Reckless (MAFIA STORY)

By lexi34

Adaline James, known by the world as a gifted chef and blogger. Her world just got flipped upside down when... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Authors Note
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Dont get too excited.
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Sorry
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Authors note
Ch. 37
Ch 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch.
Ch. 41

Ch. 6

5K 118 57
By lexi34

Adaline James

Dante left me at the house by myself for the first time in the last two days, which I'm surprised about because of what happened this afternoon. I'm still startled by it and very uneasy to be in the house alone, not only because of Giovanni but because I still don't understand why I am being held here other than Marcus doing something to them..

Attempting to find something to entertain myself I decided to cook.. Nothing else can seem to calm me. I made my way into the kitchen, constantly noticing the blood lying on the floor from where I was attacked.. But there is way too much blood here for it to just be mine. I began to feel nauseous at the sight of it.

"Miss. James? Are you alright." A kind voice said from behind me also making me jump from not knowing anyone was here.

"Yes I'm fine." I said turning on my heels, it was an older women holding a spray bottle and a rag. She must be the housekeeper Leo mentioned earlier.

"I'm Marcie, after I clean this up is there anything you'd like me to cook for you dear." She offered.

"Oh, no thank you Marcie.. I was going to make something for myself, I enjoy cooking." I smiled.

"Okay Miss. James."

"Marcie, call me Ada please."

"I would love too, but Mr. Rossi told me to call you Miss. James.. I'm sorry if that upsets you." She claimed as she got down and began to clean the blood that was covering the floor.

I just smiled at her and let her continue cleaning.. I left the room waiting for her to be done so I wouldn't interrupt her cleaning.

After about a half hour of sitting on the couch reading random magazines Marcie informed me that she was done for the day and heading out after she left I made my way back into the kitchen.

I began to scour the kitchen for things to cook that wouldn't involve meat.. There was no tofu to be found, and hardly any other forms of protein except for vegetables. I just decided to make a vegetable stir fry. I began to prep the vegetables by chopping them and trying to locate the cutting boards and pans in this massive kitchen. It took me nearly an hour to find everything I would need.. It was already midnight when I finally got to put the food onto the stove.

"Adaline!" I heard a voice call from the front of the house.

I turned down the stove and made and poked my head out of the kitchen to see Leo standing at the front door holding a bag in hand.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes.. I was enjoying being by myself for the short time.

"What's that smell." He said walking back into the kitchen tossing his bag onto the couch.

"Stir Fry." I said walking over to the stove and stirring it up once again.

"Would there be enough for me? I haven't eaten today." He asked taking a seat at the kitchen island with his eyes watching my every move.

"Yeah, I used almost all of your veggies you had in the fridge.." I shrugged. "Where are your bowels?" I asked turning toward him.

"I'll get them." He stood up walking over to a cabinet and grabbing two bowls out and setting them down next to me, I caught a quick glance at what looked like a splatter of blood on his shirt.

"What's on your shirt?" I rose a brow at him..

"Nothing." He hissed and sat back down in his previous seat.

I just dropped it, no point to piss off the guy who has me captured.

I split the stir fry into two seperate bowls. Sliding one across the table to Leo.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"No problem."

"Wait, why is there no meat in here? I thought I had chicken in the fridge?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I laughed.

"I don't eat meat Leo. Shouldn't that be in your information of me." I laughed again.

"I suppose it should have been." He laughed back. "I'll have Marcie pick up some groceries that you like them.. Leave a list on the counter for tomorrow and she'll go get them"

"I wouldn't want to burden her." I said taking another bite.

"She gets paid to do it, it's no burnden Adaline." He stood up and opened a cabinet.

"Would you like a drink?" Leo asked holding up a bottle of scotch.

"Have any red wine?" I asked.

"Of course, any preferences?" He rose his brow.

"Pinot noir?"

He opened a cabinet to reveal a small wine fridge and he pulled out a bottle. He set it on the counter, after further inspection of the bottle I realized that was a $200 dollar bottle of wine.

"I don't need your best stuff Leo." I exclaimed looking at the bottle.

"This isn't the best I have Adaline, just close to the best." He winked filling a glass of wine for me then pouring a glass for himself.

"Not a wine drinker Leo?" I asked raising a brow at him as he gave me the glass.

"Not really. I like my drinks a little stronger." He winked.

"Oh really." I said sipping from the glass.

I stood up and grabbed our empty bowls and put them into the sink, the entire time I could feel Leo's eyes on me.

"Want to go out on the deck?" Leo asked.

I nodded, and he grabbed the bottle of wine and scotch.

"Follow me." He smiled.

I followed him up the stairs and through his bedroom out onto the deck, the view was amazing.. We could see the pool, and passed that the water was brushing up against the shore.

I sat down on a bench and Leo sat down right next to me filling up my wine glass again before setting the bottle on the table next to us.

"What do you think of the view?" He asked.

"I love it." I was being completely honest if i wasn't being held captive here I don't think I would ever leave.

"Glad to hear that." He smiled.

Hours later.

We've been out on the deck for almost two hours now.. And I am well passed being tipsy.. I also think that Leo is getting pretty near my level of intoxication.

Without me realizing Leo had his arm around me, and I have no idea how long it had been there.

"Adaline you're shivering wanna head inside?" Leo said pulling me closer to him.

"Only if you stay with me." Holy shit did I really just say that?

"Are you sure?" He asked raising a brow at me.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I just leaned in and kissed him, but to my dismay he ended the kiss way earlier than I was hoping for.

I looked up at him with a frown and he smirked at me.

"Don't look so sad Adaline, I just don't want you to freeze out here." He grabbed my hand leading me back into the house. I grabbed the nearly empty bottles of alcohol and followed him into the house.

I figured he was going to take us back into his bedroom but i was wrong about that, so I took another sip of wine straight from the bottle. He lead me down the stairs to the living room. He grabbed the bottle of scotch from my hand and disappeared into the kitchen. Out of disappointment I took another sip of wine, only to realize that the bottle was now empty. I decided to bring it into the kitchen..

Holy cats I am sure tipsy, I can barely walk in a straight line. Leo must've been supporting me more than I thought on the walk down the stairs.. Oh well!

I sauntered into the kitchen; Leo was standing against the cabinet where my wine came from.

"Leo, look." I smiled holding up the empty bottle.

"You finished that all?" He laughed but his eyes were also quite wide.

"Yes sir." I said setting it down on the counter.

"Well I guess we should get you a glass of water then." He suggested as he walked closer to me.

"I'd prefer a glass of Leo."

Holy fuck what did I just say. I just let out a little laugh at myself.. I honestly can't believe I just said that.

"That confirms you need water." He laughed opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

"I'm only going to drink it if I get another kiss." Holy shit, I guess the wine was my liquid courage.

"Oh really Adaline." He said as he walked in front of me pushing me up against the counter.

"Yes." I smirked.

Before I could react he had his lips on mine, his hands instantly around me, pushing me up onto the counter. I wrapped my legs around his torso pulling him as close as possible.

Damn this is way more fun than anything Marcus and I ever did.

____________________________________________________________________

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. 

What do you think about Ada and Leo ;) 

xoxo 

lex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 16.5K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
86.1K 1.4K 45
*BOOK 1 OF LOVE SERIES* Rosaline is a simple girl, just trying to peruse her dream career as a model in Italy when she is troubled by a stunning man...
1.5M 43.5K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
234K 5.5K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...