Never Again.

By CoffeeAndABook6

At fourteen my life was flipped upside down. And not for good. I was held captive for many years. I didn't k... More

Never Again.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Nine

89 3 0
By CoffeeAndABook6

It's been two weeks since Dani went back to work but I finished the house in six days so now I was just finishing up planting everything in the clearing so that it all looked good.

I really hope it looks good, she deserves the best and I hope this is pretty close.

I strung lights up in the rafters under the roof. They were small and bright so they looked like the stars on a clear night. It was cool outside and nice weather, even at night.

I made reservations for a fancier restaurant for tomorrow night, before I forgot, or talked myself out of it again, and packed up all the tools once I finished. I had made a path to the clearing and strung candles along the edges so it was lit up. I had rose petals to lay down still, but I was going to wait until tomorrow.

The night went by fast but today was going by slowly. Lily had hired a new waitress, one of Kat's friends' younger sisters or someone and so her shifts were more in the middle of the day. So she was done at four. It worked out because we got time in the morning and afternoon on those days, and other days just before or after depending on the shift.

I had asked Kat to help Dani pick out an outfit. Kat knew what was happening but she was the only one, because I needed her help, which she was happy about. I put the lighter beside the first candles, where I told Kat it would be. She had Dani pick out a fancy dress and heels which she said made Dani look like a million bucks, but she looked like more than that in sweatpants so I was hoping I didn't pass out when I stopped breathing when I saw her in it.

At two I laid the rose petals down, and then waited to go pick Dani up. I had taken out a suit and I hoped I didn't look like a nervous fool as I asked her the most important question I've ever asked someone in my life.

'I'm yours, forever and always.' Those words had been playing on a loop since she said them and even now I was hoping she truly felt that way.

{Dani's POV}

Work ended in ten minutes and usually Kane was done by now. I was worried about him. He had been quiet this morning, and almost looked nervous, but I had no idea why. I asked him what was wrong but he said everything was alright, so I kissed him before heading in to work. I turned and saw him walk into the diner and my face lit up in a smile.

"Hey stranger."

"Hey darling."

I feel like a princess when he calls me that because the first time he did he brought me to see our land.

"Oh, one second." I said and walked behind the counter to grab the food for the family that sat down a few minutes ago.

Kat walked downstairs and nodded at me, at least I thought it was me until Kane nodded back and smiled.

"What was that about?"

"Just saying hi."

I think there was more to it, but after this morning and his quietness I figured he would talk to me if it was anything bad.

I decided I would ask him tonight.

I grabbed my things from the back and we drove home. It was a quiet ride, the only noise the radio.

It wasn't awkward, just silent.

When we got in the door he turned me to face him, "You bought a dress with Kat right?"

"Yeah... She told me every girl has to have a dress that suits them, why?"

"Will you put it on?"

"Now?" I didn't even want it, but she insisted and brought it up in every store. It was a nice dress but some of my scars could be seen in it and I didn't really like it.

"Yes."

I went to ask him why but he cut me off, "Please? Do this for me?"

"Kane, are you okay? You were quiet this morning and now you want me to dress up?"

"Yeah. I swear I'll explain everything after tonight."

"Okay." I started to walk to the bedroom but turned back around, "Do you want to see the heels too?" I asked trying to lighten the mood, which worked.

He smirked, "Definitely."

I rolled my eyes at his lustful comment but he just stood there really nervously.

"Dani, I should just tell you. I asked Kat to make sure you had a dress and heels because I wanted to take you to a fancy restaurant for dinner."

'Like a date?' I thought. We had never really been on a date, but we never dated and I knew without a doubt that I would marry him tomorrow if that's what he wanted.

"Dani, will you wear the dress?"

I smiled at how nervous he was, why would I say no?'

"Of course. How fancy do I have to be?"

"Just semi-formal. Dress, heels, hair, you know."

"Okay." I turned and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed some things and walked to the bedroom.

I heard Kane moving around but thought nothing of it.

Half hour later I felt bad for making Kane wait, especially since he was so nervous, but I wanted to make sure I looked okay. I put on the smallest amount of makeup and curled my hair. The dress was red and Kat had told me it fit me like a sleeve but it wasn't that tight. It showed off a little cleavage, had one strap over my left shoulder, and was gathered at one hip, showing off my legs. You could see some of the scars on my right shoulder and small ones on my thigh. I was hoping Kane wouldn't notice the flaws.

I took one last look at my hair and decided to pin up the front two pieces and clip them back, since it was all curled and down around my shoulders. My long silver earrings twinkled in the light and now you could see them more. I hadn't worn a dress in about eleven years and I felt young again.

After one last look I started to walk out but put my heels on first and then opened the door and walked out.

Kane had his back to me, pacing across the door. He looked up at the sound of the door and his whole face was in shock. He froze as his eyes roamed up and down my body and I blushed. I knew exactly when he saw the heels because his eyes grew dark and a slow smile spread across his face.

I noticed he was in a suit. It showed off his muscled body and made him look even sexier and I grew warm inside. He held out his hand after a minute and I slowly started to walk forward. My legs wouldn't move any quicker. His white shirt underneath was pressed and the tie was laying flat down his chest and abdomen. He could definitely be a model. He looked breathtaking and I couldn't help myself from wondering how I managed to keep him. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as I walked closer. I took his hand and he brought it up to his lips, he gently kissed it not breaking eye contact and spun me around.

"You truly stole my breath away. Dani you are stunning. You look more beautiful than the sun, absolutely incredible."

"Thank you. You clean up pretty good."

"I haven't actually worn a suit my whole life."

"You should. It looks good on you. You really are... handsome." It sounded more like a question but I think he would get the wrong idea if I told him he looked sexy as sin.

He twirled me around again and his smile grew, "God you're beautiful. How do you not stare at yourself all day in the mirror? I can't take my eyes off of you."

What the hell, might as well tell him, "You look pretty hot yourself."

I bent forward and kissed him before whispering in his ear, "I can't wait to take that shirt off and run my hands down your chest. You look sexier than the devil."

"Even when you're sober eh?"

"Definitely when I'm sober. You actually look so hot right now."

He shivered and I smiled, knowing the effect I had on him.

{Kane's POV}

"As much as I'd love to hear how hot I am I don't want them to give our table away, so we should probably head out."

"You made reservations?"

"I wouldn't want you to get all dressed up and have to wait in line."

She smiled and I opened the door motioning her through, "After you, darling."

She blushed and rolled her eyes before walking through. She grabbed my hand and after the first step down the stairs I carried her the rest of the way.

"I can walk."

"I can carry you."

"Kane."

"I'd rather you be in my arms. Would you like to walk instead beautiful?"

She shook her head and curled up in my arms.

"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"How far is it?"

"Forty minutes."

She seemed to think for a little while, her eyes were roaming over me the whole time and when I looked over at her she quickly looked away, but I saw the lust in her eyes first. 'Tonight is going to be a long night if she keeps looking at me like that.'

I knew I was looking at her the same way though. How could I not? She had a red dress that made her look like a lottery prize, she was absolutely gorgeous! 'Million dollars my ass', she looked priceless.

"So is this our first date?"

I looked over at her, it didn't feel like a first date, but I guess technically it could be considering I never actually asked her out on one.

"I didn't think about that."

Her face kind of fell before it picked back up, "Can it be?"

'Ask you to marry me on our first date?' I couldn't wait to tell our kids that one. A laugh escaped at the thought.

"Yeah, I guess I should've asked you formally then."

"Don't be silly, you know my answer anyways."

"It's still polite to ask."

When we got there I opened her door for her and grabbed her hand. When she stepped out I closed her door and asked, "So beautiful, will you go on a date with me tonight?"

"Yes handsome." We laughed and walked into the restaurant.

"A table for two?" The hostess asked.

"Actually, I have a reservation under the name of Rider, Kane Rider."

"Oh yes, just on time. Right this way."

The hostess kept glancing at me over her shoulder and I think Dani noticed because she tensed up and looked down at herself.

I bent to her to whisper in her ear, "One, you are way more stunning than her, even in sweatpants she doesn't compare, and two, if you want we can show her like we did Janet."

"Kane! We're in public," she whispered back as her cheeks turned pink as I laughed lightly.

"Then everyone will know beautiful."

"Kane."

"Fine, we can wait until we're leaving."

She rolled her eyes but I was serious, if the hostess kept looking at me I was going to kiss Dani right here, right now.

"Here you are. Would you like to start with some drinks?"

I ordered us each a glass of Dani's favourite wine and she smiled. She honestly looked so beautiful with her hair all curled and a thin layer of makeup over her eyes, it made them standout and shine.

"I don't know if I told you, but you look absolutely gorgeous Dani."

"I think you told me, but it's nice to hear it again."

"Then I will keep telling you."

"You don't look too bad yourself." She said it, but I could tell by the look in her eyes that she meant it. I don't know what she saw in me, I mean girls used to flirt with me, but I don't see it.

"I can cleanup when I want to."

She smiled and we talked about everything under the sun throughout dinner. The waitress asked us three times to keep quiet because we were laughing so hard but we just couldn't help it.

The hostess that walked us to our table gave me an evil eye when I held my hand over Dani's and ran my thumb across her knuckles, so I kept it there the whole time we ate. Afterwards neither of us wanted desert and I was glad because the sun would go down in about an hour and a half and I wanted us to watch it through the trees in the clearing.

We went to leave and the hostess was looking at us again and Dani tensed up, she had relaxed during dinner but I think she was self conscious because she had a few scars that peeked out. Honestly, they made me love her more to know she trusted me even after what that asshole did to her.

I turned Dani to me and kissed her, she was shocked and I pulled away before I could slip my tongue in and get us another warning.

I opened her door for her and climbed around. She sat right beside me holding my hand as we drove back home, at least she thought so.

About ten minutes from home I pulled over in front of the land and Dani looked excited to be here.

When I opened her door she stepped out and her face fell.

"Kane, I can't walk through mud in these."

"So you aren't going to argue when I carry you?"

She smiled and giggled as I picked her up and spun around. All my nerves about asking left at dinner as we talked and I knew that we would be together forever. Always and forever.

I stopped spinning and held her closer as we walked towards the forest.

"Dani, you don't mind going just a bit of the way in, do you?"

"As long as you're coming with me, Prince Charming."

"I'll be with you alright darling."

She smiled and giggled as I carried her further in. I had laid stones down on the path I cleared so it would be smooth enough for her to walk on her own after that.

"Then lets go."

"Your wish is my command," I saluted her and continued. About five minutes later you could see the candles and I placed her down at the edge of the path.

{Dani's POV}

"Can you walk on this?"

I didn't trust myself to speak so I just nodded.

I looked around and saw the path bend slightly but there were more lights around the bend. The path was edged with candles and rose petals and it looked so beautiful a tear escaped my eyes that he had done all of this for me.

"Happy tears?"

"Yeah."

"You haven't seen anything yet," he mumbled. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear it so I just kept walking. He kept glancing at me with a big smile on his face and I'm sure mine was bigger. I was in shock as we rounded the corner and I saw a beautiful open gazebo with vines growing up it, and lights throughout the vines. There were red, white and pink flowers all over and roses laying scattered all over the railing. The inside of the roof had lights that looked like a night sky and more tears fell.

"Kane, this is wonderful!"

"I'm so glad you like it."

I hugged him close and felt something against my leg. I didn't question it, just held him tighter. I didn't want tears all over his suit, so I pulled back.

"I love you Kane."

He didn't respond right away, instead, he put his hand in his pocket and took out a small dark blue box. He grabbed my left hand and got down on one knee.

I think my heart stopped.

"Dani, the moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were perfect. You're incredible inside and out. I can't imagine my life if I hadn't have walked into the diner that day. You've changed my life so much, for the better. I've told you this before and I'll tell you again, I want to wake up to you every morning, with the sunrise, and come home to you every night, right here on this land. I may not be perfect, and I don't deserve you, by far, but I will try every day to keep you."

If my heart had not have stopped already it definitely would have when he opened the box and showed me a diamond ring. It had one bigger one in the middle, but not huge, with four small ones on each side.

It looked like the little diamonds wrapped around the ring and it was so incredibly beautiful. It was simple yet remarkable. My mouth dropped open in shock. I know my eyes were huge by this point too.

"I love you Dani, I always will. Always and forever."

I don't know if he was talking or not I could barely process anything.

"Daniella Megan Lodting, will you marry me?"

I had to laugh that he said my last name like it would poison his tongue and I couldn't even speak, so I just nodded my head over and over again.

"Please say you'll be mine."

"Yes Kane, yes! I'm already yours."

He slipped the ring on with a huge smile and I pulled him to his feet.

"Now you're mine."

I was still shorter than him in my heels but he bent the little bit down and kissed me gently. It was such a tender kiss that told me he truly loved me and always would. The kiss held so much promise. It was perfect.

I couldn't imagine this night getting any better.

"I love you beautiful."

"I love you too handsome."

He smiled bigger and kissed me again. It was perfect too, but it was hotter and more passionate and had my knees going weak.

"We can go home if you want to, but I was hoping we could watch the sunset."

"I'd love to."

He smiled again and sat me down on the floor. He pulled a couple blankets over and put them across me. He was about to sit when instead he slipped my heels off and gently massaged my feet first.

"Your feet have got to be aching from these things."

"It was worth it to see your face when you saw them."

"You're definitely wearing them again."

"Don't I know it."

He sat beside me but I moved and sat between his legs, sitting in front of him. He put his arms around me and held me against his chest.

"I love you handsome."

He found my left hand and brought it up so he could kiss the ring, "I love you too, my beautiful fiancée."

"It's a beautiful ring Kane."

"You like it?"

"Yeah! I would've been happy with a grass ring if you gave it to me. But I really do like the design." It was flat so it wouldn't get caught on anything, which meant I could wear it to work luckily.

"I wasn't sure what kind you liked and I didn't know how to ask without making it obvious. I wanted it to be a surprise."

"It was definitely a surprise. I knew you wanted me to be your wife, but I had no idea you already wanted it."

"If that was the actual wedding ring I would be happy."

"It might as well be. I'm yours." His eyes always turned a shade darker when I said those two little words, and I knew by the squeeze of his hand that they did again.

"Mmmm, I love when you say that." He moved my hair to the side and kissed my neck. He basically sighed the words and they came out really low.

I laughed lightly and put my head back on his shoulder. I could feel him smile, almost like I just knew he was and I smiled too.

"I still can't believe how comfortable you are around me."

"What do you mean?"

"After everything you've been through I can't believe that you've already moved in with me, that you will lay beside me, and that you will sit right with me. Not to mention marry me. You're so strong."

Sometimes I thought I could go further, but at the same time it wasn't so much that I was ready but that he knew I was ready and wouldn't think he pushed me. I had mentioned marriage for a couple weeks now, which I think is why he felt comfortable asking without thinking it was too far.

"Was this gazebo always here?"

"No, I built it this week."

"This week?!"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"I finished the other house a few days after the trial and built this when you were working. It took me a good three-five days."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. It would've taken less time but I wanted it to be perfect. I know it's not, but I'm not very creative."

I slowly got up and he stood behind me. I walked to the railings and ran my hand along the flowers he had carved out.

"There's so much detail."

He stayed quiet where he was. I think he was nervous I wouldn't like it or something.

The archway had grooves and vines carved into it too.

"Kane it's a work of art."

"You like it? I wanted it to have flowers all year round. I figure in the winter the flowers will die, but this way they'll still be there."

"You really do think of everything. And of course I like it. It's incredible."

"Thanks." He seemed to relax and I walked over to him.

"Were you nervous?"

"Sort of. I wanted tonight to be perfect, and I couldn't come up with a better place than one we built to have our first date at."

"You built it, not me, I can't take credit for any of this."

He took my hand and brought me over to the archway.

"Remember the woods you picked out last week? And the flower patterns?"

"Yeah- No way!"

"Yeah, you didn't recognize them?"

"No, they- its just- This is amazing. I feel so blind for not even noticing. You had me design it and I didn't even know it."

"I wanted to make sure you liked it."

"Cheater."

He laughed and I joined in. He pulled me closer and put his chin on my head. When I thought we were as close as possible he brought me even closer and ran his hands up and down my back until I placed mine under his jacket. Like always he was warm. I felt safe in his arms, completely at ease and happy.

He brought his arms around and down my arms.

"Dani, you have goosebumps!" He let me go and took off his jacket putting it around my shoulders, "Sorry, I should've thought about a jacket for you." He looked down at me as I put my arms in the suit jacket, "Actually, I'm glad I didn't. It looks better on you."

"Kane, you're going to be cold."

"No, trust me, I won't be."

I could almost hear the thoughts going through his head and felt my face get hotter. His comments always made me blush and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop, but I didn't care much anymore, he didn't seem to mind.

I put my hands on his chest and pulled his collar closer, "Well, just in case you do, let me know." I whispered it in his ear and a moan escaped his lips before he brought me flush against him. He was still warmer than me and I blushed at the reason why.

"The dress brings out the colour more."

I know my face heat up more and I tucked my face into his chest.

He put his hand under my chin and looked at me, "Don't hide it, you're beautiful."

"I look like a tomato."

"No, you look like a ruby, and it suits you."

"Ugh, that's what I always dreamed of looking like."

He chuckled and held my face with both hands, "What did you dream of looking like?" He got really serious and I didn't want to meet his eyes anymore.

My whole life I wanted to look as good as my sisters but I knew he would say I looked better than them. He's seen photos of when I was younger but clearly he doesn't see what I see because he thinks I was adorable.

When I didn't respond he lightly brushed his lips over mine and placed them by my ear pulling me close, "Whatever, or whoever, it was, I'm glad your dreams didn't come true."

"Did you ever want to look different?"

"In the first couple years of high school I did, but after a while I didn't want any attention and was happy I didn't look better. Girls flirted with me and showed me some attention, but not like other people, thank goodness. Although now I wish I looked good so we were equal on that front."

"We are, if I look half as good as you say I do."

"Words can't describe you. You're breathtaking."

After a small pause he sat us both down again.

"Do you want to stay for the sunset?"

"If you don't mind."

"You should be able to see it go down through the trees."

I put my head back on his shoulder and closed my eyes, completely relaxed.

"Kane, this is the best night of my life. I can't imagine anything more perfect than this."

"So it's memorable for a good reason?"

"Definitely."

"I can't wait to tell our kids that I asked you to marry me on our first date."

It shocked me how the mention of our kids didn't even phase me anymore. It wasn't a 'what if' anymore it was more a 'when'.

I laughed at his comment and couldn't help picturing it.

"Daddy, what was your and mommy's first date like?"

"Well, I took your mom to a nice restaurant and afterwards we sat on a gazebo all night watching the sun after she agreed to marry me."

I'm sure our child's face would be one of complete shock.

"I can't wait for that conversation."

He laughed too and we fell into a comfortable silence as the sun fell slowly in the sky, burning a bright orange.

{Kane's POV}

I couldn't help the smile that stayed on my face all night. Holding my fiancée in my arms as the sun went down on our land in our gazebo was the best feeling ever.

About an hour after the sun was gone I carried her, fast asleep, to the truck and extinguished the candles. I drove us back to our apartment and tucked her in to bed. Since she was asleep I decided I could get changed in the room quickly. I took my shirt, tie and shorts off and was about to put sweatpants on when I heard a mumbled, "Stop".

I thought she was having a nightmare until I noticed she had her eyes open.

"Sorry, I figured since you were asleep, it wouldn't matter. It won't happen again."

"Stop apologizing and come here."

I went to put the pants on again when she spoke up, "Stop. Come here."

I kept holding them as I walked towards the bed. She grabbed the sheets and threw them back, "Get in."

"Dani-"

"Now."

I laughed at her commanding tone because she half laughed throughout the one word but I got in anyways, slowly, not moving too close.

She put a palm on my chest and I grew hard, "Don't move."

"Wouldn't think of it."

She climbed out of the bed and turned her back to me. I figured she would leave to get changed but she just turned her back and took her dress off and I closed my eyes quickly, trying to give her some privacy.

I heard her dress hit the floor and wanted it to be my fault that it was off of her.

I mentally scolded myself for all the ways I imagined taking it off of her. And then again because I imagined her keeping those heels on all night.

I heard her laugh before the bed dipped slightly and I opened my eyes.

"You didn't have to close your eyes."

"I wanted to give you some privacy."

"You've seen my back before."

"Yeah but-"

"Well, I think my fiancé has every right to see it."

I smiled, but I didn't want her to push herself.

"Dani, I didn't mean to change in front of you."

"Kane, I didn't even see anything. Just your boxers, unless you were embarrassed that you're wearing pink boxers."

"They're red."

"Pink."

"Red. I don't own pink boxers."

"Sure," she winked and I laughed because of how defensive I got over it, "Maybe I'll buy you some pink ones."

"They will be on the bottom of my pile."

"You wouldn't wear a gift I got you?" She pouted.

"Not fair," she laughed and straddled me. I noticed she only had my shirt on and she slowly pulled the clips out of her hair letting it all fall down.

It looked like a halo around her, "You look like an angel."

She blushed and laid down on me, staring into my eyes.

There was lots of lust, love, and joy in them as she just looked at me lovingly.

"That look will be the death of me one day."

She blushed and bit her lip and I couldn't help myself, I grew so hard and she looked back up at me completely red as she felt my length.

"I think you look the same."

"Don't I know it."

She laughed and I brushed my lips against her hickey, "Kane."

I flicked my tongue over it before tugging gently and she trembled as my hand grabbed her hips holding her on me.

"Wow, hearing my fiancée moan my name is even better."

She put both hands flat on my chest as I held her against me.

"That sounds good."

"What?"

"Fiancée."

"Oh yes it does. Now I just have to wait to call you my wife."

"Wait how long?"

"How long do you want to wait? We could get married tomorrow, or in ten years, it doesn't matter to me."

"Can we get married and spend our first night in our house?"

"Yes. That sounds perfect. Do you have a preference of which month?"

"I love the fall, we could do it then."

"That sounds great. September? October?"

"September."

"This year? Next year? 2018? 2052?"

She laughed, "This year, of course. I wouldn't make you wait to move into our house."

I just kept looking at her. I only ever thought this day would be a dream.

"Kane?"

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. Do you want to get married in the fall? Its your wedding too."

"I want it to be everything you've dreamed of. So yes, September is perfect."

"You really don't mind?"

"I'm happy if you are."

She smiled and kissed my chest lightly. I shivered and she put her forehead to it for a couple seconds before sitting back up.

"I'm happy."

I could see it in her eyes, she looked so young and alive and there was happiness all over her face.

"Then I am too."

I shifted and pulled her closer to get her off my crotch because I was physically in pain and she put her arms around my neck.

"What kind of wedding do you want?"

She seemed surprised for a second, "What do you mean?"

"What kind of wedding have you always dreamed off?"

"I don't know. I've never thought about it. I didn't think of it when I was younger, and then I just didn't think it could ever happen, you know."

"I'm sorry Dani."

"Don't be. Now it is happening and it was worth the wait."

We were quiet for a few moments and I played with her hair, it still had curls in it and they were a bit looser.

"A small one. Just the people that matter the most, family and friends, and somewhere important, that means something to us."

"You don't want a huge white wedding?"

"No. I want it to be special, I want it to have meaning."

"Then it will."

"But I want it outside, if the weather permits."

"Your wish is my command."

She laughed and I couldn't get the sound out of my head, I love her laugh.

"Do you have any preferences?"

"No. I was hoping you would say small, and outside sounds better. I don't know where to have it though."

She seemed to think for a second and then her eyes lit up. I know she had an idea but she didn't say anything. She looked like she just pictured the best thing ever and got all excited before stopping herself and getting quiet.

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing. It's probably stupid."

"Dani? Please tell me. You looked so happy, and you went to a faraway place picturing it."

"Well, I don't know, I don't even know if you planned on keeping it."

"Where? Keeping what?"

"The gazebo."

I thought about it for a moment. Seeing her walk up in her dress holding her flowers as she slowly made her way to me, under the large trees and met me under the archway of the gazebo. It sounded perfect to me.

"Kane? It was just an idea we don't-"

"Lets do it."

"What?"

"Lets do it. It's outside, the clearing will fit more than enough people, there are lots of flowers, and it's somewhere special."

"You mean that?"

"Yes."

She got all excited and kissed me. She was passionate and took control of the kiss, laying me down and putting her hands in my hair. I cupped her neck and flipped us over, only putting some of my weight on her, trying not to crush her.

When I pulled away she pecked me on the lips, "You're sure?"

"Yes Dani, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you built it, but I don't know if you planned on keeping it."

"Do you not like it?"

"I love it, I hope you keep it."

"Then I will. I hadn't thought of what I was going to do with it after, just last night."

Her eyes lit up at the mention of last night and I kissed her ring.

"Does my fiancée want breakfast?"

"I love when you call me that."

She climbed out of bed but I picked her up and spun her around as we made our way to the kitchen.

"I love calling you it."

I put her on the counter and looked in the fridge and cupboards.

"What would you like?"

"Anything."

"No preferences?"

"Nope."

"Ugh, so demanding."

She laughed and walked up behind me. I forgot I was only wearing boxers until her hands lightly ran up my back and rested on my shoulders before she kissed up my spine and then wrapped her arms around my front, resting them on my abdomen.

She whispered lightly and it sent tingles over my back, "I love your body."

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear that or not so I mumbled back, "I love yours more."

"What?"

I turned around and held her face, "I said I love your body more."

She blushed a dark red and her arms fell, "I didn't think you heard me. I didn't mean to say it aloud." I know she hated her scars but they were so uniquely her, they told a story about how she survived so much. They prove how strong she is.

"I did. I love everything about you, including the feel of your body against mine," I said as I pressed her flush up against me.

"I do too."

She kissed my chest but I brought my lips to hers, "Now whose aim is off?"

I felt her smile against my lips and deepened it, tilting her head back.

I brushed my lips over her jaw and down her neck before flicking my tongue over both hickeys, "Kane." She gasped and I grew harder instantly.

I put my hands in her hair and tipped her head to the side and sucked on different areas on her neck, nibbling and teasing her.

"Kane, you... you don't..."

"Play fair. I know."

I laughed and pulled her earlobe into my mouth and she tugged on my hair, keeping my face in her neck.

She moaned several times as I kissed her passionately, taking her tongue with mine and exploring every inch of her mouth. I wanted to move my lips lower, I had the urge to take her and used every ounce of control to pull away. She was still panting and I had so many images of making her scream.

"Sorry, I'm sorry Dani."

"What? Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't usually have a problem stopping. But this time it took everything I had not to... take you. Right here."

I knew she was blushing, she grew warmer, "But you didn't, that's all that matters."

"What if I can't next time?"

"You will. And if not, I will."

"But you shouldn't have to stop me. I don't ever want to force myself on you, in any way."

I never wanted her to compare me to him, even subconsciously. He was an animal. Although I knew that if I ever pushed her too far, then I would be the same. An animal like him.

"Kane, you would never go too far." She pulled back and looked me right in the eyes. "I trust you, and I know you wouldn't. Okay?"

I could never disagree with her, I nodded my head, but at the same time I was still scared I wouldn't stop next time. It scared the hell out of me.

"Breakfast?" I asked pulling back and heading to the fridge.

"Sure, I'm kind of hungry, a little bit." I loved when she said that, it meant she was getting back to her usual was before him.

"And still have no preferences?"

"Maybe bacon, or salad."

I didn't think salad was a breakfast food so I compromised and decided.

"BLT's?"

"Oooh, sure."

I couldn't stop thinking about my control, or lack of control, as I made the bacon and toast.

We ate silently and her ring sparkled in the lights.

It was a nice ring, but nowhere near as gorgeous as her. It didn't even shine as much as her in a room.

I had asked Lily yesterday if Dani could have today off and she had no problem with it, especially with the new waitress.

She seemed to be thinking and I got nervous about if I had pushed her too far in any way.

"Kane, don't look so worried."

"You were thinking and then I started thinking and I- I'm sorry if I pushed you."

"How? I want to be your wife, I'm yours. Or do you mean earlier, because you didn't do anything wrong it was no further than usual. It was just a lot hotter."

I nodded and she blushed again as she grabbed my hand.

She opened her mouth to say something but then put the plates by the sink and grabbed my hand, bringing me back to the couch.

She straddled me and closed my eyes with her fingers.

"Just relax Kane."

I nodded and tried not to feel every inch of her skin on mine through my very thin boxers as she sat on me.

She tipped my head back so it was leaning on the couch and held it there, "Relax."

"Okay."

I had no idea what this was about but she seemed determined, so I wasn't going to be able to stop her anyways, even if I tried.

She put my hands on her hips and I held on. She giggled, "You're not very good at relaxing."

"I'm relaxed." 'Almost.'

Her fingers trailed up my arms and across my chest before going down my abdomen. Her touch left fire in its wake and I felt tingles everywhere she touched.

She then ran her fingers over my forehead and jaw before running them through my hair.

"Dani." I groaned and she laughed lightly. I couldn't help it though. In one way I was relaxed, but in another part of me, I was definitely not relaxed.

I felt her lips brush over mine before she lightly kissed my eyelids and nose before pecking me on the lips.

"Tease." I smiled when she laughed again.

"You're supposed to be relaxing."

"Why?"

"Because you're so worried about this morning, I wanted to take your mind off it."

"Thank you."

She opened my eyes and held my face, "You didn't push me, like always you stopped. I have no doubt that you will never push me."

She mumbled something afterwards that sounded like she was worried she would push me but I wasn't sure if I heard that right. 'What could she push me with?'

"What?"

"You'll never push me, I trust you Kane, entirely."

"What did you say after that?"

She hesitated, "I said I would probably push you before you push me."

"How? What?"

"You're so worried about pushing me into it, although you won't, that even when I'm ready you might not believe me and think you pushed me."

I was going to argue but she was right, so there was no point, "True."

"But I want you to know that when I say I'm ready, I will be."

"How do you know?"

"Because I won't tease you about that." The look in her eye said she was serious. But it also said she wanted this conversation to end, so I changed subject which she seemed relieved about.

"So, my beautiful fiancée, what do you want to do today, on your first day of engagement?"

Her face lit up and she smiled, "I want to spend time with my soon-to-be husband."

"Doing...?"

"I don't know."

I picked up her left hand and twirled the ring around her finger slowly, and couldn't help the smile on my face.

"I'm so happy you said yes."

"I'm so happy you asked."

I kissed her gently, still worried about this morning.

Her-or should I say my- shirt fell off her shoulder a bit and part of her scar stuck out. She went to cover it up but I held her hand, stopping her. I used my free hand to trace over the scar and she blushed embarrassed.

"Why do you hate them so much? Because of the memories?"

"Yes and no. Yes, I hate them because they bring back memories, some of them, but mainly because you deserve someone-"

"Don't finish that sentence." It basically came out as a growl and she looked down. "Dani, you're beautiful, inside and out. I love your eyes, how you fit against me, your personality, your humour, your attitude, and your scars. They show how strong you are. They show that you're a survivor."

"How can you not just see a knife wound? How can you not see them as flaws?"

"They are perfect imperfections, and I love them. I love everything about you."

I brought my head to her shoulder and kissed along the piece of scar I could see. I blew slightly on it and she shivered as I flicked my tongue along it before kissing it again.

"Don't hide them, not from me. Please?"

She nodded and I turned her around slowly. I grabbed them bottom hem of her-my?- shirt, "Can I?"

She nodded again and I slowly brought it up. I kissed all the top ones and laid her down to get the lower ones. I didn't do them all, some were pretty low, and I didn't want her uncomfortable. I traced my fingers over all of them and like always she tensed before relaxing, but not from pain or shock. It was almost like she was controlling herself and I loved knowing that I had the same effect on her that she had on me.

"You're beautiful. All of you."

She blushed and closed her eyes as I continued running my fingers over her scars.

I pulled her shirt down and she rolled over, "You're beautiful too."

I laughed and laid down beside her, "I can't even compare to you."

Thankfully she didn't argue and I kissed her shoulder as she fell asleep.

Two hours later she started to stir and rolled over to face me.

"Sorry, I fell asleep."

"Don't apologize, I love holding my fiancée in my arms."

She smiled and curled closer, putting her head on my chest and I ran my fingers through her hair.

"I'm going to hop in the shower."

"I'd prefer if you step in, it wouldn't make me worry so much."

She rolled her eyes and smacked my chest, "You know what I mean."

"I'm just being a pest."

She got off the couch and I spun her around before putting her down in the bathroom.

"Be careful." I closed the door and walked back to the couch, dialing my sister.

------

"Guess who?"

Her hands were over my eyes and she smelt amazing.

"My beautiful fiancée?"

She walked around and I stood up, "So any ideas for today?"

"No, maybe we can just hang around here."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Oh! When do I work?"

"Tomorrow."

"Kane."

"I asked Lily if you could have today off, a couple days ago."

"She knows you were proposing?"

"No. I just charmed her. Well, I guess Lily knows but not when I was asking."

"Why do you mean?"

"I asked Lily just under a month ago if I could marry you. She seems like a guardian to you in a way and I wanted her blessing too."

"Too?"

"Well, I asked your parents."

"You did?"

"Yeah. I figured they would be hesitant or something but they were fine with it as soon as I mentioned it. Did I go too far?"

"No, I'm glad you asked. What did they say?"

"Your mom just smiled and got all excited and cried, and your dad held back tears-but don't tell him I said that- and told me I had his blessing. And that if I ever hurt you he would hurt me worse."

She laughed, "He's protective, like you."

"Yeah, I got that."

"My parents like you, so it makes sense."

"I was more nervous to ask them than you."

She laughed and pulled me close.

"I'm glad you asked them."

"Me too."

"Do you think my dad would give me away at the wedding?"

"Yeah, he already mentioned it, but said only if you wanted him to. I think they think you might give yourself away."

"I was going to, but I want them to feel like we're a regular family, like we're close again. You know?"

"Yeah. I think it will help."

"I hope so."

"We can keep the wedding simple right?"

"Yep. No stress, just show up dressed and marry me."

"Sounds good."

"I can't wait to call you my wife."

"Three months."

"Like two and a half."

She rolled her eyes at me, "You're so eager."

"Well, the time will go by fast. Building our house, our dream house. Building a greenhouse and workshop, not to mention hanging out with you all summer watching you play volleyball."

"And watching you play football."

"That will probably be the most boring part of your summer."

"I don't know, I love those tights you'll have to wear."

I laughed as she blushed and smacked my chest.

"Maybe I'll get a pair now, break them in."

We both laughed and played games around the house before going for a bike ride.

(Author: Comment/Question/Vote!! This is one of the last chapters, maybe two more so let me know how it is(probably horrible) thanks!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HOPE By rosegolden27

Teen Fiction

693 34 34
It was a bright, summer day. Mr. and Mrs. Evans were both in the hospital, ready to give birth. But they were really scared. It's their first child...
16.3K 497 46
From where it all started My Life as I knew it before my world turned upside down was great, no not just great it was fabulous. It truly was until I...
66 15 15
"YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS! THERE HAS TO BE A DIFFERENT WAY; WE CAN FIND A DIFFERENT WAY!" I shouted over the deafening roar of the passing trains, h...
10.8K 107 11
"Get the fuck away from me, Leo." I lean down a little, so we're barely eye level. "You followed me to New York. Are you really that desperate?" "If...