The Murder Of 1998

Od Babyafro

(BOOK ONE OF THE HUNTER SERIES) (COMPLETED) A loving wife, a devoted mother, and a hardworking nurse. This is... Viac

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Twenty-Six

147 15 1
Od Babyafro

(A/N) thank you for over 600 reads and over 100 votes! <3

The bag containing the ring inside sat in Raymond's palm. He stared at it closely. He knew it was his wife's ring. The one that went missing. But this time it was covered in blood. He knew it was covered in her blood. He felt sick just looking at it. But there was one question floating around in his head?

What do I do with it?

He rubbed his chin in confusion while thinking of why Jack—or whatever his real name was—would even give him that. Raymond picked up the letter and looked at it again.

"I... what?" He whispered to himself. He was grateful that Victoria took Raymond's kids out to the park since it was intensely hot that day, not to mention he could have some time to himself. In order to cool off, he wore nothing but shorts to feel free. But even then he could still feel the sweat dripping down his bare chest that was covered in a bit of hair.

Raymond threw the letter back onto the coffee table and rubbed his temples. He felt as if it was too silent in the house. He was after all alone. He reached over to grab where the remote was, but remembered that it went missing. Raymond groaned and rolled his eyes, laying down on the couch.

"Hm." His hand sat on his lap while the other was tucked behind his head. His mind began to drift off, thinking of certain things. He snaked his hand over to the button of his pants, undoing it before unzipping his pants.

"I'm bored and lonely... might as well." He slid his hand down into his pants, and a minute afterwards, he tensed up and stopped. He had a mental image of Jack watching him masturbating through the windows. It made him feel uneasy and awkward.

He stared at the window right behind him, hoping that Jack wasn't actually watching him masturbate since he did say he was watching him at all times.

"Fuck," Raymond spat in annoyance.

-x-

Jordan stared at herself in the mirror and stared at one of the things that she considered a flaw. Her monolid eyes. She swept her eyeshadow brush over her lids, going for the natural look. She always wanted to look like all the beautiful white women she constantly saw in the magazines. Slim, pale, and no monolids. The exact opposite of her.

Her russet brown eyes lowered over to the alarm clock sitting on her desk, realizing she spent too much time trying to perfect her eyes. She sighed and looked over herself to make sure she looked decent.

Good enough.

Jordan slid her Birkenstock shoes on which showed off her neat and recent pedicure. The heat outside was unbearable, which for some reason Jordan was ok with. She hated the cold weather, so she didn't mind sweating a little bit. Plus she was wearing a thin t–shirt and her long brown hair was thrown up into a pony–tail. She felt like she was good for the day.

She grabbed her purse and gave herself one last look in the mirror before walking out of her apartment.

-x-

Papers were scattered all over Walter's desk, which was a normal thing for Seth when he walked in with tired eyes. Walter tilted his head up to look over at his partner, frowning.

"Geez, Seth. How you holding up?" Walter asked. Seth barley shrugged his shoulders in response, plopping down into his seat as he loosened his tie and tore off his suit jacket.

"Fuck it's hot," Seth commented. He closed his eyes and immediately fell asleep.

Walter stared at his partner, surprised at how easy it was for him to fall asleep in only ten seconds. He made his way over to Sergant Powell's office and poked his head into her open room, lightly knocking on the wall a few times to get her attention. Wanda looked up to see detective Ottoson standing at the doorway.

"Detective, how may I help you?"

Walter moved his hands behind his back, averting his eyes to the floor. "About Seth..."

"Ah yes," Wanda said as she placed her pen down, "I heard what happened. Terrible."

"So give him some time off."

Wanda straightened her back and raised a brow. "I did. Is he still here?" Walter nodded his head and Wanda rolled her eyes with a groan. "I told him he could have a week off. He's just like you, never listens."

Walter opened his mouth to respond to her comment before that, realizing the insult she threw at the two detectives. He stared at her with his hands on his waist. "Really?"

"If he doesn't want to take a week off, I won't force him to."

Walter nodded and put one foot in front of the other. "Do you know an FBI agent who works under Craig Wilkson... she's young, Asian, tan complexion... really beautiful brown eyes." Walter cleared his throat. Maybe it was just from the heat, or from his embarrassment, but he could feel his cheeks getting warm.

Sergant Powell pursed her lips as she stared at Walter oddly. "Yeeaa... I know her. Why do you ask?"

Walter shook his head. "No reason. Just wondering if you knew her. Did you know she's working on The Midnight Rose Murder case?" He gave his boss a wide toothy smile which actually creeped her out since no one really ever saw Walter Ottoson smile since the day of his birth. "Cool right? Anyways, since the newest murder popped up and Seth's son, Ervin, was actually at the crime scene, I believe there is some sort of connection with agent Borres's case and ours."

The Sergant sighed crossed her arms. "And what makes you think that?"

Walter shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. But I just feel like there's a connection. Why did he attack Ervin? And why did he go after Penelope? Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not."

"Man... I don't know. Usually whenever you have a hunch you tend to be right." Wanda pressed her fingertips against her chin, deep in thought. "This is a very big leap you're making. You sure about this?"

Walter's ocean blue eyes fell to the floor. He wondered what the possibility was of The Midnight Rose Murderer being the same person who murdered Emily LaBelle. Then again, there were two footprints, different sizes, and if Walter could recall, the MRM never had a partner. He always acted alone. So that defiantly decreaced the chances that he could be the same murderer for his case. But it was worth a try.

He moved his eyes back up to look at his boss and nodded. "Yes. I'm one–hundred percent sure."

-x-

Tanya sat next to Victoria as they watched the two siblings playing on the playground with the other kids.

"I want kids someday," Victoria said with a smile on her lips. Tanya tilted her head a little to the side as the little children ran around on the playground. "What's your opinion on kids?"

"I like them, and I want to have some one day..."

Victoria lifted her eyebrows, hearing Tanya's voice lingering on her sentence. "But...?"

"But Russell doesn't really feel ready for kids," Tanya whispered.

"How to do know that?" Victoria questioned.

"When Ray came over my house for those few days after Emily died, Russell wasn't too happy about the kids running around and making a mess in the house. Especially when they cried. He never told me he didn't want kids, but I could just tell." Tanya's expression dropped as she talked, realizing how badly she wanted to have a family with her husband. She wanted to become a mother so badly. "I want kids, Victoria. I want them so badly."

Victoria smiled at her and gently rubbed her shoulder. "And you will. Just you wait." She looked over at Mitchell and Kora now playing on the slide with Mitchell sitting right beside his little sister, holding onto her as they went down the slide.

"Vic, are you seeing anyone?" Tanya asked. Victoria shook her head.

"Nah. There's this guy who keeps flirting with me but I just don't feel a connection with him."

"Ah what a shame. Well hopefully he can back the hell off then and just leave you alone."

Victoria chuckled and nodded. "Yea I hope so too."

-x-

"Um, Seth I have a question."

Seth raised a brow and looked up from his papers, looking over the low bulletin wall. "And I might have an answer. Shoot."

Walter felt a little nervous and even stumbled on his words which made Seth realize just how nervous Walter was since he was never like that.

"S–so when you uh first met Evelyn, d–did you know right away that you liked her or did you developed feelings for her overtime?"

Seth shrugged his shoulders. "I would say that I knew I was going to have a happy life with her the moment I met her. Everything would be a happy ending." Seth shrugged his shoulders again. "Or at least I hope so. Why do you ask?"

Walter cupped his hands together, trying to stop the shaking. "No I'm just asking," he said and buried his face into the papers he was reading. Walter felt annoyed with himself. Why was he so nervous? Why did he feel this way? Or better yet, what was this feeling? He never felt it before. He wanted to get rid of the feeling. It was distracting him from his work.

Seth became confused as to why the stoic man was blushing with an expression of confusion. "What's wrong, kiddo?"

Walter hated being called kiddo. It made him feel like a, well, kid. He shook his head, trying to dismiss his partner and just try his best to focus back onto his work.

What the fuck is this feeling? I don't like it.

-x-

The old woman shook her head in disbelief, upset of what has happened to her daughter and granddaughter. Her son, Max who was only a few years younger than Monica, held her hand tightly, comforting her.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," Jordan whispered. The woman used the tissue in her hand to wipe away her tears that streamed down her face.

"I had a feeling something like this would happen."

Jordan tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"Well, after her divorce, Monica was a little reckless. She went to bars and drank till she was ill. Sometimes she met men and well, you get the point." The woman smiled sadly as she looked at the crumpled up tissue in her hand. "I can't believe my daughter is dead."

"Do you know who did this?" The son asked. Jordan shook her head with a sigh. "Right, this is him isn't it?"

"I'm afraid so, yes."

The room became silent as it sank in for the two mourning family members that Monica's death would never be solved, and Penelope will end up dead very soon.

"You might as well just give up on this case. You'll never find him," Max stated. 

Jordan frowned as she could tell the frustration in Max's voice. "Never. I'll never give up." Jordan placed a hand on her lap as she could feel the atmosphere a little more tense now. She looked over at Monica's mother. "You said that she became reckless after her divorce, like went out drinking and met some men. Did she ever talk about a specific man that she met?"

The old woman shook her head after only a few seconds of thinking. "No. She didn't talk to me a whole lot."

"Ah, but she told me about this one guy she dated for a little while," Max said. Jordan's attention was caught and she leaned forward a bit, her russet brown eyes shining brightly in the house lights.

"Tell me more about this guy," she whispered.

(A/N) Really sorry for not posting for a few days! I got both busy and lazy but I desperately wanted to post a chapter. But I got a half day on Friday and after that I start my April break. Maybe I can be more active then? Lol who am I kidding I'm gonna keep being the lazy shit I am.

I also feel very unorganized with this story. Like I will mention something important to the plot at the beginning and then forget about it. I'm going to try and plot down every major point in the story to help me organize it all because when I first started writing this, I had an idea of what I wanted to happen in the story. Not to mention, some of these characters have actually been around since 2014 but 2017 is when I actually started to write stories for them (which i eventually unpublished, twice) so I've been knowing specific things since even before i thought about writing about these characters. lots of things have been tweaked from the original plot, but hey it was outdated.

anyways, I'm getting a bit off topic. I'm going to attempt to start organizing myself more. and also, if you guys would like to hear about the original plot I had for The Hunter Series, comment! I'd be more than happy to share it in the A/N next time.

As always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please be sure to vote and comment, and also be sure to follow me so that you're notified when I post new chapters. It helps me out a lot :)

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1.8K 576 24
Twelve year old Night Levine Jackson is found dead at the foot of the stairs in the house she lives with her mother and step father. Detective Flauvi...
3.6K 528 38
WATTYS 2021 SHORT LIST**HEART AWARDS FOURTH PLACE. FORMER #1 PROCEDURAL. Detective John Robin discovers the murdered body of the hotshot homicide chi...
412 59 31
# Book trailer inside🍁 Mark is a simple private detective. "Find me Mark" that's when it's all started. He thought it was an usual thread... Until A...
40.1K 710 12
Elizabeth Mitchel thought her graduation day was going to be like any other, that is, until her ill mother gave her the name of her ostensible father...