The Angel Of Hell

By StormySkyDiver

Hell was the worst place to be after death. The torture is inevitable and the conditions are miserable. There... More

The Angel Of Hell
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 7

6.4K 234 20
By StormySkyDiver

Chapter 7

Lucifer’s POV

I looked at her incredulously. “Sally, not that I’m not grateful or anything, but how exactly do you plan on helping us with the situation?”

She looked at me like I was crazy. “What, am I missing something?”

“Are you for real? Didn’t Satan just ask me to be a part of his schemes? You know… like be his sidekick or something…?”

She waited for it to click; and as soon as it did, I downright refused. “No! Absolutely not!” Did she really think I was going to let her endanger herself for a hopeless cause?

“And why exactly can I not help?” She looked at me expectantly, tapping her foot repeatedly. The expression on her face was one of annoyance.

‘What does he think I am?’ Her thoughts penetrated my head. She was really getting furious.

“Trust me Sally; I know what it is to double cross Satan. You might think that living like a prisoner is Hell? But once you cross Satan, you’ll see things that are much much worse than what you’ve been seeing now!” I hoped I would be able to convince her. I shuddered at the mere thought of Satan finding out that she was planning on double crossing him.

“First of all, Lucifer, this is my choice, not yours. I really have no intention of living like this for the rest of eternity. If my soul was meant to rot in Hell, I’d rather that I do something to deserve it instead of just being put here with no choice.” Her tone of voice was unwavering and strong, but… I could sense her fear. She was as anxious about all of this as I was.

But I’m doing the right thing, she projected her thoughts to me. With some last hesitation, I finally gave her a small nod of approval.

“Fine, you can help… but I swear to god Sally, if you get caught…” The words stuck in my throat. The fear of getting caught was overwhelming. I really had no care of what he’d do to me, but her… she was a whole other story. For some reason, the thought of her getting hurt struck me as scary. For the first time, I, Lucifer, was… scared.

“I’m going to be fine, Lucifer. Have a little faith!” The expression on her face was so determined. I knew I wouldn’t be able to sway her no matter what.

“You can help, but you’ll need some training. And no, I don’t mean in the physical sense”, I said, catching on to her train of thought.

She sighed. “Well, since it’s settled that I’m going to help you, how do you propose that we convince your Father,” she emphasized, which made me flinch “that I have agreed to come onto his side… you know, without him reading my thoughts?” She sighed in frustration and plopped down on my bed, while I took the chair.

“It’s going to be close to impossible for you to learn to block your thoughts completely. Even I am unable to hide my thoughts fully from him. What you need to learn is how to redirect your train of thought without making it too obvious.”

“So… you mean, just not think of the whole double agent thing?” She gave me a perplexed look. I had to laugh the cute expression on her face. She looked like a little angel. I smiled at her, not knowing what I was doing. I heard her suck in some air. Her eyes met mine.

Her beautiful grey eyes were absolutely hypnotizing. It held so much emotion, something you’d never see in the rest of the charges here. My eyes dropped to her lips. If I had retained the ability to think straight, I’d probably try and grasp a few of her thoughts. Unfortunately, my own thoughts were jumbled up.  

I leaned down ever so slightly, only to find her coming closer and closer. Her eyes dropped down to my lips and mine did the same, slowly closing on their own accord. It was almost as if I had lost complete control over my body. My lips parted ever so slightly. My heart thumped and I could hear the faint thumping of her heart as well.

Just as it seemed out lips were about to meet, a sudden ringing made us pull apart brusquely. We looked at each other, wide eyed, and listened to what Satan had to say for the night. “Dear charges,” he spoke in a cheery tone, “your torture for today is over. Now it’s time for your disgusting dinner! Enjoy!”

I growled internally. My head turned towards her only to see that she was already looking at me. My heart began thumping in an erratic manner again, before she broke eye contact. “We should leave,” she said quietly and turned away from me. I sighed and blocked all the emotion from my eyes.

“Let’s go,” I said monotonously. Her head snapped back to mine and her eyebrows rose in a questioning manner. I simply shook my head and let her walk out first.

What’s up with him? Her thoughts penetrated my head. I sighed. If she let her thoughts fly like that, Satan would easily pick up on our plan.

By the time I got out, all my charges were already lined up and ready to eat. I almost grinned at how much control I had over them. Suddenly, my eyes flitted to Sally. She was standing in the corner, right at the end of the line, her face looking completely blank. My brows knitted in confusion. I tried to reach out to her thoughts, and was completely shocked to find a solid brick wall blocking my mind.

Could she really have learnt to block thoughts in the matter of a few seconds? It was close to impossible. Well, whatever she did, I’d confront her about it later.

“Dinner time,” I called out to everyone monotonously. I walked towards the dining area, and everyone followed me in single file. I’d much rather prefer it Sally was at the front of the line, but then again, I wouldn’t be able to talk to her anyways.

Our walk to the dining area was eerily quiet; but after spending my entire life in these hallways, it wasn’t something that unnerved me anymore. The only sound that echoed through the empty hallways was the sounds of footsteps.

We reached rather quickly, all my charges quickly shuffling in.

We all too our seats at the table and waited for our dinner to materialize in front of us. I shuddered to think about what they would have to eat today, especially Sally. She wasn’t used to this stuff, whereas the others were.

I waited patiently as the food started materializing them. The food was once again some unidentifiable substance. I kept my face a void of any emotion, in order to hide the disgust that would show for sure on my face.

Before Sally could dig in, an announcement rang through, by none other but Satan himself. “Sally Jackson! Can I please see you at my chambers?” Everyone, and I mean everyone’s eyes shot up to stare at her.

I watched with an emotionless expression as she got up to leave. Her eyes met mine for a brief second, as if reassuring me that she’d be fine. However, I couldn’t help but worry. Her mind was still vulnerable and Satan could learn her betraying thoughts easily. Unfortunately, I had to act as if nothing was bothering me. I turned back to everyone else. “Dinner ends in 15. Eat up!” I spoke monotonously, and everyone went back to eating their goo.

I sighed in frustration under my breath. This whole thing was getting pretty old pretty quick. If something didn’t change around here, no one would be able to stop Satan from his plan to take over heaven as well as hell. 

My thoughts quickly drifted back to Sally and I wondered if she was alright. My feelings for her were unexplainable. I wasn’t supposed to fall in love, I was supposed to be Lucifer; forever alone, just like Satan.

My heart thumped at the mere thought of her. But there was something… different about her. Apart from the fact that she was completely innocent in this whole scheme… she seemed to emit a different aura; had a different glow in her spirit.

The bell rang with a shrill sound, snapping me out of my thoughts. Luckily for me, my thoughts were on auto guard, otherwise, I would’ve been in some trouble. I quietly led my charges back to their rooms. Tomorrow would be a special day for them. It was one day every two months where they get to do whatever they want. They usually socialized with each other on this day and had a gourmet dinner. They all tried to make the most of it without going overboard, for they knew, it would affect all their future mufti days.

I head back to my room, deep in thought. I removed my shirt and threw it on the floor, too distracted to fold it up neatly. I was about to plop down on my bad when suddenly, I noticed another figure sleeping on my bed. I nearly jumped out of my skin and my heart rate increased rapidly.  

I took a closer look at the figure resting in my bed, only to realize it was Sally. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for me. I sighed and let out a small chuckle. Only her I tell you, only her.

I walked to the bed, and shook her for a bit, to wake her. “Sally, I whispered, “come on, time to wake up.” She opened her eyes groggily, blinking rapidly at me.

“Wha-What am I doing here?” She asked in a soft voice.

I shrugged. “I found you in my bed when I got back. I think you fell asleep waiting for me.” I flopped down in my chair, across from her.

She rubbed her eyes in that cute manner of hers, looking like an adorable little puppy.

Wait.

I did not just call her cute and adorable! I did. Oh shit. I looked at her again. I sighed, rubbing my temples with my index fingers. I really didn’t know what was happening to me. I looked up at her again, only to see a dark blush covering her features.

My brows furrowed in confusion. Then, I noticed her gaze on my chest. I looked down, only to realize that I was still shirtless. I let out a low chuckle. “See something you like,” I asked with a smirk. She blushed even more. I just had to laugh at that. “It’s okay, I know I’m hot,” I teased her.

“Shut up,” she mumbled through her hands. I let out another chuckle.

“Alright, alright! Anyways, what made you come and see me at this time of night when you could’ve seen me tomorrow?”

“Oh, that…” She spaced off. “Well, good news. He believed me!” She said in a sickly sweet tone. “I’m now his personal assistant… kind of anyways.”

My eyes narrowed. “And what’s the bad news?”

She looked at me hesitantly before answering. “Well… my primary job is to spy on you.”

*************************************************************************

ooohhh!!! Well, what do you guys think??? did you guys expect this to happen???

so sorry for the late upload, but this is one of my longest yet, so I hope it makes up for it!!!

I really liked this chapter!!! Well, what about you guys??? remember! Vote if you like, comment to tell me what you think! and Fan if you think the story has potential!!! :D

thanks guys!

Adios!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 6.1K 29
At the age of only fourteen, Joey Olsen was sent to Hell after a brutal family car accident. He soon realizes the only way out is by making a deal wi...
224 16 24
He dismissed me due to his pride and self-image, prioritizing his reputation and power above all else. He deems me unworthy to stand beside him, sole...
32K 2.5K 36
Hate, knowledge, loyalty, and love - everything has a price, but the highest is power. What would you pay? » ✦ « Jordan wished there was more to lif...
230 15 21
The devil always collects. And, so does his son. DRAKE Most guys like their dads. Most guys aren't the son of the literal devil. When Daddy Dearest t...