No. 1 Party Anthem || Ashton...

بواسطة duIcedeIeche

A song brings two strangers together. المزيد

No. 1 Party Anthem || Ashton Irwin
Christmas Eve
Christmas Morning
Acquaintances
Wedding Day
No. 1 Party Anthem
No. 1 Party Anthem Part 2
New Years
I Can Make Eggs...?
Sarah
Xander
Hurt
Next Morning
Our Song
Lies & Pools
Awkward Shower
End Up Here
Malibu to Mykonos
Brunch
Home
The Studio
Arguments & Coffee
Double Dates
Legal Documents
It's Not Like I'm Falling In Love
A Random Message
College
Relaxing
NYC
Antics
News To Luke
Dick
They'll Come Around
Luke Apologizes
Sulking & A Slip-Up
Again
Letter One
Letter Two
Homecoming
Goodbye's & Gifts
Orientation
Friends & Frats
Calls & Coffee
The Concert
Letter Three
Letter Four & School
Arrival & Birthday
Yellow
Dresses
Lunch
Letter Five & Six
Psychopath
Dick & Dinner
I Always Knew
If You Don't Know
Birthday
The Vaccines
Thanksgiving
Before The Moment's Gone
Thank you's

Homecoming 2

12.4K 373 119
بواسطة duIcedeIeche

"What the hell?" Ashton finally followed the unwritten script I had in mind, by dropping his bags on the floor of the living room. Now he just needed to kiss me. Could someone bring out the director and tell Ashton to play along?

"My exact thoughts." Kiss me, you fucking cutie. I shut off the music, sort of hoping he'd press me against the table the stereo rested on and kiss the life out of me. Maybe I was asking too much from a guy who just had a long flight over here. I should stop living in such a fantasy.

"Is he some kind of stalker? I can get a good lawyer so we can file a restraining order."

"He's my neighbor..." I started. "I completely failed to recall he lived in New York too. At the same time, I never thought I'd end up living next door to him." Why was I even surprised? I should have seen this coming with the terrible luck I acquired at birth.

"Are you comfortable with all of this now that you know he's just right next door?"

"Yeah, like I won't be seeing much of him. I don't plan to hang out with him, I think I'll be fine." I wouldn't be fine, but it was worth convincing Ashton that I would be. Ashton was still pretty bad at reading through my bullshit, so he'd take my word and not question me any further.

"Just making sure." I knew he was worried that Dick might try to come on to me again but I also knew he trusted me as I trusted him. Dick just wasn't someone you trusted with anything. But at the same time I didn't believe we should all alter our lives to accept that. "Can we get some lunch? I'm so hungry. The plane didn't have any snacks to hold me until I got here."

"Sure, let me just get ready real quick." I didn't think leaving the apartment without pants would be acceptable to the public. "This is your home too, so do whatever you like."

"Are you an option?" He asked, making his way to the kitchen to raid the fridge for a quick snack. I mentally gave myself a pat on the back for going grocery shopping yesterday. Feeding Ashton was like feeding three hungry kids after school.

"If you're good." I teased before disappearing in my bedroom.

I pulled on a pair of black leggings, aiming for comfort today. My electric green socks with white polka dots looked funny with the other colors of this outfit but I liked that, I liked how no one besides me would know that I was secretly wearing a ridiculous pair of socks as they were now covered by black suede ankle boots with a low heel. I placed a pair of black cat eye sunglasses atop of my head and swung a red shoulder bag on that went perfect with the red lettering on the shirt. It was a quick outfit that made me feel like a million bucks, honestly. I picked up my Polaroid camera, hoping to get a few good pictures today so I could start a wall here.

"Where would you like to go?" I entered the living room. Ashton was sitting on the couch, watching TV and stuffing a handful of Cheerios in his mouth. I think my heart stopped for just a second. Walking in to this sight felt like we were actually living together, for awhile it felt like Ashton didn't have a tour to return to in two days, like I would be able to see this everyday.

"Kinda craving spaghetti." He shrugged, popping more Cheerios in his mouth. I got a perfect shot from behind of Ashton focused on the television. Even the back of his head was cute and photogenic, what the fuck.

The access to so many things without having to worry about a car was always a plus about living here. Ashton and I took an eight minute stroll to Pepe Rosso To Go. We walked proudly with our fingers interlocked, joking with each other and acting like we didn't have a care in the world. Our ability to jump right back into things after being away from each other for so long gave me a good sense of comfort in what we had. Things weren't awkward, they weren't forced, they were like we were never apart.

Ashton ordered spaghetti, even if it would never meet the high standards of his mom's and I ordered chicken parmiggiana with penne. The trip was quick, in and out almost. Ashton wanted to eat in a park that was close by, so we did just that.

"This spaghetti is about as close as I'll get to mum's." He was a neat person but a messy eater. Spaghetti sauce covered both corners of his mouth and it was pretty damn adorable. We sat on opposite sides of a picnic table, which was perfect because I could take an endless amount of photos of him as if I was worried I'd ever forget what his face looked like. "What are you giggling at over there?"

"You're cute, that's all." I was prepared for the 'I'm hardcore I can't be cute' speech but instead he happily accepted the compliment, giggling himself.

"Speaking of my mum..." He dabbed a napkin around his mouth, but still did not succeed in removing any amount of sauce. He didn't make any comment at the sudden paparazzi moment I was in. He must be adapted to my random little quirks these days. "I'd like you to meet her...after the tour ends and stuff..."

"I'd like that." I was freaking out on the inside. My brain was acting like this was a freakin' marriage proposal. It was just meeting his mom, that was all. Wan't this the first step to a marriage proposal though? I didn't know how this stuff worked...

My hands began to sweat, I set my camera down, worried it'd slip right from my hands. I rubbed my palms against the fabric of my leggings before going back to my food.

"Really? I might have expected you to say no." Well, thanks for expecting the worst when it came to me. But even if I was in Ashton's position I would expect myself to say no, too. Was that bad?

"I'd love to meet your mom, Ash." I gave surety. Malibu Talia would have already grabbed her stuff and sprinted off, but NYC Talia convinced herself that this wasn't the first step to a marriage proposal, but rather the first step to having something more serious with Ashton. And that was all I needed to calm myself down. Cheers to not feeling like I was living on edge anymore. It took one positive thought and I was right back to feeling like I was indestructible.

"Good, because she's eager to meet you." He smiled, though struggling to securely twirl the noodles around his fork. "Oh, not again." He groaned. I looked to my left to see a few paparazzi not even trying to hide the fact that they were taking pictures of us. Maybe they were getting photos of someone else. That was a possibility, right? More famous people are always walking around the SoHo area. But that wasn't the case here when one of the men waved, calling me and Ashton's names.

"Hey, it's fine." I reached out for his hand, placing mine in his. I forgot how much I missed the feeling of his blistered fingers and calloused hands from playing the drums too much. It was the closest feeling to home, being stuck in a big city, right in the middle of so many other souls looking for their happiness. "All of this comes with you and that's fine. It doesn't bother me." As Ashton expected me to say 'no' to certain things, I had come to expect the possibility of poor hygiene, over-weight, crusty men intruding our time together every now and then.

"I just wanted to have a nice low-key day with you." His thumb slowed grazed over the bumps of my knuckles, stopping to circle each one in the process. My heart did cartwheels in my chest. "Those days only happen if we stay locked up inside all day."

"They're just taking pictures from afar...they aren't mobbing us..." That was an upside this time around, compared to the last. I didn't think I'd very much enjoy being chased all the way to my apartment. Now I was worried someone would find out where I lived and loiter outside the building, waiting for us to come out.

"It's just that...the fans, T..." The hold he had on my hand was turning into a bone crushing hold.

"What about them?"

"The things they'll say about us, about you. It won't be fair. I haven't been the most open person about this either..." We had never come officially public with our relationship. I didn't see the point. I knew he felt bad about not being open about it with his fans, but really, what business was it of theirs? The last I checked, this was a bond between Ashton and I, not Ashton, myself, and a million other people. It sounded harsh, but it was only the truth.

"Who cares what they say? Who gives a shit what they think? All that matters is that I love you and you love me. This is you and me, Ash. You and me. No one else." The tight, nervous grip he had on my hand, loosened and he returned to dragging his thumb along the prominence on my hand.

"I love you so much." He hunched over the table giving me a sloppy, sauce filled kiss on the lips. It might be the most perfect kiss we had shared so far. This was likely the moment that the internet would declare us official without us saying anything.

"It's nice to be reminded."

-

As quickly as we got our food was how quickly we had to end our little lunch date. Ashton's location surfaced on Twitter and lets just say it wasn't the best thing to run all the back to my apartment on a full stomach. I could feel the pasta taunting to come back out.

"I should probably let you dress me in disguise next time we go out." Ashton wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead while we stopped at my mailbox. We lost the daunting crowd of paparazzi and fans halfway to the apartment.

"Ah, yes. I think I could do wonders on you." I joked. "Throw on a skirt, some heels, and a little makeup and you'll sweep all of these New Yorker men right off their feet, sweetie." I emphasized the word 'sweetie' by slapping his chest playfully with the stack of envelopes I was holding.

"I said disguise not drag."

The elevator was agreed upon because we knew neither of us would survive the flight of stairs to the apartment.

Ashton theatrically collapsed to the floor of the apartment, groaning at finally being met with cool air after breaking into a sweat. "I think I might be dead."

"For someone who sits behind a drum set a lot, sweating his ass off, you sure are a diva about running." I chuckled, placing my purse, camera, and keys on the breakfast bar, then skimming over the mail. I received a few of the usual things; letters from the Art Institute, that are probably filled with pamphlet and guidelines I wouldn't feel like reading until the night before my very first day of class, someone trying to get me to apply for a loan I didn't need, Cosmopolitan magazine trying to get me to subscribe to their magazine, like they were mocking me. If there was anything I disliked more than a hot summer day, it was Cosmopolitan. They made relationships and sex seem harder than they actually played out to be. It was a tree wasted on useless advice, that was probably dated back to the 1700s. The last envelope stood out to me, it was a crisp beige colored envelope. Good, I was sick of seeing the absence of color.

Ashton & Talia Irwin
85 Mercer St #2R
New York, NY 10012

"This one's funny, it says, Ashton & Talia Irwin." My cheeks must've painted a slight pink as I stared at the envelope. This was only a joke my family would pull.

"It sounds nice, doesn't it?" I jumped a little, as Ashton surprised me by snaking his arms around my waist from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder. I might not be on edge, but I was still terribly jumpy.

"Don't get any ideas."

"I can't help it." He pressed his lips to my neck. "An amazing and pretty girl like you, who makes me really happy deserves to have my last name."

"Eventually."

"So who's the letter from?"

"It doesn't say..." I flipped it over but it didn't have anything other than my name and address. Odd. It might be a letter from my parents, explaining how much they miss me. They were into doing things like that, even if they could pick up the phone and call me to tell me they missed me. They believed words were more meaningful when written out. There was a time, early in my parents marriage, where they were separated for a good year and they wrote each other letters to stay in touch. It was sickeningly romantic. But what this envelope held was far from a letter involving my parents sadness.

"What is it?" Ashton squeezed my waist to get my attention.

Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Walton

Mr. and Mrs. Lukas Kozma

Request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their children

Sofia Jade Walton and Xander Maddox Kozma

Saturday, the sixth of December

Two thousand fourteen
At five o'clock in the afternoon

Malibu West Beach Club
Malibu, California

I recited from the card. The card was pretty extravagant, so extravagant I didn't want to touch it anymore, so I handed it to Ashton.

"Is this a joke?" He scratched the side of head.

"Seems pretty legit to me." I pulled my phone from my bag. I could talk to Ana about this. We were on better terms than before I left. We didn't talk everyday like Xander and I, but it felt good to have her back in my life and put our differences aside. Ana almost certainly had the same idea in texting me because I had an unread text from her. I made myself comfortable on the couch, snuggling into Ashton's side while he searched for something to watch. Could this please be an everyday occurrence?

Ana: are you as surprised as I?

We think alike!

Talia if i didn't have neighbors so close by, i would scream my head off.

Talia: how do mom and dad feel about this?

Ana: oh, they're thrilled. they might be happier about this than xander and sofia.
Ana: i don't know how many times i've heard mom squeal about you and ashton being next

I let Ashton read the texts being exchanged - more like he watched on, actually. "Your mom is my favorite person. She's always so good to me."

"And what am I?"

"Let me think about that. Get back to me in forty-eight hours."

Talia: mom's impractical.
Talia: how are you and the baby? jack?
Ana: we're all great. counting down the months! we find out the sex of the baby tomorrow!
Talia: you must call me or send me a little hint of what it is once you find out :)
Ana: deal!
Ana: I like the shirt you wore today. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before ;)
Talia: oh hush
Ana: did you guys fuck before going out? your hair looked messier than usual and his shirt kinda gives it away.
Talia: stoppppp it, ana. don't be gross.
Ana: see! you're not denying it either!
Talia: we did not do such a thing...
Talia: yet
Ana: better get to him soon! i bet he's full of testosterone and waiting to rip those leggings off you...those leggings make your ass look nice btw
Talia: okay bye ana have to drown myself in holy water now
Ana: have fun my dear ;)
Talia: we're actually going to beat xander and sofia to the punch and start working on children of our own! baby hemmings will have a cousin sooner than you think :p
Ana: that's what i like to hear!
Ana: thought of names yet?
Talia: probably something unique. echo for a girl, storm for a boy.
Ana: cute!
Talia: i hope the kids look like ashton because he's such a cutie.
Ana: couldn't agree more
Talia: ASHTON TOOK MY PHONE AND SAT ON ME WHILE HE TEXTED YOU. ALL OF THE CHILDREN TALK WAS HIM.
Talia: DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS
Ana: BOOOOOOOOO. you suck, t.
Ana: i'll leave you now. jack just got home with a jar of pickles that's calling my name!
Talia: you'll turn into a pickle if you eat anymore.
Ana: that's the plan. love you.
Talia: love you too

"You little ass!" I pretended to be upset with the guy, but that smile and his giggle always made it unmanageable.

"Hey! I had her going for a second there!" Obviously Ashton was proud of that.

"She's only the most gullible person on the planet." I once told her that gullible was no longer an official word in the Oxford English Dictionary, she responded by doing intense research on the matter, even purchasing a dictionary. I was on her shit list for about month after she found out I was messing with her.

"Shall we get started on baby Irwin?" Ashton insisted.

"We shall not!"

"You're such a party pooper!" He slowly tilted his body over on to mine, until he was crushing me.

"Get off of me!" The weight of this six-foot boy would be the death of me if he didn't get up.

"Okay, okay." He stood up, picking me in a few swift movements. "To the bedroom!"

"Your hair's really fluffy. I like it." I forced him to let me grab my camera if I wanted to document any moment that was about to happen.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"It was an attempt."

"Here we are." He placed me on the bed and removed his own shirt, then hovered over me.

"Eager, are we?" I cupped his face, rubbing my thumb on his bottom lip. My other hand snapped a photo of the moment. It was the most flawless close-up I had ever seen someone take.

"I've wanted to put my hands all over you since I got here." He kissed my earlobe, then my jaw line, down to my neck and I was weak. All he needed to do was kiss my neck and I was his without a fight. He sucked and nipped all over my neck, branding me with new marks to flaunt around New York City. New marks that would let everyone know I'm his.

"I'm all yours now, babe."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

109K 2.9K 19
[ DISCONTINUED ] ❝Maybe the friendship they have was suppose to be something more?❞ © -mmxii
16.6K 124 103