INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 7

124 15 26
By Ender_Paige

Leiloni's POV

All of them were just standing there terrified at the flesh-eating monster on the top of Aaron, they were all too scared to do something. The monster was gnashing its teeth and blood was dripping all over Aaron's face. Troy immediately rushed towards them and swung the baseball bat that he was holding hitting the monster on its head that made it roll wildly to the side. I thought it was already dead but it suddenly stood up. It was about to attack Troy but he finished the monster with a hard smash on its head using the bat that made the monster's head crack open and blood splattering all over the floor.

Aaron stood up from the ground with drops of blood all over his face. Melissa handed him a white-colored face towel and has no choice but to use it to wipe out the blood off his face. My hands were still shaking and I just can't help myself but get terrified every time I see one of those monsters. I helped Alexis to sit on the ground and asked them what happened.

"I don't know, we were just talking about something when a monster suddenly attacked Aaron that made Alexis fall from his back," Melissa explained while Alexis' face still grimaced with all the pain that he's feeling.

"The monster came from that way," Elio said pointing to the passageway that leads to the cafeteria.

"We're heading that way, we must keep our eyes on the surroundings because some monsters were still roaming around," Aaron said still wiping the blood off his face.

"You're not bitten or scratched right?" Troy asked staring at Aaron suspiciously that made him look at Troy.

"Uhm, no he's not bitten or scratched, I just checked," Melissa said forcing a smile on her face.

"Good to know," Troy said and picked up the crowbar on the ground tossing it to Aaron which he immediately caught, "we should get going, some monsters might have heard Angel's scream, we'll be in danger if we stay here longer," he added and suddenly a growling sound made us wander our eyes around our surrounding but we saw nothing.

"Uh, guys," Audrey said pointing her fingers upward. All of us looked at where she was pointing and there I saw three monsters on the third floor of the building roaming around.

"Troy's right, we need to get going," I said making all of them agree.

It was just a short walk from the senior high building to the canteen, only one building apart. And as we walk, there are even more dead bodies here scattered on the ground that made me want to vomit. Everything still feels like a dream to me though, no, a nightmare.

"Ugh, I'm so fucking hungry!" Lauren complained rubbing her belly with her face that looks extremely tired.

"Maybe we should stop at the cafeteria first, get something to eat," I suggested. All of them agreed since we haven't eaten anything since breakfast and all of this walking made my lips turn dry.

The door of the cafeteria made a creaking sound while Troy is slowly opening it. We entered inside silently as my heart was starting to race. A clanging sound inside the counter made all of us flinch while Troy immediately raised the baseball bat above his head. Slowly, he walked towards the counter to check at what it was. My heart was beating fast as Troy carefully stepped inside the counter. He lowered the baseball bat and the nervous look on his face was replaced with relief.

"It was just a rat." He said.

I was about to be relieved but something caught my attention. The door behind Troy slowly opened and I saw a silhouette of a man behind it.

"Troy behind you!" I shouted that made him turn around but it was too late. A monster suddenly tackled him making them tumble to the floor. All of us panicked so I immediately rushed towards the counter as I heard Troy grunt while the monster was growling behind it. I picked up the glass bottle above the counter and was about to step inside but Troy already stood up with sweat dripping from his face.

He repeatedly smashed the monster with the baseball bat until the monster's head cracked open. The floor and the wall were soaked in blood. He looked at me panting as I just stood there with my hands still shaking.

"It was the cashier," he said to me smiling as he picked something up from the monster's chest. He placed it on the counter and it was an iron
nameplate covered in blood.

"Are you okay?" I asked slowly lowering the glass bottle that I was holding.

"Yeah," he chuckled trying to wipe the sweat off his head on his shoulder since his hands were covered in blood, "that pest scared the shit of me," he added staring at the dead body on the floor.

"You better check the kitchen," Aaron said in which they all agreed. He has no other choice since he's the only one holding a weapon well, Aaron has a weapon too but he's still carrying Alexis on his back. I sighed and took the crowbar from Aaron's grip and decided to go with Troy. I don't really know where I am getting all of this confidence but no one is brave enough to go with him inside the kitchen.

"Holler if you need back up," Lauren said as we slowly entered inside the kitchen. The first thing that caught my attention was the decapitated body on the floor that almost gave me a heart attack. We saw nothing else so Troy decided to wash the blood off his hands. After drying his hands on the air he unexpectedly lifted his shirt to wipe the sweat off his face. Holy shit! My heart skipped a beat as I felt my face getting warm discovering his perfect looking body right in front of me. Is it just me or it really getting hot inside the kitchen? Maybe something's cooking.

I snapped back from my fantasies into reality as Troy snapped his finger in front of my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered and took something out of my bag, "you still have sweats all over your neck," I said and lend him my favorite handkerchief printed with hello kitty designs which he took without hesitation.

"Smells like strawberry," he said with a smile on his face that made me chuckle. I was about to say something but Lauren called out for us to check if we're still okay so we decided to go back.

We told them that the kitchen is clear and we only saw a decapitated body inside. All of them sighed in relief so Elio immediately locked the entrance of the cafeteria.

We wasted no time and grabbed ourselves something to eat. There's still a lot of stock of food inside the kitchen so we took some for later and get it inside our bags.

Before I could even take a bite from the biscuit on my hands, I saw a socket outlet near the counter - where the cashier usually charges his phone when he was still alive. I immediately took the charger and the phone out of my pocket and sat above the counter so I can charge my phone while eating.

We decided to stay here for a while because we got tired after hours of walking. They were busy chatting and talked about how they survived those vicious creatures outside. Some were trying to guess and speculate why this is happening and wondered if this is also happening outside our school.

"Of course it is also happening outside," Aaron concluded that made all of us look at him.

"How can you be so sure about that?" Audrey asked but he just scoffed.

"Haven't all of you realized it yet? If someone is still alive outside our school then someone could've already saved us even before the sun went down yesterday," Aaron said and gulped the bottle of water he's holding.

All of us went silent, thinking deeply about what Aaron has said. If what he said is true, then someone must still be alive by now. We're still alive so some people who are braver and have the ability to fight back must still also be alive.

I turned my phone on and tried to call dad but it doesn't ring anymore. I tried calling his number again but the operator just says that the number can't be reached. Lauren walked towards me and asked if I am okay so I just nodded in response and I quickly wiped the tears that were starting to form into my eyes. I know he's still alive, I can feel it, I can't lose my hope on him. I called his phone once more but his number really can't be reached anymore so I texted him.

Dad, please call me if you read this message.

Please tell me you're okay.

"It's okay Lei I'm here for you," Lauren hugged me tightly which made me burst into tears, "We're family, right? I won't leave you by my side Lei I promise," whenever I cry Lauren always acts like my mother. Just like that time when my mother passed away. I wept so much and she's the only one who comforted me every day. And she told me the same thing, that she would never leave by my side, and she never did.

"Don't lose your hope on your dad okay? We all know how brave he is," Lauren added so I just nodded. I hugged her so tight and wiped my tears running down my cheeks.

"I think we should get going," that was Aaron's voice. He's right, it's getting late and we need to get out of this school as soon as possible.

We took all of our things and exited the cafeteria. Troy suddenly walked beside me and asked me if I was okay. I smiled at him and nodded in response and he flashed me his sweetest smile.

"Good to know," he said gently patting my head. Oh shit, I can feel my face getting warm again! Why is he acting weird all of the sudden?

"Okay love birds its time to go," Lauren said teasingly with a wide grin on her face. I glared at her and immediately grabbed her hands walking away from Troy that made Lauren laugh at me. I pinched her gently on the side that made her laugh even more.

We were already near the stockroom and I can already see it, bloodstains were all over the wall and I can see some dead bodies laying on the ground.

"Uh, guys," Audrey whispered pointing at something. All of them stopped so I looked at where she was pointing and my heart suddenly raced. It was a herd of monsters roaming inside the classroom in front of us. The door was wide open but luckily they haven't noticed us here.

"Let's walk fast but silently," Aaron said with a low voice. We continued to walk trying our best not to make any noise. But all of a sudden, my phone rang so loud that made them all look at me. Oh shit! Not now! My heart started to race and took my phone out of my pocket. I was about to turn it off but it was dad calling.

"Turn it off!"

"No, it's too late, run!"

Lauren suddenly grabbed my hand and we started to run. I glanced behind us and there I saw the herd of monsters chasing us gnashing their teeth. I looked back in front focusing my stride and I saw Elio have already reached in front of the stockroom.

"Guard open this fucking door quick!" Elio yelled banging repeatedly at the door.

The metal door creaked open and a tall bald guy went out of the room carrying a handgun on his right hand. He faced at our direction and started to shoot his gun. Melissa, who was running as fast as she could, looked back and haven't noticed the dead body in front of her that made her tumble on the ground.

"Melissa!" I yelled. I was about to help her but Lauren was gripping tightly on my hand. She pulled me and we continued to run but thankfully Troy helped Melissa get up from the ground.

As we reached the stockroom we immediately entered inside but waited for Troy and Melissa who was still outside. The guard was out of bullets so he just yelled and told Troy and Melissa to run quickly as the monsters were already right behind them.

As Melissa and Troy entered inside, the guard immediately locked the doors shut. We knew that locking the door wasn't enough so the boys helped him obstruct the door with heavy things so that the monsters can't barge in.

"Oh god," Lauren gasped that made me look at her. Her eyes widened covering her mouth with her hands so I glanced at where she was looking and I saw Melissa sitting on the floor and her right arm was bleeding.

Oh, shit no! I covered my mouth with both of my hands as I saw the huge scratches on her right arm. This is all my fault, I should've helped her back there. I could've stopped running but I didn't!

"This is all her fault," Audrey said while pointing her shaking finger on me. All of them looked at me while I just froze here standing with my heart racing.

I-I didn't mean to... I-I'm so sorry...

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 228 33
When a virus begins to spread throughout the world, turning those it infects into flesh-eating monsters. Forced to flee her home, Quinn watches her c...
96 2 7
Your high school has become you and your peers only stronghold from the zombies outside. The students have dissolved into factions, each with their o...
3.4K 301 37
The dead have never been so alive. After a deadly contagion reduced the world's population into mindless, undead monsters, the ruins of America still...
53.6K 5.9K 37
"As far back as I can remember, I've been surrounded by water. The salt in the air even now makes it hard to breath, forcing me to squint. Sand cling...