can't..." My dad started and let out a deep sigh. "We're afraid this situation with Emily's father is getting too dangerous so...I don't think you should hang out with Emily anymore."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms.

"We don't want you getting hurt. What if Emily's father hurts you while you're over there?"

"Well...well..." I crossed my arms. "Emily can only come over here maybe? I won't go to her house anymore."

My mom shook her head and looked at the floor. "What if he comes here looking for her? You're not safe being her friend. We're not safe either."

"Oh this is only about you. You're afraid for yourself. Emily needs someone and you don't care. I'm the only friend she's got that can help her through this."

"It's already decided. You're forbid from speaking to Emily anymore."

"That's not fair! You can't just do that! I'm almost 18, I can't just break up a friendship I've had for nearly 10 years!"

"You'll thank us for this later." My mom tried to put her hand on my shoulder and I pulled away from her.

"Yeah because she'll be dead and you don't have to worry about it anymore. You never liked her anyway." I didn't wait for them to say anything else and I ran upstairs to my room. I slammed the door and fell face first onto my bed. I couldn't even cry like I wished I could. I was too frustrated. It hurt too much. How can they just do this? This can't be happening. I turned on my phone, hoping to find a message from her or from someone but there was nothing. What was I going to tell her? I went to Twitter. I needed to vent so I tweeted:

"Don't you ever feel like no one understands you?"

Then I tweeted:

"I don't know how much I'll be on anymore after today."

"Something has happened and I don't know how to fix it."

"The same goes for me and Emily's youtube channel. Don't expect updates like usual."

I slide my phone under my pillow and began to cry. I've never been...well...I used to be sucidal. When things were really bad before with my parents. They usually fight like hell, I didn't ever have friends back then so I didn't know what to do. I used to feel like just giving up but then I met Emily and everything was ok. She made me feel like I could keep going because her life was definitely harder and she kept fighting on.

This is the first time I felt like hurting myself in a long time.

I'm losing the only thing that takes the pain away. My best friend.

Just when I thought I was at the end of the tunnel and it was a dark as it could get...I saw a light.

Literally, a light blinking on my phone.

"Louis_Tomlinson: What's going on babe?"

"Louis_Tomlinson: I'll understand you. :)"

You damn angel, you

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

249 40 15
!!DISCONTINUED!! I wrote this when I was like 12. I only republished it in hopes it would inspire someone else to stand up to family members who are...
178K 1.6K 126
I write a bunch of preferences, some mine, some not. You can always request one if you would like a speciel one :)
435K 8.6K 31
****idk why so many people think this is a Larry fanfic but it's not lol
162K 4.1K 51
TRIGGERWARNING: Bullying, Self Harm, Depression, rape, suicidal tendencies Lia gets separated from her brother and cousin. She hasn't seen them over...