windfall || k.th

By chimmochii-

Before I knew it, he already has me pushed up against the wall with him hovering over my smaller frame. He st... More

✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)و ✧
P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11

5

5.4K 302 131
By chimmochii-

I don't think I'm one who gets flustered easily. But when you accidentally walk into people changing, I suppose you can't help it. And that's exactly what's happening to me right now.

I stand frozen to the ground with the door handle in a hand as a wide eyed, half naked Taehyung stares back at me. He was surprised. He was flustered too. But then, he pulls on a smug expression and says, "Whoops. You got me there. Wanna join me?"

Flustered and utterly embarrassed, I turn and slam the door shut; my face feels hot and is probably beet red now. It's not like I've never seen him like that. Why am I reacting like this? Was it because I haven't seen him in a while? Or was it the way his body changed and turned more muscular..?

Okay, what the hell, Kim Hyunji. Stop it. Remember, you hate his guts to the moon and back.

As I squeeze my eyes shut in embarrassment, the door behind me opens. It took me all I have to swallow the scream that had came up half way in my throat.

"T-the head house maid told me to inform you about a phone call to the estate from a certain 'Mr. Jeon'. Please be sure that you call him back, bye!" I blabber and without stopping to breathe, I turn on my heels to walk away.

"Stop right there." To his firm voice, my feet automatically comes to a stop. "Come in. I need your help with something."

The creaking of the door and sound of his footstep tells that he had disappeared into the room. I can't help but groan internally.

What now?!

Reluctantly, I turn and walk into the room -it's size too big for a one-person bedroom- just as he appears from the dressing room with a small box in his hand, still with only a pair of dress pants on.

Oh great. Just great.

I take in a silent deep breath and force my eyes to meet his.

No matter how tempted you are, don't look at his torso. Just, no.

"What do you need my help with, sir?" He lands his butt on the bed and with a hand, gestures for me to move closer. "Don't worry, I won't touch you." He smiles. Reluctantly, I move to stand closer to him.

Reminder to self : Always bring a pepper spray.

"I just need you to help me with these." He puts the box in my hand and turns his back towards me. The small box turns out to be a box of muscle pain relieving patches.

The room falls into silence as the only sound is the sound of paper as I rip it off of the patch. As I silently work on pasting the patches on his back, he seem to be deep in thought. I wonder what's going on in that head of his. He used to be so cheerful. So carefree. But now, it's like he's another person.

He's no longer the Taehyung I know. He's not my Taetae anymore.

"Hyunji-yah.. Do you still remember?" His voice is soft and quiet as they break the silence. "Every time I hurt myself, you'd drag me to the nurses' office and nag at me for being clumsy. Don't you.. don't you miss those times?" I stop moving. The memories come rushing into my head, and I smile to myself.

I smile to myself, until-

"Oppa! Stop moving! You're making this hard for me!" Chaeun's voice rings through the empty hallway, followed by Taehyung's laughter. My grip on the lunch bag in my hand tightens slightly.

Of course he's with her. Why do I even bother? I have to walk away.  I have to. But I just can't help it. My body seem to have the ability to move on it's own as I lean against the door and peek in. My heart drops at the sight.

Taehyung.. is kissing down her neck. Chaeun sighs and slowly closes her eyes, she tilts her head backwards and leaves her mouth hanging slightly open.

And I feel disgusted.

I feel disgusted, but I can't help the tears that are slowly building up at the back of my eyes. I can't stop the pain growing in my chest. I can't unsee how my world shattered into nothingness.

Chaeun slightly opens her eyes. They landed right on me. I feel a pang of panic build up in me. But the feeling turned into resentment when the corner of her lips twist into a smirk as she leans in and presses her lips against Taehyung's ear to whisper while keeping her eyes on me.

I turn on my heels to leave. The last thing I heard is Taehyung's moan.

The lunch bag probably ended up in the trash.

"No. No I don't" I continue working on the patches. A frown forces it's way on my face when his skin vibrates against my fingers and his low chuckle reaches my ear.

"Liar."

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir." I try to sound as unaffected as possible, but my body is still shaking a little from the memory.

"I'm done." I quickly pick up the scraps of papers I peeled from the patches and turn to leave.

"Hyunji." I stop at his voice, but I don't turn around.

"Thank you."

And then I'm gone.

_

"Miss Kim? Are you okay?" The head housekeeper asks as I fidget with the glass in my hands. Ah.. I'm daydreaming again.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm perfectly fine." I raise my head to meet her eyes with a smile. The woman smiles back and gives me a light pat on my back, " I know Mr. Kim can be intimidating, but he's actually a very nice young man. Please forgive him if he yelled at you, he's been really stressed out lately. As you know, it's not easy handling a large company at such young age. He's been through a lot." She face shows sympathy as she speaks. And I wonder,

What could Taehyung had possibly been through that's so tough?

He was popular in school. He's so handsome that he can get any girl he wants. And he's born with a silver spoon in his mouth. It's like the whole universe is on his side while me here, having to switch school because of a certain Barbie's threat. Having to work hard because I'm not born a genius. And after all those teasing I've gotten in school, I now have one of my managers call me 'coffee stain girl'. And you're telling me he had it tough?

Tough my foot.

"Don't worry, ma'am. I'm just thinking about what to have for dinner." I smile despite my disagreement. As I stand to wash the glass she asks, "Why would you worry about that? The head chef had it all planned out."

My confusion must've shown on my face because she gasps, "You weren't informed about the dinner tonight?!"

"Dinner?"

"Yes, dinner! Dinner with the Jeons !" The Jeons.. must be his business partners.

"Why wasn't I informed? I didn't even bring any spare clothes, let alone a fancy dress!" I start panicking, but then a thought hit me.

I can get off the hook. I wasn't informed so they can't give me a pay cut.

"Ah, you don't have to worry about that! Mr. Kim already prepared everything you'll need."

..well played.

_

"You should've informed me about this." I say in a low voice as I try my best not to slap that smug smile off his face. He leans in closer and whispers, " I knew that dress would look good on you."

Of course it looks good. He has no idea what I've been through just to put it on. I can barely breathe in it! Now I just hope I don't pass out half way through dinner.

"That's not the point here! If you need me for this you should've told me so I can at least prepare-"

"If I had told you, you would be wearing that same old blouse you wear to work, wouldn't you? I don't want that. And besides, I've already bought this the other day when it caught my eyes in the mall. It'll be a waste if no one wears it." He shrugs nonchalantly. My eyes shift to the dress tightly hugging around my body.

He said 'mall'. If I am to sell this dress, how much would I get in return?

"Sir, the Jeons have arrived." A housemaid strides forward and informs. Taehyung nods at her in acknowledgement and adjusts his necktie, " Try to relax. Don't worry, they're very kind."

So I put on a smile just as the gigantic front doors open. A middle aged man with a kind smile steps in and goes straight to shaking Taehyung's hand while patting his arm with the other. I watch awkwardly as the men greet each other passionately. Soon, another man walks in. I look over at him, only to see that he already has his eyes on me.

A twinkle of familiarization flashes in those familiar doe eyes of his when they meet mine. Then, the bunny smile I had swooned over on our first meeting appears as he walks in my direction. It was only then that I realize he looks different. His hair is handsomely styled, and he's wearing a million dollar looking suit paired with a black bow tie, making him look so much more mature. His feet stops before me, the cheeky grin is still on his face when he chimes,

"Hyunji-shi. We meet again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 435 42
I felt someone's lips pressed onto my neck. They felt soft, warm, magical. I didn't open my eyes out of pure pleasure. I felt amazing. No one's ever...
117K 4.1K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
820 35 30
"Am I a rebound? I thought you were hurt? Mad at me? Now you act as if....I don't know." He was in fact right. I don't know either. Im suppose to be...
105K 5.9K 18
"Namjoon, I get that you don't feel anything towards me and I respect that, I truly do. But that doesn't stop me from feeling something for you. I kn...